Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Osaze Odemwinge Bids National Team Farewell. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwinge Bids National Team Farewell. (803 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwinge Bids National Team Farewell. by yokiti: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Osaze Odemwingie Bids National Team
Farewell.

Osaze Odemwingie’s recent Twitter rant at
coach Stephen Keshi and members of the
Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) did not
end as expected as the player yesterday
directed his fury at former Nigerian
international and Super Sport soccer pundit, Victor Ikpeba, saying the latter lacked ‘coaching talent.’

According to Osaze via his twitter handle
“@OdemwingieP: If u had coaching talent u would at least be one by now. That means you don’t know much about the game.

Means don’t be a (sic) adviser to FF.” Already, a top NFF official has told reporters that Osaze would not go unpunished for his Twitter rants. He said the case will be referred to the federation’s disciplinary committee to investigate and make recommendations to the executive committee for the next line of action.

The official also disclosed that the football
federation will make a statement on the
matter soon. Meanwhile, the player at the centre of the whole drama may have bid farewell to the national team as he said;

“It is clear now that my days with the Super Eagles are over as I expected to be left out of the ANC squad because we have had a few issues before. I played a very good 10 years from 2002 to 2012 but I don’t want to be with a coach who doesn’t want me.

I still love my country and care about the football but I already wasn’t feeling the way I would have liked to feel. Last month I spoke with Keshi because I didn’t play in a few games with the national team and he said my body language didn’t show that I wanted to play for the team but body language for the Nigerian coach is that you have to be calling him all the time and greeting him but for me football is an official thing.”

Re: Osaze Odemwinge Bids National Team Farewell. by yokiti: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Osaze Odemwinge Bids National Team Farewell. by Rossikk(m): 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
Enough of the Odemwingie threads now. He's gone. Finish. The Super Eagles Story Continues.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Tb Joshua Saying About Afcon Final Match? / Lionel Messi Has Surpassed The Legendary Duo Maradona And Pele / FC Bayern VS FC Barcelona, 2-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.