Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,199 members, 7,780,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:50 PM

Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. (10079 Views)

Fashola Must Champion New National Standard For Urban Roads / Barbaric And Satanic Fashola Must Pay For This!!! / Pdp, Obanikoro: Fashola Must Resign Now ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2012
The fireworks he used for his EKO 2012 was it manufactured in ijesha market? Ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Mustay(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2012
My problem with forums is when people wallow in issues that are unrelated to the content or topic of a thread - I always want to believe it's the misguidsed youths that throw these cards - tribes

The man has raised pertinent questions - is BRF the one in charge of customs?

The government has its own blame when it gets to do with the response time of FS men and our building regulations - how can we have generator shops et al where people live One of the residents was reported in the papers to have said that the residents all knew what went on around there.

Let's face the issues please! These stuffs have been banned and when Frank Mba was in Lagos, he repeatedly mentioned it on airwaves that they are illegal. The government may make laws but and being unable to enforce every move of yours, but if you choose to break the law, you bear the consequences.

This is the same way explosives and arms found their ways into the country and we turn the blinsd eye or have we forgotten the Iranian shipment
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by larride(m): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2012
uihebom: The fireworks he used for his EKO 2012 was it manufactured in ijesha market? Ndi ara

Wait a minute..... Are you telling me that Gov. Fash is the one behind Eko 2012, I thought he was just the host, I didn't know it was his concept. Please remind me, who won that Eko 2012, I think its badagry followed by ikeja. Smhs

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by thirty(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2012
thelastPope:
This is coming from a man who never considers the masses before making a decision.
This man doesn't know how to talk at all. I thought they said he is intelligent?
Firecrackers are sold all over the world. It is not bomb. If there are issues of reorientation and control, it is the duty of government to handle it. You don't stop problems in society by banning everthing in sight.
22 fire calls in a weekend in Lagos state and he thinks that is too much? Then Lagos state doesn't have a fire service! That is 11 fire calls from over 40 LGAs in one day. First of all, every LGA is supposed to have a fire service. If you got 11 calls in one day, that means an average of 1 call in just 11 LGAs.
The man selling the firecrackers pays tax to LASG so I don't understand what Fashola is saying. Maybe he should do a thorough soul searching himself and start doing stuff that will benefit the masses.

what kind of tax? All over the world firecracker is an outdoor excercise. If u continue, ur house may be the next.
Mind you, fire service is after event issue. The best is to prevent this issue with every caution and that is what the Governor is explaining.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Dozieson(m): 10:00am On Dec 27, 2012
geeez:

When they can kill their mothers for money, what on earth would a life mean to them. Lets see how this plays out.
you have the most foolish comments on nairaland.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2012
larride:

Wait a minute..... Are you telling me that Gov. Fash is the one behind Eko 2012, I thought he was just the host, I didn't know it was his concept. Please remind me, who won that Eko 2012, I think its badagry followed by ikeja. Smhs
are you alright? Did he host it on Atlantic ocean? Was it not in his lagos state? He should ask how they got their own fireworks. On that day wasn't he looking at the sky feeling cool with himself? Imbe
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by thelastPope(m): 10:12am On Dec 27, 2012
thirty:
what kind of tax? All over the world firecracker is an outdoor excercise. If u continue, ur house may be the next.
Mind you, fire service is after event issue. The best is to prevent this issue with every caution and that is what the Governor is explaining.

Did you read that they were conducting an indoor firecracker event? The article said it was a store of firecrackers, not an event. Or are you infering that all over the world, firecrackers are kept outside on the road? Please always read before you respond!
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2012
What is this Yoruba man talking about biko nu?!

So because Firecrackers shop burn, it makes firecracker business a bad thing.. What about gun shops, car shops (No thanks to those Mobile coffins owned by Yorubas call Molues..), cement shops (all the Yoruba peoples houses that keeps collapsing and killing Igbos in lagos)..

