Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments (25006 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 3:36am On Dec 29, 2012
I am not talking about where play. Most of the Zambians that won last years AFCON, play at clubs we don't even know of. Who has done more for the national team?
IK Uche: 18 goals in 40 matches

Osaze: 9 goals in 55 matches
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 4:00am On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994: I am not talking about where play. Most of the Zambians that won last years AFCON, play at clubs we don't even know of. Who has done more for the national team?

One is a Striker, the other one is a Winger.... Osaze goal ratio as a winger is 16% which is quite good, David Beckham 15%, Robben 27%, Duff 8%, Antonio Valencia 11%, Nani 23%, Simão 22% etc
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 5:19am On Dec 29, 2012
baby-boy:

One is a Striker, the other one is a Winger.... Osaze goal ratio as a winger is 16% which is quite good, David Beckham 15%, Robben 27%, Duff 8%, Antonio Valencia 11%, Nani 23%, Simão 22% etc

Osaze is a striker .....what position do you think he plays for his club?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/people/nigeria/7622/peter-odemwingie
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by chiswaggs: 6:13am On Dec 29, 2012
blink182: Lol, Osaze is our Messi and Ronaldo. He plays for Nigeria like those boys that play in very small local teams, hoping they would get noticed by a scout. If only they could all play like that instead you see players playing to ensure they do not get injured in a national match.
If he is our messi or ronaldo then Ike uche must surely be our Pele.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by mazinaija: 7:31am On Dec 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're very stupi.d. By your words, you've just shown that like Osaze your master, you don't care about the SE. You only care about ''Osaze'', because you're his stinking cotton-picking slave. And whether or not Keshi wins any title, Osaze remains OUT of the team. And stays out. You don't like it, Go eat shiit.
my friend no insults pls. However by your words u have just shown that u are not confidence of keshi or super chikens winning AFCON
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2012
Rajosh: nope he isn't on the list.kalu uche the elder brother of ike uche is different from uche kalu another nigerian player. Both kalu uche and uche kalu ply their trade in turkey. Kalu uche plays for kasimpasa while uche kalu plays for a club whose name i can't remember but that club is in the second tier. But i don't realy know if uche kalu was called as well.

...Guy you sound very informed,...I doff my heart for you.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ayusco: 8:51am On Dec 29, 2012
All this osaze is a winger bla bla bla how come nsofor has more goals in SE than him while spending less time in the national team? I give it to osaze he has done his bit but his fan-boys should stop with all the stories as if he was the eish.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by barikono(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2012
Good well is only there for the well-wishers. haters of football. are you God.
crisycent: See who is asking Osazee to grow up.....Yobo, you are very aware that you have lost form and that this keshi of a coach has no record. I know eagles will not go beyond the 2nd round, that is if they ever go past the 1st round. Osaze may not be Messi or CR, but he has always played his out heart in Nigerian shirt.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ebbsietc: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2012
Lol!!! Yobo u ar an old fool...he is my messi in nigeria,weather u lik it or nt...osaze is d future skipper of nigeria.the best tin u(yobo)will do 4 urself nd 4 d image of dat cartoon called keshi is to win the AFCON...non sense
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994: I am not talking about where play. Most of the Zambians that won last years AFCON, play at clubs we don't even know of. Who has done more for the national team?

Don't let IK Uche's goal count deceive you as Osaze is mostly deployed from the flanks and apart from that can you tell me any major tournament IK Uche has shone for Nigeria? At least we've seen Osaze in a few.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ayusco: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
Injuries have prevented ik uche from appearing in recent tournaments eg 2010 AFCON and World Cup while in 2008 nations cup he only started one game against Ghana in the quarter-finals. He was the one who won the penalty that yakubu converted
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
ebbsietc: Lol!!! Yobo u ar an old fool...he is my messi in nigeria,weather u lik it or nt...osaze is d future skipper of nigeria.the best tin u(yobo)will do 4 urself nd 4 d image of dat cartoon called keshi is to win the AFCON...non sense

Can you prove that?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

Don't let IK Uche's goal count deceive you as Osaze is mostly deployed from the flanks and apart from that can you tell me any major tournament IK Uche has shone for Nigeria? At least we've seen Osaze in a few.

