Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (18134 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by vanbonattel: 12:00am On Jan 01, 2013
chino11:

This is time to make a resolution, but you have to start by telling us how many times you have r/a/p/e/d your mom this month..?

My new year resolution is to have more quality time with your wife.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 12:01am On Jan 01, 2013
van bonattel:

Chino is a big foool and I have owned him big time this night.

You know I have not given you a bite before but tonite you go hear am..

Na me and you
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2013
van bonattel:

My new year resolution is to have more quality time with your wife.

We have always had but tonite is tonite grin grin
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Metalgoong(m): 1:10am On Jan 01, 2013
Van Bonattel has chickened out. He has been tongue whipped! grin grin grin grin grin

As the referee, I can now call off the fight.

Chino11 : 10
Van Bonattel : 0

Happy new year y'all ! grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Jan 01, 2013
See what you people have turned this beautiful thread into.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by jpphilips(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
d_truth: whoever that is not frm anambra north will not rule anambra come 2014..
this is because anambra north is the only geo-political zone that has not produced a governor in the state...
so i sugest Hon. Obi Anosike frm Umuleri (former gubernitorial running mate to Soludo)...

mad man
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ijele(m): 7:14am On Jan 09, 2013
Back †☺ the real Topic.....Senator Andy Uba all along knew that the good people of Anambra South will queue behind him in the re-run election, but he elected to deepen democracy through his legal option. Before the re-run election however, the government of Anambra State, had started campaign to oust Uba in the election. They deploy both the State owned Television and Radio Stations to maximum effect. Since it is APGA State, Senator Andy Uba was denied access to campaign in these media. Because of the grass-root support Andy enjoys in the Senatorial zone, the people of the zone defied APGA led government in the State to vote Senator Andy Uba back to office. In-fact, for three months, Peter Obi virtually moved government house to Anambra South just to defeat Uba who the people of the zone had elected to cast their vote for.

As 2014 governorship approaches, only Senator Andy Uba can defeat himself by not contesting the election. If he decides to vie for the governorship election, the good people of Anambra State will surely queue behind him. In-fact, he will win the 2014 governorship election landslide should he run. The people of the State love him; they showed it in 2007, April 9, 2011 and March 21, 2012. They will repeat it in 2014.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ijele(m): 5:05am On Jan 11, 2013
BREAKING NEWS!!!
Again, Andy Uba Floors Ukachukwu

11 Jan 2013

Senator  Andy Uba

The senator representing Anambra South senatorial zone in the Senate, Senator Andy Uba, Thursday scored another landmark victory over his long time political opponent, Mr. Nicholas Ukachukwu, as the Court of Appeal sitting in Owerri, the Imo State capital dismissed the request to declare him as the  daily nominated candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the senatorial election which was won by Uba.

In the suit no CA/OW/180/2012 between Ukachukwu and others versus INEC and Uba, the court had ruled that Justice J. Umar, then of the Federal High Court, Umuahia, was wrong to have transmitted the application to the Court of Appeal.

The court further held that Ukachukwu had no grounds of appeal on the real issue in question and therefore refused to exercise its power under section 15 of the Court of Appeal Act to decide on who  was  the nominated candidate of the PDP.

The Court of Appeal, therefore, ordered that the substantive suit pending at the Federal High Court, Umuahia, be transferred to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court for re-assignment.
A similar case filed by Chuma Nzeribe challenging Uba’s election was thrown out by the Court of Appeal, Enugu Division last year.
Source:http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/again-andy-uba-floors-ukachukwu/136013
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chukschurchill: 1:25am On Mar 24, 2013
Anambra state will b a pride of the Igbo's if Soludo is voted in as d governor of d state! If ur in doubt visit;
http://soludo.net/?page_id=159
http://soludo.net/?page_id=161
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by IGBOSON1: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2013
chukschurchill: Anambra state will b a pride of the Igbo's if Soludo is voted in as d governor of d state! If ur in doubt visit;
http://soludo.net/?page_id=159
http://soludo.net/?page_id=161

^^^I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Anambrans will do the right thing; and also that the rich moneybag thugs don't hijack the whole process. There are some (and you find them in every state) that think they can be governor mainly b'cos of their fat bank balance.....or that they can play godfather for the same reason.

The Anambra electorate should take any money/inducement offered them (after all, this ill-gotten wealth is theirs by right) and vote for Soludo on the day regardless.

I can't for the life of me imagine why a state is blessed with a bold, independent-minded intellectual like Soludo, and we're still here having a discussion on who the next governor will be!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2013
A lot of things have changed in the last few months...let's discuss them.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2013
Yea, sure....1st of all we got to know the traitor P.Obi is by back stabbing Soludo! Anambra is going to the Dogs no doubts about that!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by strangest(m): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
Good Nigerian:
Please, check Ngige's antecedents even before he entered politics. He is 'under-utilised' as a Senator. I ask, who among us can look his/her boss straight in the face and tell him/her 'Boss, your ways are wrong and corrupt'?
after he has followed them to Okija shrine... Get your facts right, the bone of contention between Ngige and Ubah was greed... Ngige wanted more than Uba was getting, he only danced along to get the mass support

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Bishops10(m): 9:45am On Feb 03, 2016
PointB:
Whatever Ngige did in Anambra was to avoid the booby traps set for him by Obj, who was after him. Under that circumstance, Ngige had no choice than to spend Anambra's money in Anambra. Given a level playing ground, I doubt he will deliver much.

I think Anambra state deserves someone like Soludo or Dora Akunyili. But I rather see Soludo go for President or Finance Minister. The guy is a visionary and an astute manager!
Where is he now? grin
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Bishops10(m): 9:54am On Feb 03, 2016
MrGlobe:

APGA is currently leading. What have they done? not even a local govt election in 7 years. Ngige under PDP did more in less than 2 years than APGA is currently doing in 7 years. It's not about party in Nigeria, its about personality.

The problem is that Nigerians are highly gullible. The educated ones are still illiterates that's why propaganda sells well in Nigeria. Am not PDP, I don't care about PDP but tell me a better alternative. Remember Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Rivers are all PDP states all better than the opposition
APGA is still leading grin
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Bishops10(m): 9:57am On Feb 03, 2016
I guess nobody saw Willie Willie coming ... Now Willy is Working grin

Fake Nairaland Politricktiansundecided
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Bishops10(m): 9:57am On Feb 03, 2016
I guess nobody saw Willie Willie coming ... Now Willy is Working grin

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Ilovemystate: 10:40am On Feb 03, 2016
Bishops10:
I guess nobody saw Willie Willie coming ...
Now Willy is Working grin

Such is life bro, nobody can predict future except God, so many were cynical and doubtful, even said Anambra has gone to dogs, those that we trusted after their election end up disappointing.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Bishops10(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Such is life bro, nobody can predict future except God, so many were cynical and doubtful, even said Anambra has gone to dogs, those that we trusted after their election end up disappointing.
That's life.....In Abia,nobody would have thought of Ikpeazu becoming Governor..

I see the same thing happening in Imo state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Delta Most-wanted Kidnapper Ibruvwe Arrested / Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members / Wike Approves ₦1 Billion To Support Rivers Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.