Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! (8058 Views)

14 African Countries Forced By France To Pay Colonial Tax / Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=18pt]Silvio Berlusconi 'to pay ex-wife 36m euros a year'[/size]

Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has agreed to pay 36m euros (£30m; $48m) a year to his ex-wife Veronica Lario, reports say.

Berlusconi will keep the $100m villa where the couple lived with their three children, as part of a divorce deal reportedly filed on Christmas Day.

Ms Lario left Berlusconi in 2009 after he was seen at the 18th birthday party of an aspiring model.

US magazine Forbes estimated his wealth at nearly $6bn in March.

The Corriere della Sera newspaper reported that Ms Lario, 56, had initially asked for $56m a year.

Her 76-year-old ex-husband reportedly offered her about $5m.

The couple met in a dressing room in 1980 after Berlusconi saw Ms Lario perform in a Milan theatre.

They were married in 1990.

He has two other children from his first marriage and is currently engaged to 28-year-old Francesca Pascale .

Berlusconi was Italy's longest-serving post-war prime minister until he resigned in November 2011.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20857664
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
She definitely does not deserve it by earning it/contribution.

The only other justification possible is "if she was worth it". That is based on Silvio's opinion.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by k2039: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
$48m per year is too much.
$48m per year for doing nothing.

Frankly he messed up, he shouldn't have married, he doesn't need a wife to have kids and he doesn't need a wife to enjoy se.x.

2 Likes

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Tgirl4real(f): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
shocked shocked

Wow!!! It pays to marry a billionnaire. grin

Saggy, shouldn't this be in family section? cheesy
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tgirl4real: shocked shocked

Wow!!! It pays to marry a billionnaire. grin

Saggy, shouldn't this be in family section? cheesy

Well, I guess it can really be in any one of Politics, Foreign Affairs, Celebrity, Family..............., Business, Education or Crime sections.

4 Likes

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Pharoh: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
So what will be the reason to give her such amount of money every year?. Its not like she was jobless during the whole period of the marriage. What happens if the man is no longer worth six billion dollars, will he go to the bank to borrow money to meet up with this penalty?.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
Alimony sucks. What exactly did she do for him that justifies such a disgusting amount of yearly fees?
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by k2039: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Pharoh: So what will be the reason to give her such amount of money every year?. Its not like she was jobless during the whole period of the marriage. What happens if the man is no longer worth six billion dollars, will he go to the bank to borrow money to meet up with this penalty?.

He is 76 years, very close to death, he has too much money to ever go broke. Berlusconi had a net worth of $5.9 billion as of March 2012. So do the math.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
J12: Alimony sucks. What exactly did she do for him that justifies such a disgusting amount of yearly fees?

J12: What exactly did she do for him?

Western Judicial System: She got used to the lifestyle.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
k2039:

He is 76 years, very close to death, he has too much money to ever go broke.

True but it is still his money and it is his kids' inheritance.

If I was him and I was not happy to give that to her, I would make sure I deduct it from her own kids' inheritance. I actually think it is not too outrageous although it is above a level I think a court should have the powers to award, it should be the wealthy party's judgement.

If I was the one and she was worth it, after 30 years marriage, £30m a year from £6bn wealth should be nothing and I could give it.

But only if she was worth it AND it should be my judgement, not the courts.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by k2039: 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sagamite:

True but it is still his money and it is his kids' inheritance.

If I was him and I was not happy to give that to her, I would make sure I deduct it from her own kids' inheritance. I actually think it is not too outrageous although it is above a level I think a court should have the powers to award, it should be the wealthy party's judgement.

If I was the one and she was worth it, after 30 years marriage, £30m a year from £6bn wealth should be nothing and I could give it.

But only if she was worth it AND it should be my judgement, not the courts.

Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has agreed to pay 36m euros (£30m; $48m) a year to his ex-wife Veronica Lario, reports say.

I agree with you, but he agreed to pay her, I guess he thinks she deserves it.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by bodejohn(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
One of the reasons why Europeans are not legally getting married.
The cost of their divorce can settle boko boys forever!

1 Like

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by claremont(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
He could have avoided this by signing a pre-nup with her prior to marriage.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
k2039:
I agree with you, but he agreed to pay her, I guess he thinks she deserves it.

He might have agreed because his hand is twisted and he had no other favourable option.

There is a difference between commitment and compliance, even though both are agreements by a certain party. grin

One is happy and agrees, the other is unhappy/indifferent but agrees.

Until I hear reliable reports of his position on the outcome, I can not judge yet.

claremont: He could have avoided this by signing a pre-nup with her prior to marriage.

He got married in 1980, mate.

The world was slightly different then and he would not have known he would be this rich.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sagamite:

J12: What exactly did she do for him?

Western Judicial System: She got used to the lifestyle.

grin grin grin grin
Was she living on 3 million dollars per month while they were married? They're obviously encouraging gold digging and discouraging wealthy young men from getting married.

Berlusconi had a very bad negotiator or something else must have made him pay such an amount. I can't believe he can be this stupîd. His lawyer should be shot!

2 Likes

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
J12:
Was she living on 3 million dollars per month while they were married? They're obviously encouraging gold digging and discouraging wealthy young men from getting married.

Berlusconi had a very bad negotiator or something else must have made him pay such an amount. I can't believe he can be this stupîd. His lawyer should be shot!

