Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,967 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:33 AM

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (18111 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by FrankC3: 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Soludo is still the solution. He is the man with the big picture perspective. Anambra is too important to be left out of the mainstream Nigerian politics, as long as the present structure stands. We need a Michael Okpara personality in Awka, we also need someone with strong potential and the solid network of support of Igbo leaders there. Unless Ndigbo want to play the opposition game in the present day Nigeria, PDP with the right candidate should be the party and Soludo should be the man. Unless we want to go back in the cold we just emerged from and resume the marginalization complaint.
One of Ojukwu's last wishes was political reintegration of the SE into the mainstream Nigeria politics.
Playing the opposition in present day Nigeria is just foolish. Look at the North. Learn from them.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frank-C:
Soludo is still the solution. He is the man with the big picture perspective. Anambra is too important to be left out of the mainstream Nigerian politics, as long as the present structure stands. We need a Michael Okpara personality in Awka, we also need someone with strong potential and the solid network of support of Igbo leaders there. Unless Ndigbo want to play the opposition game in the present day Nigeria, PDP with the right candidate should be the party and Soludo should be the man. Unless we want to go back in the cold we just emerged from and resume the marginalization complaint.
One of Ojukwu's last wishes was political reintegration of the SE into the mainstream Nigeria politics.
Playing the opposition in present day Nigeria is just foolish. Look at the North. Learn from them.
I also agree that we need Soludo because he has big plans for Anambra. Even though someone like Ngige may do well as alluded to some people here, i think he's just a politician and the best he would do will be road construction, build some schools etc. But Soludo is looking at the global picture. he wants to compete with big cities in the world.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
Chinua Ashebe nko?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sunofgod(m): 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Soludo is a dreamer . . . . Look what happened in the banking sector when he was in charge.

He's full of theories (sh.iit) - that dont work out in practice.

If he were to become Governor he would 're-package Anambra' into some form of financial instrument involving complex bonds and put the whole state on the stock market for the world to own a piece off.

Anambrarians would be none the wiser as he blows 'economic grammar'.

What political experience does he have? Is he not just a glorified lecturer?

Soludo is not the solution. . . . .Governorship is beyond his capabilities.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ijele(m): 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Onuokwu:

This zoning thing will not work out as planned by APGA. To start with, as I queue to vote, the last consideration on my mind will be which senatorial zone each candidate comes from. a major play factor will be recognizability of candidates. In any case, it is almost clear now how the three top parties will field candidates

ACN - C. Ngige (Anambra Central)
APGA - Unknown (Anambra North)
PDP - A. Ubah (Anambra South)

