Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa (8384 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Forms New Party In America / BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Strikes In Gombe State On New Year’s Eve / FG Plans Huge New Year's Eve Party! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: i asked you. Not google. Why refer me to google? If your brain brought you this far, i'm sure it can go a little further.

I'm not your teacher and I'm not responsible for your education. I've given you enouh education in this thread so don't be lazy, even handicap people without limbs Sabi use Google.

Prove that the education money spent on you didn't go to waste.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

I'm not your teacher and I'm not responsible for your education. I've given you enouh education in this thread so don't be lazy, even handicap people without limbs Sabi use Google.

Prove that the education money spent on you didn't go to waste.
how disappionting!! Taught we were having a most interesting and prolific exchange of ideas..anyway can't blame you for running out of things to say. Nice talking to you. Thanks!!
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
It was not an exchange, it was me educating you and getting nothing but ignorance and laziness in return.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Hoodrat(m): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 7:11am On Dec 28, 2012
babapupa: It was not an exchange, it was me educating you and getting nothing but ignorance and laziness in return.

ok. Please continue educating me about why cictoria island gets flooded when it rain according to you it's because it's beneath sea level so why is'nt lower manhattan also flooded after rain?
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by ba7man(m): 7:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Symphony007: that was quite a lovely write up but ridden with massive loopholes. You claim 70% of lagos has good roads? Why does victoria island, home to many multinationals get flooded at the slightest rain fall? I guess you've forgotten so soon the rainfall of about a year ago when lagos was almost submerged in water and due to the choas the govt. Had to declare a public holiday the following day. Also you i never said lagos did'nt have an educated work force they do. But it's low. And most of them unqualified. Your corporate tax explanation was just all over the place because i need u to explain to me why a city like abia will have the same tax rate as lagos, abuja or port harcourt. Lastly you did'nt address the tout tax collectors who are killing small buisnesses all over the city of lagos.
Dude, you don't reside in Lagos so shut up!!!...My friend i intend seeing today works at the Lagos state internal revenue service and he's a graduate. He has his masters degree in the UK and he wears suits to go visit corporations and companies to encourage them to pay their tax i.e Collect tax. The touts you talk about only exist in the NURTW and the Governor has watered down their activities, he plans on making them extinct soon. What dumb Symphony is playing in your head?? You definitely don't think like James Bond.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by ba7man(m): 7:59am On Dec 28, 2012
Symphony007: ok. Please continue educating me about why cictoria island gets flooded when it rain according to you it's because it's beneath sea level so why is'nt lower manhattan also flooded after rain?
I guess Victoria Island is the only location that gets flooded in the world. Don't you watch CNN??...Pls, stop exposing your ignorance on NL.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by stantob(m): 8:24am On Dec 28, 2012
honeric01: Make sure you wear a life jacket while visiting this part of Lagos because nature is surely going to strike back at anytime

[size=2pt]Jokes o[/size] grin
Well said! Beware be warned !!
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by kingingkinging: 8:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Symphony007: that was quite a lovely write up but ridden with massive loopholes. You claim 70% of lagos has good roads? Why does victoria island, home to many multinationals get flooded at the slightest rain fall? I guess you've forgotten so soon the rainfall of about a year ago when lagos was almost submerged in water and due to the choas the govt. Had to declare a public holiday the following day. Also you i never said lagos did'nt have an educated work force they do. But it's low. And most of them unqualified. Your corporate tax explanation was just all over the place because i need u to explain to me why a city like abia will have the same tax rate as lagos, abuja or port harcourt. Lastly you did'nt address the tout tax collectors who are killing small buisnesses all over the city of lagos.

Bro, let us take one step at a time. Flooding is not synonimous to bad road. So, you dont have any point there. 2. The 2011 fload you talked about could have happened any where that is below the sea level. 3. There were floads every where in Nigeria from East to South south to the North this year in Nigeria but not in Lagos remember, so there is a part of such that is natural but in all, where good governance is, the casualty rate or level will be low unlike where you would hear of 20, 40 people being declared dead or missing because of flood, in all these, I respect LASG in security of life and property.
About tax collection, you don't know much. Collecting levies by local govt people from market women, is a different thing from tax. Nobody collects PAYE or WHT like that, I am sure you are talking about fines and levies.

Take it or leave it, LASG is the bomb.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by mapet: 9:09am On Dec 28, 2012
Lots of falacies and for someone who alluded to inadequate educated workforce.....what an irony
veraponpo:

Bros . You dont know much about what you are saying.

