Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment (10269 Views)

Presidency Defends Buhari’s Manner Of Appointment / Seized $9.3 Million Arms Money: Nigeria’s Presidency Defends Oritsejafor / Presidency Defends N5.6bn Paid To Ex-militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by tatosh: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
I wish I could have a one on one with this Fat Pig called Okupe I desperately want to kill him with my bare hands
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by dady12: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
okupe is a disgrace to his generation,annenil is not a thief why did senate ask him to go and defend himself about 300b?so federal govt can approve a contract and will not release money to ministry?and senate we summon you to go and defend yourself?,we all know that GEJ is curruption silencer , because he is a criminal as well,what can annenil do in 2015?how many people can he mobilize?why did he not fix edo state election?because they call him all sort of names.a man that is approaching 100 yrs is fighting to be in government house ,does he want to die in office and throw many in morming?,although i did not wish him to die ,politicians says the youth are the leaders of tommorrow and in nigeria youth are not giving the opportunity,nonsence,infact their days are number
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by vanstanzy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mehn how easy is it for people to talk from both sides of their mouth. I can't beleive this is Doyin Okupe that used to be against GEJ& his administration. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Na wa o.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by PointB: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
“What happened that year was that the Federal Government budgetted N300 billion for roads. But the money was never released to the Ministry of Works. There are a lot of misunderstanding and misinformation, and government, before now, has failed to engage the public, to explain the concrete issues. Many things are perceived. Like this one, they are taken as true, and over the years, they take root in the hearts of some people, and so people believe the man is a thief.”

Is Okupe lying here or not? This certainly should be verifiable. Thankfully, the FOI laws can help clear this.

Jonathan reduced insurgency by 70% in 2012

Okupe said the Jonathan administration is succeeding in containing the Boko Haram insurgency, both in terms of number of attacks and frequency, and buttressed this with statistics between January and November, this year.

According to him, citing newspaper reports and security agencies as sources, eight attacks were recorded in January, nine in February, seven in March, eight in April, five in May, seven in June, six in July, five in August, four in September, seven in October, four in November.

He also dismissed the argument in certain quarters that inadequate intelligence was responsible for the attacks by the Boko Haram sect, saying the capacity of the nation’s security agencies in this regard, and the equipment that have been acquired for this astonish even foreign powers considered to be leaders in this area.

Said he: “Due to the increased capacity of security agencies in the area of intelligence gathering, I can report that over 70 per cent of planned insurgent attacks were foiled before actualisation. These are largely unreported because they did not happen and this is a good thing.

“The intelligence arm of our security agencies has deployed massive modern technology to preempt and destabilise these criminal elements who intended causing harm.”

Unless some terrible happens in the remaining few days, I think the frequency and ferocity of Boko Haram attack reduced in 2012, compared to 2011. I think the security agencies should take some credit for this. I hope the do better in the coming year.

As for Okupe, the guy is just doing his job. Speaking for government is a difficult task, Dora was there!
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by vanstanzy(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
byrron: yet educated carrier tribal demented Nigerians on nairaland will still fail to see that the people ruining this country are drawn from the 36 states of the federation.
Aneni,gej,doyin okupe and all other political criminals in this country are drawn from every part of the country.
the earlier some du.mb skulls realizes this fact and stop bringing tribal sentiments in all political issues the nearer our collective emancipation at hand

U re so right. 10000 likes
Although i've stated this once, some people just don't like taking responsibilities.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by GeneralJ(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Virgin Finder:

Your written English is poor!
nigga this ain't english class

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by vanstanzy(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
tatosh: I wish I could have a one on one with this Fat Pig called Okupe I desperately want to kill him with my bare hands

Easy Tiger, wink wink wink our time will come and we'll get him.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by sashbaby(f): 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Your ascertion made maximum sense. [/color]
what can anenih/anini do come 2015 elections. Gej and his brig ands should know that u can't fool people all the time.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by k2039: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
sashbaby: what can anenih/anini do come 2015 elections. Gej and his brig ands should know that u can't fool people all the time.

[color=soyouquotedme]Some Nigerians are fools, evident by the comments you will see by people praising him in spite of his failures.

I'm afraid if we have more fools, GEJ is likely to retain his sit.

That's why I have been campaigning with my signature.
[/color]
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by redsun(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
grin grin grin

Doctorate degree in animal husbandary.He is probably taking nigeria for a piggery that it literally is.

