Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,104 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:58 AM

Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren (27543 Views)

Rivers Killings: Buhari Orders Security To Punish Sponsors / Court Renews Arrest Warrant On Tompolo, Orders Security Agencies To Produce Him / Police Releases List Of Authorized Siren Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by engrezebuiro: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2012
ents

Senator Chris Anyanwu yesterday accused Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha of ordering his security detail to attack her convoy and beat up her security men.

Wednesday’s convoy clash was the height of the personality clash between the two public officials both of whom were elected on the platform of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

But Okorocha’s spokesman Ebere Uzoukwa denied the claims by the senator.

He said the senator breached protocol by using a siren, which has been banned in the state.

“The senator’s vehicle suddenly rammed into the governor’s convoy close to the staff car, cutting off the lead security vehicle after overtaking dangerously and in a very suspicious manner,” Uzoukwa said.
But, Senator Anyanwu recounts the incident in Owerri, the Imo State capital. She described the governor’s security men’s action as “frightening” and “brutish”, adding that she had been threatened in the past at several occasions in the state.

Giving a graphic detail of the clash between her convoy and the governor’s security men, Senator Anyanwu said: “My day started around 9.30am when I visited the governor at the Government House on Tuesday to exchange pleasantries and he asked if I had adequate security and I said “yes” after which I left for my home town, Mbaise.”

“When we got to Azara Egbelu, we heard siren coming behind us and when it grew louder, we parked (our vehicles) to allow the convoy way to pass. But, surprisingly, the approaching convoy which comprised of truck loads of armed and stern looking men double crossed us and pulled out two of my drivers dragging them into the bush where they were mercilessly beaten and left with broken skull and bruises.

“When I could not bear it any more, I rushed out of my car barefooted and started shouting: “I am Senator Chris Anynawu please don’t kill my driver, but one of the armed men charged at me and threatened to shoot me for running into the governor’s convoy. All these while, the Governor was seated in his car with the glass wound down and I heard him shout at his security men to disarm my orderlies”.

Mrs. Anywanwu described the Governor’s action as “a misplaced show of power. The power of the state is so enormous and you don’t need to intimidate, harass or kill your people to assert your powers as a governor.

“I am tired of all these abuses and harassment in this state. It is not only in Imo State that they have female legislators. If they could do this to me, what will happen to the ordinary people, this has to stop”.

The governor’s spokesman insisted that Senator Anyanwu breached security, adding that her outburst of anger could have resulted in a heavy casualty if not for the discipline of the governor’s security men who displayed a high sense of decency, professionalism and maturity.

“Surprisingly, Senator Anyanwu, who no doubt knew the convoy was that of the governor of Imo State, alighted from her car and ordered her Naval security personnel to open fire. The Senator slapped both the governor’s Aide Camp and Chief Detail. She also rained abuses on the governor,” Uzoukwa said.

Sources in the state said there had been no love lost between the governor and the senator because of the perceived interest of the senator in contesting for governor.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/okorocha-ordered-attack-on-my-convoy-says-senator/
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Super1759: 11:07am On Dec 28, 2012
with the level of insecurity and kidnapping saga in the state, some people are still using siren...no one is above the law and should be dealt rightly
Though I still don't believe all this stories, some parts are twisted.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by engrezebuiro: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2012
Rochas don dey Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by outrage: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2012
Haha!! Chai, story story! Storyyyyyy!
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Venus20: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2012
engr. ezebuiro:
ents

Senator Chris Anyanwu yesterday accused Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha of ordering his security detail to attack her convoy and beat up her security men.

Wednesday’s convoy clash was the height of the personality clash between the two public officials both of whom were elected on the platform of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

He said the senator breached protocol by using a siren, which has been banned in the state.

“The senator’s vehicle suddenly rammed into the governor’s convoy close to the staff car, cutting off the lead security vehicle after overtaking dangerously and in a very suspicious manner,” Uzoukwa said.
But, Senator Anyanwu recounts the incident in Owerri, the Imo State capital. She described the governor’s security men’s action as “frightening” and “brutish”, adding that she had been threatened in the past at several occasions in the state.

Giving a graphic detail of the clash between her convoy and the governor’s security men, Senator Anyanwu said: “My day started around 9.30am when I visited the governor at the Government House on Tuesday to exchange pleasantries and he asked if I had adequate security and I said “yes” after which I left for my home town, Mbaise.”

