Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Atheists Please Tell Me - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Me (3258 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
Affiliated:

In a sense. Have you ever heard about Ego and real self? Please don't sue me lipsrsealed
Haba! I am reyginus and I am sarah.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Reyginus: Haba! I am reyginus and I am sarah.

Straw man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
Affiliated:

Straw man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Lolol. The arguement is strawman and it is not.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
Reyginus: Lolol. The arguement is strawman and it is not.

Possibly... In a parallel universe
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 12:01am On Dec 30, 2012
On a more serious note though, you are "attacking the straw man" with all these claims because the initial claim is that God is both everything and nothing which is very accurate because if there is something like nothing then that thing is also God too while your claims are just getting more ridiculous.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

Possibly... In a parallel universe
Not possibly, I am sure it is both in a parallel universe and unparallel universe.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated: On a more serious note though, you are "attacking the straw man" with all these claims because the initial claim is that God is both everything and nothing which is very accurate because if there is something like nothing then that thing is also God too while your claims are just getting more ridiculous.
Seriously, I would like to know your philosophical method of inquiry and acquiring?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 11:11am On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Seriously, I would like to know your philosophical method of inquiry and acquiring?

My philosophy lies in the fact that the smallest indivisible force from which everything is made up of is God. While yours lies in the fact that a big human like being sitting on a white chair in the sky is God. Your God is therefore not everything but just something like the rest of us. From that perspective I can understand why your God cannot be 2 things at once. However my God is everything at once including any of the several big men sitting on white or other coloured chairs in skies and their enemies and us included because we are all made from the same thing which is my God and to the best of my knowledge is pure energy for now. I don't know what you will call nothing but as long as you can think about it, it has become energy
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

My philosophy lies in the fact that the smallest indivisible force from which everything is made up of is God. While yours lies in the fact that a big human like being sitting on a white chair in the sky is God. Your God is therefore not everything but just something like the rest of us. From that perspective I can understand why your God cannot be 2 things at once. However my God is everything at once including any of the several big men sitting on white or other coloured chairs in skies and their enemies and us included because we are all made from the same thing which is my God and to the best of my knowledge is pure energy for now. I don't know what you will call nothing but as long as you can think about it, it has become energy
You didn't get my question. My question is, what philosophical or otherwise approach do you employ to arrive at your conclusions?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: You didn't get my question. My question is, what philosophical or otherwise approach do you employ to arrive at your conclusions?

One of the definitions of philosophy my dictionary gives is a particular set or system of beliefs. I think I was explaining the difference in our philosophy and why we cannot agree. I already explained my philosophy
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
What are the questions? Lets desist from big grammar cos it discourages the less lettered individuals from understanding the threads. Atheism and theism are stages in evolution of knowledge. Atheism is not a destinion, its a stage in the advance process of knowing what GOD is, who God is and who the gods are. Thank you.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

One of the definitions of philosophy my dictionary gives is a particular set or system of beliefs. I think I was explaining the difference in our philosophy and why we cannot agree. I already explained my philosophy
You're still not getting it. There is a difference betweem your stand on the God arguement and the approach you used to arrive to your stand. My concern here is the latter.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by wiegraf: 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: What are the questions? Lets desist from big grammar cos it discourages the less lettered individuals from understanding the threads. Atheism and theism are stages in evolution of knowledge. Atheism is not a destinion, its a stage in the advance process of knowing what GOD is, who God is and who the gods are. Thank you.

What does this mean? What is your definition of god?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

wie..wie..Welcome to the party.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by wiegraf: 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: wie..wie..Welcome to the party.

I have a feeling I won't need drugs to get a buzz here

Also, this is one of the most random threads ever
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

I have a feeling I won't need drugs to get a buzz here
lol. Good for you.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

GOD, God, god? Okay you wrote 'god'. Soul is god, a microcosm of GOD
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by wiegraf: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: GOD, God, god? Okay you wrote 'god'. Soul is god, a microcosm of GOD

This is supposed to make sense how? You'd rather I called it dog then?

Why in the world do you think atheists are interested in knowing 'souls', or dogs? This is going by the traditional meaning of souls and dogs, as I'm not sure you'll give a straight answer if asked.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by advocate666: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: GOD, God, god? Okay you wrote 'god'. Soul is god, a microcosm of GOD

Try doG
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: You're still not getting it. There is a difference betweem your stand on the God arguement and the approach you used to arrive to your stand. My concern here is the latter.

