Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

State Of Texas - Important Information Inside - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / State Of Texas - Important Information Inside (7489 Views)

Sam Mbonu Survives Accident In Texas (Photos) / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / The Beauty Of Texas. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja: @ojdollarz pls can u give me quick factz about houston........itz job,env.,lifestyle,rent......
@ gunnerz if u av gutz give oil rigs job a try......my suggestion....pray about it and give it a thought

@I Hate 9ja... I remember you sent me an email and I gave you my Phone number to call me when I replied you back. If you are going to Houston and want to know much about Rent and other Information. I will suggest you use Houston.craigslist.com and Click on Real Estate/Housing, you can also search for Job there too, if you need urgent Job and you can be favor to even start the next day. Click on Jobs on the right side of the site and go to General Labor under Job, you will see Temp Agency looking for people to fill up Construction Job Position.. Make sure you go to only offices and don't meet anybody in their homes, except if you want to buy a Car which is under Car + Truck - Auto on the site... This is the best way to find apartment and what it cost... You can also try www.apartment.com and use the zipcode of the area in Houston you would like to Stay... You can also call 911 for them to tell you what area is the most safest, with the statistics of the crime rate there for 2012 or you look it up on Google... There are some no go area, so use your head bro...

Happy New Year

1 Like

Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
evantical: guys can I apply from nigeria?or how else can I apply to make it to US?

Bros, find the thread on USA Visit Visa or contact that user FAST-LINK... On Nairaland, he got loads of information for you if you are lazy to read.

Happy New Year
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
mikkyangel: OjDollars,
Nice one there, i actually had this information last year December(when i landed yanky for good)..Infact,my friend who came to pick me at the airport ,in Baltimore Maryland had just relocated to Baltimore 24hrs earlier. He had spent 3good yrs in Newyork and things were pretty tight even though he had 2 jobs. He relocated to Maryland baltimore because he was to start the said Job the following week..

Within 5months on this Job, my friend had bought 2 cars(Toyota Camry 2003, which he used for 3months and shipped to n9ja), and Toyota camry 2007 model which he currently uses.In all this, he still sends money constantly to his siblings and parents back home...wow, i love this Job, 4days on ,3days break.. $17 per hour(normal working time) and $25 per hour over time..Another Good thing about this job is that you can be as old as 50yrs and yet you will be employed..I saw so many Nigerian(papa with them uniforms on)..The enrolment exams forthis jb is easier than primary 6 G2, funny thing is they employ Africans the most.

"But if you ask me, its quite a dangerous job i must say",

@mikkyangel ... Every Job in America is dangerous... No risk no reward, is better to go out there trying to go to your Job when you hear a Lion is outside, than to remain indoor frightened over a story told of a Lion on the street and give an excuse for not being able to go to your job. Is better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all our lives. Bros, I dey feel you ooh, but that Job een, na the way you take package yourself with the inmate sometimes nai dey make am dey less risky or more risky. Anyhow, there must be a way... Where you dey reside for US? Make we connect.
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
adexkem: Thank you sir. I have to make more finds before i jump the gun. Cos my wife and i are making something close to that for now. I would not want to make a decision i will regret. Please update me when you get the fact while i also source for information on my own. Again, is it not possible for me to join correctional officer in illinois where i leave ? Please help me with any info that could be of help

@Adexkem... Make una do relocate come Texas... IL... is a very dangerous place, especially Chicago... Those Mexicans or Latinos een nor dey smile there. But anyway, no place is left out in gun violence in America. But I'm sure that in Texas, you will have less cost on Accommodation, feeding, transportation, gas, peaceful life, higher income and a better job. No one ever come to Texas focus that has regretted it. If you're not law abiding, is then you can leave Texas on Probation when you come for Vacation...
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
ojdollars:

