Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Meet A Dentist - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet A Dentist (71445 Views)

How To Whiten Teeth Without Seeing A Dentist. / A Dentist Help Needed!! / Visiting A Dentist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet A Dentist by nyabingi(m): 3:39am On Jan 10, 2013
I usually have tooth sensitivity, a kind of shock and sensation when i chew on my left side of the mouth,this has made me not able to chew meat or other solid food on that side please what do i do?
Re: Meet A Dentist by muskpeas: 3:46am On Jan 10, 2013
I have a retained crown in my upper jaw..what are d cost implications of having to remove it??
Re: Meet A Dentist by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Jan 10, 2013
richfaxy: How do you control bad breath?

You do not need to CONTROL bad breath. You can get rid of it completely. First, go for cleaning(deep cleaning if necessary) once every six months, and secondly, try to floss at least once a day.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by Kobojunkie: 4:02am On Jan 10, 2013
nyabingi: I usually have tooth sensitivity, a kind of shock and sensation when i chew on my left side of the mouth,this has made me not able to chew meat or other solid food on that side please what do i do?

Go see your dentist if you have not. He may prescribe a different type of toothpaste if it is not disease-related(the sensation I mean).
Re: Meet A Dentist by Kobojunkie: 4:02am On Jan 10, 2013
snthesis: is chewing stick good for brushing and fresh breathe

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
Re: Meet A Dentist by oladimeji101(m): 5:37am On Jan 10, 2013
Please is there a toothpaste or something else specifically for teeth whitening?
Re: Meet A Dentist by nyabingi(m): 5:46am On Jan 10, 2013
How healthy is it brushing with salt once in a while, is it effective in killing germs and preventing tooth decay?
Re: Meet A Dentist by Ignatio(m): 5:47am On Jan 10, 2013
esperiense: it removes stains from tooth and inside d gum thatbrushing can't remove. This stains r responsible for premature tooth loss. Can b as cheap as 5k and as expensiv as 20k dependin on d hospital
Thanks.
Re: Meet A Dentist by BoyeYemi(m): 5:58am On Jan 10, 2013
How much will it cost for braces for both the lower and upper teeth? Thanks
Re: Meet A Dentist by Youngsage: 6:34am On Jan 10, 2013
Hii. Pls what can be done to straighten a crooked teeth, i.e to make d upper and lower teeth equal in size?
What can be done to whiten teeth, i.e to make it very white?
Re: Meet A Dentist by a1solution: 8:48am On Jan 10, 2013
The dentist is trying o

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by ehie007(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2013
Hi Dentist;

is tooth decay/tooth issues hereditary. Some people follow all the protocols i.e. brush 2ce a day, dnt eat sugry stuff e.t.c and still yet have teeth issues. My wife has regular teeth issues while i have never had any. I dont keep to the teeth protocols often, am over 30yrs and have never had any tooth issue. i only do scaling and polishing once a while.

the set of teeth in my lower gum is not properly arranged though; how can i make them arranged properly. i hope i wont get to use braclets.
Re: Meet A Dentist by snthesis(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2013
Kobojunkie:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
my grandfather had brilliant white teeth, and no one i heard off, complained abt his breathe.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:28am On Jan 10, 2013
ehie007: Hi Dentist;

is tooth decay/tooth issues hereditary. Some people follow all the protocols i.e. brush 2ce a day, dnt eat sugry stuff e.t.c and still yet have teeth issues. My wife has regular teeth issues while i have never had any. I dont keep to the teeth protocols often, am over 30yrs and have never had any tooth issue. i only do scaling and polishing once a while.

the set of teeth in my lower gum is not properly arranged though; how can i make them arranged properly. i hope i wont get to use braclets.
toothdecay isn't hereditary.but some factors(which can becontrolled) can increase d risk 1.e scattered teeth , low fluoride intake,etc.also Some people follow d protocols in a wrong way. If u brush 10times daily and don't follow the principles yo teeth will be worse dan som1 dat brush once and follows brushin principles.
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2013
BoyeYemi: How much will it cost for braces for both the lower and upper teeth? Thanks
visit yo dentist to know his own price buh its between N200,000 to 300,000 for adults
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:41am On Jan 10, 2013
nyabingi: How healthy is it brushing with salt once in a while, is it effective in killing germs and preventing tooth decay?
this is a questn I wudnt like to answer cos its complex. Buh I will answer politically.if u have money small enough to either buy only a toothbrush or a toothpaste for yo morning brushing.u shud buy toothbrush as the mechanical action of brushing is more important than other things(known fact). But the best is combining the two
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:56am On Jan 10, 2013
nyabingi: I usually have tooth sensitivity, a kind of shock and sensation when i chew on my left side of the mouth,this has made me not able to chew meat or other solid food on that side please what do i do?
apply sensodyne toothpaste topically after every brushin
Re: Meet A Dentist by twinklegal: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
Doc i must commend u're doing a good job, thanks for being there. Pls i broked one of my front tooth when i was 10yrs in an accident. Pls i've being thinking of what to do about it. Is it possible to file the other teeth so they can be equal and avoid it being removed or i should just remove it and maybe go for an artificial one and which would you recommend. Pls i urgently need a solution as this sometimes make me have complex when i'm in the misdst of people. Thanks
Re: Meet A Dentist by Mavrick2012: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Gooday sir,sometimes in june last yr i went 4 tooth xtractn,one of d 2 teeth i went to xtract got broken durin d xtractn,though a large part of d broken tooth was xtracted i can stil feel a small part of d teeth wit my tongue n am feelin slight pains in dat part of my gum.sir,i dnt want to go back for another round of excrutiatin painful extractn,pls wat do i apply/do so dat d slight pain wil stop permanently?Also,i have cuts on my tongues,i went to d hospital n dey askd me 2 go 4 blood n urin test,after d test nothin was detected,pls wat could b d problem?
Re: Meet A Dentist by laykhorn(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hello Dentist,
my two front teeth are spaced between and beside too. Is there a way I can close the spaces. And this two also seem abit bigger and their height also differ to others.. Is there sumtin I can do to make them set like others?
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
twinklegal: Doc i must commend u're doing a good job, thanks for being there. Pls i broked one of my front tooth when i was 10yrs in an accident. Pls i've being thinking of what to do about it. Is it possible to file the other teeth so they can be equal and avoid it being removed or i should just remove it and maybe go for an artificial one and which would you recommend. Pls i urgently need a solution as this sometimes make me have complex when i'm in the misdst of people. Thanks
they can build d broken one up to d normal level wit composite resin. See a dentist
Re: Meet A Dentist by cyberX: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
I have a product(crest 3D whitestrips). It goes for 13k. Look at the picture and contact me at leoplast01@yahoo.com
'sade:
Please how do ℓ̊ make my teeth white again,ℓ̊ reside in Ibadan.