You just committed fallacies up there.

You goofed.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by mapet: 9:38am On Dec 28, 2012
@Symphony007

1. It is very clear that you're just arguing blindly, ignorantly and your "agidi" is ridiculous

2. You don't live in Nigeria, obviously, yet you want to make factual statements and you are not equipped with information

3. Just to let you know, my office is in VI, so I can tell you the story of the topography, infrastructure and geography of VI

4. It is rediculus that you try to draw a nexus between the flooding of VI roads with nature of the roads. It is share ignorance you recklessly displayed. Virtually all the major streets in VI have very good and new roads. These roads have been constructed both by the Lagos State government and the private sector. The telecoms companies supported Lagos in reconstructed Saka Tinubu, Eko Hotel assited in reconstructing Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Shoprite constructed many streets on Oniru, GTBank, UBA and some banks constructed Oyin jolayemi, Zenith Bank Constructed Ajose Adeogun..... even my company reconstructed the street where our corporate head office resides in. Please if anybody is deceiving you, try not to deceive yourself.

5. Fact is that the major flooding experience regularly in Lagos as with many parts of the world is as a result of the effects of the global warming, Lagos being under the Sea-level so we can only manage it. It is still work in progress as well as we need to get our drainage system right. But let's paint some pictures clearly. The flooding on Ahmadu Bello way had virtually disappeared as the root cause was discovered. There was a massive blockage in the channel at the Naval Dockyard and It took the ingenuity of a Director General(who is late now )in the ministry of environment to solve the problem. This man had the network diagram of the proposed drainage system dating back as fair as 1940s. They were able to trace the blockage to the NAval Dockyard. It also took the assistance of Ilaje divers to go deep into the water to go remove the blockage. Do you know that residents of Ahmadu Bello way and adjoning environs wrote a commendation letter to the ministry of environment for the feat.

6. I don't know what you mean by "due to chaos in govt"....but this statement is lame.

7. I am not aware that Lagos State goverment declared public holiday because of flood....are you for real?

8. When you make frivolous statements, you'd better back it up with veritable facts. Where did you get your "low educated work force" idea of Lagos from?

9. A city like Abia have the same tax rate like Lagos Mr. Man, your share ignorance is beffudling. The basis of tax rates and stuffs have their root in the state tax laws. Whatever reasons they adduce to it, if you're not satisfied, then head to court.

10. Please stop peddling stupid and ridiculous lies. THERE IS NO TOUT COLLECTING TAXES ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT . Internally Generated Revenue is one of the biggest sources of income for the state government and you think they will leave that to touts It will be unbelievable that you can't figure that out. There are standard ways Lagos State government collect their taxes and revenues. There are state approved auditors and consultants that assist in this regard. While I'm not even interested in the alledged BBC documentary, which I suspect you did not understand, "Touts" could be collecting their Union revenues, that has nothing to do with the state government

Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by mapet: 9:44am On Dec 28, 2012
It is possibe. Ahmadu Bellow way as I have explained had a blockage...... besides we've seen the heavy flooding in US states between 2011 to 2012...should we attribute that to "chaos in govt"
Symphony007: ahmadu bello way, victoria island is below sea level? And how comes the hudson river does'nt flood lower manhattan since according to your geographical knowledge it's suppose to be below sea level.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 10:38am On Dec 28, 2012
;Di see the lagosians are out in full force because i'm calling that baboon face called fashola for what he is. All the alerged development in lagos is a fantasy, a mirage, so no matter how much you quote articles for me you'll never change my view of your crummy little city!! Ok..i'm waiting for the hail of fury for you guys!!
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by ba7man(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Symphony007: ;Di see the lagosians are out in full force because i'm calling that baboon face called fashola for what he is. All the alerged development in lagos is a fantasy, a mirage, so no matter how much you quote articles for me you'll never change my view of your crummy little city!! Ok..i'm waiting for the hail of fury for you guys!!
You must really think highly of yourself. Who told u they are tryin to change how you feel?? What do u have to offer?? Except criticism?? Who gives a sh*t what u think??. You probably never expected to leave the shores of this country nd when u finally did, you must have started beliving the sun rose and set on you arse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Blocks Aso Drive, Rides In Convoy Of Over 30 Cars (watch Video) / Return Nnamdi Kanu To Jail In 7 Days Igbos Tells Judge / Trader Moni: FG Empowers 30,000 Petty Traders In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.