Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget (165331 Views)

9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / 20 Nollywood Stars That’ll Rock 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by azpekuliar: 9:08am On Mar 09, 2013
The first time I saw John Okafor a.k.a Mr. Ibu was in a 99/00 movie. I can't remember the title, but I recall Segun Arinze starring in that same movie and wearing this old school wig. Who recalls this movie?
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by SIRcumalot: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
I have watched all the movies the OP mentioned nollywood use to make sense that year.
There is this movie with teju baby face,RMD, bimbo akintola and bukky ajayi it addresses grave robbing and cultism can't seem to remember the title but it should be on that list.
BACKSTAB this my first naija kung fu movie starred Echaria and Charly boy (played a good villian in that movie)
WITCHES scary as hell.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by deviduff(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
I have watched all the movies the OP mentioned nollywood use to make sense that year.
There is this movie with teju baby face,RMD, bimbo akintola and bukky ajayi it addresses grave robbing and cultism can't seem to remember the title but it should be on that list.
BACKSTAB this my first naija kung fu movie starred Echaria and Charly boy (played a good villian in that movie)
WITCHES scary as hell.
Think that was 'Diamond ring'.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by SIRcumalot: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
^thanks it is even on the first page.for a nollywood critic like me I sure have seen a lot of the good ones.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by DarkSpawn80(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
State of emergency & Yemi my lover.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by naptu2: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
I still haven't found a picture of Matt and Gladys Dadzie, but I got one of George Menta. Unfortunately he died in April 2012 cry . He was 80 years old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by chukseee(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
My top movies
battle of muzanga
igodo
highway to heaven
diamond ring
hostages
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by missvera(f): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ololade mr. Money featuring olaiya igwe.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by teoo: 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oleku, kosegbe, tioluwa nile, saworoide, owoblow, hostages, rituals, glamour girls, witches, ogidan, and on and on and on.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by adetolaayoola: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
shizzlin: Wow...luvn ds! What of:
The ndakubas: was acted by only dwarfs
A cry for help: nkiru sylvanus,
The kids are angry: kanayo o kanayo,
Rapture: helen akpabio,
Yesterday: liz benson,
Most wanted, Festival of fire: regina askia,
Alternative: benita nzeribe,emeka ike,
Apoti eri, Just a little sin: mount zion films,
Christ in me, Amadioha: can't remember the stars

And then these other ones,can't remember their names now:
Pete edochie starred as "odumodu",
The mount zion film that had "ayamatanga",
Is it millionaire or billionaire's club now?can't remember which, starred tony umez,
One of those films with "love" titles in them, where ramsey nouah and emeka ike were both in love with chiege alisigwe,
The yoruba film where oga bello married a very little girl who was bossing him around,only for him to wake up and realize 'twas a dream. #phew
oga bello and the little girl is called Maradonna, its showing now on youtube
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Donatelo: 12:08am On Sep 21, 2013
Pls my good people, who knows where the star of Rattlesnake Okey Igwe, is now?
Secondly, Andy's wife 'Merit', in Living in Bondage...
where did they disappear to?
Any info on their whereabouts?

I recently saw Okechukwu Ogunjiofor aka 'Paulo' in a TV interview.
He only produces movies now.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ExoticHarriet: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
StateOfMind:

Yemi my lover should be off this A-list abeg..

I watched the movie recently on afmagyor for a few minutes and I found it really dumb. I just sat down and wondered how and why it thrilled me as a kid then. All those golden yellow annoyn costumes wv the songs..arrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol..ok pls what's the name of this movie? Is it yemi my lover or it has another name?
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by CHARLOE(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
My all-time best- KEEPING FAITH; Good dialogue, professional acting. featuring some of d best in Nollywood- mofe damijo, genevive, aofoyebi, fred amata etc
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ticker(m): 7:36am On Nov 03, 2013
hope u, guys, ve nt nice movies like 'blind trust' 'violated' 'thorns of roses' 'tears of joy' 'conspiracy' 'the secret gold mind' 'live wire' 'dileima' 'end of the wicked' 'endtime'
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ticker(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2013
chukseee: My top movies
battle of muzanga
igodo
highway to heaven
diamond ring
hostages
hostages is a vry interestin movie. How can sum1 get this old movie?
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Wat abot Festival of Fire?
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Adamaranma: 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Rattle snake, violated, hostages, taboo, ikuku, evil passion, igodo, ijele, love without language, true confession, nneka the pretty serpent, fatal desire, etc. those were the days when Nigerian films were really interesting but these days the story lines are all the same and the films very predictable. So sad! Anyway pls am looking for the movie evil passion, does anyone have it so I can make a copy or buy?
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Adamaranma: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Yes o producers and directors like Teco Benson pals where r they? I also cried after watching " tears from heaven", d movie " flesh and blood" never really ended well. And that girl Mimi who acted with Hilda in fatal attraction what's up with her these days? Am still searching for d movie evil passion so pls anyone who has a lead should pls contact me here.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Giyerte(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Raymondenyi: Pls how can I get some of these old nollywood movies, I need dem in ma collections
search for them on www.youTube.com
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Joeabutu7655: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2014
I am indeed happy you all remember WATER BOY produced by Tokunbo Robbins,it was Halima Abubakar's first break.They are set to release QUEEN OF HEARTS and WATER BOY 2.

