Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

The God Who Sees The Future - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Who Sees The Future (948 Views)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The God Who Sees The Future by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
In the bible, god is described as all powerful and all knowing, infact he can see the future. So we can fairly conclude that god was quite aware that the following things would happen: human beings were going to sin greatly, he would be grieved by that, he was going to regret creating them. But can you imagine?! He still goes on to create them!
Please what is the sense in this?
I mean what's the point of seeing the future when you can do nothing about it?
Why couldn't he even do something?

What makes even less sense is that after killing all the people on the earth, he still goes on to raise a mass of people as sinful as the previous one.

If a man marries a woman who he is certain would die in a few months, she dies and he starts crying and regretting would you not call him foolish? More so if he marries another woman who is in the exact condition his previous wife found herself to be?

So please my dear Christians, do some thinking for me and answer the questions mentioned above?

1 Like

Re: The God Who Sees The Future by aletheia(m): 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
inurmind: In the bible, god is described as all powerful and all knowing, infact he can see the future. So we can fairly conclude that god was quite aware that the following things would happen: human beings were going to sin greatly, he would be grieved by that, he was going to regret creating them. But can you imagine?! He still goes on to create them!
Please what is the sense in this?

I mean what's the point of seeing the future when you can do nothing about it?
^
He did something about it.

inurmind:
What makes even less sense is that after killing all the people on the earth, he still goes on to raise a mass of people as sinful as the previous one.

If a man marries a woman who he is certain would die in a few months, she dies and he starts crying and regretting would you not call him foolish? More so if he marries another woman who is in the exact condition his previous wife found herself to be?

So please my dear Christians, do some thinking for me and answer the questions mentioned above?
^
You have no understanding or experience of love. Think of another example / analogy
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
aletheia:
^

^
You have no understanding or experience of love. Think of another example / analogy

Funny how you said he did something about it, then you immediately say I have no understanding or experienced of love.
God drowned all those people including innocent animals, and you are telling me he loved them. The only time I heard of such a love was when I watched a documentary of a serial killer who killed all and later ate all the victims he "loved".
You are right, I have definitely never experienced suchgrin

And if you are using my analogy as your reference, well didn't you see the part where I mentioned regret? How can you love, then regret loving, then love what you regretted loving?
Sounds like an unstable human being to me.
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by aletheia(m): 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
inurmind: How can you love, then regret loving, then love what you regretted loving?
Sounds like an unstable human being to me.
^
You prove my point. . .
aletheia:
You have no understanding or experience of love.
Try harder.

inurmind:
Funny how you said he did something about it, then you immediately say I have no understanding or experienced of love.
^
Try to maintain some coherence with respect to your own questions. You are all over the place.
You said:
inurmind: I mean what's the point of seeing the future when you can do nothing about it?
I responded:
aletheia:

You also said:
inurmind:
I responded:
aletheia:

It is clear that you know nothing of Love. God is Love.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 Jn 4:8
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by Affiliated(m): 2:56am On Dec 28, 2012
The common claim is that God is all loving, all knowing and all powerful but if there is indeed such a God with the situation of the world, that God cannot be all three of those attributes. The most is 2. SO either 1. He knows about the suffering of the world and loves the world but can't do anything about it. 2. He can do something about it and loves the world but doesn't know about the world's sufferings [PRAY SO THAT GOD WILL HEAR YOU] or 3. He can do something about it and knows about it but doesn't love the world. Or 4. All consciousnesses collectively make up God and we as God in our ultimate power gave ourselves the illusion that we are not one for one reason or the other and so all these...
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by Ymodulus: 7:43am On Dec 28, 2012
aletheia:
^

^

are u for real? did he do something about the world war 1 and 2?

he saw tomoro yet he allowed thousands of innocent soul suffer and die.

he saw tomorrow yet he allowed people weep pass through suffering. ?

if a god can see tomoro and lepet people still go through that, that god must be a wicked god.

