Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? (12860 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / ENUGU International Airport Scam: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation / Jonathan Commisssions Enugu International Airport (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by dayokanu(m): 4:37am On Dec 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
AK47Man, if that's you, omo you ugly sha.

That can be him thats Mr Ibu
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by dayokanu(m): 4:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 4:41am On Dec 27, 2012
LOL dayo, that's mean grin

I don't wanna be rude to a guy that did nothing to me lol. cheesy

But that's prolly ak47mann lying azz.
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by ak47mann(m): 4:47am On Dec 27, 2012
dayo guy funny sha grin
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by taharqa: 4:47am On Dec 27, 2012
dayokanu:

You are a morron. The picture was in the link posted by the OP. But you bleeping psychophant has head sruck far away in your asss to see

If there is any justice in the world you should be fed to pigs

You are a very HOPEFUL ijiot!!!

So cos the PIC was in a link to a Blog, therefore it is Enugu Airport as it is now?

I thought the article was talking about the place been in a 'mess' cos of the ongoing remodeling/reconstruction? DUNCE....
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by igboboy1(m): 4:49am On Dec 27, 2012
@Ak47mann lol nna okwa gi nwanyi nka na kpahiri?... CHAI....

e gezi ha nti, grin
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by ak47mann(m): 4:52am On Dec 27, 2012
igbo boy: @Ak47mann lol nna okwa gi nwanyi nka na kpahiri?... CHAI....

e gezi ha nti, grin
nna nkea bu okwu na uka cheesy am a fine boyooo abegooo i no dey 4 that pix at all pls ask chino he knows me in real life cheesy cool
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by EkoIle1: 4:55am On Dec 27, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
It almost seems like i have a telepathic link with the author of this write up, as these are my sentiments exactly.

Absolutley NOTHING of substance is happening in the south east courtesy of the federal gov't, besides that (diluted, basic and cheap stuff) which we get in the 'general' scheme of things; and it's either GEJ is being crafty and doesn't care as much as he want's people to believe, or he's a bit afraid to stick his neck out and do something 'substantial' for the south east (and we do deserve such attention) b'cos of what the normal Igbo-haters and badbelle people will say- that he is favouring the Igbos.

I wonder when this write up was penned undecided; if it's based on a recent visit to the airport, then it's just plain pathetic......we would expect works to be rounding up by now, with finishing touches being made and rough edges being smoothed out here and there.

Also, with all the peeps that would have used the airport this christmas period, we should have got some current/up-to-date pics of the airport uploaded by now (exterior and interior pics); this just goes to show that we (Ndigbo) are part of our problem, as we don't seem to care much for 'general' things like this, and don't know how to push and mount pressure on the central gov't that 'holds the knife, and the yam' as it were; a daughter being the aviation minister may have made a difference with other ethnicities, but not us....where things must either be done 'fairly' or be done to favour others first for fear of being accused of favouring the south east unfairly over others.

Only the eastern part of Nigeria is still nursing the idea that every development and progress starts with the most useless and incompetent federal government in the world. This is also a reflection of the weak and vision less leaders in the region, they collect taxes and allocations just like many states in Nigeria, but they have nothing to show for it. Other states are moving ahead with developments and taking care of their future, but the east is as usual crying and begging the federal government for what they can do themselves. The east is like a dependent society with vision less and incapable leadership. Just look at the whole landscape, not a single groundbreaking or visionary project.

What's stopping all the states in the region from pulling resources together and build a quality regional international airport? Your problem is not the central government, your national appointed and elected leaders and also your local leaders like your governors are the problem.

Even sef, you can build all the airports you want, but your folks returning to the east for Christmas or your states making money from tourism is just a dream until the other major issues in the region are taken care of, I mean issues like crime/kidnapping that prevented many of your folks from returning home for Christmas and new year. They are all going to stay in places like Lagos or Abuja, Lagos and Abuja are going to take all that money in for of taxes and payments for goods, services and entertainment. A total loss to the east.

This is what make people laugh when people like Achebe say things like ibo people are superior and other people are jealous of ibo people.

The joke is on Achebe....