Pigs like anenih would have been better of tied up in a peg,rather than been giving another opportunity to ruin one the rogue nation frontline economic powerhouse.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by sashbaby(f): 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]Some Nigerians are fools, evident by the comments you will see by people praising him in spite of his failures.

I'm afraid if we have more fools, GEJ is likely to retain his sit.

That's why I have been campaigning with my signature.
[/color]
. U can only do so little on NL cos the comment I read on some thread makes my heart bleed. No need wasting ur time on numskulls.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by earthgreeners(m): 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
PointB: Is Okupe lying here or not? This certainly should be verifiable. Thankfully, the FOI laws can help clear this.
Unless some terrible happens in the remaining few days, I think the frequency and ferocity of Boko Haram attack reduced in 2012, compared to 2011. I think the security agencies should take some credit for this. I hope the do better in the coming year.
As for Okupe, the guy is just doing his job. Speaking for government is a difficult task, Dora was there!

ARE YOU ALRIGHT?
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr President needs Aneni and some other politicians to win PDP primary come 2015. GEJ did the sensible thing that any other person would have done- find a balance between political influence and performance. You need POLITICAL INFLUENCE to win PDP primary and PERFORMANCE to win general elections. If GEJ didn't appoint Aneni into NPA board, na @DemDem, Gbawe, Lai Muhammed, Speaker Tambuwar or Buhari him for appoint? Those who allege Aneni stole money should take him to court. The ACN states and ACN members of the NASS can sue Aneni to court for failing to tarr any southwest roads that was budgeted for and funds released for its construction. Otherwise, the propagandist should allow us to hear word. Small time dem go also allege that I stole N1,000billion.
Na Sincere 9gerian talk dis one.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by banki(m): 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
@POINT B... Dora was the minister of information, olusegun adeniyi was the special adviser, please tell me why mr president has so many people like okupe, maku,abati,omokri etc and lately olisah metuh defending him and speaking on his behalf.... and costing the people of nigeria alot of money by thier employment as special assistants and senior speciall assitants.... whats the difference between thier job functions dont you think the president is not being insincere in his desire to cut costs....

@ sincere nigerian, why do you turn every public issue into a pdp/ acn/ buhari tinubu talk? in the first place doyin okupe doesnt even have the moral standing to look nigerians in the face and talk to nigerians because of the accusations of corruption levelled against him, of course he ran to cort to get frivolus injuctions so that when any one asks him about the benue road contract he will say...."the case is in court so i cant talk about it" i urge you and your cohorts to continue the good job your doing to continue to sell evil and bad governance.

I have said this a number of times and i repeat i am not a member of any party, but i swear the more you try to make some people look bad the more you make them heros, I know that edo people will prefer oshimoles acn to anything anenih offered them, at the last count ANENIH offered a certain Lt Gen Charles Ahibvare as pdps candidate to the general elections......a man that was dismissed from the nigerian army and placed under house arrest for corruption ...... SUCH IS THE KIND OF PERSOn the pdp and anenih bring so the stealing and looting can continue

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by merengue: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Mr President needs Aneni and some other politicians to win PDP primary come 2015. GEJ did the sensible thing that any other person would have done- find a balance between political influence and performance. You need POLITICAL INFLUENCE to win PDP primary and PERFORMANCE to win general elections. If GEJ didn't appoint Aneni into NPA board, na @DemDem, Gbawe, Lai Muhammed, Speaker Tambuwar or Buhari him for appoint? Those who allege Aneni stole money should take him to court. The ACN states and ACN members of the NASS can sue Aneni to court for failing to tarr any southwest roads that was budgeted for and funds released for its construction. Otherwise, the propagandist should allow us to hear word. Small time dem go also allege that I stole N1,000billion.

This dude never fails to crack me up, grin grin grin. You said on another thread that OBJ does not have the power to unseat GEJ because he is no longer relevant and even lost his polling booth. Now the same Anenih who was resoundingly thrashed by Oshiomhole even in his own polling booth is needed to win elections in 2015. Logic has suffered.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
merengue:

This dude never fails to crack me up, grin grin grin. You said on another thread that OBJ does not have the power to unseat GEJ because he is no longer relevant and even lost his polling booth. Now the same Anenih who was resoundingly thrashed by Oshiomhole even in his own polling booth is needed to win elections in 2015. Logic has suffered.
Hello sir! If you had COMMON SENSE(not even up to the level of wisdom), you would have known the difference between primary election within a party, and general elections. The strategies of winning either elections differs and the difference is like the difference between day and night. Unfortunately, common sense has become uncommon of late
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by PointB: 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
banki: @POINT B... Dora was the minister of information, olusegun adeniyi was the special adviser, please tell me why mr president has so many people like okupe, maku,abati,omokri etc and lately olisah metuh defending him and speaking on his behalf.... and costing the people of nigeria alot of money by thier employment as special assistants and senior speciall assitants.... whats the difference between thier job functions dont you think the president is not being insincere in his desire to cut costs....

