Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:25 AM

Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? (6714 Views)

Beware Of Cellphones / Things You Should Know About Cellphones / Smiley on cellphones. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by seedord247(m): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Even when am nackin aphako.. i play with my cell phone grin
Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by initiate: 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
its another evidence of misplaced priorities where ppl can be together for so long and know so little about each other. but the advantage is that it helps you to spend quality time with pple you cant stand
Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by kishimi8(m): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
the day we cn start getting b-jobs through phones will be the day i would actually believe cell phones are anti social,.,.,., grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by alajor(m): 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yes it does, my friends these days r d worst. Anytime I come to pick up any of them they always come out of their houses wit their phone,pressing away and immediately they enter d car d only thing u'll hear is"guy how far" and they go back to their phones. No more conversations.
Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by Enoquin(f): 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
I guess like any other thing that one is addicted to...it makes you love your company more and less of others...and really does not help introverts
Before cell phones though there were/are books, games etc, they had/have also suceeded in making one anti-social
Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by 5much(m): 7:25am On Dec 28, 2012
causes physical distraction nd doesn't make us anti social.
Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by Smooyis(m): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2012
Anitank has said it all. I think satan is at work here to use the cell phones to keep people away from God. So its not only about keeping away from friends. Its much more than that. Many students are struggling with their studies because they have lost valuable times they could have spent reading and doing other academic stuffs. Who knows how many accidents have been caused as a result of this. We are all affected by this and we really need to discipline ourselves and stay focussed. Nobody will do it for you except YoU.

Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by mrscolite(f): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2012
mrrock: No. Afterall multiple Nairalanders reported communicating a dead man on phone few days ago.

*rme* You've brought ur nonsense here again! Did u kill him? Kmt!
Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by amandadgdfg: 6:14am On Dec 29, 2012

Re: Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? by jpphilips(m): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
adesogbon: Looking it from my own perspective it makes us Anti-social,especially in nigeria don't no about d other countries

except you are new in Nigeria, Nigerians are anti social by default technology is kinda helping them out.
Nigerian ladies go to parties to sit and booze their lives away while the guys troop in to social events in insane numbers just to go home the same way they stup!!dly came.

An average Nigerian lady doesnt know exactly what to answer a man who says hello conversely, the ave. Naija man doesnt know how to create the right ambience to throw the hello.

i just feel so sorry for them, just go through your chat log, there are no conversations, no debates, no arguements just question and answer sessions or petti gossips.

the moment the guy stops asking questions, conversation is over. damn!! Nigerians are socially marooned.

Glo 200mb And More For 200 Naira / Infinix X-band (XBO1) Smart Watch: A Wearable Technology / Two ways to make free calls in Nigeria both day and night legally