Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 (19311 Views)

"Phone Numbers May Disappear In 2016" / Tecno Partners With Blackberry On BBM For Android Application / Browse With Your Blackberry On Pc As Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by oyedun82(m): 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
mj: The only reason while people feel BB10 will fail is because they have not taking time to look into it features, BB10 is faster than any smartphone out there in browsing, Comparison has be made with Iphone 5, Samsung S3, Samsung tried sha but BB was still faster. Also BB10 has d HUB program which is my favorite, Multitasking, do you know in BB10 you can have two App words running side by side doing different things, the camera is mad, I have not seen anything like that, Back in time Camera - Camera wit time shift, that's magical. I'll kip updating you about BB10. I'm really not a fan of BB but I'm a fan of BB10, I can't wait for it to be release January 30th.
see ya mouth! You don use the phone before? Phone wey neva come out
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by yollychika(f): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
In naija bb has cum 2 stay oooooo....every tom dick n harry dey operate bb msstttccchheeeewwwwww....
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by confusion247(m): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
kodebin: Why do peeps hate BB this Much.. Y'all saying Androids, Iphones and d Like,, How much does it cost 2 maintain internet for a month; Sumfn like 7 to 8k Right?? Most peeps can't afford this. This is still a developing country where internet service is high compared 2 advanced countries..

I Pay 1500 and am online for a month buh its worth it, atleast for the sake of students and not-well-to-do peeps.. If only Androids and Iphones exists, Can e'rybody own one.. You buy an Iphone for #120k or so and u still pay 8k per month in order 2 be online.. BB saves money peeps.. It aint all bout pinging.. I for example love being online as per research and heavy downloads, Can I do so with an Android or Iphone?? Nope.. Cuz downloading 30GB of data with an android will cost about 50k.. Its all about choice peeps..

The only Downside BB xperience is peeps in africa do buy fairly used always which do not promote sales for the RIM Company..

Y'all talking bout Nokia symbian vs BB.. How many apps does nokia run at a time that u guys are talking about battery life.. BB runs whatsapp,BBM,2go,operamini,ucweb,web browser,emails,instant messengers at once and still retain its battery life at least to some extent.. Download only Whatsapp on ur nokia and Yo battery starts singing songs..

For those saying u Can use BB subscription on other devices,, its only Airtel where u get only 1GB which means nufn compared to a heavy data user.. MTN BIS can be used buh only with special VPN softwares on PC which u still have 2 pay for the service..

All in All,, BB is a great device.. For communication and Economy.. Androids and Iphones:Sleek and strictly for the Rich..

Yo Choice..
You have said the simple truth. Soon people will come to terms with difficulties in buying and using fairly used BB. I don't see RIM going into coolers because it will take Africa more than ten years to come for 10% population to afford IPHONE, Samsung smartphones etc. With the price of new BB Phones coming drastically down, People will soon go for it and go less for fairly used ones.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by babestella: 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
I will buy RIM in 2013, watch out and say Amen
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by jedisco(m): 11:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
sushieater: what's not true? oga, get your facts right before you start this RAY CHARLES arguement you want to start..And oh! it's no longer 80 million, it's now 79 million

Why not start by providing proof of what you said that 48 out of the 50 are second hand.

It doesn't take rocket science to see that if BB takes about 50% of our smartphone market, then they should lead in both new and second hand phones bought especially when the enthusiasm for it is very much alive.
I've seen much more people with new BBs than androids in the recent past.

And for your 79 million talk, I hope you saw the 'about' I put and I also hope you know the meaning.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Prexzi(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Baba if God neva blex u with d fruit of Blackberry, no mean say u gat talk shit against it o... Meah stil dey pray 4 my own o
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by cupid4ig(m): 1:25am On Dec 28, 2012
BB all the way and BB10 #ibelieve. Haters gonna hate. All of una shouting android and iphone are using Airtel bis in them why DON'T u go and form ur big boy and girls and pay sub 250mb for 1200 and them come back in a month and tell uis how far. Stupid isheep and android bandwagons. Na only for nl una dey raise shoulders up ediots Smh

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by daryoor(m): 2:09am On Dec 28, 2012
rim should know by now that that american market belongs to apple and samsung and they cant do noting to change that, their only hope is to focus on other regions where they are appreciated, Basically asia and africa. And the must reduce price cause money no dey africa.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Telez(m): 5:02am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by azpekuliar: 5:43am On Dec 28, 2012
cupid4ig: BB all the way and BB10 #ibelieve. Haters gonna hate. All of una shouting android and iphone are using Airtel bis in them why DON'T u go and form ur big boy and girls and pay sub 250mb for 1200 and them come back in a month and tell uis how far. Stupid isheep and android bandwagons. Na only for nl una dey raise shoulders up ediots Smh

