Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? (35467 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / Why Do Ladies Dump Guys Who Refuse To Have Sex With Them ? / I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by greatgod2012(f): 12:21am On Dec 27, 2012
Disagreements are normal in marriages, only that, it should not unnecessarily linger for too long a time. However, im surprised here that some men are claiming that they reject food when there is disagreement because they are trying to avoid food poisoning. Hey.....excuse me, what type of marriage is that, for someone to be thinking that his wife will poison him thru food because of disagreement.........na wa o, some pple are better not called couple, abi, i dont understand o.........or am i missing something, well, may God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Abrantie: 12:34am On Dec 27, 2012
OCTAVO:
Men, what is it with this your delibrate starvation?
Even if you eat outside, you still have to come to momma someday.
*Winks*

I lose appetite for food with the slightest quarrel, and I'm sure it's the same with most guys.

This must be a biological thing because I believe a man's stomach is connected to his emotions, via his heart. Have you ever heard the saying, "The fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach"? Well, there must be some truth to that.

We are not starving ourselves. Rather, our body just wouldn't allow us to eat.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by MOBBDEEP: 12:38am On Dec 27, 2012
plendil:

Wow! this is beautiful. Hubby must be very lucky to have you. wink

You can say that again to this rare amazing woman.

For our interesting OP, leave her to her game of playing the devil's advocate.
She & her likes know the truth.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:50am On Dec 27, 2012
if we cannot hit you, we will not eat your food noni
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by tintingz(m): 12:53am On Dec 27, 2012
ignis: When men are angry, they tend to loose apetite completely.
op this is your answer...

Btw men can get food outside...
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by tintingz(m): 12:55am On Dec 27, 2012
Abrantie:

I lose appetite for food with the slightest quarrel, and I'm sure it's the same with most guys.

This must be a biological thing because I believe a man's stomach is connected to his emotions, via his heart. Have you ever heard the saying, "The fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach"? Well, there must be some truth to that.

We are not starving ourselves. Rather, our body just wouldn't allow us to eat.
correct! grin
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by MOBBDEEP: 12:56am On Dec 27, 2012
Ayee Idris: That's my husband M.O. It drives so mad when he refuses to eat after a disagreement. This is someone that loves to eat. Unfortunately for me, i have not reached the mindset where his refusal to eat doesn't bother me cos i worry about him, and i really hate to waste food.i wish we could just fight without the food rejection. Gats to settle with him so he can eat. I may have set a bad precedence by always ending the fight when he enters his hunger mode, but he is like my first born child. His health comes b4 my pride. Always thought it was peculiar to my hubby but i guess its a guy thing.

Why would you say it is a bad move to initiate reconciliation especially when your husband expresses his displeasure using the commonest instintive habit of men - refusal to eat ?
You didn't lose nothing.
You rather gained/subtlely won. To me, you are the one in control.
Watch him well, when you 'bow', haven't you noticed that he responds with unusual intense affectionate fervour & overtures?
Nothing subdues or soften the ego of a man than the humility and tenderness shown by a woman to let go especially when it comes to issues of misunderstanding or disagreements! That is the real definition of submissiveness as against docility.
You are blessed.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by toygod2: 1:00am On Dec 27, 2012
no mind em
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by MOBBDEEP: 1:13am On Dec 27, 2012
niyitogun: The best thing is actually to settle issues before they escalate if you really take your partners feelings paramount....but if they do escalate and am not at fault, the worst case scenario would be to enter the kitchen and cook for myself (even when guest are around) or to buy fast food if am too tired to cook...

Sir !, but you never marry now!!!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 27, 2012
Hunger strike....lol
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by MOBBDEEP: 1:28am On Dec 27, 2012
drnoel:
Na wah 2 u ooh. A man that refuses his wife's food, do u think he would be interested in her ass. Sorry for u and am sure u don't know but men are not low lives like some people here..
Besides what of women that refuse to cook once they have a misunderstanding with their spouse.
Anyway, didn't know women hated it, good I don dey learn..

