Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,430 members, 7,800,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Do Africans Love America So Much? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do Africans Love America So Much? (6798 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Gbawe: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
My question is why?

@Igbo2011.

Because the black man has not learnt to genuinely love and respect himself regardless of all the hollow rhetoric he preaches.

Blame American press, blame evil 'whitey', blame the 'illuminati and all but have you even noticed how grown adults speak even on this forum to see that those you portray as angelic victims are also very evil, very prejudiced, highly discriminatory and irredeemably wicked?

Look, if the black adult , who should be able to make conscious and responsible decisions, has not evolved enough to stop deifying others while displaying disdain for himself, by reserving the worst hatred for those of his own colour, what is the point of making excuses for the black man and not accepting that he is his own worst enemy?

We will make all types of pseudo-intellectual submissions but there is never the sort of stark honesty, pragmatism and a readiness for introspection that should lead us to look at our own flaws that makes us do what we do. Those who want to be like others are those who do not love or respect themselves and subconsciously suffer from inferiority complex. Simple.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by AjanleKoko: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
J12:

America is not the only successful country in the world.

Not in history. But in this era, it's been the most successful so far. Even if China's GDP has outstripped that of the US, they have a very long way to go to build the kind of prosperity that the US has achieved in the 20th century.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Dede1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
Anybody who is stuck in the country called Nigeria and remotely believed in the nonsense called One-Nigeria is ravaged by “stockholm syndrome”. By the way, who in his\her right senses would associate with a country Dayolodo calls home?
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sometimes one have to consider cost too. Most times, The America clothes are cheaper than the African made ones.

Take for instance....people buying fairly used clothes with American flag embedded on it,they don't care what's written on it, they just love that they got new clothes. For the African wears, I respect people that wears that often because its very expensive if you want that kinda style.

In summary, Cost should be considered here too.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by BlackEmperorX: 1:45am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by redjasper1: 10:36pm On Dec 31, 2012
igbo2011:

Which black American businesses are there to bring to Africa? My page Facebook.com/africanedp www.africanedp.com I am trying to unite us together economically.

Majority of the major black enterprises ran in the US are controlled by boule individuals, daghettotymz.com has an exhaustive series going on them, just because something has black american stamped on it doesn't necessarily mean it's good for Africa, there are many of these "successful" blacks in america of the same ilk as their kindred who "govern" Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by thoth: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
red jasper:

Majority of the major black enterprises ran in the US are controlled by boule individuals, daghettotymz.com has an exhaustive series going on them, just because something has black american stamped on it doesn't necessarily mean it's good for Africa, there are many of these "successful" blacks in america of the same ilk as their kindred who "govern" Africa.

thanks bro, Many failed to understand that when i said the same thing about Obama.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by panafrican(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Why do we love America? why can't you understand that? America is part of Africa. We built this KKK ountry. grin
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Abrantie: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
Because America is the greatest nation of all time, even with all its flaws.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by thoth: 6:29am On Jan 03, 2013
Abrantie: Because America is the greatest nation of all time, even with all its flaws.
whats actually makes it great ?
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by AfroBlue(m): 10:59am On Jan 03, 2013
Off topic but interesting.

Daughter of Nigerian parents starts magazine in Yankee.

Uzoamaka Maduka Leaves a Paper Trail With the American Reader

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/fashion/uzoamaka-maduka-leaves-a-paper-trail-with-the-american-reader.html?pagewanted=all

Yana Paskova for The New York Times

Uzoamaka Maduka, editor in chief of The American Reader, in her New York office last month.
By AMY O’LEARY
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by cap28: 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
because most africans (especially nigerians are ignorant, self hating crawling fools who have no knowledge of self and are obsessed with empty materialism.

if i had my way i would nuke all of these coons off the surface of the earth and rebuild a new race of militant, radical proud nigerians.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 1:33am On Jan 04, 2013
cap28: because most africans (especially nigerians are ignorant, self hating crawling fools who have no knowledge of self and are obsessed with empty materialism.

if i had my way i would nuke all of these coons off the surface of the earth and rebuild a new race of militant, radical proud nigerians.

Not too many militant Nigerians that I know. Most don't know much about Africa, the history, language, or culture. Iti s a damn shame that Africa has a great history but most black people are unaware. I try and tell people about African hisstory on facebook to uplift them. I try and do my 2 cents.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]Keep trying. Keep doing. I dey your side.[/size]
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Keep trying. Keep doing. I dey your side.[/size]

Daloo nwanyi
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
LOL!
I feel you brother.

But the reason Africans are that way is because they have been deliberately miss-educated.

We who are enlightened need to be patient and persistent in re-educating them with the truth.
cap28:
because most africans (especially nigerians are ignorant, self hating crawling fools who have no knowledge of self and are obsessed with empty materialism.

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
cap28:

Go and die in the hell-hole you crawl out of, you sadist! You haven't experienced a good life before and the reason why you want to nuke others for living their lives for good. Please, go and join your Boko Haram brothers in the North and keep messing up the Nigerian image until nemesis will catch up with you.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by magubane: 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
I'm disapointed at what I'm reading here...people we are all in denial
Just look at your DStv channels and you tell me go to your local box office and you tell me go to DStv catchup and see the programming available it's all american if someone is nominated for a bet or a grammy we praise them bt no one ever praise a SAMA or metro fm award winner we are always wanting approval from america.

