Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

A Random Question For The Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Random Question For The Atheists (3812 Views)

The Atheists Test / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / To All The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:
jeez..what is it with you people n my miracle na, me being alive is a testimony, having food and a peaceful family is enough to give thanks, dats my testimony, I didnt say I have one miracle, I said I'm a living testimony..and that is of sooo many miracles...brother ko, grandpa ni. Now do you have something reasonable to say?

LMFAO

My dear atheists, we are all living testimonies, can somebody shout hallelujahgrin
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:
jeez..what is it with you people n my miracle na, me being alive is a testimony, having food and a peaceful family is enough to give thanks, dats my testimony, I didnt say I have one miracle, I said I'm a living testimony..and that is of sooo many miracles...brother ko, grandpa ni. Now do you have something reasonable to say?

So no ACTUAL miracle then..... yawn undecided
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by manmustwac(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
One of the funniest threads i have read for a loooong time. Dose the LOL in your user I.D. stsnd for Lots Of Laughter? grin grin grin Are you a born comedian grin grin grin
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
manmustwac: One of the funniest threads i have read for a loooong time. Dose the LOL in your user I.D. stsnd for Lots Of Laughter? grin grin grin Are you a born comedian grin grin grin

It should be berylLAMS, beryl Laugh At My St.up.iditygrin

Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by mazaje(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
There is nothing really like faith healing. . .It just doesn't work and is all make belief. . . .Here are some case scenarios that explains how faith healing or miracles work. . .

CASE 1:

The person prays and uses medicine side by side. Medicine heals him. So he says god healed him. The poor doctor with years of study and recommendation get no credit at all, all the credit goes to god.

CASE 2:

The person prays and the disease goes away by itself. The person then says it was god. . .Our bodies will heal some diseases with our immune system if given enough rest, food and time. God still gets the credit. . .

CASE 3:

The person's disease was psychological. By using prayer he shifts how his mind sees the world and thus the mental condition is gone. He praises god.

CASE 4:

Hypnotherapy has being proven by science that it can alleviate pain: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22917107
Prayer works in similar way. No supernatural phenomena though. Just the mind working.

CASE 5:

The preacher creates illusion of miracles by hiring actors.

CASE 6:

The person pretends to have a disease just to enjoy the status of going to the altar to praise God. . . .Being special to god is a nice ego boost.

Nothing like faith healing. . .If it works christians will not be going to hospitals. . .

5 Likes

Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
mazaje: There is nothing really like faith healing. . .It just doesn't work and is all make belief. . . .Here are some case scenarios that explains how faith healing or miracles work. . .

CASE 1:

The person prays and uses medicine side by side. Medicine heals him. So he says god healed him. The poor doctor with years of study and recommendation get no credit at all, all the credit goes to god.

CASE 2:

The person prays and the disease goes away by itself. The person then says it was god. . .Our bodies will heal some diseases with our immune system if given enough rest, food and time. God still gets the credit. . .

CASE 3:

The person's disease was psychological. By using prayer he shifts how his mind sees the world and thus the mental condition is gone. He praises god.

CASE 4:

Hypnotherapy has being proven by science that it can alleviate pain: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22917107
Prayer works in similar way. No supernatural phenomena though. Just the mind working.

CASE 5:

CASE 6:

The person pretends to have a disease just to enjoy the status of going to the altar to praise God. . . .Being special to god is a nice ego boost.

Nothing like faith healing. . .If it works christians will not be going to hospitals. . .

Best statement yet. And the ones who go by faith alone pay the price with their lives only to be castigated by other Xtians as lacking faith. Just like all those HIV patients who went off antiretrovirals following faith and dodgy pastors only to die. Then some ppl castigated them that if they had true faith they would have been healed.

1 Like

Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:

wow you are st.upid first you start a topic about miracles, and then you ask us why are we asking you about miracles. angry angry angry angry

If that is your case, then even my life is a greater miracle than yours and it is a PAGAN MIRACLE. angry angry angry angry

you xtians dont even know or experience any supernatural stuffs. you are all a bunch of play-acts. angry
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
mazaje: There is nothing really like faith healing. . .It just doesn't work and is all make belief. . . .Here are some case scenarios that explains how faith healing or miracles work. . .

CASE 1:

CASE 2:

CASE 3:

CASE 4:

CASE 5:

CASE 6:

at least a normal answer, some christians dont go to hospitals tho
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

wow you are st.upid first you start a topic about miracles, and then you ask us why are we asking you about miracles. angry angry angry angry

If that is your case, then even my life is a greater miracle than yours and it is a PAGAN MIRACLE. angry angry angry angry

you xtians dont even know or experience any supernatural stuffs. you are all a bunch of play-acts. angry
eeyah, and I tot I had found a civilised atheist. sad.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:

I AM NOT AN ATHEIST! CANT YOU READ MY NAME? angry
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:

Yeah... the ones who end uo dying suspiciously and blaming witches or generational curses for all their poor health.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by mazaje(m): 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:

Those that don't go to hospital when seriously ill mostly end up dead. . .Faith healing is a hoax. .
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Ymodulus: 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:

You the most annoying gal stu.pid gal. very annoying i pity ur children and family rubbish. maggot
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I AM NOT AN ATHEIST! CANT YOU READ MY NAME? angry
whatever
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ymodulus:

You the most annoying gal stu.pid gal. very annoying i pity ur children and family rubbish. maggot

looool..painment!..go and die, lmao.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
mazaje:

Those that don't go to hospital when seriously ill mostly end up dead. . .Faith healing is a hoax. .
and what's your proof? Did your family member die that way?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Yeah... the ones who end uo dying suspiciously and blaming witches or generational curses for all their poor health.

you can't just generalize mehn..what is wrong with you?, that you feel something is doesn't mean it is.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by mazaje(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
berylLOL:
and what's your proof? Did your family member die that way?