Relying on senatorial zone alone will be a tough call. It is unlikely, C. Ngige will ever defeat A. Ubah in Anambra South just like it is improbable, Ubah will be much of a competition for Ngige in Central. The strategy is to build strong alliance to capture as much as possible in the North as no strong candidate can come from there. Candidates from the North are relying on Gov. P. Obi's support but he does not have the political capital to help any candidate win election in any of the senatorial zones. Actually if Obi capitalizes on the feud between the Ubah brothers and Nzeribe, he can capture a few local Govts in the South.
I agree with you in some of ur points,but remember typical Anambra Politics especially Old Aguta politricks.. A̶̲̥̅̊м̣̣̥̇ from Idemili North same Zone with Ngige,last month nov,There was a Political forum which was held at Ojoto on the next gubernatorial election in which a prominent Alor man was a Chief speaker,This issue of Zoning was raised and also our son's chance of winning was weighed, in conclusion it was conceded that Anambra Central has had their chance and it's unlikely we will hold unto power 4 another 4yrs! Gov Obi and C. Nzeribe are currently having issues and trading war words- (Chuma. believed that Gov Obi did not push enough during senate election which he (chuma) lost twice
Presently Ukachukwu(Ikuku-oma) and Andy are on negotiation as regards 2 de past senate election and Andy's Gov ambition.There's possibilty that de duo will form alliance †☺gether with FORTE DIKE of Ihiala †☺ consolidate on Anambra south senatorial Zone. Andy Uba's Former SSG Ȋ̝̊̅§ from Idemili north ( another good political move) I doubt if Northern zone has a credible person 2 match this top shots. Well events will unfold as time goes on
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Biafrarep(m): 9:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
I love Anambra state not just because its an Igbo state but due to their enterprising nature and never say die attitude. The people of Anambra state are the single biggest investor after the indigenous people of any state, though this pan Nigerian attitude would have been good if only non Igbo Nigerians do appreciate this investments without rancour, bitterness and envy. This brings to question, the wisdom or is it foolhardiness on why Anambrarians would continue to risk their lives and huge investments in the north. Although after I did a personal research, I found out that Anambra just like Abia, had been suffering from poor and vision-less leadership at the state level. Fact is that Anambra has all it takes to compete with Lagos in terms of advancement, considering its human resources. Now take Onitsha for example, a visionary governor would have giving upper Iweka, a major face lift and expand the road to at least a four lane, develop the roundabout aesthetically and restrict okada riders. Nnewi is equally not getting the attention it deserves and Awka is still more or less like a LGA HQS. WHAT ANAMBRA NEEDS IS A GOVERNOR THAT WOULD HARNESS ITS POTENTIAL AND TRANSFORM IT INTO THE COMMERCE AND BUSINESS CAPITAL OF AFRICA. THAT PERSON IS PROF CHARLES SOLUDO!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Engineer96(m): 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
It is the turn of Anambra north.
I think Chief Pat Nwachi Obianwu is the candidate to beat.
He is a lagos based chattered surveyor. Myselfand other closer watchers that know him are happy to know that he is on the race.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Its not the turn of anybody. There is no zoning in Anambra. matter of fact, its the turn of soludo..
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nightshift(m): 11:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hopefully someone like Mr. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe or Mr. Sullivan Iheanacho Chime will become the next governor of my sister state. We need people who can render selfless and people oriented services in Igbo states.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by cupid4ig(m): 12:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Don Ewexco: At last the truth must be reveal, the next Governor of Anambra is Hon. Don Ewezuga Aniekwe under the platform of APGA. He will lead Anambrians to the promise LAND. Long live Anambra state(the light of Nigeria)!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by cupid4ig(m): 12:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Soludo the solution
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:07am On Dec 28, 2012
Nightshift: Hopefully someone like Mr. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe or Mr. Sullivan Iheanacho Chime will become the next governor of my sister state. We need people who can render selfless and people oriented services in Igbo states.

We don't need any Chime in Anambra. He is too slow for the dynamics of the Anambra politics. Let's see who APGA nominates first. As for Soludo and other big names they will be shocked if they remain with their respective parties. APGA has a very strong grassroot followership in Anambra.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:25am On Dec 28, 2012
Biafra rep: I love Anambra state not just because its an Igbo state but due to their enterprising nature and never say die attitude. The people of Anambra state are the single biggest investor after the indigenous people of any state, though this pan Nigerian attitude would have been good if only non Igbo Nigerians do appreciate this investments without rancour, bitterness and envy. This brings to question, the wisdom or is it foolhardiness on why Anambrarians would continue to risk their lives and huge investments in the north. Although after I did a personal research, I found out that Anambra just like Abia, had been suffering from poor and vision-less leadership at the state level. Fact is that Anambra has all it takes to compete with Lagos in terms of advancement, considering its human resources. Now take Onitsha for example, a visionary governor would have giving upper Iweka, a major face lift and expand the road to at least a four lane, develop the roundabout aesthetically and restrict okada riders. Nnewi is equally not getting the attention it deserves and Awka is still more or less like a LGA HQS. WHAT ANAMBRA NEEDS IS A GOVERNOR THAT WOULD HARNESS ITS POTENTIAL AND TRANSFORM IT INTO THE COMMERCE AND BUSINESS CAPITAL OF AFRICA. THAT PERSON IS PROF CHARLES SOLUDO!

