Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! (40564 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by feelgood(m): 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
ABC bus (Abuja to PH) left yesterday morning by 7.15am. After some questionable stops, it got to Owerri by midnight - usually it should have arrived PH much earlier. Despite pleas by passengers that the driver should wait till day break before proceeding, especially as the route was not safe at that time of day, the driver ignored security warnings and proceeded at 1.30am 28th Dec. Within an hour from Owerri, they were ambushed and robbed by armed robbers who requested the passengers to march into the bush leaving their luggage behind. After the robbery operation and the departure of the robbers, the bus continued to PH and finally arrived about 5am - almost 24hrs after leaving Abuja.
The passengers narrated their ordeal to the ABC management and the driver's obstinacy that got them into the problem. Rather, the passengers were informed that there was nothing ABC could do and the driver was exonerated.
If you are travelling by ABC, esp on the east west route, you are on your own o. The purported insurance cover is a joke. ABC is a rip off and when the chips are down, customer service is thrown out of the window.

24 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 29, 2012
My brother sorry ooo
No mind ABC trans.
Na yahoo yahoo company them be
I've experience same with.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Redstone(m): 9:13am On Dec 29, 2012
This is really serious ooooo
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by babestella: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2012
This driver should have been sacked because traveling further to PH from Owerri at that time of the day despite warnings from the passengers? I think it is a set up by the driver himself, he has a share in the loot and he should have been investigated. If ABC did not do anything about it, then people better stop risking their lives boarding ABC to any part of the country.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2012
In times like these..... Na jungle justice go solve am.

After i allow u evaluate a case, and u refuse to dialogue.... Den no worry.

I'd make sure i take sumtin dat is worth the value of what i lost!

#noTime..... 2012 dun pass º°˚!

4 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2012
I don't travel much,particularly to the East,can't say much.
But wait, is this a reported speech,or first hand experience?
I doubt the story.

1 Like

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by decode55(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked and that's what i normally use to travel o
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Etumgbe(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2012
Enter IFESINACHI
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Dee60: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2012
ABC Should compensate. The victims if truly aggrieved should seek the services of lawyers.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by omicron(m): 9:22am On Dec 29, 2012
Okay, thanks!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2012
On d oda hand...... How come d bus rode for close to 3hrs after d robbery to ph.... Souldnt be up to 1hr nah..

Dats d major problem wit nigerians..

If every passenger had one voice... And insisted dey wouldn't move... Y'all wudda been safe

1 Like

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2012
Etumgbe: Enter IFESINACHI
get a car
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Mavor: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2012
And una no beat the driver. Plenty ju men full that bus. the driver carry una enter setup. sorry sha

5 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by shos: 9:27am On Dec 29, 2012
It is a pity, take hrt is 1 of those tin
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by nuges1(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2012
Errtin i§ failin in Nigeria,see even d transport sector what a hoax!!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by cigaricon(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2012
Hmmm sumtin similae happened to my cousine. He said when he was travelling from abuja to onisha(night journey), the driver stopped several times to the extent that the passengers were worried. When they got to okene along a bushy area, the driver flashed his head light twice for reason no body could tell cos there was no vehicle coming from the oposite direction. Then suddenly he reduced the speed of the vehicle and Gbam robbers apeared from nowhere. My cousin lost so much dat day, his iphone, laptop some of his jewelries and so on although nobody was harmed. I'v vowed never to toke a night bus ever in my life sinc he told me this. May God help us oh cry

1 Like

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2012
feelgood: ABC bus (Abuja to PH) left yesterday morning by 7.15am. After some questionable stops, it got to Owerri by midnight - usually it should have arrived PH much earlier. Despite pleas by passengers that the driver should wait till day break before proceeding, especially as the route was not safe at that time of day, the driver ignored security warnings and proceeded at 1.30am 28th Dec. Within an hour from Owerri, they were ambushed and robbed by armed robbers who requested the passengers to march into the bush leaving their luggage behind. After the robbery operation and the departure of the robbers, the bus continued to PH and finally arrived about 5am - almost 24hrs after leaving Abuja.
The passengers narrated their ordeal to the ABC management and the driver's obstinacy that got them into the problem. Rather, the passengers were informed that there was nothing ABC could do and the driver was exonerated.
If you are travelling by ABC, esp on the east west route, you are on your own o. The purported insurance cover is a joke. ABC is a rip off and when the chips are down, customer service is thrown out of the window.