You think say the curse God placed on the womanhood in the biblical Adamic creation story was a joke!
A woman's heart or prime desire has always been to be fond of. That's their greatest desire while that of man is success, accomplishment & wealth.
Nothing pains a woman like an act of rejection or the feeling of her not wanted.
Tell me, how else more do you want a woman to interpret rejection when you refuse her meal ?

In fact, one of the ways to know if your wife loves you deeply & unconditionally is her reaction when you shun her meal. No concern, worry or show of emotion most likely means she is just managing you & she is not into you.
Some may just be forming some kind yeye defensive mechanism.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 27, 2012
i never noticed.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by charlesjuve(m): 2:52am On Dec 27, 2012
Unbelivable. U beat a woman wen she offends u.d say men ar barbaric, u refuse 2 eat her food,d say ts low faculty mentality.hmmm. Hw den shud a man express hs anger?
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by lordy(m): 2:53am On Dec 27, 2012
Nairalanders una no dey sleep sef? cheesy

Anyway, to the topic of discussion, it's a case of 'different strokes for different folks'.

In some marriages, the man is not really the head of the family undecided, such a man will do himself more harm than good if he refuses to eat because of disagreement with the wife.

But in a normal, healthy, african marriage, which I suppose is the yardstick here, a man (one that married his wife with his own resources, not the one that was forced on a woman or one that the woman married out of pity) may, once in a while, refuse to eat his wife's food when she has really erred (shi.t for shursh), and not just over petty disagrements.

This is a serious warning sign that should be taken seriously by all good wifeys and intending wifeys...(When it happened in my house, my wifey didn't eat till she managed to make me eat, but then, my wifey is a 'rare gem' kiss)

When a REAL MAN in a normal healthy marriage refuses his wife's food, the real wife (one whose bride price was fully paid and properly wedded) recognises the 'red flag' and knows it's time to 'pause' every other thing and quickly say 'I'm sorry' (even when she's not at fault, she can later iron out the details with him after proper settlementwink ).

If you really want a peaceful and happy home as a wife, you will be sending out wrong signals if you don't take your husband's refusal to eat your food serious (unless of course, you're tired of the marriage and you want out, or you're the real man of the housecry )

That's my humble opinion...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by caesaraba(m): 2:59am On Dec 27, 2012
charlesjuve: Unbelivable. U beat a woman wen she offends u.d say men ar barbaric, u refuse 2 eat her food,d say ts low faculty mentality.hmmm. Hw den shud a man express hs anger?

Get a gun grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 27, 2012
OCTAVO: I see it as a silly attitude when men refuse to eat just because they have a little misunderstaning with their wives. They purnish their stomach because of unnecessary pride.
Some starve themselves even for days. I just laugh whenever this happens. Will I have to beg you to eat again? Lailai!
Men are just too egocentric and always expect to be treated like some lord!
As for me, it‘s when he refuses to eat that i even scatter the house more with nice aroma.
I torment his stomach more but pride won‘t let him request for food.
*Winks*

If you really believe that they're starving themselves, then you're just as as clueless about the opposite sex.

Today's marriages have A LOT of extramarital alternatives; more sexy women out there looking for men.

If not other women, then outside eateries like restaurants and mamaput.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by lordy(m): 3:10am On Dec 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

If you really believe that they're starving themselves, then you're just as as clueless about the opposite sex.

Today's marriages have A LOT of extramarital alternatives; more sexy women out there looking for men.

If not other women, then outside eateries like restaurants and mamaput.

Ileke-Idi, oko re a jere e! Amin!!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Sirdayor(m): 3:30am On Dec 27, 2012
OCTAVO: I see it as a silly attitude when men refuse to eat just because they have a little misunderstaning with their wives. They purnish their stomach because of unnecessary pride.
Some starve themselves even for days. I just laugh whenever this happens. Will I have to beg you to eat again? Lailai!
As for me, it‘s when he refuses to eat that i even scatter the house more with nice aroma.
*Winks*
I am sure you are not yet marry. The man my not be right, but nothing should be too big to do for a right thinking woman also, just to make sure that her house is put in order. Because if things finally fall apart, women are mostly the looser. Therefore, start thinking straight before you send your man outside to those that will take good care of him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by veracool247(f): 4:19am On Dec 27, 2012
cool[quote][/quote][quote author=olaayodele]As for me grin,i dont reject food o.i only keep to myself when am angered .i can do that for months.[/quote shocked]
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by veracool247(f): 4:28am On Dec 27, 2012
Such men that refuse to eat are childish. Eating together can bring about unity. Not eating increases chances of separation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by caesaraba(m): 4:35am On Dec 27, 2012
veracool247: Such men that refuse to eat are childish. Eating together can bring about unity. Not eating increases chances of separation.

