Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1211745 members, 1568822 topics. Date: Monday, 28 July 2014 at 09:34 PM

Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' (498 Views)

Are Ibos Paying For The Blood Of The Ibo Children Starved By Biafran Solders? / Who Are Igbo And Yoruba? / Ex-biafran Soldiers Slam Ojukwu Over War Threat (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by onomeasike: 12:43am On Dec 28, 2012
I had often wondered why would a particular group of the Ibos tribe suffer a different fate from the other ibos who led the biafran struggle and reasoned there must be a particular reason that the women and children of the ibo biafran soldiers and civilian elites were not starved during the war.
That it is not an accident that,even though the children of the Ojukwu's,Achebes were already born during the war,they were not among those children being starved of food and medical supplies.
As a matter of fact,the biafran soldiers and civilians who authorized that the picture of those starving children and women be taken,do not have their children among the malnourished children who were eventually starved to death.

1)That there is an incontrovertible fact that the ibo culture does not value the lives of those ibos considered to be Osu(outcast)

2)That at the time the idea of the propaganda of using the picture of starved children to pressurize nigerian govt to allow them passage for ferrying arms and ammunition to biafraland was hatched,it is culturally acceptable (and even up till present day)that the lives of the Osu(outcast) be sacrificed as the ibo culture believes that their (osu)lives are dedicated to the gods.And in the case of sacrificing them for the general ibo cause,it is most convenient and acceptable.

3)That most of the leaders of biafran cause(the Ojukwu,achebe etc) were non-osu and there was a collective and pre-meditated act of genocide planned and excuted by the non-osu ibos against the Osu ibos and most ibos actively try to keep this away from public view or discourse because the osu-ibos and their lives dont matter.They are sub-human beings in ibo culture. shocked shocked

4)that the federal Government,amnesty international,ICC -Hague and other global human rights body should as a matter of fact investigate these my findings and prosecute these ibo leaders of non-osu descent.

5)That the fate of the osu-ibo has not changed even till this present day and osu-ibos would suffer similar fate if a similar occasion arises now or in the future.many of them will prefer to suffer in silence than confront their 'better' superior ibo folks.Osu stigmatization in iboland is far worse than HIV stigmatization.

6)if the killing of twins can be stopped in calabar decades ago,the fight against oppression of osu-ibos can be stopped this day and adequate restitution made against the osu-killed and starved to death in a war experiment called biafra war!
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Ryabcool(m): 1:09am On Dec 28, 2012
onomeasike: I had often wondered why would a particular group of the Ibos tribe suffer a different fate from the other ibos who led the biafran struggle and reasoned there must be a particular reason that the women and children of the ibo biafran soldiers and civilian elites were not starved during the war.
That it is not an accident that,even though the children of the Ojukwu's,Achebes were already born during the war,they were not among those children being starved of food and medical supplies.
As a matter of fact,the biafran soldiers and civilians who authorized that the picture of those starving children and women be taken,do not have their children among the malnourished children who were eventually starved to death.

1)That there is an incontrovertible fact that the ibo culture does not value the lives of those ibos considered to be Osu(outcast)

2)That at the time the idea of the propaganda of using the picture of starved children to pressurize nigerian govt to allow them passage for ferrying arms and ammunition to biafraland was hatched,it is culturally acceptable (and even up till present day)that the lives of the Osu(outcast) be sacrificed as the ibo culture believes that their (osu)lives are dedicated to the gods.And in the case of sacrificing them for the general ibo cause,it is most convenient and acceptable.

3)That most of the leaders of biafran cause(the Ojukwu,achebe etc) were non-o
Jesus! Is this your justification for starving innocent kids? Is this your justification? What makes you different from an Osu? Is it not the same eyes, nose, mouth, hands, ears, legs that you have that they also have? OMG! May God forgive you!
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Ryabcool(m): 1:09am On Dec 28, 2012
onomeasike: I had often wondered why would a particular group of the Ibos tribe suffer a different fate from the other ibos who led the biafran struggle and reasoned there must be a particular reason that the women and children of the ibo biafran soldiers and civilian elites were not starved during the war.

