Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1213622 members, 1573752 topics. Date: Friday, 01 August 2014 at 06:48 AM

Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure (30732 Views)

D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela / Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert / D'banj Koko Concert To Be Hosted By Idris Elba. (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by mazidumex: 12:04am On Dec 29, 2012
People who went for the much hyped D'banj's Koko concert have been biting their lips in regret, what happened? A lot complained that they had to trek for almost an hour to get to the venue, others said that people who paid for VIP where given much less than expected, they allegedly stood all through the event.

Twitter has even gone agog with a lot of people posting negative tweets about the event. 'Yours faithfully' managed to dig deep to find out the cause of the concert's failure and came with a list of possible reasons.
1. Way Too Many Concerts, all around the same time: Chris Brown, EME Baddest concert and so many other concerts ongoing. (Yes, it’s the holidays but D’Banj needed to do this at least before others began their concerts or at a time where it isn’t back to back concerts, given his absence form the country for prolonged periods this 2012).

2. Disorganization.

3. Very Late Start. From 7pm it begins at 10:24pm and the host does not even show up on stage until almost 12:30am. Wow!

4. Poor Performances.

5. Terrible logistics
http://1url.com/Tv5
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by homesteady(m): 1:49am On Dec 29, 2012
eya
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by channel190(m): 5:38am On Dec 29, 2012
r u a leaner? I made the second sit...@op how do we help him now

1 Like

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by SlyIg(f): 6:58am On Dec 29, 2012
That's d koko of the concept! Mr. Entertainer...

1 Like

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 29, 2012
So pple dat but VVIP tickets of 1m is waste time too? Or dey enjoyed d show
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by Libkid(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2012
5th to comment.DBANJ is a learner thats y
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by nuges1(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2012
I feel sad 4 dbanj.
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by sweetgala(m): 10:20am On Dec 29, 2012
D guy is slowly loosing his relevance on naija.

5 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by Sike(m): 10:20am On Dec 29, 2012
Next post pls!
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2012
@op

What's your problem Where you there How does it concern you sef?

It was not a failure @all because the people that attended which I know never complained it was fun galore and when do you expect him to come and perform 7pm. Are u a learner

2 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2012
sweet_gala: D guy is slowly loosing his relevance on naija.

Ode shut up which relevance do you have?

10 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by visionbiafra: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2012
Dbanj without Don Jazzy is sh.it and kokoless

32 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by safarigirl(f): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2012
How was it a failure? Not only were people treated to performance from foreign artists, they got to even exercise their bodies, they were hailed as 'modaphuckazz' by foreign artistes, got to stand when they paid to seat, were harrassed by bodyguards, paid 100 dollars to take pics with Big Seun, abi na Big Sean, and even got to watch Koko master do everything short of bowing to the VVIP...they got what they paid for, it IS a D'BANJ concert.

11 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by nuges1(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2012
mazidumex: People who went for the much hyped D'banj's Koko concert have been biting their lips in regret, what happened? A lot complained that they had to trek for almost an hour to get to the venue, others said that people who paid for VIP where given much less than expected, they allegedly stood all through the event.

Twitter has even gone agog with a lot of people posting negative tweets about the event. 'Yours faithfully' managed to dig deep to find out the cause of the concert's failure and came with a list of possible reasons.
1. Way Too Many Concerts, all around the same time: Chris Brown, EME Baddest concert and so many other concerts ongoing. (Yes, it’s the holidays but D’Banj needed to do this at least before others began their concerts or at a time where it isn’t back to back concerts, given his absence form the country for prolonged periods this 2012).

2. Disorganization.

3. Very Late Start. From 7pm it begins at 10:24pm and the host does not even show up on stage until almost 12:30am. Wow!

4. Poor Performances.

5. Terrible logistics
are u sure of what u are saying...find out what really happened!!
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by Ramcie(f): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2012
No one forced them to attend so they should stop lamenting . If they were asked to donate money for someone with terminal illness now, they wouldn't o!

I wanna see celebrity syndrome na im dey do them. undecided undecided Endure cos s-h-i-t happens. grin

24 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:23am On Dec 29, 2012
nuges...1:
I feel sad 4 dbanj.