@I Hate 9ja... I remember you sent me an email and I gave you my Phone number to call me when I replied you back. If you are going to Houston and want to know much about Rent and other Information. I will suggest you use Houston.craigslist.com and Click on Real Estate/Housing, you can also search for Job there too, if you need urgent Job and you can be favor to even start the next day. Click on Jobs on the right side of the site and go to General Labor under Job, you will see Temp Agency looking for people to fill up Construction Job Position.. Make sure you go to only offices and don't meet anybody in their homes, except if you want to buy a Car which is under Car + Truck - Auto on the site... This is the best way to find apartment and what it cost... You can also try www.apartment.com and use the zipcode of the area in Houston you would like to Stay... You can also call 911 for them to tell you what area is the most safest, with the statistics of the crime rate there for 2012 or you look it up on Google... There are some no go area, so use your head bro...

Happy New Year

complimentz to u sir......mail......nah....dont av it
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ ojdollarz pls do russianz reside in ur area @ texas
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
ojdollars:

Happy New Year
hmmmm very helpful....i ve done my check..........jah blezz
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by imperiouxx(m): 2:18am On Jan 03, 2013
ojdollars:

The last time I check, you were on the Student thread, hustling information on how to leave 9ja, na you don dey run follow those little little friends of yours for wherever you dey live now for America, come dey make you think say you be Ja.don... Do you know anything about live? I didn't put up this thread for kids like you to come show off, you must know me by now. I don't tolerate this type of attitude around my thread. I only put up this information to help other people here a.nd not for you to come up here and sound like this Job is a demeaning Job. Show some maturity and don't post natin.

Chei! You're too wayward ooo! My post never mean any negative to your business.....looooool, I don't hustle for info on student thread but dash out info for people like you. So you've landed in US at last.....Ope o! Well, I'm still active on student thread in case you still care for more info about schooling in TX (part time study isn't bad too). Don't send me any email because my valuable info got no price(I know you like asking people to email you privately for info......remember Account Statement For Canada Student Visa thread in 2011?........looool) Remember the last you came to student thread to salvage info? I saw you there many times. Remember the time you were bragging you got many bank accounts in PH for your dream kid?....... LWKMD oooo! Bros, drop insult......I expect you to have overgrown insulting people but you're not.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by kpolli(m): 3:53am On Jan 03, 2013
ojdollars:

This is 2013.... Isn't there a need for some Nigerians like you to change their mindset? No respect for the dignity of Labor? OK... Tell us what you do in real life.. You coming on the thread to show off and brag like you're better off to people who does this Job. Ever left Nigeria ever? Mtscheww

Bros, u obviously think am as poverty-minded as you are. . . I would just allow you dwell in the misery of your thoughts and ignore you. . . .

PS: Unlike you, I don't broadcast where I've been to cos I don't see it as an achievement. . .

2 Likes

Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by YomiFash86(m): 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
[email][/email]
Hi OJdollar,
Your information is highly accurate, i am currently living in NJ, but i was in DFW TX for a week in December to see how things go, i was impressed. Regards.[/color] grin[color=#006600]
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
The 5 Best Cities for Your Career in 2013

Print

By Alida Moore, PayScale.com

If you are considering moving to a new city, it might be smart to factor wage and employment potential into your city choice. But how do you know which cities are thriving and which are struggling?

To find out, we consulted online salary database PayScale.com. The PayScale Index analyzes wage growth by metro area. Katie Bardaro, Director of Analytics at PayScale, told us which industries are growing. "IT, biotech, and oil and gas are all seeing significant growth," Bardaro explains. "All three industries are experiencing increased demand for their products and services, which means they are hiring and paying accordingly," she says.

Which cities came out on top? Read on to find out more about the places in the U.S. that enjoy a relatively low unemployment rate and relatively high wage growth.

5. Seattle
Unemployment Rate: 7.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.1 percent

The Emerald City is well-known for its presence in the world of tech. The overly caffeinated workers in this city enjoy careers in IT, aerospace and software development. Popular jobs in Seattle include program manager, IT, senior finance manager, technical program manager and aerospace engineer.

