Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge (12934 Views)

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Ifitafrica Weight Loss Challenge. Drop A Dress Size! / First Lady Michelle Obama Looks Fit And Slimmer ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 1:02am On Dec 29, 2012
Hey beautiful/handsome nairalanders.

I thought it would be cool if a few of us could get together and share our 2013 weight loss goals and progress through the year.

For me I have always been curvy and came to England last year to start my masters. I came here a sexy size 14 and the devil that is sugar and carbs has taken me up to a size 18. My goal is to lose 100lbs (45g) with diet and exercise over the year 2013. Slow and steady and make it a total lifestyle change. I want to go down to a size 10 and I currently weigh a terrible 105kg. I was 80kg when I left nigeria and I want to go down to 60kg which was my university weight. I also got engaged on Christmas day and would like to be slim before my wedding in 2014 and before I start popping out the babies grin

I am starting on the 31st Dec (monday) so I can get a full week in and the plan is to work out 5 mornings a week to start with and then evolve to the gym after I settle into morning jogging. With regards to food, I will be having 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks of fruit, nuts and yoghurt and no food after 8pm. I will reduce carbs, cut out refined sugars and replace white carbs with brown, and also minimise red meat.

Who would like to join me? Diets and routines may vary but together we will beat the bulge and be our best ever selves in 2013.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by mogbomoya: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
Am down with d weight loss challenge. But I wld rather prefare to form a BB group or whatssapp group. with tht, it's easier to monitor & encourage our self. I have lost a lot of weight, thru mostly crash diets.

i want a healthy diet now.

are u on whatsapp?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
Same with me. I have started exercising my problem is I still eat a lot since d celebration started. So wen r we starting?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Pink22(f): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
Am in, av already started something and have dropped some weight, i weight 90kg am now down to 87kg, i will like to get more serious come January .
Av cut out refined foods including rice, i take 100% wheat products, no dairies, lots of fruits and vets, then exercise
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by mogbomoya: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
i feel we shld start after d new yr celebrations. pls if u are interested in joining my whatsapp group, drop an email. mogbomoya@hotmail.com. cheers.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Aafulenu(f): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
i would also like to slim down, am add weight very fast from 60 to 118 in less than two years cry

my main problem is i drink alot that its an addiction. i can drink five bottles of coca cola in a day, sometimes more. i dont eat much. i can go days without food.
am simply addicted to drink, weda its coke, chocolate drinks, inshort whateva as far as its liquid and its very sweet.
i really need help in this. i need to slim down. i have to. i just dont knw hw to stop drinking.

as for exercise, ave searched for gyms in my area, cant seem to find any. and i knw i cant do it alone, need to be part of a group so we can do it togeda. need that team spirt.

any help on d drinks?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2012
Aafulenu: i would also like to slim down, am add weight very fast from 60 to 118 in less than two years cry

my main problem is i drink alot that its an addiction. i can drink five bottles of coca cola in a day, sometimes more. i dont eat much. i can go days without food.
am simply addicted to drink, weda its coke, chocolate drinks, inshort whateva as far as its liquid and its very sweet.
i really need help in this. i need to slim down. i have to. i just dont knw hw to stop drinking.

as for exercise, ave searched for gyms in my area, cant seem to find any. and i knw i cant do it alone, need to be part of a group so we can do it togeda. need that team spirt.

any help on d drinks?
you can't always depend on gyms. U can jog in d morning
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Aafulenu(f): 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ms_Steph: you can't always depend on gyms. U can jog in d morning

my sis, i cant jog alone. i just cant. i dont have that courage.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Aafulenu:

my sis, i cant jog alone. i just cant. i dont have that courage.
just put on ur ear piece nd listen to music. I can't exercise on my own but I try dis days.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Aafulenu(f): 6:37am On Dec 31, 2012
Ms_Steph: just put on ur ear piece nd listen to music. I can't exercise on my own but I try dis days.

thanks dear
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by mogbomoya: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2012
@ Aafulenu,

I understand ur not being able to exercise alone.

Do u dance?
Do u do house chores?
Can u skip?
Stop driving if u do and walk, walk, walk.

I walk everywhere, I do all my house chores myself, don's send that younger brother of ur's to buy u tht recharge card. Walk! Use the stair case.

Keep moving and refuse to be a potato couch!
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by mogbomoya: 11:29am On Dec 31, 2012
Tips & tricks #2 (:

1. fruits are amazing. 50 blueberries are 39 calories - that's so many for so little cals. An average strawberry has 2-4 calories, a grape has 2 calories, an orange has 35, a small sized apple 45.the list goes on and on.

2. stretching really helps - it gets rid of hunger pains and makes you feel more awake. also it does burn fat & cals and makes your body flexible.

3. look at thinspo (http://pro-ana-angels.wetpaint.com/page/Real+Thinspiration) all the time. this is an obvious one but you're much less likely to eat if you've just looked at it.