Nwanne,you could be right in some of the things you wrote about but Anambra is not lacking on a vissionary leader. Anambra was like an abandoned and a failed project when Obi came in. This man started building the state from scratch. There was nothing like goverment secretariat. It hurts me so bad that ppl expect Anambra to become like Lagos overnight. My God,governance all about planning and due process. Obi isn't into building a white elephant project. He made it very clear that the first thing his goverment will confront is BASIC amenities like drinking water,rehabilitating and building new hospital,revamping our school system,connect all the communities in Anambra by roads,accountability and many more. And let's me honest;The man has performed. Nuf said.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by kolexy(m): 1:37am On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva: I'm really tipping Soludo for the position but considering that he's in PDP, it's really gonna be difficult except he goes to APGA and i doubt he will get the ticket there considering the fact that it seem as though Dora Akunyili is a governor in waiting. Though Dora won't be a bad choice too. She has forresight too and is very hardworking.

Who's from Anny Okonkwo's senatorial to zone. What did he do as a senator?

let's keep the nominations coming...

The only thing I know about him is the fact that he stole money that was appropriated for erosion control
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Anambra is much, to him whom much is given much is expected. We want the best, people who can do the magic we have been waiting for. Anambra is not some state you can satisfy by building some roads and hospital, we need much more, and we want them overnight too, and we have people whose antecedents show they can deliver our expectation.

There is nobody's turn, it the turn of the best, anybody talking about zoning should shut the Bleep-up. Except for Ngige and his ACN gimmicks, it is an open game shopping for the best in the land.
For me it's either Soludo or Dora Akunyili. The rest are charlatans except for Ngige who is just plain unfortunate!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by igboboy1(m): 2:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Sai Chris Ngige 2014 cool

tufia...e choro ka Alu me?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by igboboy1(m): 2:45am On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu: Chinua Ashebe nko?

ashebe is not from anambra he is from ijebu ode

chinua achebe is from Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Mkpotu(m): 3:59am On Dec 28, 2012
To me Prof Ilochi Okafor (SAN) is the rightful camdidate & I know he will deliver. He has the discipline & other qualities.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by xcuggsm(m): 4:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Sorry ACN is not allowed to rule Anambra State. You can replace Fashola with Ngige in 2015. When Ngige is serious to rule Anambra again he will do the Needful
:
For Ngige to win Anambra governorship election running under ACN is akin to expecting Prophet T. B. Joshua to be d next Pope in the Vatican !!
He is a performer and has earned his stripes but to win Anambra he has to chose another platform! Definitely not ACN

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:15am On Dec 28, 2012
Mkpotu: To me Prof Ilochi Okafor (SAN) is the rightful camdidate & I know he will deliver. He has the discipline & other qualities.

Do you think you are managing a University??
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 28, 2012
xcuggs_m: :
For Ngige to win Anambra governorship election running under ACN is akin to expecting Prophet T. B. Joshua to be d next Pope in the Vatican !!
He is a performer and has earned his stripes but to win Anambra he has to chose another platform! Definitely not ACN

Se reasoning!!!

This is the mentality of the above poster: The sure cure for his sickness is tampon but he/she won't take it because the only chemist selling it.

Good good! Isn't this similar to the mentality that brought GEJ's corruption and looters to power?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by igboboy1(m): 5:55am On Dec 28, 2012
0lumide:

Se reasoning!!!

This is the mentality of the above poster: The sure cure for his sickness is tampon but he/she won't take it because the only chemist selling it.

Good good! Isn't this similar to the mentality that brought GEJ's corruption and looters to power?

you can say see reasoning all you want but it is a fact my brother....