Eating (together) when angry? It's easier said than done.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by GraceEzeh(f): 4:57am On Dec 27, 2012
Because they r not hungry.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Princephelar(m): 6:13am On Dec 27, 2012
larrymoore: Men are fake, next time, they should nt only abandon d food bt also go on sex strike.
Many men do that too..... I guess You've not heard or seen some who has the capacity of doing that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nosyke(m): 6:25am On Dec 27, 2012
Reference:

Hmm. Speaking as a man I am not too sure that his personal well-being is entirely the reason behind your concern. You must understand the psychology of this called food at home.

When a man accepts to eat the food prepared by a loved one his mindset is that of absolute trust borne out of love. The kind of trust hitherto in custody of his mother. When he eats there is a part of his thinking that says you are open, exposed and vulnerable. Not to food poisoning or other funny things but vulnerability to control of his heart, his emotions.

That is why once a trust alarm blows as in a hot argument his defences are triggered and he seeks to gain control of his emotions immediately. He perceives you want to gain control and rejects the avenue of this access.

Men don't keep their emotions in fixed deposit. They want to be on top of situations always. We are hard wired that way.
Oga, I Love this, makes a whole lot of sense
Gracias
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by stanbiggi(m): 6:29am On Dec 27, 2012
Men are fake, next time, they should nt only abandon d food bt also go on sex strike.

(Quote)
I don't think your a guy, come to think of it,who told men can not go on sex strike
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by ekiyor3: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2012
*Winks*
fear of been killed by d woman, or what do u tink?
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Gwazah(m): 6:51am On Dec 27, 2012
greatgod2012: Disagreements are normal in marriages, only that, it should not unnecessarily linger for too long a time. However, im surprised here that some men are claiming that they reject food when there is disagreement because they are trying to avoid food poisoning. Hey.....excuse me, what type of marriage is that, for someone to be thinking that his wife will poison him thru food because of disagreement.........na wa o, some pple are better not called couple, abi, i dont understand o.........or am i missing something, well, may God help us all.
yes u are missing something, i personaly witness 4 cases were women poison their husb. Cos of simple misunderstanding, 3cases in BENUE 1 in JOS so from all indication men are afraid of poison.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Caseless: 6:52am On Dec 27, 2012
NeeFEmi: Just their low thinking faculty.
my GOD! did she say this? Hope this is not directed at men.

Men wey confuse women, na dem get low thinking faculty?

Oh....google-buggle!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by ibrobell(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2012
cos ignoring a woman is the best way to discipline a woman

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by ibrobell(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2012
cos ignoring a woman is the best way to discipline a her
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Caseless: 6:58am On Dec 27, 2012
How do u expect me to eat when i'm angry? The hunger wont come , so what wld bring the thought of food?

Ur aroma can fly to the sky, they'l sure go unpercieved.....i dont care.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by OCTAVO: 6:58am On Dec 27, 2012
greatgod2012: Disagreements are normal in marriages, only that, it should not unnecessarily linger for too long a time. However, im surprised here that some men are claiming that they reject food when there is disagreement because they are trying to avoid food poisoning. Hey.....excuse me, what type of marriage is that, for someone to be thinking that his wife will poison him thru food because of disagreement.........na wa o, some pple are better not called couple, abi, i dont understand o.........or am i missing something, well, may God help us all.
GOD bless you my sister! I thought I was the only one thinking of the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ebuka Obi's Lookalike Mistaken For His Brother Weds; Shares Adorable Wedding Pix / Na Dem Dey Rush Us: Girls Rushing Wizkid On Stage / A Nairalander Marries His Girlfriend Of 8 Years In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.