4. get naked and look at yourself in the mirror. this can be shocking if you're not thin, and you will NOT want to eat unhealthy.

5. repeat over and over in your head that you don't like unhealthy food, that you hate it. your brain will start to believe it if you do it for long enough.

6. make a list of safe healty foods

7. make a list of unsafe foods (high cal)

8. chew gum and eat mints constantly. this is one you already know, but it never hurts. make sure it's low cal though, or sugarfree.

9. Think about how much closer summer is getting, how little time you have until you have to wear a swimsuit. Think about tht lovely b.day dress u want to fit into. Think about tht bum shorts u want to rock to the beach. Think about that ex boy friend / husband tht u bump into? You want them to see u smoking hot, right?

10. Drink water, green tea, black tea. No sugar, just a little milk.

11. At lunch,parties. etc look at other people that are eating unhealthy and say to yourself, "I'm SO much stronger than them."
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by mogbomoya: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2012
Easy Exercises For You

Indoor exercise's

Sit ups
Crunches
Jumping jacks
Jump rope
Walking up and down the room
Squats
Lunges
Housework
Dancing
Push ups
Singing
Well since a lot of people on here have fruity sex lives I'll put that! It burns cals anyway ;-)

Outdoor exercise's

Running
Jogging
Football
Walking
Rugby
Tennis
Cycling
Roller blading
Ice skating
Swimming
Baseball
Rounders
Vollyball

1 Like

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by ibizgirl(f): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
Aafulenu: i would also like to slim down, am add weight very fast from 60 to 118 in less than two years cry

any help on d drinks?

Losing weight is not easy, beyond the gyms and exercise partner you got to desperately want to do this. You are your biggest motivation.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Aafulenu(f): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
very very useful tips.
will keep dem in my head always. i already skip every now and den but not consistant. but come 2013 (tomoro) am all on dieting and exercising. no more junk. no more laziness.

#mission2013 must loose 30kg

i just hope i have the zeal to start and not stop half way.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Aafulenu(f): 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
ibizgirl:

Losing weight is not easy, beyond the gyms and exercise partner you got to desperately want to do this. You are your biggest motivation.

u have no idea hw desperate i am. i need to slim down, dis day just climbing the stairs leaves me breathing hard.

i have to slim down. its a most!!

my dad even said am begining to look like a toad this morning. can u imagine? A TOAD?

I MUST SLIM DOWN. EVEN IF IT MEANS STARVING
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by mogbomoya: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
@Aafulenu,

Then go on and starve. I know pple wld say it is unhealthy but starvation made me loss over 20kg. It was difficult for me to stick to a diet. I didn't know how to eat little & healthy. Why shld I eat without oil, when oil makes food look more appetizing, why shld I remove d skin from chicken, when d skin is the sweetest. why shld I take skimmed milk when whole milk tastes great. Why shld I take diet coke when normal coke tastes so nice. why shld I eat little eba, when I wld keep wanting more and more. Once I start eating, I cld not stop. So to save myself the stress of always counting calories & watching what I eat, I stopped eating entirely! I only pick on food in d evenings. I eat from my hubby or sister's food.

Now, I have lost a lot of weight and my tommy is so small that I can't even eat a wrap of eba, I eat only few spoons of rice & am satisfied. I drink loads and loads of waterrrrrr. The thot of adding back the weight I lost keeps me from eating & drinking junk. I love fruits now. I love my black & green tea.

Who says starvation does not work? Starvation got my confidence back, starvation made my old cloths fit me again, starvation makes me feel so good , my skin is glowing! Everyone at my work place & church are asking me what I did to get my body back within 3 mths of putting to bed. I simply told them nothing. Yes nothing. Not simply eating is doing nothing. Starvation made me to get my health back, Starvation makes me feel so sexy. Am so happy when my stomach starts to growl. It means am losing more weight.I simply drink ice water & green tea during the day. Evening time, I ensure I have some fruits and nibble on my hubby's dinner.

Good for pple that can stick to a diet, unfortunately I cldn't. Am happy staying off food. No one shld tell me that starvation makes ur metabolism to slow down. I hate being fat! I don't even like fat pple around me. I get pissed when pple can't simply develop a higher authority over food. Must you eat all the time? Show some strength and stay off food.

Give urself a target and ensure u don't eat above 500 calories a day. Eat just fruits like apple, strawberry, blue berries, grapes,carrots, oranges, green & black tea with loads of water.

Walk, walk & walk, dance dance & dance. Do ur sit ups, jump jacks, do push ups to tone ur arm, invest in dumb bells. tone up the flabby arms.

I was at the beach last weekend, I wore a lovely play suit. My hubby was so proud of me.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by mogbomoya: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
The Amazing Benefits of the One-Day Fast.

