Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,012 members, 7,803,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget (165173 Views)

9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / 20 Nollywood Stars That’ll Rock 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by kolexy(m): 4:20am On Dec 27, 2012
saxywale: There was a comedy I enjoyed as well, can't remember the name....It featured Okey bakassi, Osuofia and jide kosoko. Okey n osuofia were two poor dudes trying to get rich by all means.

Pam pam pam
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Diligence: 6:34am On Dec 27, 2012
Here come the very true and proud Nollywood fans!

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by rubi96(f): 7:06am On Dec 27, 2012
secret goldmine where gold were being protected by snakes. I think j.t tomwest acted it.
Evil men by pete edochie and liz benson.
Onwa -pete edochie and late pete ene.
Evil that men do with mezue dn't know d guy's real name.
Der's dis one dat prince james uche was cooked in pot nd was given tortoise to wear nd d native doc tested his wrk by shooting only to kill him.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by iammodel(m): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2012
Have you guys forgotten "Ijele", "Okosisi", "The Oracle"?
Just to add to the awesome list.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by maxproxl: 7:54am On Dec 27, 2012
Nice list but "Keeping faith": RMD, ego boyo, genevieve and funmi aofiyebi,
"out of bounds": RMD and bimbo akintola and "flesh and blood": RMD and Amaeze should be on the list
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Slickest(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2012
ijebabe: I said Nollywood oo! grin

Just remembering these top movies as we 'celebrate' (abeg let's just give honour when due grin ) 20 years anniversary of Nollywood.

These films are in no particular order and some are missing details like the year and some cast members. So please help me fill that in smiley

1. Domitila (1996) produced by Zeb Ejiro, starring Anne Njemanze.

2. Glamour Girls (1994) produced by Kenneth Nnebue featuring Liz Benson, Eucharia Anunobi and Dolly Unachukwu.

3. Living In Bondage (1992) produced by Ken nnebue and directed by Chris Obi Rapu. Starring Kenneth okonkwo, Rita Nzelu, Kanayo Kanayo and Francis Agu.

4. Score to Settle (1998) Produced by Sunny Collins and directed by Chico Ejiro. Along with other stars, Rich Azu, Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Patrick Doyle featured in this film.

5. Hostages (1996) by Tade Ogidan. Actors included Tope Idowu, Ofuafo Otomewo, Richard Mofe Damijo, Bimbo Manuel, Lanre Balogun, Tunji Sotimirin and Zainab Buky Ajayi.

6. Nneka The Pretty Serpent Directed by Zeb Ejiro and produced by Okechukwu Ogunjiofor. Ngozi Ezeonu, Rita Nzelu and others.

7. Most Wanted (1996) Produced by Dozie Eriobu and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin. Featuring Regina Askia, Ibinabo Fiberisima and Ayo Adesanya along with Liz Benson, Antar Laniyan and Genevieve Nnaji.

8. Diamond Ring (1998) by Tade Ogidan, featuring Shola Shobowale, Richard Mofe Damijo, Zainab Buki Ajayi and Teju Babyface.

9. Owo Blow (1995) directed by Tade Ogidan featuring Adewale Elesho, Femi Adebayo, Racheal Oniga, Bimbo Akintola, Taiwo Hassan

10. Sakobi produced by Zeb Ejiro starring Saint Obi, Susan Patrick, Tony Umez.

11. Oleku The movie is an adaptation of Akinwunmi Ishola’s book, Oleku. Staring Yemi Sodimu

12. Issakaba featuring Sam Dede

13. Violated directed by Amaka Igwe and stars acts like Richard Mofe Damijo.

14. Sharon Stone in Abuja (2003) Genevieve Nnaji with late Enebeli Elebuwa under directives from Adim Williams.

15. Osuofia in London (2003) written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and stars other acts including Nkem Owoh, Francis Odega and Cynthia Okereke.

16. Evil Men staring Pete Edochie

17. Aki na Ukwa (2003) directed by Amayo Uzo Phillips starring Osita Iheme, Chinedu Ikedieze, Amaechi Muonagor and Oby Kechere.

18. After School Hours (1999)

19. Blood Money (1997) Chico Ejiro movie that starred the likes of Zack Orji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Francis Agu and Sam Dede.

20. Igodo was directed by Andy Amenechi, starring Pete Edochie among others.

I know other good movies are not on this list but I had to choose. What do you think should be on the list?
hw could u 4gt moviez lyk festival of fire,contractorz,day break,vuga.....

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Prettychyna(f): 8:48am On Dec 27, 2012
AKARAKA ADAMMA(Mike orihe dimma)
Circle of doom
Evil passion
Echidime
Ikuku
Highway to the grave
Dirty deal

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by mrjingles(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2012
Golden era of nollywood:
1. Living in bondage
2. Domitilla (asewo no be work ooo!)
3. Pampam
4. Igodo
5. Silent Night (classic)
6. Picadilly (sam loco was too much)
7. Izaga
8. Issakaba
9. Sgt. Okoro
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Slickest: hw could u 4gt moviez lyk festival of fire,contractorz,day break,vuga.....
You guys should forgive it wasn't easy to choose na.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by joshuaidibia(m): 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
wat of ISHAWURU? nd ISAKABA?
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by azpekuliar: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
There's still more to add to that list. Those where the days when Nollywood movies were rich with proverbs....''the bird that chooses to perch on the rope must be prepared to dance with that rope...'' - I think this was from 'Conspiracy'. Not this days when Chinwetalu Agu will be muttering one single line throughout the entire movie cheesy. Blood money has one of the best movie soundtracks I ever heard.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by nollywood20: 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
jeffoski: Wow all dis movies where really interesting and made loads of sense. Apart from the top 20 mentioned and some other mentioned too which I totally agree with I will like to add this few as my favorite too

Pot of life(dis is like d very 1st home video I watched.and I tink it was made in edo state)
Things Fall Apart
The Apple
Chain Reaction
Eagle Eyes
Fugitive
Mortal inheritance
Keeping Faith

[size=28pt]Which Things Fall Apart?