6 Likes

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by dayokanu(m): 4:55am On Dec 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LOL dayo, that's mean grin

I don't wanna be rude to a guy that did nothing to me lol. cheesy

But that's prolly ak47mann lying azz.

Dont mind him na ak47mann, See his flat head like gun barrel. Your monicker fit you die. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Dont mind him na ak47mann, See his flat head like gun barrel. Your monicker fit you die. grin grin grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by taharqa: 5:10am On Dec 27, 2012
Let me just make 2 quick points here and leave this thread:

- the domestic wing of the Enugu airport terminal is been remodelled and reconstructed. Just like what we saw with GAT terminal during its reconstruction and what is the general norm with such ongoing projects, there would be a lot of disruptions and discomforts in the normal activities of the airport (I recall many persons calling the tent FAAN provided during GAT reconstruction a Refugee camp for instance). The work is almost complete, so people ought to have some patience.

- On the international airport and terminal, some work have been going on in Phases (even before GEJ) to reasphalt and expand the runway and other things that was required to make Akanu Ibiam an international airport. I honestly dont know the current state of work at present though.
The construction of a new International terminal (one of about 5) is starting in at least a month and is certainly would give a complete and different face-lift to the international terminal.

Some PATIENCE plz...
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by igboboy1(m): 5:21am On Dec 27, 2012
ak47mann: nna nkea bu okwu na uka cheesy am a fine boyooo abegooo i no dey 4 that pix at all pls ask chino he knows me in real life cheesy cool

Nwanna I believe you....Ka ndi Yoruba ti picture ha k'anyi fu...

1 Like

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by seanet01: 5:24am On Dec 27, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
It almost seems like i have a telepathic link with the author of this write up, as these are my sentiments exactly.

Absolutley NOTHING of substance is happening in the south east courtesy of the federal gov't, besides that (diluted, basic and cheap stuff) which we get in the 'general' scheme of things; and it's either GEJ is being crafty and doesn't care as much as he want's people to believe, or he's a bit afraid to stick his neck out and do something 'substantial' for the south east (and we do deserve such attention) b'cos of what the normal Igbo-haters and badbelle people will say- that he is favouring the Igbos.

I wonder when this write up was penned undecided; if it's based on a recent visit to the airport, then it's just plain pathetic......we would expect works to be rounding up by now, with finishing touches being made and rough edges being smoothed out here and there.

Also, with all the peeps that would have used the airport this christmas period, we should have got some current/up-to-date pics of the airport uploaded by now (exterior and interior pics); this just goes to show that we (Ndigbo) are part of our problem, as we don't seem to care much for 'general' things like this, and don't know how to push and mount pressure on the central gov't that 'holds the knife, and the yam' as it were; a daughter being the aviation minister may have made a difference with other ethnicities, but not us....where things must either be done 'fairly' or be done to favour others first for fear of being accused of favouring the south east unfairly over others.
So NOTHING of substance is actually being done in the South east to the betterment of the Region?
When i saw the moniker that wrote that, i removed my spectacles to be sure i am not having shortsightedness.
I can not believe this is coming from PROUDIBO,
So despite all the hurling of insults you normally undertake against those who criticize the obvious cluelessness of GEJ, you still have the audacity to say Jonathan has done nothing in the south east?
It is either you are being intellectually dishonest with your defending of GEJ on this forum or you are a member of the 40 laptop.
You see why we Yoruba don't give a hoot about the Presidency,
OBJ has taught us that in this country, that your kinsmen or ally is the President does not translates to the slightest of development in your region.
Only people suffering from hallucination will leave their destiny in the hands of this irresponsible Federal goverment led by Jonathan.
Not even the fact that you people cooked up figures on behalf of GEJ could make him give you special consideration.
You can keep voting PDP,
Here in the South West, we are contented with ACN at least for now.
Down with PDP.

7 Likes

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by seanet01: 5:29am On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: Let me just make 2 quick points here and leave this thread:

- the domestic wing of the Enugu airport terminal is been remodelled and reconstructed. Just like what we saw with GAT terminal during its reconstruction and what is the general norm with such ongoing projects, there would be a lot of disruptions and discomforts in the normal activities of the airport (I recall many persons calling the tent FAAN provided during GAT reconstruction a Refugee camp for instance). The work is almost complete, so people ought to have some patience.

