Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport (12463 Views)

"Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" / Hundreds Throng Enugu Airport To Pay Respect To Chukwumerije. Picture. / APC Alarmed By Alleged Plan To Air “Damaging” Amaechi Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by Lovetinz(m): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
DANILSA:

YOU GUYS GOT ME ROLLING grin grin grin grin grin grin

Me too grin
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by confusion247(m): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=ak47mann]

According to the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu who confirmed the arrest said when the vehicle was searched by the operatives, some items believed to be dangerous fireworks contained in two cartons, one packet of celebration thunder of ten shots candle were discovered in the vehicle.
More details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/four-arrested-over-alleged-plan-to-bomb-enugu-airport/
[/quote
Nigerian police is a disgrace.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by vanstanzy(m): 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Troll: [size=16pt] Moderators! This Thread Should Be Moved To The Jokes Section With Immediate Effect!!! angry grin tongue [/size]

U just spoke my mind now. How did it happen that a joke be reported in politics section?
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by Stalemate(m): 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jes passing by and decided to check in on you guys... Or hw una take see am? Fire crackers believed to be.... Short of words. embarassed
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by doyinmolah: 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
O mase oooooo, bombing has now become our culture
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by bigx(m): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
No be knockout dem carry?
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by koikoikoi: 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
What comes around goes around.NEMESIS
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by ogb5(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
explosive ordinance team of the police arrest 4 people with firecrackers believing firecrackers to be bombs.

then the enugu state pro breaks the silly news to the public.

if trained police explosive ordinance team does not know the difference between fire crackers and bomb and police state pro can not identify a silly report then they all deserve to be shot.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by brownlord: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nonsense why are the names always withheld, I just pitty this cursed country
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by babymama3: 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
brownlord: Nonsense why are the names always withheld, I just pitty this cursed country

That tells you they have no names
It is all a made up story
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by phreddie(m): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Very sad 2 know that diz gr8 country nigeria is taking the path that somalia took. God help us!
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by TwinTiger: 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Deep down in ur heart you know I'm right..... grin
Ndi eke!/Ekelebe...laugh no gree me.So what is Enugu police doing to all these cultists' killings @ Enugu if they are so dedicated to duty.Fireworks suspected to be explosives....brothers follow me laugh abeg. grin

1 Like

Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by caesaraba(m): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
LWKMD! POOOLICE! Na on a banger chasing thingz now abi?
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by brownlord: 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
baby_mama:

That tells you they have no names
It is all a made up story

Bro I dn tire for this country
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by Pringozie02(m): 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pls can some one tell me what is it with all dis frist and second 2 comment things
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by Ogojohn(m): 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
WHEN HAS FIRE CRACKERS AND KNOCK OUT BECAME BOMB. NIGERIAN POLICE. NA YOU BIKO
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by innokings: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
na wo 4 najia may God help us.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by danjalingo: 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=Troll][size=16pt] Moderators! This Thread Should Be Moved To The Jokes Section With Immediate Effect!!!

wallah!
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by kelvincoll(m): 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Silly f00ls... So our policemen do not know the difference between knock-outs and bomb... Abi??

cheesy cheesy

Thunder fire all of them!!!!

Still on 4th Position, thank God ooo

ehmmmmmm...... kindly remind me again what caused the fire outbreak dat injured over 40 persons and destroyed property worth millions of naira @ Jankara somewhere on lagos island days back?
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by poyet(m): 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Una sure say no be xmas fireworks dem arrest d suspects wit? Anyway, it's a gud one.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by 9free(m): 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pringozie02: Pls can some one tell me what is it with all dis frist and second 2 comment things
It means you are too daft and unknowledgeable to comprehend and comment based on the OP's post.
Merry Xmas........
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by killuminati(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ibo(eegbo)people wan BOMoB airport now nobody here dey criticize, if to say na... Boko boy now, dem mama go don invade this thread wit 'religion of dis n dat'. FUUCCKk DAT!!!.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by onyeego(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Am not surprised, was it not d same Nigeria police that arrested a goat for armed robbery sometime ago grin

#sent from my auto trans wheelbarrow
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by Wuse2(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Poiice always showing their foolishness,here in abuja SARS national HQ was attack and BH members was released. Only to arrest people wit fireworks.police see waitin una dey do una self,disgrace
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by tnktosin(m): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
killuminati: Ibo(eegbo)people wan BOMoB airport now nobody here dey criticize, if to say na... Boko boy now, dem mama go don invade this thread wit 'religion of dis n dat'. FUUCCKk DAT!!!.
Shey na fireworks abi knockouts bokoboys dey carry? 4 ur mind nw u don talk sense.