See this National oku kor! Na me say make you no fit afford iPhone? Yes I dey use Airtel BIS with my iPhone, if e dey pain u, go suck trailer exhaust!
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by softtouch2(m): 6:59am On Dec 28, 2012
BB10 may turn the fortune of RIM. The launch may either made or marred RIM. But the competition from RIM is coming rather very late.
Lesson Learn:
Always look above your comfort-zone. (RIM has been sitting in her comfort-zone for toooooo long, seeing no reason for improvement)
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by meforkene(m): 7:15am On Dec 28, 2012
All u bb haters can cry all u want.truth is there's no other phone that is as compatible with bb with nigerian networks..nigerians have this mentality of running down things that are common..my bb does everything for me..I don't care about ur 1500megapixels..I be photographer..and plenty other things I'll never need.I just want internet n communication..simple!
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Iykemmanuel(m): 7:15am On Dec 28, 2012
Dats true man, d so called bb10 will keep offerin d same old technology in use in all their phones. HTC, samsung, sony, lg nd iphone hav over powered them since RIM can't upgrade their technology den i have no problem wit dem go extinct:-) grin[color=#990000][/color] tongue
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by jude33084(m): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2012
mazinaija: Blackberry remains the best

I used to say that mate until I had iphone 3G aŋԂ now iphone 4. BB is just another phone now sorry about that wink

I still use it though grin
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by meforkene(m): 7:27am On Dec 28, 2012
No doubt..iphone is fine and very mature but all my friends that use iphones just carry it around and front..but when u look tru d phone they always have excuses..,"abeg u no fit browse o money no dey am,..or dat app I never update am"..nonsense!blackberry for nigeria?PERFECT

1 Like

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Abagworo(m): 7:30am On Dec 28, 2012
I think this report is only about US market and not world market. Blackberry is dead in the US. It controls up to 90% of smartphone market in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by luluosas(m): 7:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Who wants to join me in a one minute moment of silence for RIM? It came, it saw. . .and got conquered. lipsrsealed

Hopefully this will finally put an end to all the yeye Blackberry vs this phone threads common on this section. Reality is when we are talking phones. . .Please, please BB users should stop embarrasing themselves by bringing Blackberry into the mix.
grin grin
You are wrong. Remember, it is not over until is it over. RIM may bounce back big time. Don't underestimate your opponent until he finally dead. In as much as RIM is breathing, there's hope it can survive. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by passion007: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2012
mj: The only reason while people feel BB10 will fail is because they have not taking time to look into it features, BB10 is faster than any smartphone out there in browsing, Comparison has be made with Iphone 5, Samsung S3, Samsung tried sha but BB was still faster. Also BB10 has d HUB program which is my favorite, Multitasking, do you know in BB10 you can have two App words running side by side doing different things, the camera is mad, I have not seen anything like that, Back in time Camera - Camera wit time shift, that's magical. I'll kip updating you about BB10. I'm really not a fan of BB but I'm a fan of BB10, I can't wait for it to be release January 30th.
These features you are raving about are so last year... Multitasking has been around since Nokia's heyday. Wanna see a mad camera? Try the Nokia N8 which is so 2 years ago, or the Lumia 920 with the pure view perks. Wanna see a feature-rich camera? Try the Nexus 4 or any device running Android 4.2.1. Blackberry is dying, that's how we saw the demise of Web OS, Symbian. Currently, they have <2% market share in the most revelant mobile market-USA. Rest in pieces, RIM, you had a good run! We will remember you with nostalgic affection the same way we remember Windows 98, the monochrome TV, the dialup modem... grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by luluosas(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2012
cupid4ig: BB all the way and BB10 #ibelieve. Haters gonna hate. All of una shouting android and iphone are using Airtel bis in them why DON'T u go and form ur big boy and girls and pay sub 250mb for 1200 and them come back in a month and tell uis how far. Stupid isheep and android bandwagons. Na only for nl una dey raise shoulders up ediots Smh
I have been looking for avenue to say the exact words of yours here. That is the bitter truth and some iPhone/iPad/Android users are not even ashamed to be flashing their gadgets while the truth is that, they are ALL subscribing to the same BB plan on their high-tech gadgets.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by victord1st: 7:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Teenage Money: Didnt bother reading the shit...

Too lenghty...

often said that if u wanna hide any info from a blk man put it in written words....our youths must learn to read.
BB is just over rated nd btw why wud i pay for bbserv when i hav the likes of skype etc on my smartfone.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by meforkene(m): 7:53am On Dec 28, 2012
If you are in nigeria and u r looking at that us market stats..pls have a rethink..global credit crunch did not affect nigeria if u remember.BB has 95% of smartphone usage in nigeria..biko enough of ur talk.if u hate bb stop using it and leave it the hell alone.why make a fuss?
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2012
embarassedbut I just bought my BB10 with 5yrs warranty
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by adconline(m): 8:23am On Dec 28, 2012
jedisco: The last time I checked, BBs were still the most popular smartphones in Nigeria with over 50% market share.
It still seems alot of you folks do not understand that variety is the spice of life.

BTW, I don't use one.

