Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better (10635 Views)

Disposable Pants / Best Diaper For Babies / How Much Does A Packet Of Disposable Diaper Cost In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by FlamingGun: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
A topic like this makes a whole nonsense of Nairaland. Good gracious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Ngwakwe: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Op, Your question is out of context, you would have asked:

Trekking OR using private car, which is preferable?

Back to the topic:

It depends on financial power of a family.

To some, for Disposable Diaper:
It saves time, it's more convenient and also child friendly.

To the poor, for Disposable Diaper:
It drains the family purse, make the woman lazy, and decreases the suffering that is needed to bond the mother with the child.

rexxx: Let get your opinion on which diaper you prefer and why.

Washable or reusable cloth diaper
The reusable cloth diaper isn’t what it used to be.  Some cloth diapers now have double or triple layers and a multiply, fiber-filled strip, making them more absorbent than older styles. Some styles of cloth diapers now come with Velcro strips, eliminating the need for those large safety pins.  You can easy wash them at home using your hand or washing machine.

Disposable diaper
There are also various types and styles of disposable diapers, ranging from simple plastic covered paper diapers to the newest high-tech, cartoon covered, absorbent gel material filled, elastic legged disposables.

The question now which one do you prefer and also will use considering our economic environment
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have done both. Even to the extreme that a single cloth diaper cost $30
I prefer cloth because they don't contain the nasty chemicals that sposies do. I can buy natural fiber cloth diapers.

Cloth is cuter. You can't embroider a sposie.

Depending on how you chose to cloth it could be cheaper or more expensive. For me it was more expensive but I could use the diapers on all my children so in that regard it saved money.

Ill be back with cute fluff pictures.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Fluff!

Cloth diapers are SOOOOOO freaking easy in this day. You dont have to have pins for them. They make things called "Snappis" that replace the pins. They have velcroe and snap options even. 1 diaper (called one-size) can last a child from newborn to potty learning.

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Ellashow: 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
Disposable diaper is d best 2 use..
If considering d cost, dere's no nid 2 stretch ur pocket if u can't go 4 high quality ones, dere are some disposable diaper dat u can get @ affordable prices and of gud quality 2...

Aftall, poo na poo
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by gbanikiti(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Afam4ever don suffer!
afm4ever: I no understand wetin una dey talk o
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
Only a man would ask this question.
Prolly to avoid the expenses of disposable diaper.

1 Like

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
Siena: Disposables get my vote, I can't remember seeing terry diapers in recent years.

Terry diapers often cause diaper rash. I haven't observed the same when using disposables.

.......And so do disposable diapers.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by sleeknick: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
would'nt be bad to have both of thm tho...
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
SniperInADiaper: Fluff!

Cloth diapers are SOOOOOO freaking easy in this day. You dont have to have pins for them. They make things called "Snappis" that replace the pins. They have velcroe and snap options even. 1 diaper (called one-size) can last a child from newborn to potty learning.

ahhh!!

Now your username makes sense lol grin

I've always wondered.

Are you comparing cloth diaper to disposable diaper? Last time I bought a diaper was 3 years ago, I don't remember a pin .
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by rexxx: 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
The reason of this thread is to expose people to the idea that washable diapers have improved and is now more easy to use for example you don't need to use safety pin and the nappy are just shape like sanitary pads so u are not washing any big towel. How many families can afford to spend so much on disposable diaper. A cartoon of huggies diaper goes for between 8k to 10k. How many families can afford to spend so much. Washable diaper has advantages from economical to environmental advantages so why won't one consider it as an option
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by mysticgal(f): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
abeg all the big momma's should think,when you were born did you wear diapers the answer is no,so any diaper which you can afford,you should get it right away.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by austinsmat(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Women of this-days are too lazy see all of them are shouting disposal!disposal!! if I may ask what concern a house wife that always Stay indoor with disposal or when ur parent born u they use disposal

1 Like

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nasri100(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: FOR THE SAKE OF THE PLANET, REUSABLE. IMAGINE IF THERE ARE 500 MILLION BABIES EVERY YEAR USING AN AVERAGE OF 3 DISPOSABLES A DAY AND IMAGINE 4 BILLION WOMEN USING DISPOSABLE PADS 7 TIMES A MONTH ? NO WONDER THE WHOLE EARTH IS FULL OF TRASH cry ITS BEING TRASHED BY YALL AND YALL DISPOSABLES cry WHY YALL CANT RECYCLE BY USING WASHABLE TOWELS ? undecided
ñ

Lol so we have washable pads? LOOOOL
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by noskeybaba: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
One funny thing here is that most of u here claiming disposable shi.it used washable diapers called NAPKIN!!! Should we call it hypocrisy??
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by austinsmat(m): 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nasri100: ñ

pls pads is monthly recircle
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Engineer1985(m): 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
Disposable, to avoid infection
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
....*Yawns*...Must be a slow day on Nairaland today.