The only Things Fall Apart movie was done in 1972 before Nollywood.[/size]
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by emmalezy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Where is AGBARA NLA
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by mdee1(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Av nt seen it here on any1z list but i tink dz movies too r very interestin
* 31st night
* just a little sin
* ide esu{yoruba}
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Also SHAME - Liz Benson and RMD. Classic Movie.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ripo(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Conspiracy and misconception(starring Sam Loko in a village dat eats human flesh ). I wish I could find dos films again.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ripo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
Comedies like UNCLE WAYWARD (JOHN OKAFOR) and PAUL AND SILAS (SAM LOCO)
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ruteeb: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
WTF!! cant bliv av seen most of d movies up der @ poster, 9c 1, and i rem ds movie too
EGG OF LIFE
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by adesogbon(m): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
Heeeeyyyy,figurine in mean araromire am still searching 4 d film once more
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by nollywood20: 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
The Best Nollywood movie in 2010 now in DVD from January 7, 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOh2o4MWQVA

Champions of Our Time produced the Best Actress of 2010 Treasure Obasi, the next Queen of Nollywood after Genevieve Nnaji.

Innate abilities, talents, natural gifts are what describes God given potentials in mankind. Appropriate use therefore of these talents makes an excellent breed of person. She belongs to that rare breed of persons. At just 12 years she is already setting the pace in TV broadcasting. Her name is Treasure Obasi. Her talent made her a discovery and a prominent face on 'Young Inventors' a programme she present on network service of the NTA.

At the auditioning for the programme, she emerged best among other competitors who were then university undergraduate and already Treasure has presented 20 episodes of the programme to the satisfaction of the teaming viewers and NTA programme directorate.

Born on the 13th of February 1998 to the family of Mr. & Mrs. Abasi, Treasure is the first daughter in the family of two children. Her younger brother Sharon was born only two years after.

Treasure a student of JSS 3 attends one of the private schools in Lagos. She is indeed a leading light and a brilliant ability deposited in the Nigerian girl child. At the age eight she won the British Airways Essay Competition where she competed with secondary school students. She also won the best reader award for her school as a news caster.

Treasure says her interest in broadcasting started when she was in Nursery 2 and just 4 years old. She said she is always fascinated to see news casters on TV cast news without looking at the paper.

Her coherence, articulation, flow of thought and delivery at just 12 years made Treasure truthful to her name and a treasure to behold.

Photo of Top Nollywood living legend Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen with Treasure Obasi.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by initialize(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nice movie list, brought back good nigerian movie memories, I'm sure it wasn't nollywood then cos I don't know any nollywood movie that is us to the standards set by the mentioned movies

My list will also include:

Thorns of Rose (ft. Omotola Jalade)
Agaba (comedy by Osuofia)
Touching Love (Emeka Ike n Omotola)

No one has mentioned them
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by solonzo2funk: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dust to dust-francis duru izaga-liz benson,witches,forbidden,just till night,twins,hour of grace,sucide mission,
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by solonzo2funk: 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Stupid-nkew owoh,kide kosoko, violated,the only nigerian girl,battle of love,my love,
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by BestmanNnamdi(m): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
Chai! Dat was den, wen NOLLYWOOD was really a movie industry. But nw, pple are forcing dem selfs 2 act.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Where did u put "Yemi My Lover"
"Yemi in the Moon"
Ajoke Asewo to re Mecca
Ododo Eiye
Karishika

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by MeGaStReEt: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oracle-- starring Charles Okafor etal

Suicide Mission - - RMD

Festival of Fire - Regina Askia

11th Hour - J.T Tom West
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by punche(m): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ogun la ye, omo ara le le...... cant remember the year.( baba ibeji)

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by deviduff(m): 11:22am On Dec 30, 2012
fados4sure: My best is Blind Trust featuring Santos the Ransey Noah
Anyazu. Lol. Love that movie
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by deviduff(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2012
Where is 'Rattlesnake' starring okey igwe,nkem owoh,francis duru...? C'mon,that movie should even enter top 10
Onome, mortal inheritance, true confessions, flesh and blood,...
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Originalsly: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hmmm...Rattlesnake....haven't seen that one and everybody is rating it...hmmm...and with Nkem?...and Francis Duru?.. got to get it. Think Francis is one of the best Nollywood actors....top 3.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by rubi96(f): 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
Love without language sandra achums nd tarila thompson wonder where that guy is now.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Chuksgeo: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2013
@ op I think 9, 11, 13, 14 and 19 shouldnt be in the list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga) / Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.