Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:15 PM

Is that Nairaland gone? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is that Nairaland gone? (733 Views)

Now That Nairaland Is Officially A Pdp Wing / Is It True That Nairaland Is Full With False Story/news ? / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is that Nairaland gone? by Willy7(m): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
As the years go by,i cant help but notice the rapid changes on Nairaland.Some good changes like d advert space and new face,making it look more attractive and great,and some bad changes that make me sometimes even wonder if its still that Nairaland of even 3yrs ago.I Joined Nairaland back in 2009 before i changed to another handler in 2011.Back then i was so addicted to Nairaland because of the educative and informative prowess it exibited via the caliber of people here and their intelligent debates.I started recomending it to friends and family.In fact i was preaching about Nairaland like a gospel,lol.My favourite section was the politics,and i do visit d other sections too.The frontpage was always loaded with some great topics that you'll even be confused as to which to click on first.But as the days go by,i see so many (permit me to say)retrogressive changes,both in the Administrative Wise and membership wise.Today,the mods have become very biase in exercising their judgements on topics and comments.They allow topics that degenerates other tribes to make frontpage and not only that,they also allow the ethnic bashing and personal prejudices against individuals to go on unhindered.Today people tend to attack personalities than enter a debate.Today,frontpage topics are just gabages,even the celebrity news now are not entertaining or informative,just some boring and d.u.m.b stuffs.Finally and most impotantly in my personal observation is the lost in flavour of the then somewhat catchy, educative and sometimes matured humour of first posters on any topic.Honestly back then the first posters are always sounding smart and very enlightened,that will make you prefer d comments of posters to d news or topics itself.But today what do we have?1st to comment and last to comment and other funny comments greeting any new topic.And where you dont find those comments,you'll see 'This post has been hidden'.Probably because the poster may've said some d.u.m.b stuff.Its so pathetic seeing how things have greatly changed and mostly for d worst. Thanks. Happy New year peeps.

3 Likes

Re: Is that Nairaland gone? by k2039: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Pathetic.
Re: Is that Nairaland gone? by geeez: 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sad but its still interesting
Re: Is that Nairaland gone? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
seun is making his greenbacks and that is what matters in the end !
Re: Is that Nairaland gone? by ITbomb(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
Disgustingly Interesting
Re: Is that Nairaland gone? by gbanikiti(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
O ga adicha mma.

(1) (Reply)

Africa: Phones And Planes, The Nigerian Government Goes Shopping Again / Who Are The Children Of The Dead? / Lautech Student Arraigned By EFCC On His Way To Cash $6.9M [n1.03billion Naira]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.