1 Like

Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by blocker: 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
grin grin Nollywood!!! Call Mr. Ibu, Okey Bakassi I have two leads for them in "PolicE Recruit Part 3".I no fit laff.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by Pringozie02(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
9free:
It means you are too daft and unknowledgeable to comprehend and comment based on the OP's post.
Merry Xmas........
u r such a mad man u think u can just insult anybody d way u wnt,animal
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by chacha3(f): 12:26am On Dec 28, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by naptu2: 1:33am On Dec 28, 2012
goldfish80: So apperently these guys they caught were about to BOMB Enugu airport with fire crackers απϑ canissters? lmao amazing!!!on another note; I chringed abit when I read that †ђξ Lagos state governor has banned †ђξ use of fire crackers, but the same Government some weeks ago blastered a few crackers themselves at †ђξ opening απϑ closing ceremony of the national sports festival. Facking Hypo-crites..!

1) It wasn't the Lagos State Government that banned the indiscriminate and unauthorised use of fireworks. The Federal Government banned the indiscriminate and unauthorised use of fireworks since 1984/85. Since then, from time to time, various state governments, inspectors-general of police and commissioners of police have reminded people about the ban (for example, in recent weeks the Enugu State Commissioner of Police, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and the Joint Task Force against Boko Haram have reminded citizens about the ban).

2a) Indiscriminate use: This refers to the areas where fireworks can be used. It should not be used in an enclosed environment, it should not be used near flammable substances, etc.

2b) Unauthorised use: Before using fireworks, you are expected to get permission from the government. There are also people who are licensed to use fireworks. The license states the conditions in which fireworks can be used and the level of training the individual should have before he is allowed to handle fireworks.

The decree was enacted in 84/85 and was enforced briefly, but it has largely been ignored since then (apart from the usual announcements every december). Importation of fireworks into Nigeria is even illegal (except in some specific cases).
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by naptu2: 1:48am On Dec 28, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1138157/police-ban-knock-out-season/1

naptu2: Examples of the reason for the ban.

1) In the late '80s or early '90s there was commotion in Central Lagos when a fireworks depot caught fire.

Similarly, in the 1980s, NTA News regularly showed images of Chinese fireworks factories that had caught fire.

2) The wife of the musician, Fatai Rolling Dollar, died from injuries sustained when she was hit by fireworks that had been thrown into their house.

3) There's a popular boys secondary school in Lagos which is beside a popular girls secondary school. On the last day of school before christmas, students of the boys school usually attack the girls school with fireworks. However, one year, the tradition ended earlier than usual when fireworks were mistakenly thrown underneath a peugeot 504 car, which set the car on fire.

4) Two years ago there was a documentary on STV that showed a woman who was campaigning that fireworks should be banned. Her son lost two fingers when, in response to a dare, he held a stick of banger as it exploded. They also showed other children who had lost fingers from the practice.

5) In the early 2000s, armed robbers attacked a place on Lagos mainland using toy guns and banger sticks.

6) Somewhere on Lagos Mainland I saw youths attack a house with banger. I have never seen such a coordinated fireworks attack in my life! One resident of the building was able to escape via a window. He came back with policemen, but by then the youths had vanished.

And there are many more such examples. In recent days, residents of Maiduguri and other cities of the north have reported on nairaland that the ban against fireworks is being strictly enforced because of the fear of boko haram.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by naptu2: 1:52am On Dec 28, 2012
Jakumo: Fireworks displays, when left in the hands of trained and properly accredited pyrotechnic professionals, can be quite spectacular, and can be great family entertainment, IF all safety measures are rigorously followed by the technicians. America's annual New Year and July 4th celebrations, and Guy Fawkes night in the UK, are examples of safe, authorized fireworks displays, when crowds gather to admire the breathtaking patterns of color lighting the night sky, hundreds of feet above the ground

For much of the Nigerian public, however, fireworks are equated with M80-style bangers that only explode with a deafening blast, do NOT light up the sky, and are so phucking loud that only the sick monkeys who throw them about can be certain that the explosions are not gunfire or grenade bursts. Anyone found tossing lit M80 bangers should be arrested and deep-sixed in jail, or, alternatively shot dead by the nearest Good Samaritan, under the pretext that the noise-makers were mistaken for armed robbers.
Re: Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport by initiator(m): 1:52am On Dec 28, 2012
This news is ludicrous

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan'll Declare A Marshal Plan To Rebuild North East When Re-elected- Mu’azu / Dapchi: CAN Calls For Release Of Christian Girl, Blames Buhari For Not Acting / Strange Helicopter Found In Yoruba Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.