As I said...

sambos994:

Osaze is a striker .....what position do you think he plays for his club?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/people/nigeria/7622/peter-odemwingie
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994:

As I said...

I know Osaze's position for club don't know why you are showing me goal.com links!
For the SE however he plays on the wings simple! Mikel is a DM at Chelsea AM for the Eagles so?

ayusco: Injuries have prevented ik uche from appearing in recent tournaments eg 2010 AFCON and World Cup while in 2008 nations cup he only started one game against Ghana in the quarter-finals. He was the one who won the penalty that yakubu converted
And I suppose that is Osaze's fault that IK keeps getting crocked before major tournaments. I respect IK but please don't compare their performances in the major tournaments. Osaze is a class above IK. Fact
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ideylaff: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
fkaz: LAGOS (AFP) – Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo has lashed out at Peter Odemwingie for being disrespectful after the West Bromwich Albion striker said the country does not have a team leader.

Odemwingie said via Twitter that recent Eagles captains have only looked out only for themselves and so the team lack a leader.

Yobo has now hit back at his national teammate, who was sensationally dropped from the squad for next month’s Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa

“Osaze has been reckless, disrespectful to most people. He’s not a kid, he should grow up because we cannot continue to baby sit him. He is responsible for his problems,” Yobo told Lagos radio Brila FM on Friday.

“This is not the first time he has been disrespectful. He is fighting all the coaches and at the World Cup he also disrespected me and he later apologised.

“He is not the (Lionel) Messi or (Cristiano) Ronaldo of Nigeria. He should look himself in the mirror.”

The Fenerbache star gave credit to coach Stephen Keshi for the provisional squad he picked for the AFCON, while admitting that he was surprised Obafemi Martins, Osaze, Taye Taiwo and Kalu Uche were not considered.

“I will give him credit for the squad. He will score 95 percent even though one or two should have been there,” said the former Everton defender.

“I’m sure he would have had some sleepless nights in selecting his team. Kalu Uche, Martins, Taye and Osaze not being there was a surprise but the coach must have his reasons and he cannot call everybody.”

Yobo also admitted that at 32 this is most likely his last AFCON.

“I think I have to admit it that this may be my last Nations Cup. We have to allow younger players to get their chance,” said the central defender, who has featured in five Nations Cups.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/twitter-war-yobo-hits-back-at-odemwingie/

"“He is not the (Lionel) Messi or (Cristiano) Ronaldo of Nigeria. He should look himself in the mirror.” LMAO ..... LOL
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ayusco: 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
@A-40 guy I don't get ur reasoning u asked y uche has not performed at tournaments I said he was injured and u said if it was ozase's fault did I say he injured him before? Fact is uche has only gone to one tournament while osaze has gone to four AFCON plus a world cup. So how logical does it sound to you that someone is 'class apart better' than someone who has featured in only handful of games in only one tournament(mind u the same tournament osaze didn't make any reasonable impression) is beyond me
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

I know Osaze's position for club don't know why you are showing me goal.com links!
For the SE however he plays on the wings simple! Mikel is a DM at Chelsea AM for the Eagles so?

And I suppose that is Osaze's fault that IK keeps getting crocked before major tournaments. I respect IK but please don't compare their performances in the major tournaments. Osaze is a class above IK. Fact

Anyway...my point is you have to be a disciplined player. Martins, who achieved much more than Osaze, didn't go on any social media to rant and rave when he wasn't selected. He wished the Eagles well, just like a professional football player. Would you really want a player like Osaze at camp. He will cause disunity among the players and question the coach, just as he has done before. Yobo is right, Osaze is not our Messi, it's not like Nigeria didn't qualify without him. We beat Liberia(who beat a star-studded Ghana 2-0) 6-1 without Odemwingie. And Osaze needs to grow up, he can't be fighting coach after coach. He fought Amodu, Lagerback, Siasia, and now Keshi. Osaze is a good player no doubt about that. But he needs to stop acting like a child and just go on with his career.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