4. Minneapolis
Unemployment Rate: 5.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.2 percent

Minneapolis enjoys an economy that thrives on manufacturing, including electronics, medical equipment, and machinery. Popular jobs in Minneapolis include actuary, senior business manager, project manager, marketing and category manager.

3. Boston
Unemployment Rate: 5.9 percent
Wage Growth: 3.3 percent

Living in one of America’s oldest cities, Boston workers enjoy careers in healthcare, biotechnology and finance. Popular jobs in Boston include principal scientist, principal software engineer, research scientist and research associate.

2. Dallas
Unemployment Rate: 6.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.5 percent

Known for big hair and bigger lifestyles, this Texas city specializes in telecommunications, defense and technology. Popular jobs in Dallas include landman, radio frequency engineer, senior recruiter, and tax accountant.

1. Houston
Unemployment Rate: 6.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.9 percent

The largest city in Texas is home to many industries, including aeronautics and healthcare. Healthcare is growing due to the increasing population. As the population ages, more healthcare services are needed. The biggest boom, though, is oil and gas, which has had the most positive impact on wages in Houston. Popular jobs in Houston include petroleum engineer, petroleum geologist, geophysicist and drilling engineer.

Source: Wage and industry data provided by online salary database PayScale.com. Salaries listed are median annual salaries for full-time workers with five to eight years of experience and include any bonuses, commissions or profit sharing.
Unemployment data provided by The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by onyewuche(m): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
What kind of job is that?Await your response

mikkyangel: OjDollars,
Nice one there, i actually had this information last year December(when i landed yanky for good)..Infact,my friend who came to pick me at the airport ,in Baltimore Maryland had just relocated to Baltimore 24hrs earlier. He had spent 3good yrs in Newyork and things were pretty tight even though he had 2 jobs. He relocated to Maryland baltimore because he was to start the said Job the following week..

Within 5months on this Job, my friend had bought 2 cars(Toyota Camry 2003, which he used for 3months and shipped to n9ja), and Toyota camry 2007 model which he currently uses.In all this, he still sends money constantly to his siblings and parents back home...wow, i love this Job, 4days on ,3days break.. $17 per hour(normal working time) and $25 per hour over time..Another Good thing about this job is that you can be as old as 50yrs and yet you will be employed..I saw so many Nigerian(papa with them uniforms on)..The enrolment exams forthis jb is easier than primary 6 G2, funny thing is they employ Africans the most.

"But if you ask me, its quite a dangerous job i must say",
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by kinzzo112(m): 10:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Please, i want to ask if Neco is accept in the US or only Waec?
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
onyewuche: What kind of job is that?Await your response

Na Correctional Officer Job ... People when they work for Prison for America just 4days a week.
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
kinzzo112: Please, i want to ask if Neco is accept in the US or only Waec?

Both ... Just evaluation needed, come America first.
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 02, 2013
ojdollars: Relocate To The State Of Texas....

3) Nice Weather, like our Nigerian Weather..

So they get tornado, hailstorm, snow, ice, 120 degree weather in Nigeria?
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Oteleye(f): 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
Guys abeg help me, me sef wan come to Texas
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Yvete(f): 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Lol ... See my people Imperiouxx and Kpolli! Are you guys trying to be correction Officers as well?

OJ $$, Good job marketing Texas, but if folks don't win the DV lotto before coming over, how can 'they' work without authorization? Your topic should read job opportunity for those coming over to work in the US with EAD/H1-B.

1 Like

Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by gunners4u: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
bros ojdollars,am nw in dallas,grand prairie, texas.
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by chirpywest(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2013
My felloow nairalanders in the united states, please the newly immigrated ones needs your opinion and experience on survival no matter the state you lives and profession you are into. Let us know the most vital or lucrative profession that will enable new immigrants to stand on their feet speedily.
Please whatever experience you had when you newly migrated will be of greater help to the newly migrated ones so we don't stagnate for long before establishing. Be it the certification courses,the profession, the business and even the way of living or lifestyle will be appreciated wella.
Contribution from every one with vital informations will be highly valued. Thanks.
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yvete: Lol ... see my people Imperiouxx and Kpolli ! Are you guys trying to be correction Officers as well?

