Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,015 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:30 AM

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (18112 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by egbenduru: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2012
I love this thread a lot,Anambra has a peculiar political system.We might say that Obi did not do much but we should not forget where we were and what we suffered in the past when some wealthy contractors pocketed Anambra and held the sate in limbo.I believe that we are gradually coming out of this limbo.But Anambra needs an all rounder as a governor,he will no doubt be a politician,technocrat and be foresighted to do this.He should have a realistic and phased plan of leading Anambra out of the wood.Our problem again may be the issue of zoning which I do not feel should be sacrificed on the alter of mediocrity.Let we Anambrarians choose our governor devoid of external influence,godfatherism and scratch my back I scratch yours policy.
For me, I will humbly suggest,Dora Akunyili,Chukwuma soludo .We need to tap the resources available in Onitsha and Nnewi to our great advantage,redesign these cities and attract investors.We need someone who will ignore sycophants and criminals in white brocade and invite honest and experienced sons and daughters of Anambra with sound knowledge of the terrain to tackle insecurity and checkmate the activities of miscreants.The next governormust craete jobs to reduce youth deviannts and restore the glory and pride of Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2012
Clerverly:

Oga Rhino.5dm, please do not debase Tinubu who is a political intelligent "machine" by comparing him with that coward cum opportunist called Orji Kalu. This was a man i placed so much hope to be the liberator of the long-suffering, marginalized and relegated Igbo nation. The man whom i thought was strong willed to have had the courage and nerve to call Tony Anene to answers to some allegations of misappropriating 350b meant for construction of roads especially the ones at the Easter Region. This was a man who build a house ( sorry party) and later abandoned it to become a tenant in another man's house but was later rejected. But alas, Orji disappointed we the Igbos in all these fronts. Call Tinubu names or anything, though i know sometimes is out of jealousy from my Igbo brothers, he is a political war machine, he is consistent, he is a progressive, he is intelligent, he is vexed in propaganda....yes thats how to be relevant in Nigerian political context. He is gifted and witty! When are we going to find our "dirty" Tinubu. Yes, Afam4eva Nwannem, that is the kind of leader, we the Igbo are seriously and earnestly yearning for at this important point of our history! Leave the PDP apologists and their cohorts because they are afraid of Igbo having somebody like Tinubu since we had lost Our own Chuba Okadigbo(oyi of oyi of the blessed memory).
The major problem we have in Igboland is that we pander so much to any Government in power whether this is out of sheer lack of political sophistication, cowardice or inability to
speak fairly with one voice or combination of the above, the political scientist are yet to unravel this. The log goes;
Shagari--------------Igbos voted massively
IBB------------------Cheiftancy Titles here and there!
1993 Elections------- Igbos supported IBB candidates.
Abacha----------------Strongest base was East.
Obasanjo--------------- Igbos supported him against our own Ekwueme
Yardua- ---------------won all the states in East
GEJ- -------------------Largest support base is in the East

I always laugh away people's ignorance when they claim, Igbo support Jonathan out of tribal or ethnic lines because had Yardua been alive today, he would have enjoyed the same massive support as Jonathan from the Igbo. We are too timid and crude when it comes to playing Nigerian politics, always not wanting to upset the apple cart. Until we do that for once, other regions will never respect and give us our deals when it comes to sharing the spoils.
Back to the thread.....Afam for me Ngige remains the Best Candidate for now.
Pls you can reply or quote me but no insults abeg.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by impetus: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2012
Sun of god: Soludo - Very Arrogant; Failed last time after being heavily backed finacially.

Ngige - No way under the ACN banner.(He stands more chance under PPA)

Dora - Anambra wouldn't elect a female governor

Andy Uba - Dark Horse; Depends if he at peace with his brothers who are also 'Dark Characters'.

Ifeanyi Ubah - Shot down before the start; No subsidy money to splash around.

To add to the above statement;
Dora has no political structure in Anambra.
Soludo wud have been the man but Anambra cant and wont vote 4 pdp
The evil of the Ubas wud vote out Andy Uba.
Ifeanyi Uba dont have strong structure he just came to the lime light.
Ngige has the highest chance but Anambra (all Igbos) wont like to vote for ACN since is a Yoruba party.