finally if he saw tomoro y didnt he c d possibility of satan disobeying him? or did he see it and still went on with creatin satan even afta knowing he wud cause suffering?

dis means he must be wicked!!!!
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by Femmymata2(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2012
Thats why boko haram boast that they are doing Gods will by shooting and bombing people. They assumed that God can stop them if wants to, unfortunately God doesn't exist
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by honeychild(f): 8:51am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated: The common claim is that God is all loving, all knowing and all powerful but if there is indeed such a God with the situation of the world, that God cannot be all three of those attributes. The most is 2. SO either 1. He knows about the suffering of the world and loves the world but can't do anything about it. 2. He can do something about it and loves the world but doesn't know about the world's sufferings [PRAY SO THAT GOD WILL HEAR YOU] or 3. He can do something about it and knows about it but doesn't love the world. Or 4. All consciousnesses collectively make up God and we as God in our ultimate power gave ourselves the illusion that we are not one for one reason or the other and so all these...

The problem with all your scenarios is that you have assumed that God is in charge of this world. Itnis so funny because the Bible makes it clear he is not:

1 John 5:20 - We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the EVIL ONE.

Luke 4:5, 6 - THE DEVIL led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, 'I will give you all their authority and splendor; IT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME, and I can give it to anyone I want to.
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by advocate666: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2012
honeychild:

The problem with all your scenarios is that you have assumed that God is in charge of this world. Itnis so funny because the Bible makes it clear he is not:

1 John 5:20 - We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the EVIL ONE.

Luke 4:5, 6 - THE DEVIL led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, 'I will give you all their authority and splendor; IT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME, and I can give it to anyone I want to.

This is funny because there are numerous verses in the same bible that tell us that not only is god in charge, he is in fact directly controlling everthing as he wishes. Some examples:

Psalm 22:28

28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.

Psalm 115:3

3 Our God is in heaven;
he does whatever pleases him.

1 Chronicles 29:11

11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.

2 Chronicles 20:5-6

5 Then Jehoshaphat stood up in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem at the temple of the Lord in the front of the new courtyard 6 and said:

“O Lord, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.

Ephesians 1:11

11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2012
^^^
Don't mind them. When it suit them he's in charge, when it doesn't, "it's the devil!".
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by Affiliated(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2012
advocate666:

This is funny because there are numerous verses in the same bible that tell us that not only is god in charge, he is in fact directly controlling everthing as he wishes. Some examples:

3 Our God is in heaven;

5 Then Jehoshaphat stood up in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem at the temple of the Lord in the front of the new courtyard 6 and said:

“O Lord, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.

11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Thank you
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by Heatblast(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2012
honeychild:

advocate666:

3 Our God is in heaven;

The bible contradicts itself in so many places.. Cause you can get yes and no from the same book that's one reason why there are so many versions of christianity and so many confused christians
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by aletheia(m): 10:32am On Dec 28, 2012
Ymodulus:
are u for real? did he do something about the world war 1 and 2?
Yes, he did something about "the world war 1 and 2"

Ymodulus:
he saw tomoro yet he allowed thousands of innocent soul suffer and die.
Who is to say that they are "innocent"? You?

Ymodulus:
he saw tomorrow yet he allowed people weep pass through suffering. ?
All creation is fallen and in bondage to sin. Pain, death, suffering is given.

Ymodulus:
finally if he saw tomoro y didnt he c d possibility of satan disobeying him? or did he see it and still went on with creatin satan even afta knowing he wud cause suffering?
Whatever has happened and will happen did not and will not take God by surprise. He is fully in control.
Again I say to you: He did something about it.
Re: The God Who Sees The Future by aletheia(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2012
@inurmind, advocate666, Ymodulus et al;

There is much richness and treasure in the Holy Scriptures: which careful meditation on them will yield.

God knows the beginning from the end.