AGPA cannot expect to win in the SW neither can ACN expect to win in OJukwu's home state...Ndigbo ka kpo nkea ALU as in ezigbo ALU/HARAM

Maybe in Ebonyi, but in Anambra where Ikemba is from, where Uwazurike is very active, mbanu o ga'eme...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by dayokanu(m): 6:27am On Dec 28, 2012
^^ Didnt Labour Party win in the SW?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 6:54am On Dec 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Nwanne,you could be right in some of the things you wrote about but Anambra is not lacking on a vissionary leader. Anambra was like an abandoned and a failed project when Obi came in. This man started building the state from scratch. There was nothing like goverment secretariat. It hurts me so bad that ppl expect Anambra to become like Lagos overnight. My God,governance all about planning and due process. Obi isn't into building a white elephant project. He made it very clear that the first thing his goverment will confront is BASIC amenities like drinking water,rehabilitating and building new hospital,revamping our school system,connect all the communities in Anambra by roads,accountability and many more. And let's me honest;The man has performed. Nuf said.

Nwanne, na your papa born you. I like people being realistic in their judgement and criticism and not basing things on sentiments. Style of governance may differ but development should be the target and indeed the yardstick. I was in and moved around the state in the months of October and November and could not but feel the guy has performed comparatively. With the exception of Anambra North where i did not visit, every other sector will boast of good roads now in the state connecting it to the rest. I challenge anyone to mention the community that is still cut off. I passed through Ihialla, Nnewi, Anaocha, Orumba, Aguata,Awka,(Idemmili i passed through, but ngige already did theirs). In onitsha, all major roads i passed were surprisingly motorable, from awka road to main market,the DMGS through CKC to upper Iweka road(usually terrible), there are still a lot of roads to be done for sure. What about the Industrial Village, that's a very interesting area to visit. I did not visit Anambra north, but even on NL, I've come to realise that Obi has strong support from this zone, he must have done well there too, in a hitherto abandoned area. I base this on roads alone for now because It is verifiable. I think the governor in this aspect has performed better than his predecessors. That's my opinion for now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by WebsiteDesigner: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

APGA is currently leading. What have they done? not even a local govt election in 7 years. Ngige under PDP did more in less than 2 years than APGA is currently doing in 7 years. It's not about party in Nigeria, its about personality.

The problem is that Nigerians are highly gullible. The educated ones are still illiterates that's why propaganda sells well in Nigeria. Am not PDP, I don't care about PDP but tell me a better alternative. Remember Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Rivers are all PDP states all better than the opposition

Your arguements are so incongrous to what is obtainable on ground. Ever been to the South-east?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 8:14am On Dec 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

We don't need any Chime in Anambra. He is too slow for the dynamics of the Anambra politics. Let's see who APGA nominates first. As for Soludo and other big names they will be shocked if they remain with their respective parties. APGA has a very strong grassroot followership in Anambra.
...thats the truth.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

I think i agree with you as it concerns Chime. He's a good administrator but that's not enough to govern a state like Anambra. Governing Enugu is not as challenging as governing Anambra state.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 8:26am On Dec 28, 2012
Syncan:

Nwanne, na your papa born you. I like people being realistic in their judgement and criticism and not basing things on sentiments. Style of governance may differ but development should be the target and indeed the yardstick. I was in and moved around the state in the months of October and November and could not but feel the guy has performed comparatively. With the exception of Anambra North where i did not visit, every other sector will boast of good roads now in the state connecting it to the rest. I challenge anyone to mention the community that is still cut off. I passed through Ihialla, Nnewi, Anaocha, Orumba, Aguata,Awka,(Idemmili i passed through, but ngige already did theirs). In onitsha, all major roads i passed were surprisingly motorable, from awka road to main market,the DMGS through CKC to upper Iweka road(usually terrible), there are still a lot of roads to be done for sure. What about the Industrial Village, that's a very interesting area to visit. I did not visit Anambra north, but even on NL, I've come to realise that Obi has strong support from this zone, he must have done well there too, in a hitherto abandoned area. I base this on roads alone for now because It is verifiable. I think the governor in this aspect has performed better than his predecessors. That's my opinion for now.
Nwannaa,if u have gone to anambra north,bearing in mind how it was,you will surely be happier with Gov.Obi than you are. its only anambrarians that have lived all their lives in lagos and other cities in nigeria that will surely not believe that Gov.Peter Obi has done something.They thought that govt is like dreaming.If most of those people have gone to some states in north or outside lagos,Ph,Kano,Abuja and see what is there and compare it to what Gov.Peter Obi has done in anambra state,they will kneel down and thank God for Peter Obi.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Slapme(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2012
[quote author=Mr. Globe] who told you that APGA is unpopular in anambra state. I think you smoke some weed if you reside in anambra you won't have spill this trash.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Rhino5dm: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2012
I left the thread to allow genuine contributions from peeps with more realistic views, but had to come back after reading this post of yours.

