Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1242891 members, 1650605 topics. Date: Monday, 22 September 2014 at 03:14 PM

Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? (13948 Views)

10 Mistakes Men Make With Women (for Men Only) / Why Do Men Check Out Ladies' Asses? / Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by babyosisi(f): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
toluleke: Y i no go chop wetin i use my money buy

I wonder?i don't fall for that type of intimidation lai lai
Thank God for a battalion of kids
I won't even know who ate and who didn't eat

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by solomon111(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Blendy77: Better hungry never catch am, if not nobody will tell him to make amend for food he spent his money on. My hubby tried it this xmas, I was just laughing becos I know he doesn't know how to cook. I just saw him walking up and down the kitchen to the sitting room after I'd packed evrything into the refrigerator. Out of pity I asked him what he wants to eat this morning and he said anythg. I was expecting to hear the same nothing he told me yesterday night.
All the same its not too good to starve them for long cos believe me, most of them will go out to eat instead staying hungry and the whole aim of making peace would have been defeated. Once in a while its good to make the first move and offer them food cos they are still our first Babies. If your husband develop ulcer na u go still suffer to help find solution.
This is one of the reasons why men should learn how to cook.
Why should i starve when i can cook?
Thanks to my mama for teaching me how to cook.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by IYANGBALI: 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
sir_emperor: If your man refuse to eat your food. Madam think twice and beg him to eat Cos that's a means of loosing him to a single lady fast fast.
that was how I fell into the hands of my second wife
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by k2039(m): 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
greatgod2012: as for me o, my own man never refuse to eat when there is disagreement. He calls me and request for his food, d only thing is that, there may not be jokes cracking, but will definately not reject d food and at d same time, makes sure d disagreement do not last beyond a day.
gringringringringringringrin

The bolded got me laughing
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by solomon111(m): 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
IYA NGBALI: that was how I fell into the hands of my second wife
lol.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Knowledge9000: 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
IZUKWU: My father is an expert on that,i use to be angry with him over that, i know it hurts my mother when he does that but he began to over do it now sometimes even refusing to eat the ones cooked by my sisters.
He is lucky. Not at my house. The first time my father tried this, my Mom put him on hunger strike for 3 days and he never tried it again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Jutresbien: 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
Starving doesn't make sense to me. If u're angry with her, reject her food and eat elsewhere its understandable. To inflict pain on ur self cos u want to show how angry u r is kinda childish. A friend that has been married for 10 yrs says they agreed never to go to bed with unsettled disputes, they failed just 2ce.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by lion042: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
maybe he lost his appetite during the misunderstanding,but most men do it to hurt their wife more, cause when u dont eat ur wife food, it makes her feel more bad than other things. thats my own understanding
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Suregod: 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
its jst a way of punishing us, instead of hitting. cos dey knw hw painfu it is wen dey refuse 2 eat our food,best tin is jst pamper him n c it works though am nt married o
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by lat4real: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Man MUST help in house chores

He MUST not beat his wife

He MUST show not his anger even at the point of death

He MUST not complain

He MUST always care for his wife

He MUST not nag...

He MUST eat even if he has no appetite to...

Abegi, all these things too much for me ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by plendil: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dudurex: The truth of the matter is, if you truly love your wife, and she loves you in return,the moment you refused to eat she will never be comfortable. In practice, If am not pleased with certain issue at home with my wife, I may not feel the urge to eat, this is not a pride or anything close to it.Although, I dont do this often,its when the issue gets me so pained, the solution to this is that,my wife too will refused to eat and this is how it ends bcs,I will resolve the matter when I feel she realize what she did wrong.At that moment, everything will return to normal as if we had not had any quarrel

Finally a sensible post. I don't think (in most cases anyway) that the refusal is deliberate. If the man is really hurt, he likely lose appetite. It happens to me, so I should know.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by paris10: 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
They refuse to eat because of your bullshhit attitude. We have seen so many instances where men got poisoned and killed by their wives after little argument. Women are dangerous!!! You lot should learn how to apply common sense. If a man refuses to eat at his home, don't you know you have issues?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by plendil: 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
doofanc: Some men, just to show how irritated they are, will not only reject the wife's food, but buy food outside and eat it in her presence. That i believe is the biggest insult.

I know a family where this happened, that d wife took the food and threw it away. The man almost got physical (he didn't, thankfully) but it was so serious that it took intervention of family members to settle them.