Abeg, make that man stop to reason like who get tribal mark for brain...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by geeez: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2012
Okija_juju: What is this Yoruba man talking about biko nu?!

So because Firecrackers shop burn, it makes firecracker business a bad thing.. What about gun shops, car shops (No thanks to those Mobile coffins owned by Yorubas call Molues..), cement shops (all the Yoruba peoples houses that keeps collapsing and killing Igbos in lagos)..

So a business that has been prohibited by government should be encouraged to thrive because it belongs to an Igboman abi? What makes you think the government of Lagos has not gone after those who own or were involved in the construction of those collapsed buildings? What also makes you think the LASG has not started a clamp down on buses that do not meet the minimum safety requirement for operarting within the metropolis.

These Igbo guys just never cease to amaze me. Almost everything illegal and criminal is perpetrated by them and while only a handful of their governors get to perform, they will ignore them and start taking eye drops for the Yoruba man's conjunctivitis

1 Like

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Arcard(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2012
Abeg o who owns d ware house da fire destroyd ist an igbo man or yoruba or blah blah tribe.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by gbanikiti(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2012
This boy you be ODENSON!
geeez:

So a business that has been prohibited by government should be encouraged to thrive because it belongs to an Igboman abi? What makes you think the government of Lagos has not gone after those who own or were involved in the construction of those collapsed buildings? What also makes you think the LASG has not started a clamp down on buses that do not meet the minimum safety requirement for operarting within the metropolis.

These Igbo guys just never cease to amaze me. Almost everything illegal and criminal is perpetrated by them and while only a handful of their governors get to perform, they will ignore them and start taking eye drops for the Yoruba man's conjunctivitis

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by geeez: 10:44am On Dec 27, 2012
gbanikiti: This boy you be ODENSON!

And you be ODE
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2012
geeez:

for dis your comment I will start importing eyedrop mixed with super glue cos you people are useless.

1 Like

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2012
Okija_juju: What is this Yoruba man talking about biko nu?!

you of all people - a worker in the oil industry should know better - fireworks are hazardous materials and should not be stored in residential areas.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by jaymichael(m): 11:16am On Dec 27, 2012
talk about what you know fashola, fire cracker is not contraband. i am a clearing agent. check the CET. for the list of prohibited items. as long as you have police clearance and that of Nigeria anti bomb and all other relevant documents, you are good to clear.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Dec 27, 2012
oyb:

you of all people - a worker in the oil industry should know better - fireworks are hazardous materials and should not be stored in residential areas.

I just don't understand what's going on with alot of people's brain no matter how "educated" they are. sad
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 27, 2012
k2039:
[color=soyouquotedme]Nigeria custom service is another epitome of corruption [/color]

That is a huge understatement ..they deals in Mega-Corruption, next in quantity and quality to the corruption in the oil-industry.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by enyice(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2012
Sometimes i wonder if the laws are meant for a particular set of people.

Sometimes, i also wonder if the laws are not applicable to the makers (govt.)

some few years back, coca-cola celebrated the tallest xmas tree in the world wit massive fireworks.

And just few weeks ago, EKO 2012 opening ceremony was celebrated with an even greater fireworks than the former.

What kind of message does it send to the business minded importers - ENCOURAGEMENT to import more.

Isnt it so unfair for govt to be sayin something else and doin another thing?

SINCERELY, ALL PARTIES (govt inclusive) REALLY DO NEED SOUL SEARCHIN.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2012
[b]The arguement of fireworks beings contraband or prohibited is a moot one... Afterall, the Federal Government popped off fireworks on our 50th anniversary, Lagos State government also fire off some recently during the Eko games.. So let's park that arguement..

On fireworks being harzardous, I ask again, are fire crackers worse than the Petrol that tankers lift everyday from state to state!? Or the dilapitated NNPC and IOC pipelines that krisskross the entire Niger Delta? Or the gas cyclinders in your houses?! Or the loaded AK-47s that our policemen recklessly shove in the faces of Nigerians!? Or the harzardous chemicals that are transported daily through our roads with little or no regard for public safety!? Abeg make una drex.. Compare the percentage of fires, injuries and deaths from fireworks and compare it against any other thing and let's get your answer..