3)That most of the leaders of biafran cause(the Ojukwu,achebe etc) were non-o
Jesus! Is this your justification for starving innocent kids? Is this your justification? What makes you different from an Osu? Is it not the same eyes, nose, mouth, hands, ears, legs that you have that they also have? OMG! May God forgive you!
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by onomeasike: 1:17am On Dec 28, 2012
that they are innocent kids,you are absolutely correct,what is offensive is that these non-osu ibos(which may include you if you are igbo) don't value the lives of osu-ibos.They will sacrifice them over and over again and nothing will happen like it occurred during biafran war.This dangerous practice has enjoyed the pretentious fancy of the non-osu ibos for ages.They should be investigated and prosecuted.The non-osu ibos were the ones taking the pictures and sending it to international press during the war.It was convenient for these non-osu ibos because they are justified and covered with immunity under ibo tradition.For all they care,their children are not among the children and they are Osu!!
The ibos knew this fact and they dare not challenge it !!
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Ryabcool(m): 1:28am On Dec 28, 2012
onomeasike: that they are innocent kids,you are absolutely correct,what is offensive is that these non-osu ibos(which may include you if you are igbo) don't value the lives of osu-ibos.They will sacrifice them over and over again and nothing will happen like it occurred during biafran war.This dangerous practice has enjoyed the pretentious fancy of the non-osu ibos for ages.They should be investigated and prosecuted.The non-osu ibos were the ones taking the pictures and sending it to international press during the war.It was convenient for these non-osu ibos because they are justified and covered with immunity under ibo tradition.For all they care,their children are not among the children and they are Osu!!
The ibos knew this fact and they dare not challenge it !!
in other words, the non osu are directly responsible for what happened to those kids(God bless their innocent souls) during the civil war? The Non Osu intentionally starved the Osu in order to preserve themselves? Is this what you are insinuating? Interesting...
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by onomeasike: 3:34am On Dec 28, 2012
Ryabcool: in other words, the non osu are directly responsible for what happened to those kids(God bless their innocent souls) during the civil war? The Non Osu intentionally starved the Osu in order to preserve themselves? Is this what you are insinuating? Interesting...

yes.infact,the non-osu(Ojukwu,Achebe) are directly responsible for what happened to those kids(God bless their innocence) during the civil war.The non-osu(Ojukwu,Achebe) intentionally starved the osu in order to preserve themselves because they fed their own children(like Dibie and Chukwuemeka ojukwu Jnr),wives and largely the non-osus while starving the osu of food as a propaganda tool.The osus are less collateral.How many of the top biafrans lost their children in the war.it just does not add up just like how the first coup,it happened that only the non-ibos got killed.Ibos are their own worst enemies with this obnoxious osu system.A lot of injustice happened to the Osu during the war and it is still on.From marriage,political and traditional appointments,rights and privileges.It stinks to high heavens if the world continues to permit this osu and atrociticy committed against them.As we speak now,most osu dread marrying fellow ibos or establishing their bases in iboland.
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by hypeman(m): 3:44am On Dec 28, 2012
What the feck is "Osu?" undecided
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by onomeasike: 4:17am On Dec 28, 2012
hypeman: What the feck is "Osu?" undecided

I asked this question a few years ago and the response I got was shocking,my fear was later confirmed when the issue was debated on either MEE(Late wife of Richard Mofe-Damijo)show or Agatha's show.It is a sadistic practice that the ibos still practice still today.In summary,the OSU(Outcast) are ibos who for generations have been classified as 'meat' for sacrificing the ibo gods.recall ikemefuna in achebe's 'things fall apart'.An ibo friend told me that pronouncing the word 'OSU' is an abomination in iboland so there is a coded way of refering to them-the literal meaning is'those people of the left' i.e wrong or abnormal people'.These group of ibos according to my friend have been suffering a lot of injustice for ages and they are convenient prey for all obnoxious traditional practices including using them for human sacrifices.They are not allowed to build their houses among the rest of the community and they are forbidden from marrying non-osu ibos,if it happens,the non-osu ibo that marries an osu will be disowned by his/her family and a curse placed on that person for marrying an osu(outcast).

