Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue (1035 Views)

Home Remedies To Grow A Beard Or Facial Hair Faster! / Am 25 And Wish To Grow Taller,any Solution?? / Enigma: Proof Of Don Jazzy's Illuminati Membership! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by FXKing2012(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
Facebook started in 2004 and today it is one of the biggest technology companies in the world with over 1 billion users. Nairaland started in 2005 and today it is one of the biggest technology companies in Nigeria with less than 1 million members.

Facebook is ranked 2nd in the world by Alexa while Nairaland is ranked 1st in Nigeria. Facebook made a revenue if $3.71 billion in 2011 while nairaland made....(fill in the gap).

I have some suggestions on how to grow membership and revenue for nairaland:

1) Nairaland must widen its scope; the website must have a global perspective by creating more boards to cater for a world-wide audience. Nairaland must not be complacent;

2) There is the need for more awareness by advertising Nairaland on Facebook, Google, and other major websites. This will draw new members and advertisers from all over the world thereby increasing membership and revenue;

3) Nairaland app should be created;

4) A board purely for business transaction should be created where business transactions can be conducted with Nairaland charging a commision for every deal successfully carried out. A classic example is www.alibaba.com;

5) Yearly charges may be introduced to members who wish to become platinum, gold or silver members.

6) Nairaland must increase the capacity of its server(s) in order to stop being overwhelmed all the time because that could be frustrating for some users;

7) Nairaland may want to consider an IPO just like facebook did. Being listed on the exchange brings in huge capital and increases awareness/visibility;

cool A board or section for social networking should be created. Here, people will be able to upload many pictures, chat and build relationships. You will be amazed how many people this alone will attract;

9) Opt out button must be included. Not being able to deactivate ones account is enough to keep so many out of Nairaland;

10) We should know who likes our
posts....It is necessary and helps the poster know who exactly agrees with him or her...

11) We should be notified if a post of
ours is quoted. This makes the site
more interactive as one would love
to reply immediately not clicking on
multiple pages before seeing a quote.

12) We should be able to share posts
and topics of NL on twitter and FB. This
would bring more people to nairaland and increase it's popularity.

13) )We should be able to message
another user directly....quick and
simple.

You may want to drop more ideas on how to move Nairaland forward in order to be able to compete with Facebook et al.

Wishing every nairalander a super 2013!

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by FXKing2012(m): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by Sweetgurl2(f): 4:55am On Dec 30, 2012
Add a DELETE button :. Word is spreading that ppl cant get out on nl once they are on it. So why register
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by Mynd44: 6:48am On Dec 30, 2012
Interesting
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by FXKing2012(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
Add a DELETE button :. Word is spreading that ppl cant get out on nl once they are on it. So why register

Is that really true?
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by Sweetgurl2(f): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2012
FXKing2012:

Is that really true?

Yes op I know a lot of ppl who would like to register but this is stoping so they rather just be guest. Didnt u know that?
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by FXKing2012(m): 11:27am On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Yes op I know a lot of ppl who would like to register but this is stoping so they rather just be guest. Didnt u know that?

I never knew this, then I need to update the list.
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by adewasco2k(m): 11:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
FXKing2012:

I never knew this, then I need to update the list.
That is actually true.
you cant delete your post or comments. you can only modify them!
you cant change your username.
you cant delete your account.
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by Seun(m): 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
that's a bunch of malarkey, dear
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by manny4life(m): 12:48am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

NL is nothing but a virtual forum that doesn't track personal information like FB or mostly Twitter does. Technically, I could care less about the "DELETE" profile option. I don't have pictures on here, I don't have personal or work histories on here, I mean there's no relationship to my actual person from here, hence the risk is less and that's why I love it. I can talk so much sh.it on this bit.ch and no one is coming for my sorry ass.

For instance, I'm not a big fan of FB and Google because its exposure is high so does the risk, thus, I have VERY LIMITED use of FB. For instance Google, I barely have personal info on Google since it's syncs directly with YouTube, Gmail, Maps, Drive, Calendar and the list is endless.

I think people worry more often about privacy particularly when a website collects personal data about its users, and not the way around. Therefore, Seun does not collect personal data about you, I doubt he cares about what the online/offline behaviors of the users, hence it don't matter. Tell them to register.
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by FXKing2012(m): 6:49am On Dec 31, 2012
manny4life:

NL is nothing but a virtual forum that doesn't track personal information like FB or mostly Twitter does. Technically, I could care less about the "DELETE" profile option. I don't have pictures on here, I don't have personal or work histories on here, I mean there's no relationship to my actual person from here, hence the risk is less and that's why I love it. I can talk so much sh.it on this bit.ch and no one is coming for my sorry ass.

I think people worry more often about privacy particularly when a website collects personal data about its users.

You are wrong sir!

Nairaland allows you to upload your picture, include your email address,collects your email password, include your twitter handle and you could even register using your real name. These are personal info.

Yes Nairaland doesnt collect as much info as facebook and google, but it does collect some which makes it enough to include the "deactivate" button.
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by Seun(m): 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
FXKing2012: Nairaland allows you to upload your picture, include your email address,collects your email password, include your twitter handle and you could even register using your real name. These are personal info.
You can remove our personal info by editing your profile at any time. It's ridiculously simple.
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by Dfrenzy(m): 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yes o... I done show. Nice ideas anyway but, i believe that no matter how innovative NL get, it can never generate as much as fb, google and what have you. Why, this is africa, 9ja 4 that matter. We don't believe in what we have. Seriously, if NL had belong to a US dude, by now, it would have been THE LARGEST AND BIGGEST ONLINE FORUM IN THE WORLD. Thank you.
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by FXKing2012(m): 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun:
You can remove our personal info by editing your profile at any time. It's ridiculously simple.

hmmmnnn....actually same thing applies to facebook et al.
Re: How To Grow Nairaland Membership And Revenue by FXKing2012(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Great Nigeria House Is On Fire / First To Comment / Who And Who Did This.......can It Be The Origin Of Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.