No offense sir Banki,
But let me assure you that your poser, so eloquently articulated, will be succinctly and promptly answered as soon as GEJ makes me one of the plethora of Special Advisers/ spokespersons.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by VUVUZELA10: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
This is the madness in our political space. It is sad that in Nigeria a 95 years old man will still be fighting for political appointment yet one loquacious slaphappy man called "Dr". Doyin Okupe will be defending him. The real age of Tony Anenih is 95 years. Na him only one dey Edo State. He is in charge of one of the best ministries--Works and now NPA.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by ypzilanti: 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
I'm surprised they have not resurrected Maurice Iwu yet to give him an appointment. After all, he was never convicted of wrong doing in any court of law. @sincerenigerian should forward that name to GEJ. I'm sure there is a spot in CBN or NIMASA for him....or aviation...yeah aviation would be the best.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Elueme: 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Can k2039 find anything good in GEJ's presidency?, absolutely NO.
Worst still, Selfworth and Sincere 9gerian will come and defend their boss' stupidity.

I give up on GEJ's presidency.

The theory I proposed still holds true, it's evident that it has been tested to be true, I just need to subject the theory to more rigorous test before it finaly becomes a law
The retardeen's theory.
www.nairaland.com/1142505/gej-nigerians-think-slow-because#13545448
[/color]
Why will this dude find anything good in the president when there's nothing good about him? The last time I checked charity began from home, so have a Self reevaluation to believe in yourself before believing anything else. For Okupe's speech, I concur to a large extent.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by joseph1832(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
It is obvious that people like Doyin Okupe can kill their mother just for a buck! imagine the narrow mindedness exhibited when defending Anenih's appointment! no facts, no figures just plain nonsense. "Mr Fix it for OBJ" when the FGN failed to give him funds what did he do? what did he do when he was Godfather to Lucky Igbenidion? what did he do what Edo state was looted and plundered beyond recognition? As far as am concerned the man lacks integrity and credibility!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by joseph1832(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
Elueme: Why will this dude find anything good in the president when there's nothing good about him? The last time I checked charity began from home, so have a Self reevaluation to believe in yourself before believing anything else. For Okupe's speech, I concur to a large extent.
dDude in want to believe that in your area where you reside, you have uninterupted power supply, the roads around you are all tarred, you have constant water supply etc. if you really have all these, then i believe you for believing Doyin Okupe.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Akiika: 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
GEJ's aspiration is to beat his predecessors in stealing our money, he's got nothing to offer Nigeria. I know this is the upfront payment for Anenih's job in the 2015 dispensation. Bode George has done his lot with NPA, now it's Anenih turn to further wreck havoc on the Port Authority. Fortunately for these criminals, the Nigerian people cannot see beyond ethnic, religious and tribal sentiments to call spade a spade. I see comments here only based on ethnic, religious and tribal sentiments. I challenge anybody on this forum to justify Anenih's appointment?? I have simply lost hope in this crazy country.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by spenx084(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
Make thunder fire that ur mouth Okupe.hiss

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Goodluck Jonathan has a PHD from a nigerian university, no doubt about that, but i think it's time we take a closer look at that certificate and the institution that awarded it to him.

Having said that, i will like to let Nigerians know that the appointment of chief Tony Anenih as the chairman of NPA is a mistake. Instead of attacking Jonathan for the mistake(we know that 99 percent of his decisions are mistakes and errors), we should question Anenih for accepting the offer and our legislatures for approving it.

As for Doyin Okupe, i reserve my comment because i don't talk to people that were born on saturdays.

Wishing Nigerians prosperous New Year in advance.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
ochukwuma15: Goodluck Jonathan has a PHD from a nigerian university, no doubt about that, but i think it's time we take a closer look at that certificate and the institution that awarded it to him.

Having said that, i will like to let Nigerians know that the appointment of chief Tony Anenih as the chairman of NPA is a mistake. Instead of attacking Jonathan for the mistake(we know that 99 percent of his decisions are mistakes and errors), we should question Anenih for accepting the offer and our legislatures for approving it.

