Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet (19616 Views)

Pregnant Woman Dies After Marathon Sex With Strange Lover / Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet / Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
I THINK HE GOT KILLED BY ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE. THE WEIGHT OF 28 RAW EGGS WILL STRETCH THE STOMACH AND DISTEND IT AND AS A RESULT LOTS OF PRESSURE NERVES AND NEUROTRANSMITTERS WILL BE ACTIVATED AND THIS WILL IMMEDIATELY EXPOSE A LOT OF NUTRIENT DEFICIENCIES OF WHICH MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY CAN CAUSE IMMEDIATE DEATH FROM TORSADES DE POINTES OR VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATION OR VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA. THIS TYPE OF IMMEDIATE DEATH IS FROM A DEFICIENCY THAT GOT EXPOSED
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by princebabados: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2012
Guy u stupid die,u re just a retarded mofo..u took ur emptiness n religious sentimentalism 2 d heighest..some pips r analytically n intellectually liliput,thr comment on topical issues calls there. IQ level in2 questnin..
Dan_de_Numeruno: One less Muslim/terrorist in the world. Good riddance!
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by oyeleyemaureen(m): 10:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
jeez!! What's wrong with that guy. Well, you killed yourself. RIP!!
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by miky(m): 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
birdman:

Bro, return your medical degree quick, if you have one. There are alcoholic drinks that use milk. In fact there are fermented milk based drinks.

I didnt post the link for only you, and it seems u have that "nigerian factor" of the unteachable gene.. there are several enymes in milk, casein, renin and co.. if any milk substitute is mixed with alcohol i believe a variable number of these enzymes are absent as well.. anyway for ur safety and ur loved ones go read!! unfortunately these things are only mentioned when someone dies.. thanks for your advise i will return my degree after 2 more years when i get donegrin

STUDIES ON THE ALCOHOL COAGULATION
OF FRESH COW MILK
By
KENTARO MITAMURA

AND YEAH I KNOW OF BAILEY'S!! (WHAT KIND OF MILK THOUGH IS THE QUESTION HMM) wink
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by miky(m): 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
obadiah777: I THINK HE GOT KILLED BY ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE. THE WEIGHT OF 28 RAW EGGS WILL STRETCH THE STOMACH AND DISTEND IT AND AS A RESULT LOTS OF PRESSURE NERVES AND NEUROTRANSMITTERS WILL BE ACTIVATED AND THIS WILL IMMEDIATELY EXPOSE A LOT OF NUTRIENT DEFICIENCIES OF WHICH MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY CAN CAUSE IMMEDIATE DEATH FROM TORSADES DE POINTES OR VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATION OR VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA. THIS TYPE OF IMMEDIATE DEATH IS FROM A DEFICIENCY THAT GOT EXPOSED

very reasonable hypothesis that's assuming he dies from an heart attack.. checking his blood should determine it, the last resort his bladder for urine deposits..

the thing about electrolyte though is that it can be mediated very easy with the 2 kidneys we have.. in reference to depolarization which i believe u mean by activation, the heart has its own electrical built system (SA Node, Av Node, Purjic fibers) which is independent from that of the bodies own nervous system.. depolarization of the nerve cells and sa node is only caused by ca+ (calcium), and Na+ (sodium).. am not sure where magnesium fits this puzzle, infact mg+2 is primarily for the bones only, the use of vitamin d and mg+2 helps for bone formation..

P.S:: as a matter of fact the reason they advice you to limit sodium intake, is because it can depolarize the SA node too frequently.. regardless these things take years and months to affect the strong mucles of the heart..

its why i believe septic shock is a more probable cause.. thanks u got me thinking sha!!

