Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Money Saving Tips For Our Homes - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Money Saving Tips For Our Homes (11018 Views)

Somethings That Are Gradually Fading Away From Our Homes / 5 Money Saving Tips For The Nigerian Shopper / Peace Or Justice. Which Should Prevail In Our Homes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by babymama3: 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
jidegirl12:

You're too much, Aveeno makes body-wash & shampoo in one bottle so is Johnson's ,

you won't tell me you've never compromised using head&shoulders or Pentene when you're out of body wash or shower gel? Sheesh!

Moreover there are " no tear" shampoos out there
Is there any mother that hasn't run out of wipes and used damp kitchen rolls
I have
Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by babymama3: 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
OK my money saving tip

I would cut open the foot area of the baby onesies ( and the footed pajamas) so the growing kid could wear it for longer grin grin grin
Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
baby_mama:

Moreover there are " no tear" shampoos out there
Is there any mother that hasn't run out of wipes and used damp kitchen rolls
I have

Even all of them are 'no more tears' with your preference of fragrance .... we all have been there done it and still doing it abi?

If you damp those expensive paper towels/kitchen rolls I mentioned earlier , they are are smooth as Huggies I'm not kidding!

( my husband chattered them in hundreds in wholesales cos we have busy house)......

I prefer wash-clothes ( face towels size) instead tho...
Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by babymama3: 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
jidegirl12:

Even all of them are 'no more tears' with your preference of fragrance .... we all have been there done it and still doing it abi?

If you damp those expensive paper towels/kitchen rolls I mentioned earlier , they are are smooth as Huggies I'm not kidding!

( my husband chattered them in hundreds in wholesales cos we have busy house)......

I prefer wash-clothes ( face towels size) instead tho...

Abi o
I know it is more time consuming but nothing beats washing the kid in good old soap and water after a no 2
Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by rexxx: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2012
Just going through the responses and am wondering how will naija problem get solved with comments like this above. We do not have the do it yourself altitude. Have you asked yourself actually how wipes are made. Paper rolls are actually thicker than tiolet rolls. If wipes are 200naira and you use it till a baby is two or sometimes three and you learn how to eliminate that cost.....guess one would have save something worthwhile after that period
Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by babymama3: 1:32am On Dec 28, 2012
rexxx: Just going through the responses and am wondering how will naija problem get solved with comments like this above. We do not have the do it yourself altitude. Have you asked yourself actually how wipes are made. Paper rolls are actually thicker than tiolet rolls. If wipes are 200naira and you use it till a baby is two or sometimes three and you learn how to eliminate that cost.....guess one would have save something worthwhile after that period

Don't mind them
Nigerians are good at shooting down ideas from others
Imagine someone telling us it will be too hard for her baby's bottom
A damp paper towel is hard?
Don't be surprised some of the ones forming are using pages of The Sunday Punch and Ikebe super to wipe their baby
grin grin
But they won't admit to that money saving tip here grin

1 Like

Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by rexxx: 2:22am On Dec 28, 2012
Babies basically have loose stools for the first few months of life, so changing a newborn 7 times a day is not unheard of. Slowly, frequency begins to consolidate, reducing to as few as 4 diaper changes a day by four months of age.
That’s a whopping 1,470 diapers in 365 days if we use 4 diaper change a day. These cost can be reduced by using washable nappies. Cloth nappies have evolved over the years and have become easy and very convinent to use. No more pins and large towels. Find attach a pix of what it looks like now. Trainers pant is another money saver, when u are ready to potty train u start wearing the child washable trainers pant instead of the disposable ones. The disposables could be used when taking the child out of the home.

Find attached pix of washable nappy and trainers pant

Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Those are awesome rexxx, and just use a liner every use, dispose it and you can soak all re-useable nappies and they are good to go for another use(best if you have a maid/help).....we have a nappy disposal system in my province...takes all the dirty nappies and recycle with fresh ones every 3days or so(not cheap either).....I stopped using nappies cos of too much stress with constant washing **covers face**.....disposable diapers all the way cool
Re: Money Saving Tips For Our Homes by Alaanyihaji(m): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2012
Abujafood: The best money saving tip for all homes is to keep a budget and stick to it! All others na jara!
Correct idea, but lai, lai, women go say you stingy for being too strict on
following budget and frowning at impulsive purchases.I hope SHOPRITE has reached your area?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Locate My Brother's SON. / Myths And Omens About Moles(birthmarks) / Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.