Fasting is the oldest, simplest, and surest way to put your health and spirits back on track. Nothing else works like it. By fasting one day a week(no food whatsoever - water is optional) you are giving your body a much needed true rest and time to catch up on neglected repair or cleaning. Important note: fasting of any kind is not recommended if you are pregnant, infirmed, on medication, a child.
Fasting one day out of seven is not a huge sacrifice to make, especially when you consider the benefits or rewards. Begin your fast in the evening, right after your last meal. By the time you wake up, half the fast will already be over. Resume regular eating in the evening. The braver ones can extend it to thirty-six hours although I don't recommend this unless you've had previous experience or feel compelled to do so.

1. Fasting improves blood flow or circulation and the body's capacity to eliminate resulting in better overall health.
2. One-day fasting will teach you control or discipline. It will greatly help you to break those bad habits or addictions that are destroying you and help you start to acquire new and positive ones.
3. Fasting helps re-balance our unnatural cravings or desires by eliminating the chemicals or properties that cause them.
4. Weight Loss - When the body does not receive it’s minimum daily need for energy from food, it begins to burn stored fat cells.
5. It can also improve eyesight and hearing and the better functioning of your senses in general.
6. Fasting is also a powerful spiritual tool.

So go on and incorporate fasting once a week. For me, I fast from 7pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Aafulenu(f): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
yes ohhh, i have already started my fast, plan to do it for the whole of jan.
broke my fast wit a slice of boiled yam and some apples. and water

had a one hour walk today.

#mission2013 - loose that wieght.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
mogbomoya: Am down with d weight loss challenge. But I wld rather prefare to form a BB group or whatssapp group. with tht, it's easier to monitor & encourage our self. I have lost a lot of weight, thru mostly crash diets.

i want a healthy diet now.

are u on whatsapp?

Hey hun bbm group sounds cool but this will limit it to 30 people.... what does everyone think?

Plus dont wanna exclude ppl not on bb... so maybe a whatsapp group?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hi guys....

So yesterday I did a 30 mins aerobics workout from a DVD. Burns around 400-500 cals. I also did the worout this morning. Didn't start the diet till today. I had a bowl of allbran fibre cereal with pouring yoghurt (vanilla flavour alpro) instead of milk. Having a yoghurt now. How is everyone's lifestyle change going so far?

Remember even changing one thing a wee will be 52 better lifestyle choices this year :-)
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ms_Steph: Same with me. I have started exercising my problem is I still eat a lot since d celebration started. So wen r we starting?

I started today... new year new life :-)
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
Pink22: Am in, av already started something and have dropped some weight, i weight 90kg am now down to 87kg, i will like to get more serious come January .
Av cut out refined foods including rice, i take 100% wheat products, no dairies, lots of fruits and vets, then exercise

These are some great changes. I wanna cut out bread completely and only eat rye bread... the problem is I dont think it tastes amazing... I'm telling my brain it tastes great and whether it lies it or not this is what I'm eating! lol
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2013

any help on d drinks?

Water is your friend. Try to replace half your drinks with water. Tell yourself it tastes great. Thats what I did and now I only drink water, at least 2 litres a day.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
Fasting does work but from my experience on the non-fasting days theres a tendency to overindulge so I prefer permanent lifestyle changes but thats just my point of view

Also, I think someone sent me a PM? does anyone know how I read them? embarassed #confused
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Aafulenu(f): 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
i read abt the ducan diet today, and have decided to adopt it. ate just chicken today nothing else, and plenty of water. i have gone two days nw without drinks

didnt walk today just skipped

to read ur pm, just check ur email.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2013
Every1 we are starting 2morrow. Don't 4get food is the important issue here. Even if u exercise nd still eat a lot the whole exercise you did wud be a waste.Gud luck every1.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
if anyone has an iphone or android you can download the free 'my fitness pal' app which lets you track food eaten/calories and also exercise. You can also add me as a friend on there and share stats.

Look forward to hearing how everyones day went.

For me it was quite easy, I ate 1296 cals including 3 of my 5 a day fruits (i tried!)

I also exercised 500 cals and drank 2litres of water.

I have been using scales to weigh my portions and its amazing how small they are compared to what I used to thin was a 'normal' portion e.g. cereal i used to fill up the bowl but 40g is actually about half a bowl.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 02, 2013
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2013
chaircover: subscribing grin

I nearly threw my scale sout of the window, when Id discovered that I'd put on 3 kg in the Xmas week.

Just got back from a half hour power walk with Mr CC. Too many people walking lions dogs at this time of the morning though angry

Looool @ lions! Walking is great exercise think i might throw in an evening walk as well as morning aerobics. What is your target to lose?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Count me in....too scared to go on my scales after the Xmas break!
I will start walking for 30 mins this evening..and drinking more water lipsrsealed
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by trimandtrendy(f): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
This is nice. Keeping a food and workout diary helps to keep you accountable for what ever you eat/do daily

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone / Japa: Federal Government Urges Universities To Produce More Doctors / know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.