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by plendil: 12:01am On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: I THINK HE GOT KILLED BY ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE. THE WEIGHT OF 28 RAW EGGS WILL STRETCH THE STOMACH AND DISTEND IT AND AS A RESULT LOTS OF PRESSURE NERVES AND NEUROTRANSMITTERS WILL BE ACTIVATED AND THIS WILL IMMEDIATELY EXPOSE A LOT OF NUTRIENT DEFICIENCIES OF WHICH MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY CAN CAUSE IMMEDIATE DEATH FROM TORSADES DE POINTES OR VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATION OR VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA. THIS TYPE OF IMMEDIATE DEATH IS FROM A DEFICIENCY THAT GOT EXPOSED

I'm sorry, but this is preposterous.
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by miky(m): 12:06am On Jan 01, 2013
Case33:

All these grammar 4 one dead dude? Dis could wake hi up! *winks*

No be grammar my guy.. its just what really happens, and these things are complex.. i find them interesting that's why am in the field, its either you think about them or like everybody seems to love doing in Naija just yell NA JUJU!! case closed cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 01, 2013
miky:

very reasonable hypothesis that's assuming he dies from an heart attack.. checking his blood should determine it, the last resort his bladder for urine deposits..

the thing about electrolyte though is that it can be mediated very easy with the 2 kidneys we have.. in reference to depolarization which i believe u mean by activation, the heart has its own electrical built system (SA Node, Av Node, Purjic fibers) which is independent from that of the bodies own nervous system.. depolarization of the nerve cells and sa node is only caused by ca+ (calcium), and Na+ (sodium).. am not sure where magnesium fits this puzzle, infact mg+2 is primarily for the bones only, the use of vitamin d and mg+2 helps for bone formation..

P.S:: as a matter of fact the reason they advice you to limit sodium intake, is because it can depolarize the SA node too frequently.. regardless these things take years and months to affect the strong mucles of the heart..

its why i believe septic shock is a more probable cause.. thanks u got me thinking sha!!
ACTUALLY DEPOLARIZATION OF THE HEART IS CAUSED BY SODIUM IONS RUSHING INTO THE CELL AND POTTASIUM IONS RUSHING OUT TO CREATE THE ACTION POTENTIAL NEEDED FOR DEPOLARIZATION. THE CALCIUM IONS RELEASED BY THE SARCOPLASMIC RETICULUM AND INSTERTITIAL FLUID IS WHAT CAUSES THE CONTRACTION OF THE HEART. HOWEVER MAGNESIUM CAUSES THE RELAXATION. BUT WE ON THE SAME PAGE.
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by plendil: 12:27am On Jan 01, 2013
miky:

Septic shock too many cytokines released from body defense system at once to crush bacteria .. Unfortunately it was counter productive..

P.S:: ppl should be aware of drinking too many water and diluting their electrolytes it kills faster than alcohol in minutes

Another, never cosume milk or dairy products after alcohol it would coagulate in your stomach and u would be dead in minutes..

Be safe yall

@blue. Its a possibility. cytokine storms (not septic shock) caused by release of excess cytokines have been implicated in bird flu caused by the H5N1. So if the eggs were contaminated, the ingestion of such high quantity could have triggered the fatal reaction.

As for the other part, I'm not sure where you got that from. Firstly how does alcohol lead to the coagulation of milk? secondly, even if it did, why would coagulated milk in the stomach lead to death?
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by poshpimkiey(f): 1:38am On Jan 01, 2013
awwww. him for try eat the chicken not the egg. mstchew.
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by adexway(m): 2:18am On Jan 01, 2013
He's a jolly stupid fellow. If you are in doubt as to what killed him, I can donate some 28 eggs to you for RE-EXPERIMENT

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by Dstar1(f): 6:12am On Jan 01, 2013
Hmmm!
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by miky(m): 8:02am On Jan 01, 2013
plendil:

@blue. Its a possibility. cytokine storms (not septic shock) caused by release of excess cytokines have been implicated in bird flu caused by the H5N1. So if the eggs were contaminated, the ingestion of such high quantity could have triggered the fatal reaction.

As for the other part, I'm not sure where you got that from. Firstly how does alcohol lead to the coagulation of milk? secondly, even if it did, why would coagulated milk in the stomach lead to death?

you have your info mixed up, but thats ok.. septic shock is caused by cytokine, infact i saw a patient not too long ago few months maybe with similar condition..i doubt your in the medical field? its hard for me to explain as it wouldn't even make sense smiley.
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by ceaser: 9:21am On Jan 01, 2013
Lol. That's amusing. But there isn't any fathomable connection between 28 eggs stretching the stomach (waaoh) and your electrolyte derangement (wàá s'èwé). Nice try though. But of course neurons misfiring can in a way thru sympathetic and parasympathetic influences cause electrolyte imbalance.