*Pushes NL Back to 7th browser tab*

..Debating Shitty Diapers Ehhh?..Nah Im Good.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

ahhh!!

Now your username makes sense lol grin

I've always wondered.

Are you comparing cloth diaper to disposable diaper? Last time I bought a diaper was 3 years ago, I don't remember a pin .

Actually my username has nothing to do with it. But good guess. My username is a nickname given to the sniper shooter in 2000 (google John Allen Muhammad).

Cloth and disposable can't compare. Cloth is superior angry
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
الملكي فوق الله: ....*Yawns*...Must be a slow day on Nairaland today.

*Pushes NL Back to 7th browser tab*

..Debating Shitty Diapers Ehhh?..Nah Im Good.

lmao!! You''re a hot mess, I swear grin grin
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

Actually my username has nothing to do with it. But good guess. My username is a nickname given to the sniper shooter in 2000 (google John Allen Muhammad).

Cloth and disposable can't compare. Cloth is superior angry

No, it doesn't.

Tell me what a washable diaper can do that a disposable diaper can't do.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nasri100: ñ

YES. WASHABLE SMALL TOWELS. WHAT DO YOU THINK WOMEN USED IN THE DAYS OF YORE ? undecided
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: YES. WASHABLE SMALL TOWELS. WHAT DO YOU THINK WOMEN USED IN THE DAYS OF YORE ? undecided

LOL he was prolly walking around with leaf diaper.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

No, it doesn't.

Tell me what a washable diaper can do that a disposable diaper can't do.

Oops. That smiley was supposed to be this one grin

Washable diapers can be reused. You can't reuse a sposie.

Sposies can't grow with your children.

They have hybrids. The cuteness of cloth but convenience of sposies.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Symphony007: 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Goldieluks:

So your implying that washable diaper poses as a risk to the health and safety of a child?
Where did you get your supposed "theory" from?

washable diapers are unhealthy in many ways. When a child urinates in such it has poor absorbtion which leads to the child getting rashes. And most mothers don't wash this napkins well using anticeptic so it retains dirt and germs which affects the child,
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Dmantle: 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
grin
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL he was prolly walking around with leaf diaper.
YOU MEAN 'ORGANIC DIAPER' grin grin grin grin
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: YOU MEAN 'ORGANIC DIAPER' grin grin grin grin

LWKMD grin grin

1 Like

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by ATMC(f): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: FOR THE SAKE OF THE PLANET, REUSABLE. IMAGINE IF THERE ARE 500 MILLION BABIES EVERY YEAR USING AN AVERAGE OF 3 DISPOSABLES A DAY AND IMAGINE 4 BILLION WOMEN USING DISPOSABLE PADS 7 TIMES A MONTH ? NO WONDER THE WHOLE EARTH IS FULL OF TRASH cry ITS BEING TRASHED BY YALL AND YALL DISPOSABLES cry WHY YALL CANT RECYCLE BY USING WASHABLE TOWELS ? undecided
you do ERR brah

1 Like

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

Oops. That smiley was supposed to be this one grin

Washable diapers can be reused. You can't reuse a sposie.

That's the point nau cheesy
Very convenient for women, esp career women.

Sposies can't grow with your children.
That's also the point tongue
Their cloths will grow with them.

They have hybrids. The cuteness of cloth but convenience of sposies.

Diapers have cute designs on them.

Oya, tell me more tongue
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: YOU MEAN 'ORGANIC DIAPER' grin grin grin grin

rotfl grin

1 Like

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
You can't match a sposie to an outfit. 1 pack of sposies have uniform designs. You can see in the pic I posted none of the diapers were similar.

Fwiw my children are in sposies now grin

I'm not a sposie hater. Just a cloth lover
Ileke-IdI:

That's the point nau cheesy
Very convenient for women, esp career women.

That's also the point tongue
Their cloths will grow with them.

Diapers have cute designs on them.

Oya, tell me more tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! He's different on nairaland / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. / Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.