Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation (2304 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Can’t Take Us To Promise Land, Nigeria Will Break Up / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan / The Gap Theory And The Pre-Adamic World Of Genesis 1:1-2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation by God2man(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
It is the ability to tolerate delay.

The wife of the G.O of a popular church was barren for 15yrs, and when people that having the same problem came to his church, they would always put to bed. This same man of God eventually put to bed a bouncing baby boy after passing through a rigourous period of criticsm, mockings, disgrace for about 15yrs. He prayed for people and they gave testimonies but he could not give any testimony. It is like somebody plucking fruits from a mango tree but could not taste from the fruit. What an irony!

Jesus never promised us a problem free life, he said: we will have tribulation in this life, he made another counter promise: we should rejoice because he has overcome the world.

Recently, i watched another version of the film " Pilgrim Progress" written by the late John Bunyan. This one is different from the old film of the "Pilgrim Progress", they made it better and more interesting. The christian encountered various confrontations, attacks, discouragement, deception, and so on. The film is enough to explain what the christian life is all about. If you are a christian and you want to make heaven, i recommend this NEW film or a dream(it was actually a divine dream) written by the late John bunyan many years ago for you to watch.

The Bible will never leave us in the dark on what we are to face on our journey to the celestial city.
Joseph was a perfect example. Joseph was 17yrs old when he dreamed about his greatness, the dream was strange, he made a terrible mistake of revealing his dream to his brethren and they hated him the more. His brethren made life diifficult for him, infact, they wanted to kill him, it was God that saved him.

In Genesis 41:46a " And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh King of Egypt"
Joseph became the prime minister in Egypt at the age of 30. Mathematically, Joseph was in Egypt for 13yrs. It means that before the dream of Joseph could manifest it took more than 13yrs.

Ladies and gentlemen, delay is not denial.God will never come too late. In his own appointed time, he wiil surely bring those promises to fulfiiment. The question is: are you willing to wait? Do you have the patience? Can you endure the period of pains and hardship? The period when satan is expecting us to curse God and die, like the wife of Job told him to curse God and die. Let's read, Job 2:9 "Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? Curse God and die"

Brethren in the Lord, this is not the period of cursing God, it is not the time to become bitter against parents, children, friends or against the Government of Nigeria. It is not the time to backslide and become lukewarm towards the things of God.
We are not expected to confess negatively, by saying, "things are not going to get better" nothing works for me" " i don't think prayer will some my problem, i need to see the herbalist" " nobody cares"

What you see is what you get. If you say what you see, you will get it. What is faith? Hebrew 11:1 " Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

God is expecting you to say good things about yourself. Let the weak say i am strong.

This is the time to hear from God on what to do. I believe the holyspirt will comfort you in the period of hardship. What you need to do is to jump up and start praising the Lord like Paul and silas did inside the prison. When you begin to do that you are disgracing the devil. God will surely do something about your case.

Why the delay? Deuteronomy 8:2 " And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know WHAT WAS IN THINE HEART, WHETHER THOU WOULDEST KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, OR NO"

James 1:2-4 " My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
BUT LET PATIENCE HAVE HER PERFECT WORK, THAT YE MAY BE PERFECT AND ENTIRE, WANTING NOTHING"

Patience does not mean doing nothing, it means we need to continue to endure and tolerate the hardship by doing the will of the Lord more than ever before, oh! Yes, you have done what you are suppose to do, but you need to remain focus and constitent in your walk with the Lord. The breakthrough is near. Pray hard. Ask for his mercy. Sacrifice more. Praise him. Worship God.

Hear this: 1 Corinthian 10:13 " There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is FAITHFUL, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able: but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it"

Heaven will always back you when you are in the centre of God's will. If you cover your sins, and you refuse to forsake them then your heaven will remain close. Proverb 28:13 " He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy"

God bless you.

God2man.

4 Likes

Re: Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation by erniok(m): 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Thank you so much. This is like pouring water on a dry and thirsty ground. Thank you once again.
Re: Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation by Goshen360(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
Edifying! Abraham staggered not at the promises of God through unbelief.
Re: Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation by Snowwy: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
@God2man,
May the Lord bless you for this post. This can only be from God.
Re: Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation by seyibrown(f): 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Timely and re-assuring! Thanks! smiley smiley
Re: Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation by Joagbaje(m): 6:53am On Dec 28, 2012
I've heard some people change their name from PATIENCE thinking that's the reason for their suffering. Patience is a virtue not a weakness. God bless you G2M

(1) (Reply)

The God Of Isreal Not The Same As The God Of Islam / The Benefits Of The Spirit Of Discernment / Is It Better To Be Honest And Poor Or Dishonest And Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.