I asked my friend out of curiousity,how do I know the osu-ibos,he said only ibos can know.He claimed you can know from their names,the location of their family house in the village and on a particular market day,they(osu) have a particular sign they bear shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I nearly collapsed.Imagine a non-ibo hearing this kind of thing.my heart felt a lot of pity and upset at the attitude of educated ibo elite who are still sustaining the practice.I believe the ibo tradition conveniently permits this injustice.injustice was done against them during the war!!
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by onomeasike: 4:25am On Dec 28, 2012
ignore the pretentions being perpetuated by ibo goons on nairaland,even if biafra is achieved,the osus will never willingly return to their villages.the psychological trauma is heart-rending.they run their basis far away from their region or villages.The non-osu ibos dont respect or value them or thei lives.Trust me,they are the most casualties of that starvation propaganda gone awry.Nobody will try what they did with those children and women with a freeborn of iboland and go scotfree.They consider their death less collateral.
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Ivynwa(f): 4:43am On Dec 28, 2012
Are you fellas not tired of "Igbo this, Igbo that" throughout this xmas week?

1 Like

Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Yibos don suffer.
Even benin pipu don join the train.

U never hear anything,
why una start wetin una no fit finish. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oselogbe! grin

1 Like

Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by RickyRoss1(m): 7:26am On Dec 28, 2012
onomeasike:

I asked this question a few years ago and the response I got was shocking,my fear was later confirmed when the issue was debated on either MEE(Late wife of Richard Mofe-Damijo)show or Agatha's show.It is a sadistic practice that the ibos still practice still today.In summary,the OSU(Outcast) are ibos who for generations have been classified as 'meat' for sacrificing the ibo gods.recall ikemefuna in achebe's 'things fall apart'.An ibo friend told me that pronouncing the word 'OSU' is an abomination in iboland so there is a coded way of refering to them-the literal meaning is'those people of the left' i.e wrong or abnormal people'.These group of ibos according to my friend have been suffering a lot of injustice for ages and they are convenient prey for all obnoxious traditional practices including using them for human sacrifices.They are not allowed to build their houses among the rest of the community and they are forbidden from marrying non-osu ibos,if it happens,the non-osu ibo that marries an osu will be disowned by his/her family and a curse placed on that person for marrying an osu(outcast).

I asked my friend out of curiousity,how do I know the osu-ibos,he said only ibos can know.He claimed you can know from their names,the location of their family house in the village and on a particular market day,they(osu) have a particular sign they bear shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I nearly collapsed.Imagine a non-ibo hearing this kind of thing.my heart felt a lot of pity and upset at the attitude of educated ibo elite who are still sustaining the practice.I believe the ibo tradition conveniently permits this injustice.injustice was done against them during the war!!

MUGU, dont start what you cannot finish my man. No Igbo group have any hand in the starving of innocent children. No Igbo group was singled out. It was the intention of awolowooo to starve innocent Igbo children to death, awo did not single out any particular igbo.

Also, do you claim to know too much than the Igbos. Osu is a bad thing that still exists in some parts of Igbo, but it is ALMOST EXTINCT. I made a post about Osu not up to 2 months ago. I am a free born, and in my part of Imo state Osu still exists and am not happy with it. BUT in Abia, Enugu, Anambra etc it does not exists anymore. In Owerri and other parts of Imo state osu does not exists anymore. It is mainly in Ikeduru LGA where i come from that people still practice this, and believe me it is almost extinct in my place now. When i was in primary school our parents warned us not to patronize babers shops owned by an osu. We were told if they barbed our hair we would authomatically become osu. We were told not to marry them bla bla bla. My best friend in primary scool was osu, but i do not let him come to my house or use the same towel with me. All these has stopped long ago. Since the last 10 years or so we patronize osu owned babers shops, the only stumbling block is marriage. Most free born are afriad to marry an osu bc we were told some untold calamities will befall you if you marry osu. Nut like i said, this is happening in few communities in Imo state, so DO NOT GENERALIZE AND DO NOT CLAIM TO KNOW BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE WHO ARE INVOLVED. MILLIONS OF IGBOS FROM ABIA, ANAMBRA, ENUGU, EBONYI STATE ETC DO NOT KNOW WHAT OSU IS.
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by ilugunboy(m): 7:33am On Dec 28, 2012
Very shameful practice ...

I will rather come from a tribe that "shye in nylon" than a tribe that discriminate against fellow humans simply on a crazy basis that belongs to pre-stone age.