Isaiah 46:9-10. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Since God is All-knowing; He knew even before He created Adam that Man would sin. You may argue that God could have created Man in such a way that Adam would not sin; but that would render the man an automaton, devoid of free will. Yet you need to remember that "Man is created in the image of God". . .to render him incapable of free will is to render him incapable of love and God is Love. Man incapable of free will is less than the image of God. . .incomplete.

So knowing that Man would sin; God still went ahead and created Man with the free will and the ability to choose out of Love, but at the same time He set in place a plan to redeem Man and bring him back to God. God's character is that of Perfect Love; so creating Man in any way less than capable of exercising free will and choice would fall short of the perfection of love; and God cannot act out of character. And God's Love is further revealed by His fashioning out a plan of redemption even before creating the world.

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5: 6-8.

A common misunderstanding by a lot of people, even some Christians is to suppose that Jesus' death was accidental. It wasn't---it was a deliberate plan of God. God already planned for Jesus to die for the sin of the world even before creating the world!

Concerning Jesus; this is written in Matthew.
Mat 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Romans 16:25-26. Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2 Timothy 1:9-10. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Titus 1:2-3 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The full details of God's plan of salvation were kept largely hidden until the fullness of time when it was gloriously revealed in Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Yet even though partly hidden; the pages of scripture from Genesis 1:1 onwards are replete with parables, prophecies, types and similitudes that foreshadowed God's redemptive plan.

That this is so is plainly revealed in Hosea: "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets" (12:10). And further elucidated by Jesus Himself: "Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself" (Luke 24: 25-27).

God's wisdom and foreknowledge is demonstrated for us to see in the scriptures right from the get-go, for even in Genesis Chapter 1, we begin to see foreshadowings of His plan. Consider for example:

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis 1:4-5)

Of course you know that light and darkness are spiritual metaphors as well. Light then is a representative principle for God, while darkness itself represents sin and anything abhorrent to God. From the verse in Genesis, we see that quite early on God divides the light from the darkness, thus showing us that the light and darkness cannot abide together; showing us by way of metaphor and similitude that He is Holy and does not abide the presence of sin; showing us that sin separates us from the light of His presence.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5).

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?(2 Cor 6:14).

In fact one could go all the way back to the very first verse of the bible to demonstrate this principle.

Gen 1:2-3 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Remember Jesus said: Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Verse 1 does say God created the heaven and the earth and then goes on to describe the state of the earth as without form and void and covered in darkness. One could read this as a metaphor for the universally spiritually void condition of men without God. There is an allusion to this in 2 Cor 4:6: For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Furthermore; we could consider the cycles of the day as recorded in Genesis. "And the evening and the morning were the first day." This shows darkness preceding light. This once again hinting at the darkness falling upon the earth as a result of Adam's sin before the glorious light of Christ dawning upon the sons of Adam. To put it succinctly, the fall of Adam brought evening and darkness, while the triumph of Jesus Christ (the Last Adam) brought the light of day. It is no surprise then that Christ rose from the grave on the first day of the week at dawn:

Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Now consider this: God could have created the earth without night or darkness; but he choose to do it this way. I believe He did it to show us his foreknowledge of what was going to happen and to provide hints to us of his redemptive purpose in history. For we see this in the Book of Revelation in the new heaven and earth:

Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Why is there no night in the new heaven and earth? Simple. There is no darkness of sin.

There are other foreshadowings and similitudes concerning Christ and God's purpose in Genesis; when we consider Adam, Abel, Noah, Abraham, Isaac & so on. . .but time and space constraints will not permit me to go into them now, but you can take out time to study them. The whole point of my discourse is to show that God did not make a mistake in creating Man. . .rather that God created Man because God is Love, knowing that Man would rebel against Him and because God is Love made a way even before creating Man for Man to be reconciled to Him.

(1) (Reply)

How To Destroy Your Destiny Faster.. / Becareful How You Receive Money (zac Poonen) / The Improbability Of A God Of Creation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.