Funny, my dad used to do that, and yes it was very annoying to my mum, tantamount to physical abuse. But looking back, I see it as extremely childish. No offense dad. . . embarassed
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by AyeeIdris(f): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
That's my husband M.O. It drives so mad when he refuses to eat after a disagreement. This is someone that loves to eat. Unfortunately for me, i have not reached the mindset where his refusal to eat doesn't bother me cos i worry about him, and i really hate to waste food.i wish we could just fight without the food rejection. Gats to settle with him so he can eat. I may have set a bad precedence by always ending the fight when he enters his hunger mode, but he is like my first born child. His health comes b4 my pride. Always thought it was peculiar to my hubby but i guess its a guy thing.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by plendil: 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ayee Idris: That's my husband M.O. It drives so mad when he refuses to eat after a disagreement. This is someone that loves to eat. Unfortunately for me, i have not reached the mindset where his refusal to eat doesn't bother me cos i worry about him, and i really hate to waste food.i wish we could just fight without the food rejection. Gats to settle with him so he can eat. I may have set a bad precedence by always ending the fight when he enters his hunger mode, but he is like my first born child. His health comes b4 my pride. Always thought it was peculiar to my hubby but i guess its a guy thing.

Wow! this is beautiful. Hubby must be very lucky to have you. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Sike(m): 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nothing on this planet will make me abandom my food for any facking misunderstanding! It's me and my food anyday, anytime.. What Rubbishhhh!!!!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by fapcrook(m): 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
He refused to eat on a saturday morning, drove out, bought food and ate it at home. I offered him lunch again, he refused. Same wt dinner. He ate outside and following day had diarrohea. Never tried that again. He apologised later since he knew I had tried my best. Men are babies. Mtchewwwww

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by wazlee(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
food or no food..... i go de always laugh...

Son: Daddy, I fell in love & want to date this awesome girl
Father: "That's great son. Who is she?
Son: "It's Jennifer, the neighbor's daughter"
father: "Oh I wish you hadn't said that. I have to tell u
something son, but you must promise not to tell your mother. Jennifer is actually your sister."
The boy is naturally bummed out, but a couple of months
later,
Son: "Daddy, I fell in love again n she is even
hotter!"
Father: "That's great son, Who is she?" Son: "It's Angela, the other neighbor's daughter, Father: "Oh
I wish you hadn't said that. Angela is also your sister."
This went on couple of times and the son was so mad, he went straight to his mother crying.
Son: "Mum I am so mad at dad! I fell in love with
six girls but I can't date any of them because dad is their father!"
The mother hugshim affectionately and says:
"My love, you can date whoever you want.
Dont listen to him He isn't your father."
Son Fainted...!!!

Gud nyt

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Wahala90: 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
If not eating her food doesn't send the signal of how hurt you are, then a blow on the lip will do it.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by lat4real: 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
wazlee: food or no food..... i go de always laugh...

Son: Daddy, I fell in love & want to date this awesome girl
Father: "That's great son. Who is she?
Son: "It's Jennifer, the neighbor's daughter"
father: "Oh I wish you hadn't said that. I have to tell u
something son, but you must promise not to tell your mother. Jennifer is actually your sister."
The boy is naturally bummed out, but a couple of months
later,
Son: "Daddy, I fell in love again n she is even
hotter!"
Father: "That's great son, Who is she?" Son: "It's Angela, the other neighbor's daughter, Father: "Oh
I wish you hadn't said that. Angela is also your sister."
This went on couple of times and the son was so mad, he went straight to his mother crying.
Son: "Mum I am so mad at dad! I fell in love with
six girls but I can't date any of them because dad is their father!"
The mother hugshim affectionately and says:
"My love, you can date whoever you want.
Dont listen to him He isn't your father."
Son Fainted...!!!