Re: Meet A Dentist by snthesis(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
my dentist says whitening of teeth is harmful because it makes the enamel thinner as such d patient becomes susceptible to hot or cold drinks

2 Likes

Re: Meet A Dentist by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
I knw i'm late 2 have my complains bt please reply my comment. At d age of 4, i startd having bone deformatn, i culd'nt walk and my hands were twistd. I waz administer drugs like codliver oil, calcium, vit B,c and others i c'nt rememba 4 many years. Nw my teeths r real bad, it's brownish in colour, and it's chop off at each end. My teeth ain't equal and whneva i smile i luk horible in those teeth. Peopl do mock me cement teeth, even kidz do ask me what hapend 2 my teeth. I went 2 d dentist and i was told dat 2 whiten my teeth and make it equal wil take a million. I d'nt have d mony and i nid advice on household and local way 2 whiten my teeths. Thanks
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
mem88: I knw i'm late 2 have my complains bt please reply my comment. At d age of 4, i startd having bone deformatn, i culd'nt walk and my hands were twistd. I waz administer drugs like codliver oil, calcium, vit B,c and others i c'nt rememba 4 many years. Nw my teeths r real bad, it's brownish in colour, and it's chop off at each end. My teeth ain't equal and whneva i smile i luk horible in those teeth. Peopl do mock me cement teeth, even kidz do ask me what hapend 2 my teeth. I went 2 d dentist and i was told dat 2 whiten my teeth and make it equal wil take a million. I d'nt have d mony and i nid advice on household and local way 2 whiten my teeths. Thanks
as a dentist I was trained on only the professional method which is clinic based and a million for dat is off-key u shudnt spend up to 100k for dat matter
Re: Meet A Dentist by Smooyis(m): 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hi Doc, you ar doing a grt job, what can one do to a disfigured lower jaw teeth caused as a result of grinding?
Re: Meet A Dentist by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
Nice thread
Re: Meet A Dentist by Youngsage: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2013
Youngsage: Hii. Pls what can be done to straighten a crooked teeth, i.e to make d upper and lower teeth equal in size?
What can be done to whiten teeth, i.e to make it very white?
Doctor pls im stil waiting 4 a reply! Wat can be done to overlapping teeth, dat is does nt fit 2geda wen closed, to make dem equal in size and to whiten it. Thanks.
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:01am On Jan 11, 2013
Youngsage:
Doctor pls im stil waiting 4 a reply! Wat can be done to overlapping teeth, dat is does nt fit 2geda wen closed, to make dem equal in size and to whiten it. Thanks.
its braces datt can correct overlapping. Bleaching to whiten it
Re: Meet A Dentist by Bayils(m): 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
Pls doctor According to wђατ snthesis said earlier that his dentist says whitening of teeth is harmful cuz it makes δe enamel thinner as such δe patient becomes susceptible to hot or cold drinks' how true is this.....? Pls i neeδ yθur response regards this
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bayils: Pls doctor According to wђατ snthesis said earlier that his dentist says whitening of teeth is harmful cuz it makes δe enamel thinner as such δe patient becomes susceptible to hot or cold drinks' how true is this.....? Pls i neeδ yθur response regards this
iTs d old methodz,not d new generation technique dt thin out enamel buh both culd increas d sensitivity of tooth.this is not an absolute complication.
Re: Meet A Dentist by Bayils(m): 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
esperiense: iTs d old methodz,not d new generation technique dt thin out enamel buh both culd increas d sensitivity of tooth.this is not an absolute complication.
Oh now *cleared* thank God it's not an absolute complication' i'll put a mail to yθu pretty soon' cuz i think i will opt in for one'
Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? / Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.