Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,147 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria (4503 Views)

Buhari Should Emulate Putin In This Photo / Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Germannig: 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2008
The New Kosovo: Path For The Yoruba Nation
By Remi Oyeyemi
Monday, 18 February 2008
“The Czech Republic and Slovakia engaged in their velvet divorce 15 years ago. Membership of the European Union has more than doubled since that date. It has been a fantastic two decades for those who make flags or sell maps but it has been a thoroughly confusing period otherwise. There are today, if one includes some of the smaller entities such as Andorra and San Marino, some 50 or more states in this continent.” - TIM HAMES of LONDON TIMES commenting on the declaration of Independence of KOSOVO earlier today.

The quote above is an evidence of the wave of self determination that is sweeping across the continent of Europe. It is a testimony to the fact that nothing is stronger than the primordial loyalty and self governance. It is a proof that no matter how long a people was held in bondage, freedom will always come. It is a testimony to the fact that among the peoples of Europe, globalization has no effect on the desire to have one’s own country.

Today, as I celebrate the birth of the Kosovo nation and congratulate the Kosovo people for their tenacity and victory, one is seizing this opportunity to call on other peoples of the world who wish to self determine to wake up and grab their destiny. I am particularly calling on my Yoruba people to begin to think of their own country and begin to work towards it. It is time for the birth of OODUA NATION.

One of the dangers for a public events analyst is to flow with the current of emotions, when facts on a particular issue points to a different direction. Despite the inherent dangers of predicting public events and the course of History based on what History itself has taught us, it is still an alluring adventure especially when the facts of the situation remains stubborn as in Nigeria’s case. But the fact that the Yoruba nation will be born would not have been a prediction along this line. This is because it is part of the natural course of events that will come to pass. And very soon too!

Despite the advancement of science and technology and the beauty of globalization, nature is the best propeller of regionalism. Nature as in your natural environment with the full right to determine how you want to live your life, without any outside power or influence raising any concern explains why there will be the Oodua Nation, why Biafra will be born again why other nations entangled in Nigerian quagmire will be free eventually and why Kosovo became free as a NATION today against all odds.

The OODUA nation must begin its journey to fruition right now. It is time for the leaders of Yoruba nation to begin coalescing and start to put in place the philosophical underpinnings of the Yoruba nation state. I am aware that there are fears. I am aware that there are concerns. I am aware there are nay Sayers. I am aware that there are arijenimodarus that can only survive in the Nigerian context and would work to undermine our dream. I am aware that there are internal and external enemies of the Yoruba nation who would rather see the Yoruba in perpetual subjugation to the Nigerian state. I am aware that the journey will not be easy. BUT I AM CONVINCED THAT IT IS UNSTOPPABLE.

Even the United Nations General Assembly in its resolution A/RES/61/295 of October 2, 2007 has contended inter alia:

“Concerned that indigenous peoples have suffered from historic injustices as a result of, inter alia, their colonization and dispossession of their lands, territories and resources, thus preventing them from exercising, in particular, their right to development in accordance with their own needs and interests,

Recognizing the urgent need to respect and promote the inherent rights of indigenous peoples which derive from their political, economic and social structures and from their cultures, spiritual traditions, histories and philosophies, especially their rights to their lands, territories and resources,

Recognizing also the urgent need to respect and promote the rights of indigenous peoples affirmed in treaties, agreements and other constructive arrangements with States,

Welcoming the fact that indigenous peoples are organizing themselves for political, economic, social and cultural enhancement and in order to bring to an end all forms of discrimination and oppression wherever they occur…”

As a student of history, one of the major lessons I have learnt is that no empire or amalgam can hold another race of people in bondage forever. This is why empires fall. It is why Nigeria will fail. It is why OODUA nation will be born. There is nothing like having your own country with your own people. Artificial countries like Nigeria never survive for ever. Such countries may survive for some time, but eventually, the power of primordial attachment and loyalty always overcome. The powers to self determine our future will prove too strong. The power to be free will not and can not be ignored.

United Kingdom has had a great History. It once upon a time ruled over the greater part of our world. But today, this proud history means nothing to the Scottish, the Welsh or the Irish who have been part of that History one way or the other. This History is not a factor in the desire of these peoples to have control over their own destinies. That country, the United Kingdom that engineered the amalgamation of the Nigerian behemoth is breaking down!