Its really diffcult to conclude now. Ngige should change party.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2012
Clerverly:

Oga Rhino.5dm, please do not debase Tinubu who is a political intelligent "machine" by comparing him with that coward cum opportunist called Orji Kalu. This was a man i placed so much hope to be the liberator of the long-suffering, marginalized and relegated Igbo nation. The man whom i thought was strong willed to have had the courage and nerve to call Tony Anene to answers to some allegations of misappropriating 350b meant for construction of roads especially the ones at the Easter Region. This was a man who build a house ( sorry party) and later abandoned it to become a tenant in another man's house but was later rejected. But alas, Orji disappointed we the Igbos in all these fronts. Call Tinubu names or anything, though i know sometimes is out of jealousy from my Igbo brothers, he is a political war machine, he is consistent, he is a progressive, he is intelligent, he is vexed in propaganda....yes thats how to be relevant in Nigerian political context. He is gifted and witty! When are we going to find our "dirty" Tinubu. Yes, Afam4eva Nwannem, that is the kind of leader, we the Igbo are seriously and earnestly yearning for at this important point of our history! Leave the PDP apologists and their cohorts because they are afraid of Igbo having somebody like Tinubu since we had lost Our own Chuba Okadigbo(oyi of oyi of the blessed memory).
The major problem we have in Igboland is that we pander so much to any Government in power whether this is out of sheer lack of political sophistication, cowardice or inability to
speak fairly with one voice or combination of the above, the political scientist are yet to unravel this. The log goes;
Shagari--------------Igbos voted massively
IBB------------------Cheiftancy Titles here and there!
1993 Elections------- Igbos supported IBB candidates.
Abacha----------------Strongest base was East.
Obasanjo--------------- Igbos supported him against our own Ekwueme
Yardua- ---------------won all the states in East
GEJ- -------------------Largest support base is in the East

I always laugh away people's ignorance when they claim, Igbo support Jonathan out of tribal or ethnic lines because had Yardua been alive today, he would have enjoyed the same massive support as Jonathan from the Igbo. We are too timid and crude when it comes to playing Nigerian politics, always not wanting to upset the apple cart. Until we do that for once, other regions will never respect and give us our deals when it comes to sharing the spoils.
Back to the thread.....Afam for me Ngige remains the Best Candidate for now.
Pls you can reply or quote me but no insults abeg.

you have guts 2 have said all ds o. U are spot on bt if u say ds in a political rally, dat wl mark d end of ur career.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ROCKJ1(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2012
Ngige is tested and trusted. The roads we ply today in my village was built by Ngige. God will bless you Ngige. We will vote massively for you no matter the party you belong to.the few years he was in power we are still enjoying the divideds.
Only a person from Anambra state will tell you the truth and not internet threads.
Ngige is our final bus stop.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by pazienza(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva: I'm really tipping Soludo for the position but considering that he's in PDP, it's really gonna be difficult except he goes to APGA and i doubt he will get the ticket there considering the fact that it seem as though Dora Akunyili is a governor in waiting. Though Dora won't be a bad choice too. She has forresight too and is very hardworking.

Who's from Anny Okonkwo's senatorial to zone. What did he do as a senator?

let's keep the nominations coming...
Annie is an idemili man,anambra central senatorial zone. He didnt do any thing of note.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by pazienza(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2012
Ngige and Soludo are the men for me. But,they both need to change their present parties ASAP.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by GoodNigerian: 11:54am On Dec 27, 2012
gbosaa:

I like Ngige but i think he is a questionable character.The events that brought him to power and the drama he found himself in compelled him to endear himself to the hearts of Anambra people.He had one chance to do it and i think he utilised it but i doubt if he wld,ve done same if not not for the Okija scandal and the Kidnap saga.Those two events could have soiled and crushed his political career, but he did the wise and brave thing by not bowing to Evil Chris Uba.I think he wld,ve been a different gov.if not for those events.
It,ll be interesting to see what Soludo will offer,he seems like someone with a good vision,whether he posseses the tenacity and discipline of someone like Fashola is a different thing.
Please, check Ngige's antecedents even before he entered politics. He is 'under-utilised' as a Senator. I ask, who among us can look his/her boss straight in the face and tell him/her 'Boss, your ways are wrong and corrupt'?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by bruda216(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2012
I laugh at all of u,soludo has vision- what did sanusi discover when he left cbn about our banks,dora akunyili -couldnt win ngige in d senetorial elections,I don't think any of u here live in anambra,come n ask questions in anambra n see d answer u will get am not 4rm anambra but I live dia its ngige everywhere
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by naijaobi(m): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
bruda 216: I laugh at all of u,soludo has vision- what did sanusi discover when he left cbn about our banks,dora akunyili -couldnt win ngige in d senetorial elections,I don't think any of u here live in anambra,come n ask questions in anambra n see d answer u will get am not 4rm anambra but I live dia its ngige everywhere
you have said it all bruda... Those living outside anambra will not understand

naijaobi: The simple truth is that Dr.Chris Ngige has won the hearts of almost everyone living in anambra.. If anyone is doubting it, make research..
If the election will be free and fair, Ngige will beat the other contestants hands down...

THOSE LIVING IN ANAMBRA WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER.
bruda 216: I laugh at all of u,soludo has vision- what did sanusi discover when he left cbn about our banks,dora akunyili -couldnt win ngige in d senetorial elections,I don't think any of u here live in anambra,come n ask questions in anambra n see d answer u will get am not 4rm anambra but I live dia its ngige everywhere
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afolabs101: 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
I'd go with Chris Ngige as he may turn out to be another oshiomole. Ngige and GEJ had the same opportunity, i.e. a huge amount of public support behind them. For GEJ it was perceived victimization from the Yar'adua cabal and for Ngige it was the OBJ/uba saga.

Ngige played off that public support and we heard that he did a huge amount of roads which is why he seems to be loved by the people.

Whoever it is better be ready to take on the shenanigans of the PDP, who will most likely rehash the same ol gang, Nnamdi Uba and Charles Soludo. So forget Dora, who couldn't even win a senatorial seat when her party was the incumbent at the state level.

But if the state is to go for another businessman after Obi, how about Cosmas Maduka?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by naijaobi(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Afolabs101: I'd go with Chris Ngige as he may turn out to be another oshiomole. Ngige and GEJ had the same opportunity, i.e. a huge amount of public support behind them. For GEJ it was perceived victimization from the Yar'adua cabal and for Ngige it was the OBJ/uba saga.

Ngige played off that public support and we heard that he did a huge amount of roads which is why he seems to be loved by the people.

Whoever it is better be ready to take on the shenanigans of the PDP, who will most likely rehash the same ol gang, Nnamdi Uba and Charles Soludo. So forget Dora, who couldn't even win a senatorial seat when her party was the incumbent at the state level.

But if the state is to go for another businessman after Obi, how about Cosmas Maduka?
Cosmas Maduka(Coscharis) is not into ploitics.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by piica(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=Mr. Globe]did I just see Akunyili.

Akunyili is a failure! She only succedd wt Nafdac cos of her inherient aggression wt drug faker, where is her "rebranding" today? you cant change the cover when d content stinksg. She got it sooo wrong wt rebrandin. Obaze! The ssg is groomed to succed obi! The likes of d speaker would av bn a gud choice bt she is a monumental failure
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Costa2000(m): 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
CHUKWUMA SOLUDO OR DORA AKUNYILI.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by piica(m): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
The contest should be b/w Obaze and Ngige. Soludo has God fathers and we ndi Anambra has vowd its ova for them,OBAZE is relatively quiet and stable, Obi can can entrust his policies to him btw he is from the northern zone, and stand the chance of a dark horse jst watch out for OBAZEE, presently the SSG
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by warrior01: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
Clerverly:
Hey, Mr. PDP, i said no insults lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
then, stop being stup!d
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
harrisconsult1: I think I would prefer Senator Ben Ndi Obi special adviser 2 the president on inter parties affairs! He's credible and have a foresight
Senator Obi seems to be more interested in being a vice president.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
0lumide: I remember Onlytruth telling me he was happy with the governors PDP gave SE and mentioned Ngige as a performer.