- On the international airport and terminal, some work have been going on in Phases (even before GEJ) to reasphalt and expand the runway and other things that was required to make Akanu Ibiam an international airport. I honestly dont know the current state of work at present though.
The construction of a new International terminal (one of about 5) is starting in at least a month and is certainly would give a complete and different face-lift to the international terminal.

Some PATIENCE plz...

look at this one. Patience ko Patient ni.
Give us something better not this conjectures. This is 2012.
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by ak47mann(m): 5:30am On Dec 27, 2012
igbo boy:

Nwanna I believe you....Ka ndi Yoruba ti picture ha k'anyi fu...
exactly,anyway i dont mind them because i no GOD bless me with height and good looks,so na dere wahala be dat,mean while people like eko ile cannot sleep till he hears bad news from SE but GOD pass am,see nite clubs guys dey enjoy in enugu with beautiful environment like paradise coolnwanna,guys get taste for babes wetin u think?
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 27, 2012
I said it to Onlytruth that PDP will don nothing for the SE like they ain't done shit in the past 13yrs!!

My SE people, what would it have been like if Enugu's governors effort is complimented by the FG actually playing their part in the state?

From my friend's last visit to Enugu, She said anywhere you find decay is handled by the FG including security!

Hold APGA responsible for your zone. Give them the power come 2015. If you want to support PDP for FG, well, that's up to you.

But put Indigenous party in charge of your states!!!! Stop voting for PDP!!!!!
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by igboboy1(m): 5:39am On Dec 27, 2012
ak47mann: exactly,anyway i dont mind them because i no GOD bless me with height and good looks,so na dere wahala be dat,mean while people like eko ile cannot sleep till he hears bad news from SE but GOD pass am,see nite clubs guys dey enjoy in enugu with beautiful environment like paradise coolnwanna,guys get taste for babes wetin u think?

Enugu bu nka? E no bad o, o di ka guy man gats cross that bridge properly and go see my eastern peeps for real.

Oge obuna madu na ga east o soso Onitsha and thats because its just a stone throw from Asaba where most of my friends now live....
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by ak47mann(m): 5:42am On Dec 27, 2012
igbo boy:

Enugu bu nka? E no bad o, o di ka guy man gats cross that bridge properly and go see my eastern peeps for real.

Oge obuna madu na ga east o soso Onitsha and thats because its just a stone throw from Asaba where most of my friends now live....

next time gaa Enugu ka ifu ihe na eme in that city serious ife na eme in that state...
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by ezeagu(m): 5:44am On Dec 27, 2012
So this person is complaining about construction that's actually happening, or what? Has it stopped? What is the actual problem. All I see is slow construction which is common in Nigeria (and which should have been the main issue) and disorganisation in terms of dealing with traffic that's still coming in and out, but if that means getting this at the end of it: http://webstore.cde.co.za/Products/90//GI_518855-736.jpg

Then what is the complaining? They don't construct things in Abuja? I guess it's the same reasoning that's making people post pictures of an already demolished building from years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by mensdept: 5:58am On Dec 27, 2012
0lumide: I said it to Onlytruth that PDP will don nothing for the SE like they ain't done shit in the past 13yrs!!

My SE people, what would it have been like if Enugu's governors effort is complimented by the FG actually playing their part in the state?

From my friend's last visit to Enugu, She said anywhere you find decay is handled by the FG including security!

Hold APGA responsible for your zone. Give them the power come 2015. If you want to support PDP for FG, well, that's up to you.

But put Indigenous party in charge of your states!!!! Stop voting for PDP!!!!!

For nearly 2 years APGA has had two governors (neighboring states of IMO and ANambra). Yet, there currently is no interest in buiding an international Airport that is obviously gonna bring in billions into the region.

Theres even a rumor, yes rumor, that Peter Obi is behind the Abuja Mall project in ABuja?

Well, like I've said b4 alongside others, the SE recieves about US $3 BILLION from allocations and theres nothing to show. Instead we have bast.ards like Theo Orji who can only give Christmas address wishing people a Merry Christmas.

