Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants (19444 Views)

Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / 25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants / High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by dnative(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
If they had the capacity to process a visa in 10 days, why were they doing 60 days in the first instance - just because they can and this is naija? Someone please clarify
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by IYANGBALI: 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
brixton:

can she be as expensive as UK, london especially??
haaa canada is very expenses o
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
dangiwa09: .... this does not mean they'll increase number of actual visa issuance, it only means they'll revert to their original 10 days processing time. 10 days was their norm prior to early 2012, nothing new. Canada remains the most difficult visa to get, its easier to get British and American visas than Canadian visa. Canada even routinely deny Americans and Brits entry into Canada at their airport, and send them back home from their airport. As for your perceived notion that Canada wants your medical trip money, ... Canada has a socialized medical care, medical care is FREE for everyone, just present your OHIP card and you will be taken care of. Hospitals in Canada do not need your stolen money, they ara well organised and funded.
Yes. but you still pay heavily for your medicals though if you have not got trv or pr or you use the facility of a province you don't reside in.

delors:
. Its majorly a land filled with immigrants...even the whiteys are not Canadians, they are immigrants.
so who are Canadians? If my generation (white from England) go as far back as 1650 living in Canada, then I guess have all right to be called a full blooded Canadian.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Toppiano(m): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
BANGA SOUP: who cares,fired rice on my mind jor mtcheeeeeew
Fired rice or what? U go see sacked rice...otondo english grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Toppiano(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
IYA NGBALI: haaa canada is very expenses o
that is to say canada didnt dey expensif shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by ramalot(m): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
cammy jr.:
Nice Move, buh that country is expensive sha.

Tell me bout it. Just got back from toronto on a quick 2 day trip over xmas. Expensive is putting it nicely. Ish is ridiculous out there.
On the bright side, they accept US dollars, so i didn't have to change much of mine, hence shortchanging them a penny to the dollar per transaction . . BOO YA! cool (1 usd = .99 cad)
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by salmonkay: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
Good on but did we still need to go Ghana for visa again?Pls we need to know,and were the office lagos or Abuja pls enlighten me.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by canadaik(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
braine: Canada is the next choice destination. Hoping to find a good school that compliments my pocket.
then the university of manitoba would be the right choice, check it out
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by babymama3: 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
I live in the USA complete with citizenship and I love it here but if I were to emigrate today from Nigeria anywhere and I had my pick,Canada would be my first choice.

1 Like

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by mrdrizzy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
what m still curious about is why dnt they have "visa lottery"
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by mrdrizzy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
canadaik:
thanks alot for giving scope of the sch,i kinda checked it,bt the terms are ok..bt d deadline is so soon dec.31 .and also am curious ..is there by anychance any scholarship for international students in this sch,i actually saw one on "saint thomas university" applied for 2 times nw,i dnt even knw hw they check their list of if i was admitted or if the application form was recieved..thanks and pls reply
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by AAC: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
The reason why things are expensive in Canada is because two levels of taxation is applied on every item purchased. The GST (5%) and PST (7%). My advice to those who'll like to do their undergraduate study in Canada or outside Nig. is to make sure u can fund urself without hoping on scholarship or jobs. Life is much easier when u'r thr for ur post-graduate study.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by NwaTeacher1: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
Canadian govt want oil money. Consider the amount we spend yearly 4 oversee admission. Can't we use the money to make our universities to standard. Nigerians shld be wise
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Kayuzze1: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
I RESIDE IN TORONTO PRESENTLY. LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR,WHOEVER WANTS TO IMMIGRATE OR STUDY HERE IN CANADA SHOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME OUT TO LEARN A HAND-WORK.
THE REASON FOR THIS IS THAT YOU DON`T HAVE TO COME HERE AND START WORKING IN THE FACTORY, WHERE YOU GET LESS PAY, AND YOU ARE BEING WORN OUT.
HAND WORK(SUCH AS BARBING, HAIR-DRESSING, MECHANIC ETC) IS BIG MONEY HERE WHERE YOU GET TO MAKE ABOUT 2OO DOLLARS A DAY WITHOUT TAX.
WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS HERE. NO RACE OWN CANADA...
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Kayuzze1: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
salmonkay: Good on but did we still need to go Ghana for visa again?Pls we need to know,and were the office lagos or Abuja pls enlighten me.

