Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers (6520 Views)

EFCC To Deal With Staff Who Decorated Ekweremadu ‘anti-corruption Ambassador' / Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs / Ajimobi Vows To Deal With Ladoja If He Misbehaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by geeez: 6:03am On Dec 27, 2012
The governor of Lagos state, Mr Babatunde Fashola has vowed to punish the owner of the store where fire crackers that exploded on Wednesday were stored.

Fireworks stored in the warehouse triggered the explosion in a commercial area of Jankara market and an 11 year old boy was confirmed dead at the site of fire cracker explosion which occurred at 9AM at Oroyiyin\Jankara axis on Lagos Island.

The explosion and inferno set ablaze 15 other adjourning buildings and injured about 40 people. The explosion gutted buildings, cars and property at the Oroyiyin – Jankara axis on Lagos Island.

The Governor who visited the explosion site described the incident as “unfortunate” while he heaped blames on owners of the store for being reckless business owners.

“In order to make quick business, we have lost a life, we lost property and all of us are in danger” the governor said.

Mr Fashola noted that there must be a lot of soul searching and reflection and choices to be made for people to go on and he called on people to make the choice on safety in all they do while government invests in infrastructure.

Lagos state is one of the states that has banned the use of fire crackers , popularly called bangers during festivities and the governor lamented that “we make rules, we break them.”

“All of these items are under one form of prohibition or the other and we have men and women at our various entry and exit points”.

“How did they get in?, how did they enter?, who shipped them?, who imported them and who cleared them?. Who approved them to come in. Those are very serious issues. We must also ask ourselves, must we do every business?”, he asked rhetorically.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/26/fashola-vows-to-deal-with-owner-of-stored-fire-crackers/
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by tny60(f): 6:11am On Dec 27, 2012
I hope so.
lagos should enforce zoning rules. people shouldn't be storing mass quantity of inflammable material in such a busy, heavily populated area.
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Walexz02(m): 6:44am On Dec 27, 2012
If truly the owner is against the law,he/she should be prosecutd according to the law...shikenah.
I hope sme eedioot wil nt come here and start spewing rubbish. E ehn.
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by jhydebaba(m): 7:00am On Dec 27, 2012
When God gave Moses the 10 commandment, it is not to help God but the children of Israel.
Govt makes law, we break them (no thanks to govt officials as well) and expect to go unpunished (my heart goes out though to the innocent ones).
cry cry I weep for my dear country.
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by lekzy007(m): 7:10am On Dec 27, 2012
dey expect the capital punishment mr governor.
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Adufaye(m): 7:22am On Dec 27, 2012
abeg punish dem bt no ban banger,ban corruption n bomb imported 2 boko

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Ngwakwe: 7:41am On Dec 27, 2012
See Boyoyo, life de sweet you.

Enjoyment get consequences.

Adufaye: abeg punish dem bt no ban banger,ban corruption n bomb imported 2 boko
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Jaideyone(m): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2012
RIP to the dead boy

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by kingingkinging: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2012
We have lost a life in the process. Painful. But I like Fash, see logical questions... Who imported them? Who cleared them? etc
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by donjust: 8:38am On Dec 27, 2012
bro fash....always on point
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Engineer1985(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2012
Thats good
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by geeez: 8:43am On Dec 27, 2012
We know who they are, how they play and where they are from and I think it's time we shipped them out of Yorubaland for good
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Slickest(m): 8:44am On Dec 27, 2012
kingingkinging: We have lost a life in the process. Painful. But I like Fash, see logical questions... Who imported them? Who cleared them? etc
wotz so logical bou dat?even a monkey would ask dat!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by markus1133: 8:45am On Dec 27, 2012
he needs too..
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by geeez: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2012
Slickest: wotz so logical bou dat?even a monkey would ask dat!

Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word 'logical'.
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by midetinz(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2012
Festivities comes with statusquo. Salla is known frm times of prophet to be synonymous wt rams, xmas with santa. Who d hell is the devil that introduced banger into Xmas? There's NOTHIN beneficial about that tin. Please let's stop it. Apart from death and material damage,it could predispose serious health issues like defective ear drum,hypertension and shock!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Iaz93: 8:51am On Dec 27, 2012
geeez: We know who they are, how they play and where they are from and I think it's time we shipped them out of Yorubaland for good
Lol! See this guy o
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by deltaforce7(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2012
Governor Fashola should look at issues objectively. What if the owner of the property was not aware such inflammable substance was stored in there by the tenants? Don't forget it was a store house used for business purposes.

Having said that, it is grand display of irresponsibility to store crackers to such magnitude and not expect the possibility of a mishap. The governor should make the law enforement agents fish out the owner of the crawkers and ensure he is made to face the full weight of the law. Those who cleared the importation of the crackers should also be arrested and dealt with. What has gone wrong with our society?
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by geeez: 8:54am On Dec 27, 2012
deltaforce7: Governor Fashola should look at issues objectively. What if the owner of the property was not aware such inflammable substance was stored in there by the tenants? Don't forget it was a store house used for business purposes.