But here he is changing mouth!! Really they say time will tell!

Ngige did good according to you Igbos on here but won't support him because of his party affiliation?

Note one thing that Tinubu doesn't control Ngige and can never control him. Same way Tinubu doesn't control Oshiomole.

Tinubu remains my ICON! Be him a thief, crook or animal. For what he has helped Yoruba land reach, I'm proud of him as a Yoruba guy!!

If SE want a chance at Presidency in 2023, they need to groom a performing governor NOW! Groom a governor who's connected with his people.

Chris Ngige is not anyone's boi boi or protege! Chris Ngige is his own man!

No godfather, nothing!! That is what you Igbos need!!
Chris Ngige said it himself that he's is own man and not a surbodinate to Tinubu. He tells anyone who cares to listen that he was one of the founders of ACN. If Anambrarians like him, then his party affiliation won't make any difference. Afterall the same people voted for him under ACN for the senatorial seat.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Hardfact: 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
. . . I think Ngige
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Arysexy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ngige is ok, but with Yoruba loud mouth trying to encroach in our land with ACN and tease us later, its a NO NO NO! for me! Unless Ngige is ready to do to Tinubu wot Awolowo did to zik. Its either Ngige decamp to Apga or PPA and have a landslide victory or Soludo will be voted under PDP, Senator Ben Obi is also an option, no need to condemn PDP after all sullivan and akpabio are PDP govnors and have performed more than any opposition party.

Ngige under the right party, Senator Ben Obi or Soludo Chikena!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
I understand this thread is for suggestion of qualified candidates for the post and not to forecast who will or will not win. The idea is to name someone and sell his qualities to us on NL. That said I've heard people mention Ngige here as having done so well in his three years, to be head and shoulders above every other person (even the present governor who by the way cannot contest). I need facts, Please let those who know kindly post without insulting anybody, the Physical achievements of Dr. Ngige and Mr. Obi. I'm talking of achievements we can see.

If we are interested in the welfare of Anambra, then we have a common objective, let's be partners and not foes.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
....when two people vie for a post,thats meant for one,only one person will emerge as the winner.Ngige won Akunyili by very little margin in the senatorial zone where he threw almost all his effort during his time.For Akunyili to garner a huge vote through the help of APGA that put her almost at par with Ngige has alot to speak about APGA's influence in anambra state.the political structure in anambra state now will never make it easy for Ngige to win. The name in the lips of majority of anambra people is not Ngige,however,alot of people support Ngige.the majority of people in anambra north will not support Ngige but will support anything APGA.alot of people in Anambra south will not support Ngige.Ngige will not win.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by KENESAGA(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=naijaobi]
bro ngige is only strong in idemili and onitsha, cos that's where he tried. go outside these areas and u'll see. i also stay in anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by KENESAGA(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
@afolabs101 bro ngige won dora with a very little margin, why? cos most work ngige did were in his senatoria zone and that is where his support is strong, if it was guber, doro would've won so far she is under apga, cos apga(obi) reached all parts.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by KENESAGA(m): 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

I was an Obi praise singer until I drove into Anambra State and almost lost my shock absorbers on Anambra roads..

Governor Obi is a federal class person..