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by SexyFox(f): 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
OgidiOlu3: Full moon
Ti Oluwa nile

How could I forget Sango? Still searching for that movie, truly a classic!
I will never forget "fool moon". I was just a kid when I watched it and till now I'm still scared of that film.

These films should be remade.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
I can't recall the 'kanayo was a soldier and was having issues with his superior officer Segun arinze cos of a woman... Kok dad was Pete edochie
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
Classic action movies by ossy affason then like Broad day light: hanks anuku, state of emergency, who will tell the president etc
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
I can't forget this "Don't you know your master likes green onions ••••Vuga••••that film was wow. Cast > gentle jack,Regina askia,chinwetalu agu and Segun arinze
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ebucha: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
saxywale:
There was a comedy I enjoyed as well, can't remember the name....It featured Okey bakassi, Osuofia and jide kosoko. Okey n osuofia were two poor dudes trying to get rich by all means.
The name of the movie is Pam Pam Pam
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by bigglat: 12:19am On Mar 09, 2015
Fugitive - Featuring Ramsey Nuoah, Stella Damascus and Rita Dominic
True Confession - Featuring Liz Benson and Shola Foshudo.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ATMC(f): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2015
Pls where is the lead actress in the movie 'The only Nigerian girl' and Karashika?
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by morsadh(m): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2015
azpekuliar:
The first time I saw John Okafor a.k.a Mr. Ibu was in a 99/00 movie. I can't remember the title, but I recall Segun Arinze starring in that same movie and wearing this old school wig. Who recalls this movie?

Vuga
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by itstpia8: 1:34am On Nov 19, 2015
dulaman:
'Yemi my lover' (yemi and moji) a boy who met n fall in love wit a mermaid whn hs mum went to d river along with him to wash cloths.cnt rememba d name.

yemi my lover is not nollywood, it preceded it, maybe a forerunner.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by timsarb: 10:16am On Jan 22, 2016
when the sun set. starring kate Henshaw, Onome, a cry for help
ijebabe:
I said Nollywood oo! grin

Just remembering these top movies as we 'celebrate' (abeg let's just give honour when due grin ) 20 years anniversary of Nollywood.

These films are in no particular order and some are missing details like the year and some cast members. So please help me fill that in smiley

1. Domitila (1996) produced by Zeb Ejiro, starring Anne Njemanze.

2. Glamour Girls (1994) produced by Kenneth Nnebue featuring Liz Benson, Eucharia Anunobi and Dolly Unachukwu.

3. Living In Bondage (1992) produced by Ken nnebue and directed by Chris Obi Rapu. Starring Kenneth okonkwo, Rita Nzelu, Kanayo Kanayo and Francis Agu.

4. Score to Settle (1998) Produced by Sunny Collins and directed by Chico Ejiro. Along with other stars, Rich Azu, Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Patrick Doyle featured in this film.

5. Hostages (1996) by Tade Ogidan. Actors included Tope Idowu, Ofuafo Otomewo, Richard Mofe Damijo, Bimbo Manuel, Lanre Balogun, Tunji Sotimirin and Zainab Buky Ajayi.

6. Nneka The Pretty Serpent Directed by Zeb Ejiro and produced by Okechukwu Ogunjiofor. Ngozi Ezeonu, Rita Nzelu and others.

7. Most Wanted (1996) Produced by Dozie Eriobu and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin. Featuring Regina Askia, Ibinabo Fiberisima and Ayo Adesanya along with Liz Benson, Antar Laniyan and Genevieve Nnaji.

8. Diamond Ring (1998) by Tade Ogidan, featuring Shola Shobowale, Richard Mofe Damijo, Zainab Buki Ajayi and Teju Babyface.

9. Owo Blow (1995) directed by Tade Ogidan featuring Adewale Elesho, Femi Adebayo, Racheal Oniga, Bimbo Akintola, Taiwo Hassan

10. Sakobi produced by Zeb Ejiro starring Saint Obi, Susan Patrick, Tony Umez.

11. Oleku The movie is an adaptation of Akinwunmi Ishola’s book, Oleku. Staring Yemi Sodimu

12. Issakaba featuring Sam Dede

13. Violated directed by Amaka Igwe and stars acts like Richard Mofe Damijo.

14. Sharon Stone in Abuja (2003) Genevieve Nnaji with late Enebeli Elebuwa under directives from Adim Williams.

15. Osuofia in London (2003) written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and stars other acts including Nkem Owoh, Francis Odega and Cynthia Okereke.

16. Evil Men staring Pete Edochie

17. Aki na Ukwa (2003) directed by Amayo Uzo Phillips starring Osita Iheme, Chinedu Ikedieze, Amaechi Muonagor and Oby Kechere.

18. After School Hours (1999)

19. Blood Money (1997) Chico Ejiro movie that starred the likes of Zack Orji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Francis Agu and Sam Dede.

20. Igodo was directed by Andy Amenechi, starring Pete Edochie among others.

I know other good movies are not on this list but I had to choose. What do you think should be on the list?

**Due to popular demand, and I agree, Rattlesnake should be on this list. I just don't know which film to replace it with!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga) / Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.