Fireworks are not illegal, infact, they are now even made in Nigeria, its not a bad business to go into either..

Fashola and his fellow Yoruba people should stop reasoning like fowl wey dey suffer from mad cow disease and face their problems.. The fire outbreak was an accident, simple. Accidents do happen..

NURTW kills more people monthly in Yorubaland than Firecrackers in 10 years.. he should start by banning tribal marks in Lagos, maybe una people reasoning go change.. [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by jmaine: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2012
It will be hypocritical to place all the blames on the business owners without asking the govt officials why they chose to allow certain risky businesses to be cited where they aint supposed to be ( cos those people are obviously heavily taxed) . .

In my area, there is an Oando fuel station . .and this means frequent road hustling with their fuel laden tankers . . .Who gave them the permission to site such an hazardous business in a residential area

Your ans is team Fashola . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2012
enyice: Sometimes i wonder if the laws are meant for a particular set of people.

Sometimes, i also wonder if the laws are not applicable to the makers (govt.)

some few years back, coca-cola celebrated the tallest xmas tree in the world wit massive fireworks.

And just few weeks ago, EKO 2012 opening ceremony was celebrated with an even greater fireworks than the former.

What kind of message does it send to the business minded importers - ENCOURAGEMENT to import more.

Isnt it so unfair for govt to be sayin something else and doin another thing?

SINCERELY, ALL PARTIES (govt inclusive) REALLY DO NEED SOUL SEARCHIN.

i'm sure lasg stocked the fireworks in peoples houses

i'm sure the fire works were handled by six year olds

nigerians have an extremely casual attitude to things that can change their lives in bad ways - just as you see people driving with toddlers in the front seat, you see six year olds handling knockouts unsupervised. as a kid i coulnd't understand why my dad only allowed 'bisco' , but i do now - i saw kids going to pick up lit bangers yesterday evening. i was the only one shouting at them. if any of them got injured the next thing would be the mother running up and down and screaming for help.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2012
jmaine:
It will be hypocritical to place all the blames on the business owners without asking the govt officials why they chose to allow certain risky businesses to be cited where they aint supposed to be ( cos those people are obviously heavily taxed) . .

In my area, there is an Oando fuel station . .and this means frequent road hustling with their fuel laden tankers . . .Who gave them the permission to site such an hazardous business in a residential area

the gej muppets again - was the station built during fashola's administration?
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 27, 2012
what Fashola said was a statement that you would expect from government that working and that has health and safety laws in place that is implemented
Clearly this is not the case in Nigeria.

So whilst it is correct for Fashola ask businesses to be responsible he should also acknowledge the failings of his state govt and federal govt to make and implement sufficient Health and Safety laws.

1 Like

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2012
Okija_juju: [b]

On fireworks being harzardous, I ask again, are fire crackers worse than the Petrol that tankers lift everyday from state to state!? Or the dilapitated NNPC and IOC pipelines that krisskross the entire Niger Delta? Or the gas cyclinders in your houses?! Or the loaded AK-47s that our policemen recklessly shove in the faces of Nigerians!? Or the harzardous chemicals that are transported daily through our roads with little or no regard for public safety!? Abeg make una drex.. Compare the percentage of fires, injuries and deaths from fireworks and compare it against any other thing and let's get your answer..

Fireworks are not illegal, infact, they are now even made in Nigeria, its not a bad business to go into either..

Fashola and his fellow Yoruba people should stop reasoning like fowl wey dey suffer from mad cow disease and face their problems.. The fire outbreak was an accident, simple. Accidents do happen..

the usual - excuse oh, the federal govt is incompetent and kills nigerians daily, its alright for the rest of us to do so. 90% of those issues you have listed are within the purview of the fg s to petrol tankers, you have probably forgotten the numerous face offs lasg has had with tanker driver unions over this very issue - impounding tankers for driving during rush hour

so for you, it is alright for irresponsible businessmen to add their own quota to the danger we are all facing?

