Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:48 PM

Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator (622 Views)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by karlmax2: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
By Charles Onyekamuo 

Deputy Chairman, Senate Committee on Power and the Senator representing Anambra Central district in the upper chamber of the National Assembly, Dr. Chris Ngige has said that the nation will witness appreciative improvement in the power sector next year given efforts being made to boost power generation, transmission and distribution sub sectors which according to him had suffered decay over the years.

He also said he had expected that with the exit of former Power Minister, Prof. Barth Nnaji about the middle of last year, a replacement would have been named in his stead by President Goodluck Jonathan given the precarious situation in the power sector.
Ngige who addressed the press in Awka Friday said that ordinarily, the President can decide to run the Power Ministry without a substantive Minister even when there is a Minster of State on ground.

He however said that in his informal interactions with Mr. President he had made his views on the necessity of a substantive Minister for Power known to him to which he agreed that they were on the same page.

Besides, he noted that Leaders of Thought from the South East had under the auspices of “Ohaneze-Ndigbo and the South East Zonal caucus in the National Assembly met with the President on the need for the next Minister of Power to be appointed for the South East.

But while bemoaning the poor power generation in the country, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Senator said part of the problems had been that most of the power generating sub-stations were sited long distances away from their sources of gas supply thereby increasing both the cost of distribution and safe guarding laid pipes against vandalism.

He nonetheless said that the 2013 fiscal budget and part of outgoing 2012 budget will accommodate capital projects especially for upgrading of transmission stations that will ensure availability of power.

Also as part of efforts to boost electricity supply next year, studies he said had commenced   on the possibility of having coal powered plants in parts of the country with large coal deposits with a view to improving electricity supply.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/power-supply-to-improve-next-year-says-ngige/134799/
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by GARRIx7(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
... So its true!!

So genuine reforms and upgrades are ongoing in the power sector!!
Praise the lord!!! Praise Master Jesus
Glory to Jesus, Honor to Mary.....!!

cheesy cheesy

Meanwhile I'm dancing because of this my achievement today. If I mention am Madam M go ban me sharp-sharp....

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by karlmax2: 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
Even the opposition Acknowledges this!.except for their brainwashed buttlickers on nairaland.
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by GARRIx7(m): 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
The kinda new that gives silly9gerian 0rgasmic feeling..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by karlmax2: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
This is the kind of news that gives uninformed and un educated critics who can't solve simple mathematic heart attack.
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by GARRIx7(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
karl max: This is the kind of news that gives uninformed and un educated critics who can't solve simple mathematic heart attack.

Its mathematics.... Olodo!!!

You just scored an own-goal!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by 5columnist: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2012
grin grin grin
GARRI (x7):

cheesy
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by karlmax2: 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
GARRI (x7):

You just scored an own-goal!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
ode who scored an own goal lemme educate ur garri invested brain!

Mathematic
| Definition | Thesaurus | TranslationsAlso found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia

math·e·mat·i·cal  (mth-mt-kl) also math·e·mat·ic (-k)
adj.
1. Of or relating to mathematics.
a. Precise; exact.
b. Absolute; certain.
3. Possible according to mathematics but highly improbable: The team has only a mathematical chance to win the championship.
[Middle English, from Medieval Latin mathmaticlis, from Latin mathmaticus, from Greek mathmatikos, from mathma, mathmat-, science, learning, from manthanein, math-, to learn; see mendh- in Indo-European roots.]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=Mathematic

U can't solve simple addition problem u wan come teach english bloody illitrate
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by GARRIx7(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
karl max: ode who scored an own goal lemme educate ur garri invested brain!

Mathematic
| Definition | Thesaurus | TranslationsAlso found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia

math·e·mat·i·cal  (mth-mt-kl) also math·e·mat·ic (-k)
adj.
a. Precise; exact.
b. Absolute; certain.
3. Possible according to mathematics but highly improbable: The team has only a mathematical chance to win the championship.
[Middle English, from Medieval Latin mathmaticlis, from Latin mathmaticus, from Greek mathmatikos, from mathma, mathmat-, science, learning, from manthanein, math-, to learn; see mendh- in Indo-European roots.]

U can't solve simple addition problem u wan come teach english bloody illitrate

Guy just admit you made a mistake let's continue rejoicing over the power reforms of the Federal Government.. cheesy cheesy

Today is a Good day for me because:
1. I made front page
2. I'm 1st to comment on this frontpage-bound thread.

So pls don't spoil my happy mood. cheesy cheesy

Accept ur mistake and you shall ßξ pardoned..... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by Geomac: 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
[quote
author=karl max] ode who scored an own goal lemme educate ur garri
invested brain!

Mathematic
| Definition | Thesaurus | TranslationsAlso found in: Encyclopedia,
Wikipedia

math·e·mat·i·cal (mth-mt-kl) also math·e·mat·ic (-k)
adj.
a. Precise; exact.
b. Absolute; certain.
3. Possible according to mathematics but highly improbable: The team has
only a mathematical chance to win the championship.
[Middle English, from Medieval Latin mathmaticlis, from Latin
mathmaticus, from Greek mathmatikos, from mathma, mathmat-, science,
learning, from manthanein, math-, to learn; see mendh- in Indo-European
roots.]

U can't solve simple addition problem u wan come teach english bloody
illitrate[/quote] Stop making fool of yourself and accept you made a mistake.
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by GARRIx7(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Geomac: Stop making fool of yourself and accept you made a mistake.

I tire for the guy ooo. When I score own goal today for one other thread, I just own up and dem pardon me sharperly....
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by karlmax2: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
Geomac: Stop making fool of yourself and accept you made a mistake.
I don't have time to waste on ur likes go play along with ur mates!! Read the link I posted if don't understand it then ur helpless
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by Willy7(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ok,very heartwarming that such goodnews is coming from someone lik Ngige whom i respect in d political landscape and also an opposition party member of ACN for that matter.But nontheless it still doesnt change anything,even if d pope or an angel comes with such news.When we see,we believe.Enough of newspaper,billboards and media achievements.We want to see the real deal.
Re: Power Supply To Improve Next Year, Says Ngige! AC.N Senator by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
Fantastic news, especially coming from the opposition!

2013 could just be the year things finally turned around in this country. Kudos to all involved in these efforts.

(1) (Reply)

2015: Asari-dokubo Shuns Entreaty To Stop Criticism Of Jonathan / Lagos Light Rail’ll Be Ready In June – Fashola / What Do They Want And How Very Important Is Presidency To Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.