Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1210196 members, 1565079 topics. Date: Friday, 25 July 2014 at 09:38 PM

Crude Oil In Festac - Politics (1) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil In Festac (762 Views)

The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) / Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos / Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil In Festac by GARRIx7(m): 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Wtf is happening on this thread??
Re: Crude Oil In Festac by Afam4eva(m): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
What sort of thread is this with so many hidden posts.
Re: Crude Oil In Festac by BlackBaron: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
Was there ever pipe borne water in Festac ever since the FG abandoned FHA?

Most always got their water from Singer or other private arrangements. Not heard anything bout the water tables corrupted neither. Least our boreholes runs fine.
Re: Crude Oil In Festac by gbanikiti(m): 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
Na wa for this your thread o! Anyway i was born in festac town,lived there and only relocated in 08.I never hear say oil dey festac.The water is good and drinkable when treated properly.its unforunate that most festac residents still buy drinking water from SINGER and its outlets.which area does your friend reside?
alj harem: OAM4J Help your brother out o !!! cheesy
Re: Crude Oil In Festac by gbanikiti(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
BlackBaron: Was there ever pipe borne water in Festac ever since the FG abandoned FHA?

yes there was a time pipe borne water was functional in the 80's and even up till now,few areas in festac still have functioning pipe borne water.due to the colouration of the water residents stopped using it.almost everyone has a borehole.
Re: Crude Oil In Festac by BlackBaron: 12:40am On Dec 28, 2012
gbanikiti: yes there was a time pipe borne water was functional in the 80's and even up till now,few areas in festac still have functioning pipe borne water.due to the colouration of the water residents stopped using it.almost everyone has a borehole.
Of course I knew that, just a rhetorical question. The water was damn terrible, typhoid inducing and very erratic too,almost everyone moved off the grid with their own boreholes. A miracle some still have pipe borne water. The water treatment plant looks like its got algae growing in it!

Very odd, no one talks about providing safe drinking water nor any approach to provide infrastructures for pipe borne water.
Re: Crude Oil In Festac by gbanikiti(m): 8:37am On Dec 28, 2012
I heard LASG was responsible for the payment of the water bills in Festac,but since the government stopped paying,the waterboard corporation became less active and was providing water at low capacity.its a good thing that people now depend on their own water.
BlackBaron:
Of course I knew that, just a rhetorical question. The water was damn terrible, typhoid inducing and very erratic too,almost everyone moved off the grid with their own boreholes. A miracle some still have pipe borne water. The water treatment plant looks like its got algae growing in it!

Very odd, no one talks about providing safe drinking water nor any approach to provide infrastructures for pipe borne water.

Re: Crude Oil In Festac by aljharem(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbanikiti

This is a recent development. Although I have been aware of you info on festac before but people still use boreholes to get water until recent.
Re: Crude Oil In Festac by berem(f): 9:09am On Dec 31, 2012
Yes people still use boreholes.i dont think people still use the public power supply.besides which area does your friend live?
alj harem: gbanikiti

This is a recent development. Although I have been aware of you info on festac before but people still use boreholes to get water until recent.

(0) (1) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo Great Helicopter Campaign(pic) / Ngige Started Kidnapping In Anambra – Obi / Peter Obi Responsible For Electoral Fraud In Anambra State-arthur Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.