Gud nyt

You tried.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by paranorman(m): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
Lots of views/comments. From them,behold d conclusion and recommendation:
man don't eat because,
1. He's angry wit her,lost his apetite...
2. He's just starvin himself intentionally to get at her.
Recomendatns,
1. The 'hunger-strike' shouldn't b too long because
a. she mite loose/share him 2 another lady
b. She mite b sowin d seed 4 long-term quarels which might lead to a break-up/divorce.
Sumtin 4 women: evry man has a 'breakpoint'/patience-limit... When a man tells his friend he's 'tired',b'lieve me;he realy is. When he goes on the 'strike',resolve ASAP! Don't push him out,its d worst tin that can happen 2 a marriage. I know a woman suferin as a result of this kinda issues.. Paranorman say so!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by DExplorer1: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ayee Idris: That's my husband M.O. It drives so mad when he refuses to eat after a disagreement. This is someone that loves to eat. Unfortunately for me, i have not reached the mindset where his refusal to eat doesn't bother me cos i worry about him, and i really hate to waste food.i wish we could just fight without the food rejection. Gats to settle with him so he can eat. I may have set a bad precedence by always ending the fight when he enters his hunger mode, but he is like my first born child. His health comes b4 my pride. Always thought it was peculiar to my hubby but i guess its a guy thing.
Young woman, not eating is not a guy thing. It's the way your husby chooses to satisfy his anger and get you to understand the situation.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by drnoel: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
OCTAVO: I see it as a silly attitude when men refuse to eat just because they have a little misunderstaning with their wives. They purnish their stomach because of unnecessary pride.
Some starve themselves even for days. I just laugh whenever this happens. Will I have to beg you to eat again? Lailai!
Men are just too egocentric and always expect to be treated like some lord!
As for me, it‘s when he refuses to eat that i even scatter the house more with nice aroma.
I torment his stomach more but pride won‘t let him request for food.
Men, what is it with this your delibrate starvation?
Even if you eat outside, you still have to come to momma someday.
*Winks*
Ur husband has suffered...
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by honeric01(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
If i don't eat your food, then you should be worried because not only can i cook myself, i also have tens of places to eat out.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Pataki: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
k2039: u sure say u don marry

OUTSTANDING response!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by mayorcowboy: 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
rejecting food u gave her money to prepare is not the best solution if i may ask.instead i prepare for urgent travel in her absence draft message that am traveling now.will only write her immediately i got my destination but will never call,receive or text her again till i come back.but will not cheat on her through out my stay in my trip,she will not have rest till u come back.u too can try my style,it works like magic.lol
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by nenergy(m): 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2012

@Ayee Idris You've spoken like a wife, someone whose bride price was paid in full. My wife my resemble you in character smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by drnoel: 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
larrymoore: Men are fake, next time, they should nt only abandon d food bt also go on sex strike.
Na wah 2 u ooh. A man that refuses his wife's food, do u think he would be interested in her Bottom. Sorry for u and am sure u don't know but men are not low lives like some people here..
Besides what of women that refuse to cook once they have a misunderstanding with their spouse.
Anyway, didn't know women hated it, good I don dey learn..
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by nenergy(m): 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
paranorman: Lots of views/comments. From them,behold d conclusion and recommendation:
man don't eat because,
1. He's angry wit her,lost his apetite...
2. He's just starvin himself intentionally to get at her.
Recomendatns,
1. The 'hunger-strike' shouldn't b too long because
a. she mite loose/share him 2 another lady
b. She mite b sowin d seed 4 long-term quarels which might lead to a break-up/divorce.
Sumtin 4 women: evry man has a 'breakpoint'/patience-limit... When a man tells his friend he's 'tired',b'lieve me;he realy is. When he goes on the 'strike',resolve ASAP! Don't push him out,its d worst tin that can happen 2 a marriage. I know a woman suferin as a result of this kinda issues.. Paranorman say so!

The end of the matter!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by OCTAVO: 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
fapcrook: He refused to eat on a saturday morning, drove out, bought food and ate it at home. I offered him lunch again, he refused. Same wt dinner. He ate outside and following day had diarrohea. Never tried that again. He apologised later since he knew I had tried my best. Men are babies. Mtchewwwww
Yeah, seriously, men are babies.
I can never condone an intimidation of not eating during quarrels.
How many times will one have to go over that on & on again?
Some men will now turn it to a way of life. Arrant crap!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
I hear you @ greatgod grin

He's gonna be the first to break the tension by requesting for what's on tonight and following me everywhere in the house grin.... my man never fight with my food o! grin.... that's why I don't let him cook or teach him how to wink
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2012
OCTAVO:
Yeah, seriously, men are babies.
I can never condone an intimidation of not eating during quarrels.
How many times will one have to go over that on & on again?
Some men will now turn it to a way of life. Arrant crap!

You crack me up loud cheesy cheesy cheesy

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies Please List Valentine Gifts You Will Love To Receive / Guy Falls Off A Building In Marriage Proposal Prank / The Maximum Age Range For Partners In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.