Start feeling sad for yourself,he sold tickets for 1m and it was all sold and you feel sad for him when u can't sell yourself for #100. Smh4u

19 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by Ayodhejjy(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2012
Libkid: 5th to comment.DBANJ is a learner thats y
this is saden.
Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by safarigirl(f): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2012
ifihearam:

which asylum did you escape from? So it's by insulting people thet you state D'banj's relevance?

If D'banj's arrogance doesn't cause the end of his career, that of his fans will surely do the job.

48 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2012
visionbiafra: Dbanj without Don Jazzy is sh.it

Mumu don jazzy should arrane his own na?

4 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by uihebom: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2012
Why did dbanj do dis to himself, I'm on top of the world is so oyinboish. I miss dbanj of mohits. Scapegoat, why me, Mr endowment. Oliver twist nko, dat made him so popular round the world. Don jazzy forgive your boy, prodigal son oya go back to your boss just for producing things not merging record label. I also miss dis line *Its don jazzy again*.

11 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2012
safarigirl: which asylum did you escape from? So it's by insulting people thet you state D'banj's relevance?

If D'banj's arrogance doesn't cause the end of his career, that of his fans will surely do the job.

*whispering* honey have you taken your drugs today?
I know you skip it every saturday. Mscheew

You were never his fan and he is progressing so you hating will not make any difference. Haterz get behind him.

13 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by TeenageMoney(m): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2012
Since that guy break up with don jazzy, him tins no dey go normal....

U no see him last video as e dey Wetin be the name abeg?? Domeone remind me pls.

4 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by omiobo: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2012
There is no amount propaganda about the show that will affect Dbanj,eniyan ko le ma try but ti oluwa lo ju. People want to ruin Dbanj at all cost just because of Don Jazzy.

8 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by nuges1(m): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2012
ifihearam:

Start feeling sad for yourself,he sold tickets for 1m and it was all sold and you feel sad for him when u can't sell yourself for #100. Smh4u
For hw much can u sell urself?

4 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2012
uihebom: Why did dbanj do dis to himself, I'm on top of the world is so oyinboish. I miss dbanj of mohits. Scapegoat, why me, Mr endowment. Oliver twist nko, dat made him so popular round the world. Don jazzy forgive your boy, prodigal son oya go back to your boss just for producing things not merging record label. I also miss dis line *Its don jazzy again*.

Smh

Don jazzy should produce another Dbanj so we can know he is the boss. Btw do you know how many awards he has received after he dumped jazzy Learner indeed.

Dbanj don go far above principalities and haterz

4 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by TeenageMoney(m): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2012
ifihearam:

Mumu don jazzy should arrane his own na?

U tink say na everybody get time for those poo

3 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2012
nuges...1:
For hw much can u sell urself?

Am PRICELESS

4 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by ifihearam: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2012
omiobo: There is no amount propaganda about the show that will affect Dbanj,eniyan ko le ma try but ti oluwa lo ju. People want to ruin Dbanj at all cost just because of Don Jazzy.

God bless you my bro

I am happy we still have someone who thinks straight and reasonably

Once more I bless u

9 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by dopeJemi(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2012
ifihearam:

Oboy!

Na wa 4 u oh

Dats his own opinion nau

E never reach 2 insuLt ​A♏ nau, na crime 4 d guy 2 taLk Im mind, he said d truth, its either u take it or ignore it, u didn't av 2 insuLt him

14 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by caesaraba(m): 10:38am On Dec 29, 2012
You throw a concert, you get reviews (both positive and negative ones). There's no point calling those giving negative reviews "Haterz." I guess d'banj/fans are not used to getting negative reviews hence the reactions.

Well, news flash: You'll keep getting 'em negative reviews if you don't get you acts right. This goes for anyone in the showbiz/public scene.

IMO, d'banj has to raise his game cos after Oliver Twist.........

9 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by nuges1(m): 10:39am On Dec 29, 2012
ifihearam:

Am PRICELESS
Then that's really selfish of u for putting a price tag on Dbanj...

3 Likes

Re: Why D'banj's KOKO Concert Was A Failure by nollywood20: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2012
ONLY FOOLS PAY TO WATCH HIP HOP ACTS LI PSYCHING TO RECORDED MUSIC BY DJs.

NIGERIAN HIP HOP ACTS LIVE CONCERTS ARE A PUBLIC DISGRACE TO PROFESSIONALISM IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.

39 Likes

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (13) (Reply)

Lil Wayne And Nigerian Hair / Best Nigerian Song You've Ever Listened To? / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.