Canadian high commission in Ghana issues permanent resident visa, also known as `landed` to Nigerians,Ghanians,Togolese.. etc that wants to relocate to Canada. The one in Naija is a Consulate, and issues all type of visas except `landed`visa.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by hoc2(m): 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
[quote author=Kayuzze1]I RESIDE IN TORONTO PRESENTLY. LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR,WHOEVER WANTS TO IMMIGRATE OR STUDY HERE IN CANADA SHOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME OUT TO LEARN A HAND-WORK.
THE REASON FOR THIS IS THAT YOU DON`T HAVE TO COME HERE AND START WORKING IN THE FACTORY, WHERE YOU GET LESS PAY, AND YOU ARE BEING WORN OUT.
HAND WORK(SUCH AS BARBING, HAIR-DRESSING, MECHANIC ETC) IS BIG MONEY HERE WHERE YOU GET TO MAKE ABOUT 2OO DOLLARS A DAY WITHOUT TAX.
WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS HERE. NO RACE OWN CANADA... [ i am a poor person and i wish to enter that country, wht can i do
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by hoc2(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nwa Teacher: Canadian govt want oil money. Consider the amount we spend yearly 4 oversee admission. Can't we use the money to make our universities to standard. Nigerians shld be wise
can i hv canadian high commision website in nageria.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Ladapo(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hello people,
I am so happy to hear this news as I just made an application ffor someone. I live in winnipeg (scary Cold...lol...we still survive). For anyone making application to the U of M, lemme know how I can help...
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by DollyParton1(f): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2012
TO everyone complaining about Canada being expensive, go to Norway and your jaw will drop...

2 Likes

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by SirP1: 1:00am On Dec 29, 2012
dangiwa09: .... this does not mean they'll increase number of actual visa issuance, it only means they'll revert to their original 10 days processing time. 10 days was their norm prior to early 2012, nothing new. Canada remains the most difficult visa to get, its easier to get British and American visas than Canadian visa. Canada even routinely deny Americans and Brits entry into Canada at their airport, and send them back home from their airport. As for your perceived notion that Canada wants your medical trip money, ... Canada has a socialized medical care, medical care is FREE for everyone, just present your OHIP card and you will be taken care of. Hospitals in Canada do not need your stolen money, they ara well organised and funded.
Who told you it's the hardest to get? I still think getting a uk tourist visa is more complicated than a canadian one. U need to visit the uk thread n read some of the reasons people are denied ..
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Zsupuk(f): 1:08am On Dec 29, 2012
Kayuzze1: I RESIDE IN TORONTO PRESENTLY. LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR,WHOEVER WANTS TO IMMIGRATE OR STUDY HERE IN CANADA SHOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME OUT TO LEARN A HAND-WORK.
HAND WORK(SUCH AS BARBING, HAIR-DRESSING, MECHANIC ETC) IS BIG MONEY HERE WHERE YOU GET TO MAKE ABOUT 2OO DOLLARS A DAY WITHOUT TAX. ----------------------------------------- Spoken truthfully. Studied in canada from high school through to post graduate, worked for four years then packed up and relocated bk to Kenya. Canada is a beautiful country beautiful place to be and quite friendly. Is it expensive? Nope UK is worse. As for schools look into small town schools like Trent, Brock, etc. Look for schools in Edmonton the weather is dreadful but easy to get jobs as you school. Each province has its own rules especially in regards to foreigners and work. ----------------------------------------
WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS HERE. NO RACE OWN CANADA...
----------------------------------------- Yes we are or i was. Great as it maybe Kenya Africa is still the place to be. You can learn alot out there make money but you will leave from paycheck to paycheck. In a developing world you can import what you learnt and become wealthy. If you have a chance to go, go for it but never make a foreign country your home.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by mrdrizzy(m): 2:35am On Dec 29, 2012
Ladapo: Hello people,
I am so happy to hear this news as I just made an application ffor someone. I live in winnipeg (scary Cold...lol...we still survive). For anyone making application to the U of M, lemme know how I can help...
am actually interested bt m coming in as a student,
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Ladapo(m): 2:52am On Dec 29, 2012
Mr. Drizzy, have you made your applications? What steps have you taken?
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by judiaco(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
shocked[color=#990000][/color]I Beg my people na true? angry
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by braine(m): 3:08am On Dec 30, 2012
canadaik:

I've checked it out and its good; they don't have the post-graduate course I'd like but I'll settle for a related alternative. Is that where you are? Thanks.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by hoc2(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2013
Zsupuk: ----------------------------------------- Yes we are or i was. Great as it maybe Kenya Africa is still the place to be. You can learn alot out there make money but you will leave from paycheck to paycheck. In a developing world you can import what you learnt and become wealthy. If you have a chance to go, go for it but never make a foreign country your home.
re u talking abt kenya, is that country ok because am tired of dis country pls give me link hw to get dere and re u dere too.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Zsupuk(f): 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
hoc2: re u talking abt kenya, is that country ok because am tired of dis country pls give me link hw to get dere and re u dere too.

Well I love love my country.. My point, is any developing country that has good leadership and great policies is the place to be, you can just feel it in the air that something is bound to explode..I love Africa, love itttttttt, and there are so many things to create, to develop, to build.

Kenya has its own share of problems because number one we very political especially now we are in a political year. BUT with our new constitution we as a people are unstoppable and with it we are able to make the politicians accountable.

Yes am here in Kenya and its very easy coming over as a Tourist cause you can get a Visa at point of entry, why exactly would you want to come over? For school, business, job opportunities, etc. Please inform me and I will try my best to give you the correct information.

Funny thing about Nigeria its a great country with amazing potential, the sleeping giant, trouble is leadership and corruption. Nigeria, best music everrrrr, movies they keep us here in Kenya entertained, fashion other than Ghana you got that, you got people with great business ideas, Nigerians or rather West Africans have entrepreneurship in their blood even in Canada you see them, and your men wow muy caliente. Above all i love your attitudes.

Oh and one thing you should know about Nigerians especially in Canada is their loving nature towards other Africans. Kenyans are individualistic while Nigerians are family, community oriented. When I was alone out there they used to make sure I was never stressed or lonely. They were very protective towards me, am non confrontational but when I was in a tough bind they used to come to my aid guns blazing. Nigerians in my book are OK.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by hoc2(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=Zsupuk]

Well I love love my country.. My point, is any developing country that has good leadership and great policies is the place to be, you can just feel it in the air that something is bound to explode..I love Africa, love itttttttt, and there are so many things to create, to develop, to build.

Kenya has its own share of problems because number one we very political especially now we are in a political year. BUT with our new constitution we as a people are unstoppable and with it we thanks for d advice, i knw nigeria is great country and i understand all ur points, only problem we hv in nigeria is poor leadership which d world knws, and america will never allow nigeria to hv good leader so we wouldnt be able to complete with them if u understand wht i mean. I hv been to london which i was deported so it nt easy for do things right again. I will like to come to kenya for job opportunity pls help me out. I just wish to leave d country for a year or two. Thanks
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by hoc2(m): 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
@Zsupuk, i hv reply to ur post. I said we all knw nigeria is a great country bt we hv bad leader. I wish to come to kenya for job opportunity, just to use to recover my deportation from UK because since den am unable to get things rite so i wish to leave 9ja for a year or two. So i will glad if u can asisst.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London. / Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Arochukwu For Architecture Research (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.