This is an unfortunate scenario...please do not raise a false alarm, remember, this is someone's business you are trying to rubbish like this and as someone.... lipsrsealed....it won't be nice to watch...pls bro, it is an unfortunate scene, and believe me, it won't be taken lightly. Can you be kind enough to give out the driver's name and possibly the bus number pls? And moderators shouldn't have moved this to the front page too soon with more verifications cos this is an organization's image we are talking about here pls. Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2012
You guys deserve it all. After d robbery, u all entered d bus and continued ur journey, shee? U couldn't deall with d driver approriately? I suggest all d passengers should be detained and questioned.

5 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2012
no problem. its the dividends of democracy.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ifeegee(f): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2012
Commuters are at the mercy of all these commercial transporters,from mngt to the least staff are all touts in organised parks.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by razznaija(f): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2012
DailyNews:

This is an unfortunate scenario...please do not raise a false alarm, remember, this is someone's business you are trying to rubbish like this and as someone.... lipsrsealed....it won't be nice to watch...pls bro, it is an unfortunate scene, and believe me, it won't be taken lightly. Can you be kind enough to give out the driver's name and possibly the bus number pls? And moderators shouldn't have moved this to the front page too soon with more verifications cos this is an organization's image we are talking about here pls. Thanks

Do you work for ABC or something? cause i don't understand why you are defending them.

7 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2012
DailyNews:

bros/sis, they reported to the management and they said that nothing can be done and the driver was exonerated. I don't think bringing it here was too soon.

2 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ITbomb(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2012
Why una no beat the driver leave am there carry the bus go back ph, abi no body fit driver among una?

1 Like

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by vizion: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2012
feelgood: ABC bus (Abuja to PH) left yesterday morning by 7.15am. After some questionable stops, it got to Owerri by midnight - usually it should have arrived PH much earlier. Despite pleas by passengers that the driver should wait till day break before proceeding, especially as the route was not safe at that time of day, the driver ignored security warnings and proceeded at 1.30am 28th Dec[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. Within an hour from Owerri, they were ambushed and robbed by armed robbers who requested the passengers to march into the bush leaving their luggage behind. After the robbery operation and the departure of the robbers, the bus continued to PH and finally arrived about 5am - almost 24hrs after leaving Abuja.

There should have been over 40 passengers in that bus. do you mean that they could not boycott the bus and insist that the journey be continued the next day??

What did the Driver/conductor/Company loss? they had no valuables, no luggage in the bus. People should learn to demand for what is right, as it was their lives and property at stake.

2 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by dnawah(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2012
ITbomb: Why una no beat the driver leave am there carry the bus go back ph, abi no body fit driver among una?
which kind drive?sell the bus and share the money.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Wsdm: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2012
Have we already lost hope on the security agencies as no comment is pointing in that direction?

1 Like

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by JamesLucia: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2012
ABC is not the first car to be rubbed, so stop condeming somebody's business.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ITbomb(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2012
dnawah: which kind drive?sell the bus and share the money.
Thank you brother.
Even if the papers no complete , carry am enter Ikoku and sell the parts

4 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2012
razznaija:

Do you work for ABC or something? cause i don't understand why you are defending them.
Sorry I sounded that way, but I would love to know the name of the management personnel they complained to, the terminal and also the bus number for further assistance and corrective measure. I dnt need to be an ABC staff to achieve this anyway, but he can give us the info as a clarification anyway. Once again, I condemn the incident, its really a sad experience putting myself in the passengers' shoes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man And Pregnant Wife Die In Ghastly Motor Accident, Son Survives / Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures) / God Is Good Motors & Dangote Trailer Collide On Abuja-Lokoja Road, 1 Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.