Oh. OK. I didn't understand what you asked in that sense. Anyway the approach I used to arrive at my stand is intuitive knowledge. That means I just knew it without a shadow of doubt when my mind went towards that direction. I then did a little research to see if other people knew the same thing... Even before I came across Einstein's work proving that energy can be converted to mass and vice versa, I already knew energy and mass were the same thing.
If I want to sound mysterious, I would say my soul told my ego [benefits of meditation] but let's just leave it at intuitive knowledge.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

Oh. OK. I didn't understand what you asked in that sense. Anyway the approach I used to arrive at my stand is intuitive knowledge. That means I just knew it without a shadow of doubt when my mind went towards that direction. I then did a little research to see if other people knew the same thing... Even before I came across Einstein's work proving that energy can be converted to mass and vice versa, I already knew energy and mass were the same thing.
If I want to sound mysterious, I would say my soul told my ego [benefits of meditation] but let's just leave it at intuitive knowledge.
Never have I had that intuition is another way to arrive at truth. Don't you think you're over-rating your intuition?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by greatgenius: 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
^^ intuition is a language of the soul..go within your soul and listen to it because within it lies all the "knowledge and secretss of the universse"
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Never have I had that intuition is another way to arrive at truth. Don't you think you're over-rating your intuition?

Ever since I started meditating there are tangible things I just know about events or people that I'm in physical contact with. Things like where someone is, in few cases which are becoming more frequent the thought of what someone is going to say next drops in my head. for instance today I was in a car with someone thinking about Mr_Anony and Mazaje's case when suddenly the thought of Tinubu came into my head. What do you know? In the next 2 seconds the person I was with started talking about Tinubu... Things like that. I think its the ego that distorts the message the soul is trying to pass across and with more meditation, less distortion.

And more importantly, i don't think the way to arrive at the truth matters as everyone has their path. as long as the truth is arrived at
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: ^^ intuition is a language of the soul..go within your soul and listen to it because within it lies all the "knowledge and secretss of the universse"
Wonderful. Language is now an approach for knowing truth. Wow! Good for you.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

Ever since I started meditating there are tangible things I just know about events or people that I'm in physical contact with. Things like where someone is, in few cases which are becoming more frequent the thought of what someone is going to say next drops in my head. for instance today I was in a car with someone thinking about Mr_Anony and Mazaje's case when suddenly the thought of Tinubu came into my head. What do you know? In the next 2 seconds the person I was with started talking about Tinubu... Things like that. I think its the ego that distorts the message the soul is trying to pass across and with more meditation, less distortion.

And more importantly, i don't think the way to arrive at the truth matters as everyone has their path. as long as the truth is arrived at
Need I say more? Just one last question. Is their any way one can verify or test the authencity of claims derived from intuition? As in, a way to verify it is not merely coincidental or psychological conditioning?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Need I say more? Just one last question. Is their any way one can verify or test the authencity of claims derived from intuition? As in, a way to verify it is not merely coincidental or psychological conditioning?

Well concerning my case, I for one know these occurrences are too frequent to be coincidences. If you don't believe it then the discourse need not be prolonged because there's no middle ground here.
About the verification, there are people who are totally in tune with their soul and can provide you irrefutable evidence if your mind is open enough to accept it. Hell, your pastors and bishops even provide some sort of evidence
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Wonderful. Language is now an approach for knowing truth. Wow! Good for you.

I think what he means is that the soul knows all things and the soul tells the ego or what you know as yourself through intuition
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by greatgenius: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Wonderful. Language is now an approach for knowing truth. Wow! Good for you.
lol do you actually read and understand the essence of what people are saying at all? what is what you wrote have anything to do with the message that i passed across?.. are you really serious with some of your questions sometimes or you are playing ... so out of THE SENTENCE i made the key word thst caught your attention was LANGUAGE?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by greatgenius: 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

I think what he means is that the soul knows all things and the soul tells the ego or what you know as yourself through intuition
lol i sometimes marvel at his questions
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

Well concerning my case, I for one know these occurrences are too frequent to be coincidences. If you don't believe it then the discourse need not be prolonged because there's no middle ground here.
About the verification, there are people who are totally in tune with their soul and can provide you irrefutable evidence if your mind is open enough to accept it. Hell, your pastors and bishops even provide some sort of evidence
Seen.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Affiliated:

Mr man, even if the soul knows all, it doesn't make it an approach.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: lol do you actually read and understand the essence of what people are saying at all? what is what you wrote have anything to do with the message that i passed across?.. are you really serious with some of your questions sometimes or you are playing ... so out of THE SENTENCE i made the key word thst caught your attention was LANGUAGE?
AHA! Okay, make me understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Your Child Ever Said Something To You That Shows Reincarnation? / Learn More About Hajj (the Pilgrimage) / Dear Olabowale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.