Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? (1390 Views)

Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / So Confused:what Is The Difference Between "VISION" And "PROPHECY" ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by OCTAVO: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Should visions and dreams be the principal factor to consider before settling down for a life partner?
Is a happy marriage guaranteed by visions and dreams?
Do you intend to wait for some kind of confirmation/conviction through dream or vision?
Are dreams and visions an effective means of choosing the right partner?
Pls let‘s all share meaningful contributions and preferably your experience.
Thanks.
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by Sirgen05(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
Meeting ur partner comes in varied forms and works differently 4 differently folks. It can be thru:
dreams, vision, special affection, striking coincidences, political affiliations, out of pity, culture, blackmail, obsession etc.
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by Ganys: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
Yes, Especially from the blurry visioned Pastor Chris Okotie :/
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by AtheistD(m): 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
Any decision made using dreams and visions will likely be unsuccessful.
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
I believe my dreams a lot.my dreams guide me and tells me what to expect or do especially when am praying about whatsoever.
Though not everybody has the gift of vision or dreams but when you are not at peace with something then don't do it.

A christian marriage should be between the man, his spouse, and God. Ignoring his directions when choosing a life partner could mean a lot of things.

For me is a yes, dreams and visions Are very effective in choosing a life partner if you are a christian.
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by OCTAVO: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
^^^ You mean all your dreams come true?
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
OCTAVO: ^^^ You mean all your dreams come true?
I want to believe is a rhetorical question and I would have to say that one shouldn't play with his or her dream.
Dreams are channels to which God reveals future events especially when you pray about something and such should not be ignored.

I have an aunt who had two suitors at thesame time and she had to make a choice so she started praying about it and she had a dream and saw a perculiar picture. She told me the picture was thesame with the picture she sees at one of the guys house but she wanted to be sure and she kept praying but the same picture kept appearing in her dreams.
Finally she was made up her mind and accepted him though she wasn't really in love with him.
They nolonger stay in nigeria, but I can tell you that they are happy with 4kids and the other guy she claimed to love is in a mess and isn't married till date.

Don't ignore your dreams, God knows what is best for his own. My two cent
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by OCTAVO: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2013
^
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by Heavenly102: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2013
Meeting a good partner is just based on your maturity and responsibility thats all

1 Like

Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 05, 2013
Good morning,

I am of the opinion that dreams can be used by God to reveal some truths to us. I am of the opinion also that not every dream has meaning and I believe firmly that some persons use dreams (in the guise that it's from God) to deceive those who are gullible and do not have the gift of discernment.

From the foregoing, I believe it would be "silly" for an adult to go into marriage with another just because the individual claims the spirit of God revealed this to him or her.

Even if the individual speaks the truth, and there was such a revelation then that individual has the duty of winning the hand of his or her partner to be. Let your would be partner accept you because he or she loves you and believes he or she has a future with you rather than acccepting you because you played "the spirit told me so" card.

Thank you!
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? by OCTAVO: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
In my on opinion, compartibility does it all.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Gospel Outreach / Let's Discuss Christ! / Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.