1 Like

Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by ba7man(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2012
Confusing....I thought OSU was a state owned University in Ogun State.
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by miiraaj: 8:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

MUGU, dont start what you cannot finish my man. No Igbo group have any hand in the starving of innocent children. No Igbo group was singled out. It was the intention of awolowooo to starve innocent Igbo children to death, awo did not single out any particular igbo.

Also, do you claim to know too much than the Igbos. Osu is a bad thing that still exists in some parts of Igbo, but it is ALMOST EXTINCT. I made a post about Osu not up to 2 months ago. I am a free born, and in my part of Imo state Osu still exists and am not happy with it. BUT in Abia, Enugu, Anambra etc it does not exists anymore. In Owerri and other parts of Imo state osu does not exists anymore. It is mainly in Ikeduru LGA where i come from that people still practice this, and believe me it is almost extinct in my place now. When i was in primary school our parents warned us not to patronize babers shops owned by an osu. We were told if they barbed our hair we would authomatically become osu. We were told not to marry them bla bla bla. My best friend in primary scool was osu, but i do not let him come to my house or use the same towel with me. All these has stopped long ago. Since the last 10 years or so we patronize osu owned babers shops, the only stumbling block is marriage. Most free born are afriad to marry an osu bc we were told some untold calamities will befall you if you marry osu. Nut like i said, this is happening in few communities in Imo state, so DO NOT GENERALIZE AND DO NOT CLAIM TO KNOW BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE WHO ARE INVOLVED. MILLIONS OF IGBOS FROM ABIA, ANAMBRA, ENUGU, EBONYI STATE ETC DO NOT KNOW WHAT OSU IS.

Why do Igbo people hate the truth? So,this primitive practise of Osu is still present among the Igbos in this present millenium? Hmmm... Dt explains lots of things about them. Arrogance,biaseness etc. Theyalways shout "marginalisation" on daily basis,and yet,they marginalise their own brothers and sister... How can an Igbo be president of Nigeria with such tradition? Its a pity...
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Sealeddeal: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2012
If the OP is seeking for a means to discuss the Osu caste system in Igboland,he should do that without attempting to make unfounded accusations.the Osu caste system played no role in the civil war.In fact,the war helped to almost kill that believe in osu caste.Now,in places where it is practiced,it surfaces during marraige and nothing more.
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by saxywale(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2012
OSU and freeborn, so confusing. A free born igbo would marry a Yoruba or Hausa but won't marry OSU igbo. I would not discuss on this sha cos I know little bout it.
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by miiraaj: 8:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Sealeddeal: If the OP is seeking for a means to discuss the Osu caste system in Igboland,he should do that without attempting to make unfounded accusations.the Osu caste system played no role in the civil war.In fact,the war helped to almost kill that believe in osu caste.Now,in places where it is practiced,it surfaces during marraige and nothing more.

Osu Caste System is still practised by Igbos as at Dec 28,2012? CHEI!!! Unbelievable.
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Hardfact: 8:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Onome, I know you dont know you know only too little of the Osu system.
Where did you get your info from?
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by GARRIx7(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
@Onome: Your theory that the starvation mainly affected the OSU is interesting but to an extent unfounded. While it may not ßξ entirely untrue, I'd need you to kindly back up ur claims with verifiable facts..

Thanks & Compliments of the season
Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
So Ojuku and co used OSU during the war as propaganda guinea pigs

Once again e no go better for Ojuku and Achebe

2 Likes

Re: Revealed!!the Children And Women Starved By Biafran Soldiers Are Igbo 'osu' by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 01, 2013
It is sad that in 2013 such a sickening practice such as the OSU caste system still exists in Ibo land. This is a caste system worse than what Hitler practised on the Jews. This is a caste system worst than apartheid.
Yet no prominent Igbo leader has ever spoken out against it.
It is a great shame that those regarded as OSU are treatedas slaves and second class citizens in their own land.
Iot is also a known fact that many igbo boysd andf girls who marry outside their tribe are OSUs and are forced to marry Yorubas or Hausas to escape a life time of discrimination.
Be informed-it is only an igbo man that can recognise an OSU.
It is a great shame.

(0) (Reply)

Premium Times Igbo Witch Hunt List / Ibadan Is Still A Dirty Place? / Patriotism: I Love Nigeria! I Pray That We All Glorify Her Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.