Nope, my family members despite being very religious all run to Europe(Germany) when they fall very sick because they are lucky they can afford the best medical care man can offer. . . .If the illness is not so serious, they stay back in Nigeria but they always chose the hospital first. They will never go to any prayer house despite all their shouts of Jesus this , Jesus that,but I know some people that went to prayer houses because they could not afford to pay huge hospital bills and ended up dead. . .Actually all the people that I know who had very serious illness and chose prayer houses instead of hospital all died . . .They are not so many but a handful . . .
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
mazaje:

Nope, my family members despite being very religious all run to Europe(Germany) when they fall very sick because they are lucky they can afford the best medical care man can offer. . . .If the illness is not so serious, they stay back in Nigeria but they always chose the hospital first. They will never go to any prayer house despite all their shouts of Jesus this , Jesus that,but I know some people that went to prayer houses because they could not afford to pay huge hospital bills and ended up dead. . .Actually all the people that I know who had very serious illness and chose prayer houses instead of hospital all died . . .They are not so many but a handful . . .

so you are talking based on just your family members and a few dead people around you right? Ok.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by wiegraf: 2:16am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
so you are talking based on just your family members and a few dead people around you right? Ok.

Do you go to hospitals, enlightened one?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Affiliated(m): 2:38am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL: eeyah, you guys are all losers, you can't answer a simple question cos you've run out of your crappy explainations, I said what is your take on miracles not MY miracle..you can't give a straight answer cos you have no answers that's why you looking for other ways to prove how brainless you all are *spits*..see how they easily resorted to insults cos they got stuck,uncivilised cowards..smh, stay here o, be waiting for all d Miracles the good Lord has done in my life..just keep watching yea, I wouldn't have to tell you, you'll see them yourselves..miserable things.

Criss Angel has walked on water. passed through glass. disappeared into thin air. defied gravity by walking on the walls of sky scrapers. levitated. His explanation is that this world we live in is an illusion and if you access some parts of your subconscious mind, you can bend this illusion to your will. You can apply that explanation to miracles too. Happy?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 9:12am On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf:

Do you go to hospitals, enlightened one?

been a year now..any problem?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

Criss Angel has walked on water. passed through glass. disappeared into thin air. defied gravity by walking on the walls of sky scrapers. levitated. His explanation is that this world we live in is an illusion and if you access some parts of your subconscious mind, you can bend this illusion to your will. You can apply that explanation to miracles too. Happy?
Hmmn..yeah, will google him up! If only you had been d first to reply..
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2012
jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/criss_angel.htm
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
you can't just generalize mehn..what is wrong with you?, that you feel something is doesn't mean it is.

That is the way it works. For someone to be ill and refuse to go to hospital is suicide. Anyone who encourages them not to go should be charged with murder.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by OlaAjia(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL: err, I just need you guys to clear something up, what's you take on miracles?? I mean, miracles happen everyday in churches after calling on God, infact I'm a living testimony..so how do you explain miracles, like is there some theory behind it we all need to know?

By implying the existence of miracles in this initial post, the OP violates a fundamental principle of logical arguments which asserts that the burden of proof rests on the 'affirmative' party. This query, as a result, amounts to a logical fallacy and addressing it is an exercise in futility; tantamount to expecting to OP to prove that there are no teacups on a saucer orbiting planet Jupiter, which can only be seen by me and my cult of followers.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Affiliated(m): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL: jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/criss_angel.htm

Its funny how when you say that you'll google him you meant you'll google what's wrong with Him. These people performing miracles are all doing the same thing but then some people have to create the we against them mentality. Anyway you asked for an explanation and that was it. All the conspiracy theorists know whats good for them
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by OlaAjia(m): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2012
Atheist:-D:

That is the way it works. For someone to be ill and refuse to go to hospital is suicide. Anyone who encourages them not to go should be charged with murder.

If the bolded above refers to sane subjects, then I disagree with it as much as I would disagree with an individual being charged for murder for encouraging a sane person to jump inside fire.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2012
OlaAjia:

If the bolded above refers to sane subjects, then I disagree with it as much as I would disagree with an individual being charged for murder for encouraging a sane person to jump inside fire.

Really. Then we will have a lot of ppl being 'encouraged' to avoid hospitals and proper treatment at risk of their life. Ppl have to be made accountable for thier actions.

Also, even sane ppl have periods where they are confused and weak and can be exploited. An ill person will clearly be less emotionally and psychologically balanced than when they are well (due to despair).
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Heatblast(m): 10:06am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL: jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/criss_angel.htm

Looool.... So this is the only thing you got from googling??, that site is the worst xtian site I've ever come accross the owners and writers are just bigots... You should check their other articles Mindblowing :/
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

Its funny how when you say that you'll google him you meant you'll google what's wrong with Him. These people performing miracles are all doing the same thing but then some people have to create the we against them mentality. Anyway you asked for an explanation and that was it. All the conspiracy theorists know whats good for them

there's a great diff between Miracles n Magic yo..and Criss is obviously a Magician, he hasnt even used his so called powers for any humanitarian deed.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2012
Heatblast:

Looool.... So this is the only thing you got from googling??, that site is the worst xtian site I've ever come accross the owners and writers are just bigots... You should check their other articles Mindblowing :/
aii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Very Rev Fr Stephen Njoku Dead? / Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? / Who Is The False Prophet Talked About In Revelation 20:10?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.