The lawyer does not make the laws. The lawyer will get him the best deal he can get him within the constraints the law will place on him.

They have to give her a certain amount that is enough to deter her and reduce the attractiveness of wanting to go through a tedious process in court.

That is what happens when you have a stewpid law.

She gets $4m a month to enjoy her life. She is officially the highest earning actress despite not acting or generating any revenue.

In the West, smart attractive girls don't need to work, they should marry a rich man. They will make more money. grin
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Na wa ooo

Make we no talk anything

1 Like

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by gbanikiti(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Dayo,if i marry you we come divorce how much you go settle me?
dayokanu: Na wa ooo

Make we no talk anything
undecided
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbanikiti: Dayo,if i marry you we come divorce how much you go settle me? undecided

Make we marry first, before we decide that Beremole
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sagamite:

The lawyer does not make the laws. The lawyer will get him the best deal he can get him within the constraints the law will place on him.

They have to give her a certain amount that is enough to deter her and reduce the attractiveness of wanting to go through a tedious process in court.

That is what happens when you have a stewpid law.

She gets $4m a month to enjoy her life. She is officially the highest earning actress despite not acting or generating any revenue.

In the West, smart attractive girls don't need to work, they should marry a rich man. They will make more money. grin

Seriously man, this is not the best deal his lawyer can come up with. He can do way much better.
Such a shame that the dubious gold digger has struck a goldmine.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by aribisala0(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Normally I don't support such rubbish but

They have kids together 3
They were married 20 years
She is 56 and he 70 odd which means one of them will soon die.
Whoever dies first I believe payment will stop immediately
As a betting man I would say 10 years top before one of them pops grin
I better go to the bookies to see what odds I can get.
If she dies hopefully she will leave some of it if not most to his kids.
If they did not divorce and he had died suddenly she might even have got half or all his fortune.

1 Like

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Afam4eva(m): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
This is very wicked!!!
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Is this not Italy? Berlusconi Mafia?

Something tells me she might meet with a domestic accident soon. Either fall from staircase, Mistakenly disappear or hit by an unidentified drunk driver

3 Likes

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Tgirl4real(f): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
I really can't blame d wife jare. Why did she file for divorce is the question. As we can see, d old papa youngie is already engaged to a younger cutie. What more do you want the wife to do? She needs the cash for the emotional stress she's presently going through and d one she's gonna go thru. grin grin

Na d guy d divorce favour jare.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Pharoh: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
So if i waka enter hospital now that am depressed and emotional stressed, so na to go make money the doctor go recommend for me? grin. He no go better for oyinbo with phrases like emotional stressed and used to a certain life style or standard that needs to be maintained.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by yme1(f): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
He is worth 6bn, so 36m is nothing

she deserves it . she was married to him for 20 years, had his kids and he cheated on her

Abeg, is any of his son's single make I put in application? cheesy cheesy

Na people like this suppose dey preach about pre nup not sagamite that receives 10,000naira from his sagamu community every month, yet all his wives must sign pre nup angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tgirl4real: I really can't blame d wife jare. Why did she file for divorce is the question. As we can see, d old papa youngie is already engaged to a younger cutie. What more do you want the wife to do? She needs the cash for the emotional stress she's presently going through and d one she's gonna go thru. grin grin

Na d guy d divorce favour jare.

y me: He is worth 6bn, so 36m is nothing

she deserves it . she was married to him for 20 years, had his kids and he cheated on her

Na people like this suppose dey preach about pre nup not sagamite that receives 10,000naira from his sagamu community every month, yet all his wives must sign pre nup angry angry

Barawo banzas! tongue grin

My N10K a month salary enables me to live a gbo-gbo big boy life in Oyingbo! cool cheesy
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
Pharoh: So if i waka enter hospital now that am depressed and emotional stressed, so na to go make money the doctor go recommend for me? grin. He no go better for oyinbo with phrases like emotional stressed and used to a certain life style or standard that needs to be maintained.

You try, but such curses will not work efficiently when you use too much grammar. Let me help:

KO NI DA FUN AWON OYINBO!!!
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
y me: He is worth 6bn, so 36m is nothing

She deserves what? She'll receive over 300 million pounds over the next ten years for getting married and having kids? Na wa for women o, if its women that were paying the alimony, we no go hear word again.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by yme1(f): 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
J12:

She deserves what? She'll receive over 300 million pounds over the next ten years for getting married and having kids? Na wa for women o, if its women that were paying the alimony, we no go hear word again.
well, in this case she is not a go.ld digger like most of y'all will say

to me, it seems he wanted something new and fresh, he cheated on her and he is even engaged to a fine young azz angry
what do you expect the woman to do? sit down, fold her arms and be emotionally down?
oh plsssss. . . the money might mean nothing to her at the moment but hey she deserves it and even more grin
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Freiburger(m): 12:06am On Dec 29, 2012
make dem inflate that figure well well, e for be 480 mill undecided
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by GeneralJ(m): 12:07am On Dec 29, 2012
wow thats bleeped up, so wat she gonna use the money for, doesn't she already have a job? 48million naira while people in Sudan is starving

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here's Who Would Win If Russia, China, And America All Went To War Right Now / How Can Africa Break Lose From Western Control / VIDEO:Niger Ex-Finance Minister Cries After Told To Explain Missing Money Or Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.