“When we got to Azara Egbelu, we heard siren coming behind us and when it grew louder, we parked (our vehicles) to allow the convoy way to pass. But, surprisingly, the approaching convoy which comprised of truck loads of armed and stern looking men double crossed us and pulled out two of my drivers dragging them into the bush where they were mercilessly beaten and left with broken skull and bruises.

“When I could not bear it any more, I rushed out of my car barefooted and started shouting: “I am Senator Chris Anynawu please don’t kill my driver, but one of the armed men charged at me and threatened to shoot me for running into the governor’s convoy. All these while, the Governor was seated in his car with the glass wound down and I heard him shout at his security men to disarm my orderlies”.

Mrs. Anywanwu described the Governor’s action as “a misplaced show of power. The power of the state is so enormous and you don’t need to intimidate, harass or kill your people to assert your powers as a governor.

“I am tired of all these abuses and harassment in this state. It is not only in Imo State that they have female legislators. If they could do this to me, what will happen to the ordinary people, this has to stop”.

The governor’s spokesman insisted that Senator Anyanwu breached security, adding that her outburst of anger could have resulted in a heavy casualty if not for the discipline of the governor’s security men who displayed a high sense of decency, professionalism and maturity.

“Surprisingly, Senator Anyanwu, who no doubt knew the convoy was that of the governor of Imo State, alighted from her car and ordered her Naval security personnel to open fire. The Senator slapped both the governor’s Aide Camp and Chief Detail. She also rained abuses on the governor,” Uzoukwa said.

Sources in the state said there had been no love lost between the governor and the senator because of the perceived interest of the senator in contesting for governor.

Rochy baby 4 2015..

ermm..b4 I forget...
fourth cool

1 Like

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by jaso1(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Why is it so difficult for people to simply comply with a common law in the land? Okorocha is genuinely concern about bringing govt. close to those who made them yet some idiots busy with their dirty mouths criticizing the able Governor. Stupid!

9 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by k2039: 11:30am On Dec 28, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]When a governor decides to take law into is hand,it goes a long to show the caliber of people elected to political offices, Pathetic.

If the senator had done anything wrong, the governor should have directed the necessary agency to prosecute the offender.

Certainly, the beating had nothing to do with the senators offence, it had everything to do with the man's aspiration for his office
[/color]

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by vanstanzy(m): 11:43am On Dec 28, 2012
Can't we all just get along?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by dilbert100: 11:43am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Kabikala(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2012
Rochas is a fake person and it is becoming more apparent by the day. Pretending to be a democrat, but behaving like an autocrat.

The other time it was his securitymen fighting Peter Obi over a chair. Rochas' version of this story is unbelievable. That Chris Anyanwu ordered her naval securitymen to open fire! Haba!! No normal person will drive in such a way as to overtake and cut off a governor's convoy, moreso someone like Rochas with securitymen whose overzealouness have been well-documented.

Pride, they say, always goes before a fall.

26 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by RedLight1: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2012
i wonder what people will be sayin if its fashola.. I remember fashola and d soilder that passed brt lane.. Despite d fact that he didnt do much like rochas here.. People stil condemn him.. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Venus2.0:

Rochy baby 4 2015..

ermm..b4 I forget...
fourth cool
ur kwazie,..did u av to quote all tht??dayurmm som pipz deserv to die wit 2012

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Okijajuju1(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2012
BOOOOOM
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by dulphines: 11:50am On Dec 28, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]When a governor decides to take law into is hand,it goes a long to show the caliber of people elected to polotical offices.

If the senator had done anything wrong, the governor should have directed the necessary agency to prosecute the offender.

Certainly, the beating had nothing to do with the senators offence, it had everything to do with the man's aspiration for his office
[/color]
Bros, i hail o. Is it that u didn't proofread? I may be right with what i'm thinking though!
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by jide4lagos(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by cosmatika(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2012
Venus2.0:

Rochy baby 4 2015..

ermm..b4 I forget...
fourth cool
Must u copy d whole post? Ppl lyk u should be banned frm NL. Back to d topic; Good for d woman and Bad for Rochas. Mek I weed small, I'll be back

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Venus20: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2012
deejay_harry1: ur kwazie,..did u av to quote all tht??dayurmm som pipz deserv to die wit 2012

some pipo like you, abi undecided
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2012
These people are animals in human skin. We don't even know which story to believe. Idiots, both of them. A naval soldier is now security official to a senator. Governors carrying truck load of mopol to attack and scare the masses. Nigeria is fuc.ked up than I imagined. very sad.