For change, I will throw my weight behind a Prof. Charles Soludo Government..
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Zet72(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
PDP remains a party to beat as far as anambra is concern as long as they present a qualified candidate like Soludo. Ngige may stand a chance,but under acn I doubt it .
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Zet72(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ijele(m): 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Without mincing words,my complete support goes †☺ Senator Dr.Andy Uba. IMO, Senator Uba Ȋ̝̊̅§ †☺ •̸Ϟε̲̣ like R. Okoroocha of Imo state. My analysis; Ngige: less than 50% chance of winning the Gubernatorial election cos he's from Anambra central Senatoral zone-same with Peter Obi (who has governed for 8yrs,will other other zones siddon d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ look? as regards 2 politics in Nigeria particulary Anambra state)
Senator Dr Andy Uba Ȋ̝̊̅§ better positioned †☺ take de mantle but his brother(Chris Uba)'s deeds seems 2 be a high hurdle 2 jump. But on a level ground he got de potentials more than other aspirants......
(...Waiting 4 attacks...)
Will be back 2 tell more
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onuokwu: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Senator Chris Ngige is the man. He is articulate and has a capacity to execute programs. The only challanges i see are that he runs a one man show and will be 67 by 2014. All the others don't stand a chance against him all things being equal. Soludo is full of theory with little connection with what is on ground. He can be easily hijacked by Godfathers just as the Bank CEOs hijacked and made him ineffectual despite the rot in the banking systems and all his eloquent essays on economic development. During last election he propounded another one, Anambra Dubai Taiwan! What is that? Obaze who? He is being propped by Obi and that will be his biggest undoing. One thing i noticed from past elections, where there are three strong candidates/parties, is that ACN normally loses the election. Where it is ACN vs one other strong party, ACN will win. It happens in all elections. If Ngige wants to win, he needs alliance with APGA or PDP, the two other equally strong parties in Anambra. Otherwise, if no alliance, ACN will lose and either APGA or PDP will win by a slight margin. But i still think Ngige is most competenet amongst all mentioned so far! Case closed!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onuokwu: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijele: Without mincing words,my complete support goes †☺ Senator Dr.Andy Uba. IMO, Senator Uba Ȋ̝̊̅§ †☺ •̸Ϟε̲̣ like R. Okoroocha of Imo state. My analysis; Ngige: less than 50% chance of winning the Gubernatorial election cos he's from Anambra central Senatoral zone-same with Peter Obi (who has governed for 8yrs,will other other zones siddon d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ look? as regards 2 politics in Nigeria particulary Anambra state)
Senator Dr Andy Uba Ȋ̝̊̅§ better positioned †☺ take de mantle but his brother(Chris Uba)'s deeds seems 2 be a high hurdle 2 jump. But on a level ground he got de potentials more than other aspirants......
(...Waiting 4 attacks...)
Will be back 2 tell more

This zoning thing will not work out as planned by APGA. To start with, as I queue to vote, the last consideration on my mind will be which senatorial zone each candidate comes from. a major play factor will be recognizability of candidates. In any case, it is almost clear now how the three top parties will field candidates

ACN - C. Ngige (Anambra Central)
APGA - Unknown (Anambra North)
PDP - A. Ubah (Anambra South)

Relying on senatorial zone alone will be a tough call. It is unlikely, C. Ngige will ever defeat A. Ubah in Anambra South just like it is improbable, Ubah will be much of a competition for Ngige in Central. The strategy is to build strong alliance to capture as much as possible in the North as no strong candidate can come from there. Candidates from the North are relying on Gov. P. Obi's support but he does not have the political capital to help any candidate win election in any of the senatorial zones. Actually if Obi capitalizes on the feud between the Ubah brothers and Nzeribe, he can capture a few local Govts in the South.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Onuokwu: Senator Chris Ngige is the man. He is articulate and has a capacity to execute programs. The only challanges i see are that he runs a one man show and will be 67 by 2014. All the others don't stand a chance against him all things being equal. Soludo is full of theory with little connection with what is on ground. He can be easily hijacked by Godfathers just as the Bank CEOs hijacked and made him ineffectual despite the rot in the banking systems and all his eloquent essays on economic development. During last election he propounded another one, Anambra Dubai Taiwan! What is that? Obaze who? He is being propped by Obi and that will be his biggest undoing. One thing i noticed from past elections, where there are three strong candidates/parties, is that ACN normally loses the election. Where it is ACN vs one other strong party, ACN will win. It happens in all elections. If Ngige wants to win, he needs alliance with APGA or PDP, the two other equally strong parties in Anambra. Otherwise, if no alliance, ACN will lose and either APGA or PDP will win by a slight margin. But i still think Ngige is most competenet amongst all mentioned so far! Case closed!
..surely,if individual/personality is the only factor in anambra 2014,nobody can beat Ngige.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why APC Cannot Impeach Ekweremadu - BLOTRS / PDP Expels Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu / Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.