A more plausible explanation would be septic shock resulting from massive immunological response (massive cytokines and other immunological mediators release in response to exogenous allergens and pyrogens getting into the body) akin to what happens Toxic Shock Syndrome (occurs in tampon users) - talk of the body's defence system getting hacked, in layman's language. It is accompanied with multiorgan failure along with massive systemic vasodilatation, all of which can result into sudden, apparently unexplained death.
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
ceaser:
Lol. That's amusing. But there isn't any fathomable connection between 28 eggs stretching the stomach (waaoh) and your electrolyte derangement (wàá s'èwé). Nice try though. But of course neurons misfiring can in a way thru sympathetic and parasympathetic influences cause electrolyte imbalance.

A more plausible explanation would be septic shock resulting from massive immunological response (massive cytokines and other immunological mediators release in response to exogenous allergens and pyrogens getting into the body) akin to what happens Toxic Shock Syndrome (occurs in tampon users) - talk of the body's defence system getting hacked, in layman's language. It is accompanied with multiorgan failure along with massive systemic vasodilatation, all of which can result into sudden, apparently unexplained death.
RUBBISH. IT WILL TAKE TIME FOR THE INFECTION TO TAKE HOLD AND CAUSE SEPTIC SHOCK. IT ALSO TAKES TIME FOR PATHOGENS TO PRODUCE EXOGENOUS PYROGENS. HOWEVER IN THIS CASE THE GUY DIED IMMEDIATELY. SO WHAT YOU JUST WROTE IS RUBBISH
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by femijck(m): 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
RAW EGG IS highly poisonous nt really because of d bacteria or watever but mainly because of the poisonous chemical in it (AVIDINE) this chemical can only be deactivated by addition of heat.,either by boiling or by frying
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by femijck(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
SniperInADiaper: What actually killed him tho?
the avidine presently in the raw egg
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
femijck: the avidine presently in the raw egg
IT TAKES FOOD A FEW HOURS TO DIGEST. IT TAKES A WHILE FOR THE AVIDIN TO BE RELEASED. HOWEVER THIS FELLA DIED IMMEDIATELY. IT WAS NOT AVIDIN
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by koruji(m): 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
Raw egg is actually good for you - but 28 of it will fill the stomach with a massive amount of enzymes. Call it egg overdoze.

Law-confessor:
Gosh!! Consuming Raw Eggs is odd
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by femijck(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: IT TAKES FOOD A FEW HOURS TO DIGEST. IT TAKES A WHILE FOR THE AVIDIN TO BE RELEASED. HOWEVER THIS FELLA DIED IMMEDIATELY. IT WAS NOT AVIDIN
then wat do u suggest ? Coz dealth from raw egg is best diagnose in relatn to avidin as in d case of carbon mono-oxide and deoxy-hb
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by plendil: 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
Na wa O!! Toxic stuff just dey flow everywhere. Not surprising since even the tradomedical healer claims ''doctor'' grin grin grin
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by plendil: 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
femijck: RAW EGG IS highly poisonous nt really because of d bacteria or watever but mainly because of the poisonous chemical in it (AVIDINE) this chemical can only be deactivated by addition of heat.,either by boiling or by frying

Avidin is NOT poisonous. What happens is that it binds to the biotin present in egg white preventing its absorption. Like other have rightly noted it would take quite a while for boitin deficiency to develop, even then it is very unlikely to lead to the death of the man.

This rules out avidin being the source of death.
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by plendil: 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
miky:

you have your info mixed up, but thats ok.. septic shock is caused by cytokine, infact i saw a patient not too long ago few months maybe with similar condition..i doubt your in the medical field? its hard for me to explain as it wouldn't even make sense smiley.

I agree septic shock can be caused by the release of cytokines. But like I said earlier, it more likely to be what is called a ''Cytokine Storm''. Its actually a new phenomenon, so I won't be surprised if some doctors, especially those chronic MOs that refuse to update their knowledge don't know anything about it.

The key difference between the two is that sepsis occurs more frequently in those with compromised immunity, cytokine storms occur in healthy individuals with intact immune systems.
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by dammillici(m): 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
The guy dey form niggaraw na..
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by sweetangel1: 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
na stupid man
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
itz like u people hav ruled out coincidence of heart attack/failure during d time he was doin dat thing, choking or someoda somtn dat could be worsened by d mere condition of having such excess fluid being consumed

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by miky(m): 9:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
plendil:

I agree septic shock can be caused by the release of cytokines. But like I said earlier, it more likely to be what is called a ''Cytokine Storm''. Its actually a new phenomenon, so I won't be surprised if some doctors, especially those chronic MOs that refuse to update their knowledge don't know anything about it.