Imagine if each of the five SE states (or even some other Eastern states like Cross River /Rivers) put in $100 Million into an airport, they will make it back in no time. Also a seaport, a modern bridge/beltway with toll, stadium, and Health care center with 6 hospitals. When our people are spending 1.2 Billion in medical tourism every year, its crazy that no one governor or rep is saying that they should cash in on this and build a World Class medical center in their state.

Airport in TINY Cyprus

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by tny60(f): 6:02am On Dec 27, 2012
what's all the noise that FG is ignoring SE. is SE the only region in Nigeria?
as far as I can see, FG is not doing much in ANY part of naija. so what's d noise. na today?
even GEJ who is from SS, what has he done for his own region? what did Obasanjo do for his region? what did yar'adua do for his region?
plz stop with the sense of entitlement jare. everything must be tribal in ibo mind.

how about you tell ya governors to stop using state allocation to build privately owned malls in Abuja.
charity begins at home. FG is poo. everybody with a brain knows that. infact, if you wan complain, you get Minister of Aviation number. she is from Anambra and she's probably there to eat her own pie of the national cake.
at least you can try to hold your regional leaders accountable. why the need to be dependent on FG? Only a lipsrsealed will rely on FG to get anything done in this country.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 27, 2012
The short answer is that the international terminal would be completed by late 2014, or in d first quarter of 2015; according to d Aviation minister.
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 27, 2012
CFCfan: The short answer is that the international terminal would be completed by late 2014, or in d first quarter of 2015; according to d Aviation minister.

them don start feasibility studies cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 27, 2012
oyb:

them don start feasibility studies cheesy cheesy
I think d feasibility studies had been done earlier this year.
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 27, 2012
mens dept:

For nearly 2 years APGA has had two governors (neighboring states of IMO and ANambra). Yet, there currently is no interest in buiding an international Airport that is obviously gonna bring in billions into the region.

Theres even a rumor, yes rumor, that Peter Obi is behind the Abuja Mall project in ABuja?

Well, like I've said b4 alongside others, the SE recieves about US $3 BILLION from allocations and theres nothing to show. Instead we have bast.ards like Theo Orji who can only give Christmas address wishing people a Merry Christmas.

Imagine if each of the five SE states (or even some other Eastern states like Cross River /Rivers) put in $100 Million into an airport, they will make it back in no time. Also a seaport, a modern bridge/beltway with toll, stadium, and Health care center with 6 hospitals. When our people are spending 1.2 Billion in medical tourism every year, its crazy that no one governor or rep is saying that they should cash in on this and build a World Class medical center in their state.

Airport in TINY Cyprus

You know Igbos can hold APGA responsible easily than they can PDP given the way Nigeria is.

I proposed exactly what you are proposing on another thread started by someone who said SE states shouldn't integrate.

Onlytruth where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eze Ndigbo nairaland!!
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by igboboy1(m): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2012
ak47mann: next time gaa Enugu ka ifu ihe na eme in that city serious ife na eme in that state...

eziokwu......
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 27, 2012
Ola edo: [size=18pt]Where Is GEJ's Enugu "international airport"?[/size]

In 2010 President Goodluck Jonathan Commissioned Akanu Ibiam (Enugu) International Airport. In his remark during the ceremony, Jonathan said he has always considered himself close to the Igbo because of the circumstances of his birth and education. But today, the Place looks like a Civil war zone. There is nothing
International about it.

Akanu Ibiam International Airport, also known as Enugu Airport, is an airport serving Enugu, the capital city of Enugu State of Nigeria. The airport is named after the late Akanu Ibiam (1906-1995), a Medical Doctor and Statesman who hailed from Afikpo in Ebonyi State.

The airport was closed on February 10, 2010, by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) for the first phase of major renovation and expansion works. The airport was re-opened on 16 December, 2010, but the second and third phase of the construction works remains an ongoing/unfinished project. They promised the airport is being prepared for its new status as international airport.

Okukuwe ibiam wrote today that if pressure is not brought on the authorities to complete what they initiated, we definitely have an eyesore on our hands.