As far as I am concerned, any worry about the Nigerian mess is a waste of time. One discusses the Nigerian issues nowadays with a distant emotion. This is because it is an exercise in futility. Nigeria can not work. My concern right now is the future of the Oodua Nation that will soon be given birth to. This is because it is a natural course of events for Oodua nation to become a reality, no matter the obstacles, no matter how long it takes.

Even then, the issue now for me has gone beyond the inefficiency of the Nigerian state as a Country. The issue now is no longer about the corruption of the ruling class. It is no longer about the unfulfilled dreams of Nigeria. The fact now is that if Nigeria was paved with gold on its streets, in its houses, in its hospitals, in its market places and even in its toilets, it will still not matter to me anymore. In my view, it is time for the Yoruba Nation to be born. As Osagyefo Kwameh Nkrumah once said “Ask ye for the political kingdom and all other things shall be added unto thee.” Freedom and independence is the fullest of all richness. It is the best that this present generation of Yoruba leaders will bequeath to our future generation.

The birth of the Yoruba nation has become inevitable. I know that some are going to pooh-pooh this as illusions. Others will deride this. Some still will attack and call names. Often, those who do not understand the force of history can only see illusions in an idea that is in tune with nature and whose time has come. As the write-up below culled from the London Times attests to “If anyone had predicted in these pages in February 1988 that the atlas would look as it does now, they would have been dismissed. The notion then that Kosovo would become an independent nation would have been regarded as laughable.” Please read the full story:

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2008
hmmmmh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2008
Eventually it will become inevitable. All tribes will have their own state. Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Ijaw, etc
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by almondjoy(f): 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2008
I think willy*2 will love this. grin
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by doyin13(m): 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2008
hehehehehe. . . .

willy*2 for answer. . .but the JTF have been alerted to his whereabouts in the creeks

and fishoil no fit run im generator cheesy

come i pass a motion for the Ishan to have their own state.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2008
OH LORD!!! when Will you cause us to use our brains more embarassed embarassed
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2008
osun state wants out of yorubaland. grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by almondjoy(f): 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2008
. . . . . . .And the saga continues. . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin

so where does it end? undecided
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Crownvilla(m): 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2008
If Nigeria splits into 3, 4, or 15 fiefdoms it will not make any difference unless the real issue of "corruption" is dealt with.

For instance, who will be the president of OODUA? Take your pick from OBJ, Bode George, Fayose, Oyinlola, Agagu. Tafa Balogun, Ehindero, Akala, Adedibu, Akinjide, Saraki (jr and snr), Tinubu, Olurin, and the beat goes on. It is very likely that the leader will come from that nasty lot or one of their imposed lackey boys.

I'm not sure if Oodua Investment company (wholly owned by Yoruba states) has made a decent profit in years. Ditto the Gateway Hotels. Catch my drift?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Rebirth(m): 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2008
Crownvilla:

If Nigeria splits into 3, 4, or 15 fiefdoms it will not make any difference unless the real issue of "corruption" is dealt with.

For instance, who will be the president of OODUA? Take your pick from OBJ, Bode George, Fayose, Oyinlola, Agagu. Tafa Balogun, Ehindero, Akala, Adedibu, Akinjide, Saraki (jr and snr), Tinubu, Olurin, and the beat goes on. It is very likely that the leader will come from that nasty lot or one of their imposed lackey boys.

I'm not sure if Oodua Investment company (wholly owned by Yoruba states) has made a decent profit in years. Ditto the Gateway Hotels. Catch my drift?
I am laffing and rolling on the floor, ,
, wait a minute, , i'm yoruba angry angry angry
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by folem: 12:43am On Feb 22, 2008
Ibime:

Eventually it will become inevitable. All tribes will have their own state. Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Ijaw, etc

The tribe of Somalis have Somalia and what have they done with their country?