I love my country bt I hate to admit it that if I buy dstv premium I wnna watch the kardasians, lifetime and FOx and if I see someone making it in America I think he's made it.......admit it or not we are in love with america
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by morpheus24: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
magubane:
I'm disapointed at what I'm reading here...people we are all in denial
Just look at your DStv channels and you tell me go to your local box office and you tell me go to DStv catchup and see the programming available it's all american if someone is nominated for a bet or a grammy we praise them bt no one ever praise a SAMA or metro fm award winner we are always wanting approval from america.
I love my country bt I hate to admit it that if I buy dstv premium I wnna watch the kardasians, lifetime and FOx and if I see someone making it in America I think he's made it.......admit it or not we are in love with america

DSTV is besides the point.

There are a lot of Afro-centric programs on DSTV which are geared towards the African audience, though one may notice that they are structured to fit into a "main stream" western style programming but I don't see anything wrong with that. There will always be an Alpha society that everyone gravitates to. That's just the way it is in the Animal kingdom.

For your information I watch a lot of Africa majic Hausa programming and I don't see anything "American" about that show. It definitely promotes African culture, storylines and the likes.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by morpheus24: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
cap28:

Spoken like the true Cap28 I know, always Barabas like Militancy.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by redsun(m): 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
They are like children,so ignorantly innocent. The reason why they destroy their country is because they don't understand the meaning of patriotism. They don't understand what it means to believe in one's country, to uplift it,defend it and ready to die for it.

That is why are so shamelessly fanatical about European football instead of theirs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
redsun:
They are like children,so ignorantly innocent. The reason why they destroy their country is because they don't understand the meaning of patriotism. They don't understand what it means to believe in one's country, to uplift it,defend it and ready to die for it.

That is why are so shamelessly fanatical about European football instead of theirs.
You have spoken as a primitive African. Forgetting to address the infrastructure, technology organized society, civility,etc as important factors.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by sukkot: 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
igbo2011:

I am Nigerian but i don't believe that. I wear African clothes all the time, eat African food, have African art, I do tourism in different African countries. I don't have this mindset but most Africans do. I am trying to change it with my site www.africanedp.com facebook.com/africanedp hopefully more people can buy Africa things.

As Agiliti said, we have stockholm syndrome and love of the agresser is very well in our minds.
bros but the products on your site is priced in dollars. you no dey collect naira ? cheesy
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by themoongoddess: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
I am not sure but I love everyone haha. I actually tend to favor individuals who are not american, even though I am. They tend to be more kind. smiley
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
Why hate on something everyone loves? The whole of Mankind loves America.

First, the Asians travelled from their continent and settled there to become the natives. Then Christopher Columbus and Amerigo Vespucci led Europeans there who all became obsessed with the place and millions of them started to migrate through the centuries.
The English, the Irish, Jews and the Chinese.

Apart from our brothers who were taken there by force, I would say we Africans are even behind schedule with our love for America. Why hate on them? Didn't they tell you that's where God resides? You should be happy your black soul is allowed to associate with God.
God bless America!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by thoth: 8:53am On Dec 20, 2014
WORLDPEACE:

First, the Asians travelled from their continent and settled there to become the natives. Then Christopher Columbus and Amerigo Vespucci led Europeans there who all became obsessed with the place and millions of them started to migrate through the centuries.

Apart from our brothers who were taken there by force, I would say we Africans are even behind schedule with our love for America. Why hate on them? Didn't they tell you that's where God resides? You should be happy your black soul is allowed to associate with God.
God bless America!

Hopelessness for the Hopeful , that is.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2014
thoth:

Hopelessness for the Hopeful , that is.
If you have something people can love your country for, they will. Nobody loves for the sake of loving.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 12:47am On Dec 23, 2014
WORLDPEACE:

God bless America!

This us how many Africans think, just like SLAVES!!! Look at this video, this cop killed her 7 year old grand child and he didn't even say sorry. He had no remorse. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1536505043263935&pnref=story

I have come to the conclusion that Africans are the weakest people in the world. You let anyone do whatever they want to you and you smile and love it. We celebrate our oppressors holidays, root for them to win in the World Cup, In Italy they throw banannas at black players and we repay them buy buying Italian clothes and making them more rich. We are a bunch of slaves in our own lands. France is colonizing West Africa and we repay them buy buying French champagne. Germany killed 80,000 Namibian people and we buy German cars. This is why everywhere in the world we are we are not respected.

https://www.nairaland.com/1932006/why-african-men-weak
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 12:48am On Dec 23, 2014
sukkot:
bros but the products on your site is priced in dollars. you no dey collect naira ? cheesy

No just dollars as of now, nairas later.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by panafrican(m): 4:19am On Dec 23, 2014
We Africans built America and Europeans stole it from us grin
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by romania5: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2014
[size=18pt]I went down to houston texas had 2 pick up a heavy load

Went out that night after I secured the load

I had a shirt like this but a gold one that night
[/size]

[size=18pt]Im new to the city so Im mingling with various mafaccaz, askin where da party at?

Ran into a few Nigerian mafaccaz......

Mafaccaz was looking mighty hard at my gear LOL

Anywayz.......... they turn out 2 be some cool mafaccaz

Fukkz around and tell them mafaccaz Im thinking about moving 2 africa....................

WHY'D I HAVE 2 DO DAT

These mafaccaz looked at me like I was an alien from marz..................

Mafaccaz said check YOUR TEMPERATURE LOL

These catz said they aint never never neverrrrrrrrr going back

Said I gotz 2 be a damn fool 2 leave the states

Say the white man treat them better than they own fukkin peepz.......

bOY.... bOY.... bOY.... I still gotz them nikkaz number they was KOOL
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
What is America?

I school in France grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bp Oil Spill: America Going Too Far? / Dirty Politics: Nude Photos Of Rwanda’s Female Presidential Candidate Leaked / Breaking News: Japan Hit By A New Earthquake Of 7.4, Tsunami Warning Issued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.