All he said was that IK was injured during tournaments. Not that it was Osaze's fault. IK now has a chance to shiNe at AFCON, so your theory may not work in the long run.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
ayusco: @A-40 guy I don't get ur reasoning u asked y uche has not performed at tournaments I said he was injured and u said if it was ozase's fault did I say he injured him before? Fact is uche has only gone to one tournament while osaze has gone to four AFCON plus a world cup. So how logical does it sound to you that someone is 'class apart better' than someone who has featured in only handful of games in only one tournament(mind u the same tournament osaze didn't make any reasonable impression) is beyond me
Please read posts before you quote!! I didn't ask why he has not performed in major tournaments I asked which one has he performed in! Big difference
Osaze had a good Nations Cup outing in Tunisia 04 made Team of the Tournament in Angola 2010. Played very well at the Beijing Olympics. So I ask again which major tournament has IK Uche shone in for the SE?
Let's not even compare their club careers it would make IK look bad
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994:

Anyway...my point is you have to be a disciplined player. Martins, who achieved much more than Osaze, didn't go on any social media to rant and rave when he wasn't selected. He wished the Eagles well, just like a professional football player. Would you really want a player like Osaze at camp. He will cause disunity among the players and question the coach, just as he has done before. Yobo is right, Osaze is not our Messi, it's not like Nigeria didn't qualify without him. We beat Liberia(who beat a star-studded Ghana 2-0) 6-1 without Odemwingie. And Osaze needs to grow up, he can't be fighting coach after coach. He fought Amodu, Lagerback, Siasia, and now Keshi. Osaze is a good player no doubt about that. But he needs to stop acting like a child and just go on with his career.
If you where a player I wonder how happy you would feel about riding the bench. Its not like he is a player with questionable work ethic or indiscipline. He aint running no cabal neither is he breaking camp rules whenever he plays for the SE! Lagerback,Siasia,Amodu how successful did they end up?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

If you where a player I wonder how happy you would feel about riding the bench. Its not like he is a player with questionable work ethic or indiscipline. He aint running no cabal neither is he breaking camp rules whenever he plays for the SE! Lagerback,Siasia,Amodu how successful did they end up?

I wouldn't fight with every coach that puts me on bench. I'd be frustrated but you wouldn't see me going on twitter ranting and raving. Like I said, look at the other players who were snubbed, like Martins. He hasn't played since 2010(excluding game vs. Venezuela), you don't see him going on twitter ranting and raving do you? Osaze should be a professional and just go on with his career.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ayusco: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
@A-40 again I reiterate wc tournament is uche supposed to shine in when he is injured? Osaze had a good 2004 AFCON yet he missed a penalty during the shoot-out with Tunisia made team of tournament yet couldn't inpire team to AFCON win.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ayusco: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
Plus obasi was the eish at Olympics even nsofor did his bit. If pesin no dey here na so u go dey hoodwink pple sey osaze na second coming of maradona
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
ayusco: @A-40 again I reiterate wc tournament is uche supposed to shine in when he is injured? Osaze had a good 2004 AFCON yet he missed a penalty during the shoot-out with Tunisia made team of tournament yet couldn't inpire team to AFCON win.
So you know he has not performed in any major tournament so what was the comparison about?
He missed a PK! Big deal! Baggio,Messi,C.Ronaldo,Kaka,Robben have all missed penalties at crucial times
Was it Osaze that was wasting chance after chance against Ghana? He still made the Star XI of that tournament! Get back to me when IK does that
Was Osaze a key member of that olympic squad or not? Leave beef at the door

sambos994:

I wouldn't fight with every coach that puts me on bench. I'd be frustrated but you wouldn't see me going on twitter ranting and raving. Like I said, look at the other players who were snubbed, like Martins. He hasn't played since 2010(excluding game vs. Venezuela), you don't see him going on twitter ranting and raving do you? Osaze should be a professional and just go on with his career.
Every player is not the same. I don't know why you expect Osaze to not express his feelings about being dropped! All these players passing comments about Osaze where not exactly saints in their time! Abi na because social media never dey?
Why not address the issue Osaze is complaining about instead of killing the messenger
If he feels he is wrongly being benched why shouldn't he express his displeasure? Especially when the guys playing ahead are not necessarily better
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

So you know he has not performed in any major tournament so what was the comparison about?
He missed a PK! Big deal! Baggio,Messi,C.Ronaldo,Kaka,Robben have all missed penalties at crucial times
Was it Osaze that was wasting chance after chance against Ghana? He still made the Star XI of that tournament! Get back to me when IK does that
Was Osaze a key member of that olympic squad or not? Leave beef at the door

Every player is not the same. I don't know why you expect Osaze to not express his feelings about being dropped! All these players passing comments about Osaze where not exactly saints in their time! Abi na because social media never dey?
Why not address the issue Osaze is complaining about instead of killing the messenger
If he feels he is wrongly being benched why shouldn't he express his displeasure? Especially when the guys playing ahead are not necessarily better

What do you mean "not the same?" It's not like complaining is going to help matters, he's dropped and that's that. Are we going to lose the first round just because he's not in camp? Will we lose every game just because he's not there? Did not the people who played against Liberia do fine?