What do you mean by Ojukwu's home state?

A quick reminder to your humble self is the fact that Ojukwu himself contested and lost twice in his home state. First he contested and lost in the 80's and contested and lost to Obj( a Yoruba man) in presidential elections. I'll have to agree with some of your position on party alliance and chances of winning election in Nigeria but to allude it to the prowess of Ojukwu is what I find laughable cos, most true sons of south east are not the average ones on nairaland. Most contributors here are doing so from a safe location across the Atlantic and have lost touch with the reality on ground.

The fact is that, C. Ngige still remains the candidate to beat in any election in Anambra State and only a political first grader like you would think otherwise. We all saw how he thrashed Dora and her loud mouthed supporters twice.

Do you know what it takes to wrestled senatorial seat against the power of incumbency oiled by PDP rigging machine? I doubt.

Dora left her juicy ministerial position with 100% assurance of becoming a senator only to be swept back to irrelevancy by hurricane Chris Ngige. Nuff said.

igbo boy:

you can say see reasoning all you want but it is a fact my brother....

AGPA cannot expect to win in the SW neither can ACN expect to win in OJukwu's home state...Ndigbo ka kpo nkea ALU as in ezigbo ALU/HARAM

Maybe in Ebonyi, but in Anambra where Ikemba is from, where Uwazurike is very active, mbanu o ga'eme...
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Rhino5dm: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2012
[quote author=Slap me][/quote]

Bros, stop taking that dehydrated goat serious. The poor sod is planted here by the PDP blood sucking vampires.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2012
Sealeddeal: Nwannaa,if u have gone to anambra north,bearing in mind how it was,you will surely be happier with Gov.Obi than you are. its only anambrarians that have lived all their lives in lagos and other cities in nigeria that will surely not believe that Gov.Peter Obi has done something.They thought that govt is like dreaming.If most of those people have gone to some states in north or outside lagos,Ph,Kano,Abuja and see what is there and compare it to what Gov.Peter Obi has done in anambra state,they will kneel down and thank God for Peter Obi.

Nwanne, biko delete PH from the list above when we're talking about roads. At least that one I know well well (not that the governor is not performing, but roads...abeg leave matter). Thanks however for confirming that, i only spoke about the places i physically passed through. Anybody from Enugu or Ebonyi state and moving from PH will rather take a 5hr journey spanning through the villages in Anambra than take a straight PH- Aba- Enugu express way. I still felt a lot need to be done in the three major cities of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi, but I'm not living in deceit to think that it wasn't money that was spent on these other roads. I think Obi simply made it a priority to connect every town and give everybody a feeling of governance, while creating avenue for distribution of food, knowledge etc. I still await those who Idolize Dr. Ngige and Condemn Mr. Obi to come forward and post why. We can take it aspect by aspect and lets all share knowledge and be enlightened further.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido: No Northern Leader Should Be Happy Today Over Poverty, Insecurity / Fresh Crisis Hits IPOB As Nnamdi Kanu Bars Brother From Issuing Statements / Why APC Cannot Impeach Ekweremadu - BLOTRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.