Having said that, it is grand display of irresponsibility to store crackers to such magnitude and not expect the possibility of a mishap. The governor should make the law enforement agents fish out the owner of the crawkers and ensure he is made to face the full weight of the law. Those who cleared the importation of the crackers should also be arrested and dealt with. What has gone wrong with our society?

Fashola hasn't said he's going after the owner of the house but the owner of the merchandise
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by felifeli: 8:55am On Dec 27, 2012
geeez: We know who they are, how they play and where they are from and I think it's time we shipped them out of Yorubaland for good
It is the Igbo businessmen . Always importing illegal things.
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by deltaforce7(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2012
Governor Fashola should look at issues objectively. What if the owner of the property was not aware such inflammable substance was stored in there by the tenants? Don't forget it was a store house used for business purposes.Having said that, it is grand display of irresponsibility to store crackers to such magnitude and not expect the possibility of a mishap. The governor should make the law enforement agents fish out the owner of the crawkers and ensure he is made to face the full weight of the law. Those who cleared the importation of the crackers should also be arrested and dealt with. What has gone wrong with our society?
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2012
I neva fit digest all the christmas rice and milala talk more of typing a commment on this lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by gbanikiti(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2012
since you know who they are, why don't you fish them out for fashola?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by geeez: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2012
gbanikiti: since you know who they are, why don't you fish them out for fashola?

It's a no brainer. This isn't a faceless crime. I'm sure everyone understands that but you tongue
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Caracta(f): 9:11am On Dec 27, 2012
Gradually turning into a tribal 'ish'. Immaturity at its peak. Seriously guys, must you?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Chamber10(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2012
felifeli:
It is the Igbo businessmen . Always importing illegal things.

How did u know its Igbo? Did Fashola mention any tribe? Has investigation been carried out to know the owners? Even if its Igbo's business, who cleared the goods at the point of entry into the country? Igbo too? I hate tribalistic comments like ur own with passion though I am a Yoruba guy. Let's be objective in our comment

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2012
Its painful. Fashola, get the man, and jail him. What ever it takes, you have my support.
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by Adufaye(m): 9:47am On Dec 27, 2012
Ngwakwe: See Boyoyo, life de sweet you.

Enjoyment get consequences.

i no dy blow banger again,bt i enjoy watchin pple doin it....
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by felifeli: 9:48am On Dec 27, 2012
Chamber10:

How did u know its Igbo? Did Fashola mention any tribe? Has investigation been carried out to know the owners? Even if its Igbo's business, who cleared the goods at the point of entry into the country? Igbo too? I hate tribalistic comments like ur own with passion though I am a Yoruba guy. Let's be objective in our comment

Is Igbo your name? Have you never heard of smuggling? I hate ignorant comments like ur own with passion though I am a Yoruba guy. Let's be objective in our comment
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by lawalso: 9:55am On Dec 27, 2012
deltaforce7: Governor Fashola should look at issues objectively. What if the owner of the property was not aware such inflammable substance was stored in there by the tenants? Don't forget it was a store house used for business purposes.

If u know that house owners on the Island collect as much as 2x or 3x or even 5x for stores/warehouse/shops instead of renting as rooms for residential purposes, u will know dat the owners are not only aware but greedy. Some of these buildings originally meant for residential purposes are now shops/store/warehouse. I stayed on the Island for more than 10yrs.

In the evening when business is over, these traders engage human carriers to move their heavy loads and u will be surprised by the way they stuffed these buildings with heavy goods. What even shocked me the most is the way these buildings vibrate when the carriers dump the heavy goods in the store/warehouse

Residents of Lagos Island are aware of this and this is one of the causes of high costs of rent on the island, the second being the small area that Lagos Island occupies. Another issue on the Island is that houses are too close to each other. Where I stayed on the Island then, 3 separate building share ceiling. My concern:

If a building plan is for residential purpose and there is need to convert for commercial purposes, shouldn't there be something to be done before converting?
The LASG need to look into this, what is the role of the KAI and CBD? Is it only to disturb, torment collect money from them from hawkers and small traders?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by gbanikiti(m): 10:00am On Dec 27, 2012
Go get additional brains for your skull!
geeez:

It's a no brainer. This isn't a faceless crime. I'm sure everyone understands that but you tongue
Re: Fashola Vows To Deal With Owner Of Stored Fire Crackers by geeez: 10:07am On Dec 27, 2012
gbanikiti: Go get additional brains for your skull!

Okay dear. Now I know you need help. Too bad I can't but I know a doctor who can though I'll consider your case a medical feat should it be remedied

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs / b / Guber Election: Ibesikpo Asutan Insists On Gov Emmanuel, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.