The key difference between the two is that sepsis occurs more frequently in those with compromised immunity, cytokine storms occur in healthy individuals with intact immune systems.

lol cytokine storm is not a new anything bros shocked grin.. its literally just alot of cytokines but whatever you win..its obvious you have no clue what ur saying or what the translation from the net corresponds too.. so i leave it there..

if septic shock can be caused by cytokine release then what other modes causes it? cytokines are like neurotransmitter they only innervate or bind to one receptor producing one and only one kind of respond.. the body is immaculate in that way.. but based on your thinking, u believe other things can cause septic shock? if not then only cytokines causes septic shock. cytokine storm translate to many cytokines present in blood and tissue, septic shock like i said na em cause that guy to feel pains, prolly from dilating blood vessels and stuff...

what gives u the impression doctors don't update thinking lol?? i knew one naija man that practised as a surgeon for 17 yrs in naija, he couldn't pass the boards here in the states..dude went for radiology instead.. its not so rosy believe me
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 02, 2013
how come so much intellectual physicians in nairaland and people stil die in nigeria...IF4U
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by mitchyy(f): 9:55am On Jan 04, 2013
dammillici: The guy dey form niggaraw na..
Lmao!
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by mitchyy(f): 9:56am On Jan 04, 2013
Movingcoil: how come so much intellectual physicians in nairaland and people stil die in nigeria...IF4U
undecided
Re: Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet by ceaser: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
obadiah777: RUBBISH. IT WILL TAKE TIME FOR THE INFECTION TO TAKE HOLD AND CAUSE SEPTIC SHOCK. IT ALSO TAKES TIME FOR PATHOGENS TO PRODUCE EXOGENOUS PYROGENS. HOWEVER IN THIS CASE THE GUY DIED IMMEDIATELY. SO WHAT YOU JUST WROTE IS RUBBISH

What is this guy talking about? Blabbing about pathogens taking time to produce exogenous pyrogens. Hello. The moment an immune individual gets infected with pathogens, the body's defence system kicks in. Could even become sorta overactive or overcompensated or "stormy" response (harmful in itself) in intact immunity.

You don't seem to know the various levels of body "firewalls" that an infective organism has to break before infection is eventually established - the histiocytes in the skin is all that necessary to kick-start an immunological cascade which involves activation of APCs and subsequent recruitment of the full cytokine arsenal. A simple protein derivative of a bacterial cell wall, heck even a pollen grain or even something as apparently harmless as latex rubber coming in contact with the skin is enough to ignite the hell-heat associated with type 1 hypersensitivity in an already sensitized individual, the guy could as well be having an allergy to a component in raw egg - something not uncommon. In moments, leukotrines are released massively, histamine mediated vasodilatation and histamine mediated bronchoconstriction, there goes your shock, anaphylaxis which may or may not be in tandem with septic shock (in immunocompromised individual). Listen dude, the best anyone can rant here is the most probable cause of death and considering the fact that you weren't at the scene to take note of other variables of the patient clinical status, you can't claim monopoly of correctness, even morbid pathologists won't. That's why the concept of "differential diagnoses" come in, except you don't know what that means too which won't be unexpected for a professor claiming even a remote connection between 26 raw eggs "dilating or stretching" the gastric mucosa so much as to cause torsade de pointes. Hmmm, na wa o.

Movingcoil: itz like u people hav ruled out coincidence of heart attack/failure during d time he was doin dat thing, choking or someoda somtn dat could be worsened by d mere condition of having such excess fluid being consumed

The possibility that he choked or even aspirated on his own gastric content might not be out of place but due to the fact that many of us here always think of the high-falluting stuff first, we fail to acknowledge the simplest of possibilities that could arise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four-year-old Boy With 13 Fingers And 12 Toes / Unemployed Man Returns Wallet Filled With Money In Lagos / Nairalander "Alexreports" Covers Front Page Of THE ENTREPRENEUR Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.