As for Doyin Okupe, i reserve my comment because i don't talk to people that were born on saturdays.

Wishing Nigerians prosperous New Year in advance............ Chuks writes from Enugu, Nigeria.
I agree GEJ is not a great public speaker. But reducing academic qualification to public speaking is ridiculous to say the least. GEJ did not earn his PHD in English language. There are professors and PHD holders of various disciplines that are also not great public speakers and this does not in anyway detract from their academic qualification.
Moreover, public speaking has absolutely NOTHING to do with ability to deliver good governance. Rochas for instance is a great public speaker but if asked to chose between Rochas and GEJ, i will not hesitate to chose GEJ
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by amobii: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm, Mr. Okupe, i know you are doing your job, but if you keep defending everything every time that shows the type of government you are running, all i need you to do is send some of your people to the street, to sample opinion of people and listen to what people would say. As for Aneni that you defended in your statement you dont need to do that, Aneni should defend himself about 300 billion. Anyway this is your time, please use it wisely, remember you have family, relatives and posterity will judge b4 we pass on.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by joseph1832(m): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Mr President needs Aneni and some other politicians to win PDP primary come 2015. GEJ did the sensible thing that any other person would have done- find a balance between political influence and performance. You need POLITICAL INFLUENCE to win PDP primary and PERFORMANCE to win general elections. If GEJ didn't appoint Aneni into NPA board, na @DemDem, Gbawe, Lai Muhammed, Speaker Tambuwar or Buhari him for appoint? Those who allege Aneni stole money should take him to court. The ACN states and ACN members of the NASS can sue Aneni to court for failing to tarr any southwest roads that was budgeted for and funds released for its construction. Otherwise, the propagandist should allow us to hear word. Small time dem go also allege that I stole N1,000billion.
So according to you Anenih's appointment was based on the fact that he can help GEJ win PDP primaries come 2015?

GEJ didn't appoint him because he's the man for the job? Because he has outstanding integrity and credibility? Because he's a committed, dedicated and patriotic Nigerian?. Nope was appointed just so GEJ can win 2015 PDP primaries? Kai I tiya for this kind talk oh....

If you say GEJ appointed Anenih just cause of PDP primaries, do you now honestly think he GEJ or Anenih gives a damn about the common man?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by OsunOriginal: 12:08am On Dec 29, 2012
joseph1832:
So according to you Anenih's appointment was based on the fact that he can help GEJ win PDP primaries come 2015?

GEJ didn't appoint him because he's the man for the job? Because he has outstanding integrity and credibility? Because he's a committed, dedicated and patriotic Nigerian?. Nope was appointed just so GEJ can win 2015 PDP primaries? Kai I tiya for this kind talk oh....

If you say GEJ appointed Anenih just cause of PDP primaries, do you now honestly think he GEJ or Anenih gives a damn about the common man?

Man, who are you directing this question to? That SincerelyUnpatroitic9gerian? Waiting for his response - sure he wont disappoint me.
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Ikwerefistson: 12:53am On Dec 29, 2012
byrron: yet educated carrier tribal demented Nigerians on nairaland will still fail to see that the people ruining this country are drawn from the 36 states of the federation.
Aneni,gej,doyin okupe and all other political criminals in this country are drawn from every part of the country.
the earlier some du.mb skulls realizes this fact and stop bringing tribal sentiments in all political issues the nearer our collective emancipation at hand

tel dat 2d yarabas
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by OmoTier1(m): 1:30am On Dec 29, 2012
Virgin Finder:

Your written English is poor!
focus on substance and leave the chaff aside
Re: Presidency Defends Anenihs Appointment by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 29, 2012
joseph1832:

May be you didn't hear about the popular story (though unconfirmed) that in 2003 OBJ had to practically kneel down to beg Atiku not to contest in the PDP primary election then so as to make him (OBJ) unopposed? The story had it that had Atiku contested for that primary election, he would have defeated OBJ. It was part of the reason OBJ fought back fiercely to oppose Atiku in 2007, when OBJ had completely taken over the PDP political machinery. Therefore in this game, one has to balance political influence with performance. Okonjo Iweala and the agric minister for instance cannot be of help to the president when it comes to PDP primary. It is the level of political influence the president wields among the governors and the likes of Aneni that will help. Except you'r a child, you should understand these things

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Those With Guilty Conscience Will Be Afraid Of Persecution - APC / Breaking News: APC Senators Leave National Assembly During Session / Security Allegations: Apologize To Nigerians, PDP Tells Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.