The fire outbreak was an accident, simple. Accidents do happen..

are you SURE you work in the oil and gas industry, with such a casual attitude towards accidents

this was an accident waiting to happen - take uncontrolled proliferation of fire works, out of control kids who throw them just about everywhere. .
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by jmaine: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2012
oyb:

the gej muppets again - was the station built during fashola's administration?

Yes it was . . .You peeps should just stop popping GEJ into everyything . .did he father your kids ? . . .Stop been silly . . . .

Let's even assume it wasn't him . . .Why do they still levy tax on them even when they feel it's wrong . . .

Stop pushing the limits bruv . . . .
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by emiye(m): 11:53am On Dec 27, 2012
jmaine:

When did Fashola become the director of DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources) ? DPR gives approval for fuel station. You had better keep quiet, if you have no good spin to make.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by phoneport(m): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2012
FASHOLA you talk too much
After banning Okada why won't people sell explosive?
Let us all be happy, they weren't storing Bombs?
This would have been Lagos Cantonment Bomb Part 2

Government pls provide job or capital for people to start one.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by jmaine: 11:56am On Dec 27, 2012
emiye: When did Fashola become the director of DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources) ? DPR gives approval for fuel station. You had better keep quiet, if you have no good spin to make.

Guess it's the same DPR that levies huge monthly taxes on them . . .You must be very silly . . . .
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 27, 2012
emiye: When did Fashola become the director of DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources) ? DPR gives approval for fuel station. You had better keep quiet, if you have no good spin to make.

we have to ask jmaine - muppet has no idea of anything other than shooting at fashola - maybe we should ask him if his wife thinks fashola is better in bed
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by jmaine: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2012
oyb:

we have to ask jmaine - muppet has no idea of anything other than shooting at fashola - maybe we should ask him if his wife thinks fashola is better in bed

Shoot down Fashola you say ? . .Hear you speak like a fool . .Did GEJ by chance father your kids ? cos i don't see why his name should be propped in a strictly Lagos State Govt affairs

You all need to better than tow a cheap shot . . .
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
jmaine:

Guess it's the same DPR that [b]levies huge monthly tax [/b]on them . . .You must be very silly . . . .

gej muppet, petrol stations are overseen by dpr , DPR gives them yearly licenses to operate, conducts audits, shuts down stations, instructs on safety upgrades as required, - outside of municipal permits for construction and land use charge, lasg has little or no business with filling stations. the only thing lasg has insisted on is that all filling stations come with public restroom facilities - and they are pushing for restrooms that cater to the disabled. that is from a worker in downstream, not some armchair gej ignoramus. of course, if a station spills product, lasg will come down hard on them, they will pay fines through their noses.

oyb:

[quote author=jmaine]

Shoot down Fashola you say ? . .Hear you speak like a fool . .Did GEJ by chance father your kids ? cos i don't see why his name should be propped in a strictly Lagos State Govt affairs

You all need to better than tow a cheap shot . . .

look ode, stick to topic - i know you have given everything including your wife's anus to gej - that doen't mean you should assume teh rest of us have. we don't need to lick your masters nuts to survive, even if you do
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by phoneport(m): 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
phoneport: FASHOLA you talk too much
After banning Okada why won't people sell explosive?
Let us all be happy, they weren't storing Bombs?
This would have been Lagos Cantonment Bomb Part 2

Government pls provide job or capital for people to start one.

We have more of such ware houses in Lag let's pray they don't all explode at once.
This is what you get in a failed government and deaf eared people who can even sell their mother for business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC: GEJ Plans To Replace Prof. Attahiru Jega With Prof. Olufemi Mimiko / 'Fuel Scarcity Will End Before Weekend'-NNPC / 9th National Assembly: PDP Governors Meet Over Election Of Principal Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.