Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco (1182 Views)

Peter Okoye Says His Apology Was Just For The Fans / D'banj Apologizes For Poor Organization Of Koko Concert / Idris Elba In Town For D'banj's Koko Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco by Chief06: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
Source http://www.9jalife.com/2012/12/29/an-open-letter-to-dbanj-on-his-koko-concert-fiasco-apology/#ixzz2GT6xePsG

Dear D’Banj,
Let me commend you for a great show, I was able to watch it live over the internet from NYC , and for what it’s worth, I really think you did a good job putting it together. Having said that, I want to talk to you about the apology you issued.
While I’m not going to disparage you for apologizing, nowhere in your apology do you take any personal responsibility for the logistics fiasco that the Koko Concert was marred by, instead what you did do is pass the buck and blame ‘The Logistics Crew’ for dropping the ball. Consequently, your apology sounds more like a PR statement to show you’ve apologized than a sincere display of contrition.
Just in case you’ve forgotten, here’s what you put out on Twitter earlier this morning:

D'banj kokomaster

@iamdbanj
To all my great FANS that came out for me. Words cant express my gratitude and love for u guys. I apologise to everyone for any inconv...
29 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

D'banj kokomaster

@iamdbanj
Inconvenience, most especially the trek to jerusalem. Logistics crew were overwhelmed by the crowd turn out and traffic made adapting hard.
D'banj kokomaster

@iamdbanj
I send out my sincere apologies especially for the fact that you still came and made the show a Great success. I promise there won't be a re
D'banj kokomaster

@iamdbanj
Repeat of what happened. Measures are being taken to guarantee that. Again thank you and God bless. There can't be Dbanj without u guys,love

D’Banj, you organized the show, you attached your name to it, and you were the reason people invested their irreplaceable time and hard earned money to support the project. When everything went to hell in a handbasket, the blame rested squarely on YOUR shoulders. To blame the “logistics crew” for being overwhelmed is a very unwarranted low blow against folks who worked for YOU within the parameters YOU set up.

To reiterate, not one person who attended the concert or watched it from around the world did so because of ‘the logistics crew’, most of us did because of you, Dapo ‘D’Banj’ Oyebanjo. Consequently, to regain our trust and maintain our respect, we would have expected you to man up, take personal responsibility and move on.

Always remember this maxim that many great leaders live by: “Victory lies with the entire team , failure is the fault of the leader.” Plain and simple.

D’Banj I’m rooting for you and I’m sure many other people are, keep rocking!

Warm regards,
Mr. Aye Dee
Re: An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco by homesteady(m): 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
who is d writer?
Re: An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:10am On Dec 30, 2012
Dude is smilin wereva he is to d bank,... STOP Flogin a DEAD HORSE
Re: An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco by boron10(m): 6:34am On Dec 30, 2012
He shouldn't bother organizing any other concert again in Nigeria. First impression they say last longer. I'm very certain the turn out of any concert he organizes in Nigeria in later future would be low. Ever since he broke up with Don Jazzy, he's no longer the Dbanj we all know. Anyway, I wish him best of luck
Re: An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco by Bodmas06: 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
boron10: He shouldn't bother organizing any other concert again in Nigeria. First impression they say last longer. I'm very certain the turn out of any concert he organizes in Nigeria in later future would be low. Ever since he broke up with Don Jazzy, he's no longer the Dbanj we all know. Anyway, I wish him best of luck
Sharap u are nt there neither were you his fan i dnt knw y u people like to link evrytin dbanj does wit don jazzy.wot hapend can hapen to anybody even if his stil wit don jazy dats how u all u al said nobody wil attend d show.lets ur don jazzy organise his own make we see nah.
Re: An Open Letter To D’banj On His Apology For The Koko Concert Fiasco by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
OmolodMilkman93: Dude is smilin wereva he is to d bank,... STOP Flogin a DEAD HORSE
abi o.even with d letter,he has apologized so what else,abeg free d dude joor

(1) (Reply)

Dr Sid Set To Marry Lover / . / Doris Simeon In Fresh Divorce Case…daniel May Be Arrested For Alleged Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.