According to him, "the departure hall looks like a refugee station. You can peer through or sit on the Uncompleted windows, enjoy the the dry dusty air wafting in and have a direct physical appreciation of the runway with flights come in and out. Nothing really stops you from jumping through the windows and Hugging the plane, if your arms are long enough.

"You can circumvent customs by going through the departure hall windows straight to your flight, the place begs for mischief.

"The arrival hall looks like it was recently bombed and cleared of debris. Dirt floor! Conveyor belts? wait for the 25th century! You pick your luggage directly from the Tarmac.

"If you are carrying a luggage or multiple luggages, you need helpers to help you push it up the uncompleted cement steps for a fee. and when exiting the arrival hall, you need them to help guide the carriage down onto a wooden plank and Hold the descending truck or else your luggage will spill on the surroundings, or straight into the waiting reception, who warily step out of your way with your nervous steering and balancing act.

"By the time you pick your luggage up, you'll be as brown as the surrounding dry muddy Enugu landscape. Then you are dusting. Only to see your reception pulling exited luggage towards the car park, with greetings of Chei! Nno! Afuro kwam gi."

When President Goodluck Jonathan approved the assignment and deployment of Mrs. Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi (Anambra), to the Ministry of Aviation, many thought Jonathan appears hell-bent (and rightly so) that the internationalization of Enugu airport be completed in his regime.

Jonathan promised the Igbos that the upgrade of the airport to an international airport and the extension of its runway are part of the Federal Government’s airport rehabilitation programme, designed to improve the state of infrastructure at the nation’s 21 airports.

Thus they naively believed he reposted an Igbo person to man (or is it woman) the aviation ministry in the belief that if an Igbo is not in charge, it is bye bye to an international airport for Enugu.

How wrong they were!

South Eeast comes last in GEJ's mind, he knows how to massage our ego and walk freely without doing anything concrete; like closing whole markets to honour Ojukwu at death and we are happy!

How many Gigantic projects are going on in SE ? Yet, our people are already endorsing him for 2015!

Welcome to Enugu, Welcome to Biafra, Sorry Nigeria.

http://elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/13889-where-is-gej-s-enugu-international-airport

Hian! Ohh!!
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by spyder880(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2012
I think I showed current looks of the airport in the Enugu thread last month, that picture on this link is like 3 years ago, the look of the airport is now modern, although under construction.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by charzyn: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2012
Igbos has to wake up and take up thier destiny in thier hands like anambra people and stop wasting thier time waiting on the federal government to built international airport. Instance, Anambra built the largest and starndard functioning refinary in nigeria without waiting for the federal government and now constructing the largest international cargo airport and passenger airport in nigeria that will be refilling aviation fuel for all the foreign airlines within nigeria and other west africa countries which will be commisioned in 2 years time by the government instead of to be built by the government.

Inland seaport has been dreadging by anambra individuals to be commissioned soonest by thr federal government of which the revenues received from refinary, international cargo airport and passenger airport and the inland seaport will be used to change the new face of anambra state in the next 6 years to be the one of the best city in the world . Igbos and other states that is in NDDC such as imo and abia should wake up without waiting for the federal government. PROUDLY ANAMBRAN
Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by ujchief(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva: Chei, see wetin government don use our eye see. Ndi Igbo atago afufu na obodo nka.
nwanne, when i was screaming it loud in 2011 that Gej aint got nada for igbos, they took me as a traitor here in Nl. They said i didnt want to suport 'my brother'. He got upwards of a million votes from each south east state, igbos embraced him wit his fake 'ebele' name, and used the sympathy of his wife's mum, who was an igbo or so.
Now, the truth is gradually creeping out. If Gej is sincere in empowering those that empowered him, Onitsha port will be functioning by now, the rice milling plant he promised Ebonyi state will be working by now, Enugu airport wont be an 'ongoing' project til date, to mention but a few.
We'll keep saying it, b'cos evil triumps in a society where good men refused to speak.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? by alaoeri: 10:06am On Dec 27, 2012
GEJ can't stop disappointing his a$$ lickers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Foils Hijack Of Maersk Ship, Rescues 25 Foreigners / It Is Statistically Impossible For Buhari To Win A Second Term - TVC Analyst / “never Let Your Kids Suffer The Sins Of Their Father” – Toyin Lawani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.