9 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Symphony007: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2012
engr. ezebuiro:
ents

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/okorocha-ordered-attack-on-my-convoy-says-senator/
why should a senator move in a motorcade? And why should a governour even need a motorcade. In my view only the top four need motorcades. The president, vice president, senate president and speaker of the house.
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Okijajuju1(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2012
engr. ezebuiro:

This has got to be my favorite line of the day...

So she doesnt consider herself ordinary ...

And she thinks that security beating up her driver is the worst thing that can happen to her?!

She should go on youtube and watch what Naval men did to that woman in Lagos..

8 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by ifeegee(f): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Venus2.0:

Rochy baby 4 2015..

ermm..b4 I forget...
fourth cool
I'm sure u didn't even bother to read the article,as soon as u saw "ROCHAS" you just rushed to type ur gibberish.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by fkaz(m): 11:58am On Dec 28, 2012
Make he take A̶̲̥̅♏ easy o,before he go start to beat reverend fathers and prophet. Beta still he shld ask his predecessor.
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by DANILSA(m): 11:58am On Dec 28, 2012
THE STORY DON'T LOOK STRAIGHT, SOME LIES FROM ANYANWU SIDE AND SOME FROM OKOROCHA'S SIDE. WELL FROM THE THRASH ABOVE THEY ARE BOTH WRONG.
1. WHY SHOULD THE WOMAN GO AGAINST THE LAW
2. WHY SHOULD OKOROCHA TAKE LAWS INTO HIS HANDS
3. WHY SHOULD SHE ORDER HER GUARDS TO OPEN FIRE
4. SHE KNEW THE RATE OF KIDNAPPING WAS HIGH, WHY TEMPT THE GOVERNOR
5. EVEN IF SHE WAS WRONG WAS WOULD ROCHAS GIVE SUCH ORDERS
MY QUESTION HENCE, IS THE GOVERNOR'S ADC WITHOUT CONTROL FOR HIM TO BEAT ONE PERSON EVERY-WEEK OR IS ROCHAS ALWAY FRAMED UP BY HIS OPPONENTS?
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by omonnakoda: 11:59am On Dec 28, 2012
This is the manner of animals when you give them their own states.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Navalsadiq(m): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2012
rochas has got no right to do that.the law can only take its course..
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by illuminutty: 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
if they had shot at themselves then i would have believed this crappy story
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Dmantle: 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
LET US HERE THE GOVERNORS SIDE OF THE STORY.......
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Venus20: 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
ifee-gee:
I'm sure u didn't bother to read the article,as soon as u saw "ROCHAS" you just rush to type ur gibberish.
Park well young lassie. Else I'll send my security after you angry
Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Okijajuju1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
DANILSA: THE STORY DON'T LOOK STRAIGHT, SOME LIES FROM ANYANWU SIDE AND SOME FROM OKOROCHA'S SIDE. WELL FROM THE THRASH ABOVE THEY ARE BOTH WRONG.
1. WHY SHOULD THE WOMAN GO AGAINST THE LAW
2. WHY SHOULD OKOROCHA TAKE LAWS INTO HIS HANDS
3. WHY SHOULD SHE ORDER HER GUARDS TO OPEN FIRE
4. SHE KNEW THE RATE OF KIDNAPPING WAS HIGH, WHY TEMPT THE GOVERNOR
5. EVEN IF SHE WAS WRONG WAS WOULD ROCHAS GIVE SUCH ORDERS
MY QUESTION HENCE, IS THE GOVERNOR'S ADC WITHOUT CONTROL FOR HIM TO BEAT ONE PERSON EVERY-WEEK OR IS ROCHAS ALWAY FRAMED UP BY HIS OPPONENTS.

Answers coming soon...

Saty tuned..

1 Like

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
I'm not ready to believe an Mbaise woman's deathbed revelations, let alone her account of a contentious incident in which she/her interest was involved, sorry. Dem get as them be, I sabi them plenty.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
I don't know whom to believe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmed Salkida Arrested By DSS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport / Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists / 2023: Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.