Nigeria doesn't count. Maybe one of the biggest markets for used BB phones not new BBs. RIM makes money from new products. Provide numbers to back up your claim.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by passion007: 8:26am On Dec 28, 2012
meforkene: If you are in nigeria and u r looking at that us market stats..pls have a rethink..global credit crunch did not affect nigeria if u remember.BB has 95% of smartphone usage in nigeria..biko enough of ur talk.if u hate bb stop using it and leave it the hell alone.why make a fuss?
shocked shocked shocked
BB has ninety gini of gini in Nigeria?
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by adconline(m): 8:27am On Dec 28, 2012
meforkene: If you are in nigeria and u r looking at that us market stats..pls have a rethink..global credit crunch did not affect nigeria if u remember.BB has 95% of smartphone usage in nigeria..biko enough of ur talk.if u hate bb stop using it and leave it the hell alone.why make a fuss?

Keep displaying your naïveté and sophiscated ignorance. Nigeria does not count !
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Imyourex(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2012
Abeg guys no shaking, Na d new one The thing go affect. UK Used ones still full Computer Village
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by sniperwolf(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2012
RIM really needs this Research to stay alive.... The smartphone world is stiff and I don't see any thing in the future for RIM
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by drumosbite: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Even if it goes down in other countries, trust 9ja,  has come to stay......with its BBM, its †ђξ fastest, most creative chat platform common to nigerians.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by jedisco(m): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2012
adconline:

Nigeria doesn't count. Maybe one of the biggest markets for used BB phones not new BBs. RIM makes money from new products. Provide numbers to back up your claim.

Why not provide proof for the trash you put up there. We have a rapidly expanding feature phone and smartphone market just like most of Africa and Asia where BBs are still popular.

I've seen much more people buying new BBs than I've seen buying androids or iPhones.

Let me start by asking you what market you think counts? As of the time symbian was in dominance, they were almost non-existent in the US.

Nigeria has over 5 million smartphone users. Do you know that's about the population of alot of countries in Europe? Have you bothered to ask yourself the number of smartphone users in most European countries?

Even iPhones are almost non-existent in most parts of Asia and just launched in China recently for the very first time.

What I'm trying to say is that although they are important, Europe and America do not constitute the world.

And for starters, why not tell me the number of new phones sold by RIM in the last quarter and compare that to other non-samsung android OEMs. You can also compare their profit margins.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by adconline(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2012
jedisco:

Why not provide proof for the trash you put up there. We have a rapidly expanding feature phone and smartphone market just like most of Africa and Asia where BBs are still popular.

I've seen much more people buying new BBs than I've seen buying androids or iPhones.

Let me start by asking you what market you think counts? As of the time symbian was in dominance, they were almost non-existent in the US.

Nigeria has over 5 million smartphone users. Do you know that's about the population of alot of countries in Europe? Have you bothered to ask yourself the number of smartphone users in most European countries?

Even iPhones are almost non-existent in most parts of Asia and just launched in China recently for the very first time.

What I'm trying to say is that although they are important, Europe and America do not constitute the world.

And for starters, why not tell me the number of new phones sold by RIM in the last quarter and compare that to other non-samsung android OEMs. You can also compare their profit margins.

Educating an ignorant mind!
BB global users: 78million
Naija BB users: 2 million
Naija BB market share: 2.7%
Half of BB users in Naija bought them used
How can 2.7% sustain RIM when other big markets in EU and America which account for above
60% are not doing OK?
RIM just opened shop in Naija a couple of months ago , if Naija is such a huge market they could have done it several years ago.

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21567977-its-devices-are-still-popular-there-africa-wont-save-rim-blackberry-babes

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp-tech-desk/blog.html?b=business.financialpost.com/2012/12/20/rim-results-top-analyst-expectations-as-global-subscriber-base-declines
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2012
The only thing that can kill/face-out blackberry in Nig is only when internet subscription becomes very, very affordable in this country. Otherwise Nig is not included in that prediction.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by jedisco(m): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2012
adconline:

Educating an ignorant mind!
BB global users: 78million
Naija BB users: 2 million
Naija BB market share: 2.7%
Half of BB users in Naija bought them used
How can 2.7% sustain RIM when other big markets in EU and America which account for above
60% are not doing OK?
RIM just opened shop in Naija a couple of months ago , if Naija is such a huge market they could have done it several years ago.

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21567977-its-devices-are-still-popular-there-africa-wont-save-rim-blackberry-babes

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp-tech-desk/blog.html?b=business.financialpost.com/2012/12/20/rim-results-top-analyst-expectations-as-global-subscriber-base-declines

I don't know how you managed to get everything in your post wrong or maybe you just love pulling numbers from your anus.

1. Nigeria has well over 2 million BB users.
2. Half of BB users here buy them used? Please provide proof for this or throw it into the dustbin where you picked it from.
3.BBs are not to popular in Europe and America but are still very popular in Asia and Africa which is still a very significant market.
4. Following your logic, Apple just launched its first iPhone in China. If China was a huge market, they would have done that several years ago.
FYI China currently has the most smartphone users in the world..

Now you've seen your post was baseless, why not tell us the number of smartphones LG, Motorola, Sony Erickson and the whole lot of non-samsung OEMs sold in the last quarter and you would see that RIM are just as likely as they are to survive.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked / FG Again Extends NIN Deadline By 8 Weeks / Official Updated PA Google Apps For All Rom's [4.4.x]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.