Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession (1381 Views)

Civil Engineering And Accounting Software / The Prospect Of BA English Graduate In Accounting Profession / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by toptop: 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have an Msc in economics and am also a qualified ICAN member. Can i thrive in both fields at the same time?
Re: Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by Orpelin: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
mr toptop, dont tell me at this satge U are still confuse on the career path to tour,after being a charterd acct.
Both are related and distintive as regards ur current job.
what are u up to now?
which of the qualifactn are u using in ur present workplace?
are u statify in ur present job positn?
which of the mgt area is ur favorite: MA,FA,Audit, Forecasting & Investmt Accting, Int'l Mgt, forex & Monetary mgt.
All dis should be a pointer to u if truly U can thrive in both same time but personally, I believe U cant be acctant or economist at d same time

1 Like

Re: Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by franktolk(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have my first degree in Economics(B.SC), Msc in Financial Forecasting and Investment and I also have ICAN since 2004. I think you can practice as an acctant if u want to . But u could combine both knowledge in Finacial analysis or Investments.
Re: Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by toptop: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
I work with a Pension Fund Administrator, as a business development officer. Purely into marketing. I am not in any way satisfied. I decided to go for ICAN because economics is not that professional. I felt that with ICAN, i could eventually establish my own firm and be self employed when things go too hard on me (based on the uncertainty in nigerian financial sector). But my desire now is how to optimise both qualifications, bearing in mind that my present job cannot afford me such opportunity. Please i need candid advice.
Re: Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by toptop: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
@Frantolk, please what line of profession are you into presently? And has ICAN been significantly useful to you?
Re: Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by nitrogen(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
toptop: I work with a Pension Fund Administrator, as a business development officer. Purely into marketing. I am not in any way satisfied. I decided to go for ICAN because economics is not that professional. I felt that with ICAN, i could eventually establish my own firm and be self employed when things go too hard on me (based on the uncertainty in nigerian financial sector). But my desire now is how to optimise both qualifications, bearing in mind that my present job cannot afford me such opportunity. Please i need candid advice.
Why the bolded? No choice or what?
Perhaps you have been doing that before the ICAN and MSC thing.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by toptop: 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
@nitogen, i have been in the pension firm even before these qualifications. I joined with my bsc economics.
Re: Can I Combine Economics And Accounting Profession by Mustay(m): 7:10am On Dec 31, 2012
^It appears you are definitely in love with your job.

In fact, seeing the question made me ask this too initially:
Orpelin: mr toptop, don't tell me at this stage, you are still confused as to the career path to tour,after being a chartered accountant.

Economics is a wide field. In schools, they make you understand that it is the 'father' of finance/business related courses including accounting.

I think you should enlist on the transfer market and seek a better place where your skills would be better suited if you ain't happy with where you are now!

(1) (Reply)

Hustling In Dubai Or Degree In ABU Zaria / Training Material On Ccna / Future Of A Pharmacist In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.