Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? (723 Views)

7 New Busty And Talented Actresses Shaking Yoruba Movies Right Now / The 10 Nollywood Actresses That Are Strongly Allergic To Poor Men ( Photos ) / Top 20 Most Curvy And Bootylicious Nollywood/Ghollywood Actresses ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
In the nollywood industry, i have come to notice something that is like a trend. When we talk about abut fame and financial clout in the industry we only refer to the actresses and leave the actors out. In the hollywood industry, we hear about famous actors like leonardo dicaprio,brad pitt,will smith e.t.c and we hear of how much they earn and how much they are worth just like their female counterparts too. But, in nollywood the case is different. Everytime the most sexiest nollywood actress, the most kissable actress why not sexiest nollywood actor or the most kissale nollywood actor.

The unfortunate part of all this, is 'THE RICHEST NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS'. I have never come across 'THE RICHEST NOLLYWOOD ACTORS' before in any media outlet. Is it that the men are not making money like their female counterparts or the actresses arE making money through other means apart from acting and endorsements? We will see list of actresses and thier worth in millions, how much they make in blockbuster movies, as if no major male actor acted in the same movies

Well, the question is, ARE OUR ACTORS NOT MAKING MUCH MONEY IN THEIR ACTING CAREER AND ENDORSEMENTS TOO LIKE THEIR FEMALE COUNTERPARTS OR IS THERE A SECRET THAT THE ACTRESSES HAVE TO BE MAKING MONEY IN THEIR MILLIONS UNLIKE THE ACTORS ?
Re: Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2012
My personal opinion? I don't think Nollywood actors showcase themselves like our women do. Rita Dominic, Ini Edo, Genevieve Nnaji, Omosexy, Stephanie Okereke, etc. They're all attractive, personable women. They're trendsetters, have excellent upkeep, wear fashionable clothes, etc. Compare them to Jim Iyke, Desmond Elliot, Ramsey Nouah, Mike Ezuruonye, and Emeka Ike. Which group would you rather interview? Which group of actors would give your website more hits or sell you more papers?

You listed Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Will Smith. Not only are they fantastic actors, but they're also sex icons. Brad Pitt and Will Smith were top earners as well as some of the sexiest men alive at one point. Out of the five Nollywood actors I listed, I can't call any of them sexy. They don't have to be sexy of course, but a package isn't complete without it.

1 Like

Re: Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 28, 2012
Nigerian actors don't have pussies and breasts. . .and that effectively means they have nothing tangible to 'sell'.

On the other hand, almost all the actresses (both married and single) enjoy patronage from politicians and big businessmen. You would have to be naive or dishonest to not know this. Acting is the best advertisement for the 'wares' they have to sell, and that's all there is to it.

If in doubt, ask yourself why this trend is nonexistent in the music industry? Male musicians enjoy far more fame and fortune and prominence than female musicians. Only male musicians make all the money and all the fame, while the females merely make up the numbers. Politicians and businessmen don't listen to Naija 'gbam gbam' music, but they watch the movies.
Re: Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88: My personal opinion? I don't think Nollywood actors showcase themselves like our women do. Rita Dominic, Ini Edo, Genevieve Nnaji, Omosexy, Stephanie Okereke, etc. They're all attractive, personable women. They're trendsetters, have excellent upkeep, wear fashionable clothes, etc. Compare them to Jim Iyke, Desmond Elliot, Ramsey Nouah, Mike Ezuruonye, and Emeka Ike. Which group would you rather interview? Which group of actors would give your website more hits or sell you more papers?

You listed Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Will Smith. Not only are they fantastic actors, but they're also sex icons. Brad Pitt and Will Smith were top earners as well as some of the sexiest men alive at one point. Out of the five Nollywood actors I listed, I can't call any of them sexy. They don't have to be sexy of course, but a package isn't complete without it.
Hey ogugua, you may know how it works in hollywood,but not in nollywood. There is more to the eyes than we see.
Re: Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 28, 2012
That's why it was a personal opinion, based off of the small knowledge I have lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Always Actresses? What About Our Actors? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88: That's why it was a personal opinion, based off of the small knowledge I have lol.
Yeah, love your opinions though, but yours is totally based in america (hollywood),if only that reasonable folks here in nigeria can just come here and give their own opinions?

Anyway happy new year. Is that guy in yur profile pics your boyfriend?

(1) (Reply)

Miss Millennium: Beyoncé - On Cover Of GQ Magazine (article) / Kanye West And Kim K Pose Nude For Magazine!!! / 'How Dare You Compare My Song To Tonto Dikeh?' - Singer Saeon Tweets Angrily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.