OJ $$, Good job marketing Texas, but if folks didn't win the DV lotto before coming over, how can 'they' work without authorization? Your topic should read job opportunity for those coming over to work in the US with EAD/H1-B.

No Shaking
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
ojdollars:

Happy New Year

Why are you giving advice that is going to get him arrested?

Its a felony to abuse 911 number like that.
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Somorin#1:

Why are you giving advice that is going to get him arrested?

Its a felony to abuse 911 number like that.

You mean all the Advice in my Post would get him arrested or Just the 911 THING? People do it in TX all the time, that's why when you call 9aa, they ask you what your emergency is, if it's no emergency, they re-direct your call to the right office... Or you can call the Non-Emergency Police number... Bros, na help I dey try help.. If you know the right thing pass, just drop am for the thread for the guy.. Moreover, that guy don even settle long ago... Cheers
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by G2Glory(m): 10:17am On Nov 21, 2013
ojdollars: Relocate To The State Of Texas....

Why should you relocate to Texas...

1) 1 Bed Room All Bills Payed Apartment From $450usd To $600usd.
2 Bed Room All Bills Payed Apartment From $650usd To $800usd.
3 Bed Room All Bills Payed Apartment From $750usd To $900usd.

2) Groceries are relatively cheap.

3) Nice Weather, like our Nigerian Weather.

4) Plenty Of Job Opportunities From Temp Staffing Agency to Direct Employers.. Via this Means.

i) www.linkstaffing.com
ii) www.selectstaffing.com
iii) http://dallas.craigslist.org/lab/
iv) Warehouse Jobs from $9usd - $18usd per hour (Requires some kind of Fork Lift Experience which you can acquire it's license with $100usd within 3hrs and an ID to show you are certified by OSHA)
v) Security Jobs, Medical Jobs, Loads and lots of Certified Nursing Assistance Job - CNA. Nursing Jobs and ETC....
vi) Correctional Officer Jobs (With Salary ranging from 2500 monthly with only 4days or working each week. More on the CO Job at ( http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/vacancy/coinfo/apply4co.html ).

5) Nice neighbourhood, Affordable houses... If you keep your focus, you can buy your own home within a year or two

I believe Texas has everything you need and the kind of life you desire to live. You and your Family can have a true American experience in Texas. Why not give it a thought today? Many who did has stopped struggling and picking up their lives again. It would be my pleasure to give you any assistance in regards to relocating, finding a Job and settling into the State Of Texas. Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and New Year Holidayz...

Good day ojdollars - just going through this trend & found your this resource very useful & interesting to me.

Please any advice (accomodation)/guidance for family relocationg to Houston this december - preferably 2 bedroom
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by ojdollars(m): 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
G2Glory:

Good day ojdollars - just going through this trend & found your this resource very useful & interesting to me.

Please any advice (accomodation)/guidance for family relocationg to Houston this december - preferably 2 bedroom

Yes go to Houston.craigslist.com, and on the tab find Apt/Housing, type in the amount within your budget and search. Do reviews of them apartment complexes on google.com
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
@ojdollar

i wanna relocate to Houston can you be of assistance , serious no games
Re: State Of Texas - Important Information Inside by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 26, 2013
ojdollars:

You mean all the Advice in my Post would get him arrested or Just the 911 THING? People do it in TX all the time, that's why when you call 9aa, they ask you what your emergency is, if it's no emergency, they re-direct your call to the right office... Or you can call the Non-Emergency Police number... Bros, na help I dey try help.. If you know the right thing pass, just drop am for the thread for the guy.. Moreover, that guy don even settle long ago... Cheers

So you even know the right answer all along?

Calling the non emergency number is the way to go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dana Wins Best Domestic Carrier For 2011 Award / To Renew Nigerian Passport In Malaysia / Dana Air License Suspended For Audit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.