Not only did he insult Keshi, but his teammate too. That's what bothers me the most. Imagine if he was invited to camp, he would start a rivalry with captain and that would cause disunity in the team. Would you want that?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
@A-40 Just to comment further....IK started playing in 2007, Osaze started playing in 2002.....not to mention IK was injured during AFCON 2010.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ayusco: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
@sambos don't argue with him he's just a player hater uche came into the team barely a year before the AFCON performed above average missed nxt tournament due to injury now count that against him with 'let him perform in tournaments' balderdash someone that's been scoring a goal evry other game. Last year when osaze was missing sitters left right and center against guinea uche came on proved y he should never have been benched by scoring. Wait for nxt AFCONs to judge him no osaze is better based on one flimsy tournament. Guy stick to German footie
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
I'm with ayusco on this issue. I still think that D Super Eagles would have progressed farther at the last world cup if Ike Uche and Mikel hadn't been injured.
That is not to say that Osaze isn't a fantastic player; he usually puts 150% effort when playing for Naija. The only problem is that he attacked his fellow teammates and coach in a most unprofessional manner.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994:

What do you mean "not the same?" It's not like complaining is going to help matters, he's dropped and that's that. Are we going to lose the first round just because he's not in camp? Will we lose every game just because he's not there? Did not the people who played against Liberia do fine?

Not only did he insult Keshi, but his teammate too. That's what bothers me the most. Imagine if he was invited to camp, he would start a rivalry with captain and that would cause disunity in the team. Would you want that?
Keshi needs to learn man management! You don't drop senior players on the pages of newspapers! Especially not a senior member of the squad you may need in the future!
What way did he insult Keshi? What is more insulting than not personally being told you are not making the team! You and I know this exclusion is political and not football based! No one is saying he should be reinstated back to the team but please allow him exercise his right to free speech

sambos994: @A-40 Just to comment further....IK started playing in 2007, Osaze started playing in 2002.....not to mention IK was injured during AFCON 2010.
That is not my argument? My point is he hasn't done anything in a major tournament to be compared to Osaze. And that was because someone here asked what Osaze has done in the SE
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Did you watch West-Brom games for real For a player who recovered from injuries largely last season, He has not done too badly this season either but I know He can still do more! See stats for yourself.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-odemwingie/leistungsdaten/spieler_12516.html

Wetin concern stats with a player fitting into a coach's plan? all i know is that he's not fit.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

Yeah but someone said Osaze squanders chances. IK squanders em too if not more

Really? Osaze has played 15 games and scored 4 goals not a bad return unless you are trying to compare the Russian league,Turkish league e.t.c to the EPL. He has also got sent off which disrupted his rhythm.
For those asking how well Osaze did in the last Nations Cup nigeria qualified for well he made team of the tournament

He does not fit into the coach's plan, wetin make we come do na? the coach prefers others to him.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Olaolufred(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40,
I think you have tried your best defending Osaze.
I use to do also.
I was not too glad he picked up fight with Siasia at beijing.
Since then, I had some mixed feelings about his personality.
However, all he did just because his name was not listed for afcon2013
revealed to me he has big character flaws.
Osaze has pride, and he is impulsive,that will limit his career.
Remember, he has never signed a contract of 15million pound all his life.
I think he should have been aiming a better career than this gross indiscipline.
I do respect his commitment in the past.
I would have been surprised why he was left out.
but now I know from his attitude that a coach who wants success will never look the direction of players with negative attitude.
That was visible in how he did badly on the way to seeing of Siasia.
Osaze's attitude is a big blow to my support for him as a fan.
I am dissapointed in him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hope Uzodimma Receives Desire Oparanozie, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Osinachi Ohale / A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... / Messi Facing Possible Two Year Ban For CONMEBOL Corruption Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.