Within Yoruba's there are differences e.g Ife/Modakeke and in case you don't remember, Civil Wars have been fought before amongst Yoruba e.g Kiriji Wars and will likely be fought again just like the Somalis in the event of being in a country where there are no external tribes to put the underdevelopment blame games on when they don't "blame it on the rain".
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Tornadoz(m): 1:00am On Feb 22, 2008
doyin13:

hehehehehe. . . .

willy*2 for answer. . .but the JTF have been alerted to his whereabouts in the creeks

and fishoil no fit run im generator cheesy

come i pass a motion for the Ishan to have their own state.
Why did you come up with this? Why would Ishan want out of Edo state?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Germannig: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2008
The Yoruba should leave already and not just talk, talk, no action. Nigeria is tired of the Shenanigens of OBJ, Adedibu and Bode George, etc, and the hardships these guys have wrought on us. Before they leave, though, they should not forget to empty their kabu kabu and Okada tanks of Niger Delta (and Abia and Imo) oil. grin

Oh! I forgot that Ondo is also oil-producing.

And, no one, not even the OPC, should declare my flat at Ijegun, behind Satellite town on Lagos-Badagry expressway an abandoned property ohhhhhhhh!
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2008
Tornadoz:

Why did you come up with this? Why would Ishan want out of Edo state?

Hear that whoosh! sound?

That's the sound of a joke flying right over your head grin
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2008
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah,

i am loving this. waiting for comments from other landers

this will be interesting.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by MCUsman(m): 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2008
Germannig:

The New Kosovo: Path For The Yoruba Nation
By Remi Oyeyemi
Monday, 18 February 2008

Go to youtube and type this in the search bar: Ton Loc "Funky Cold, "

You can thank me later
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Rlst84sale(m): 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2008
You sure have a dream Germannig
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by HottFunmi: 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2008
By Folem,
The tribe of Somalis have Somalia and what have they done with their country?

Within Yoruba's there are differences e.g[b] Ife/Modakeke and in case you don't remember, Civil Wars have been fought before amongst Yoruba e.g Kiriji Wars and will likely be fought again just like the Somalis in the event of being in a country where there are no external tribes to put the underdevelopment blame games on when they don't "blame it on the rain[/b]".
God forbid, the yoruba nation will not fight another civil war like Ife/Modakeke. What kind of prayer is that? Do you know what Ife/modakeke did to yoruba nation? Do you know how much blood and human resources that was lost in that senseless war?  I am sure you are not far from the disciples of Adedibu who claim to love and preserve the yoruba people but inwards, they are filled with hate and looking for a way to sell their brothers for $1.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by bibiking1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2008
Another stupid tribalistic thread, filled with the rantings of imbecilic idiots! sad sad sad sad sad
Please i think some people should be banned for setting up potentially harmful threads like this one.

And of course i see the same familiar names (and some similar ones), that have helped deface the pages of several other unreasonable threads in the past.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by willy4: 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2008
Germannig:

The Yoruba should leave already and not just talk, talk, no action.
Fear will not let Yoruba leave, they are known for Big Mouth and no action
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2008

lol what a baby
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by palmwine(m): 11:12pm On Feb 23, 2008
We seem to forget that in the world today no small counrty (i mean population wise) matters. China and India today apart from anything else are reckoned with as a result of their population. We need this nigeria to be one. All lther differences can be addressed. Spliting should not be an option. Show me a country that has achieved greatness by spliting?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by palmwine(m): 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2008
My question is, who is carrying out htis injustice? A yoruba man was president for 8yrs what did he do for the yoruba people, What has the ordinary northerner got to show for all this period of northern "Domination"? except alimanjiri, niger deltans are opressed by their own poeple, Alamasigha, Ibori, Igbenedion etc etc etc are all from the Niger delta.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by palmwine(m): 11:24pm On Feb 23, 2008
If we create this yoruba repulic, who those likely to be president, senators, governors etc, well i can asure you that the likes of Adedibu, Obasanjo et al. will most likely head or hand pick poeple into this position.

Our problem in Nigeria is not in numencleature. The issue is corruption and vissionless leadership.

remember we use to thinkl that independence will solve all our problems. DID IT?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 23, 2008
willy*2:

LOL, 

@ topic,  ok o After the Yorubas leave, i suggest my people in Cross River State to form their own country too,  (peaceful, clean, innovative country) and then Don Duke will be president since he wasnt allowed to be president of nigeria. What a laugh,  grin grin
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by palmwine(m): 3:41am On Feb 24, 2008
@nigeria1

Well the Yoruba may not be as united as you claim, Ilorin says they are not Yorubas or are you trying to force them into it? I Live there. There Governor is chairman of the Northen Governors forum. The Elder Saraki is chairman of Northen consultative one thing, and they are ruled by an Emir who says thety are Fulanis.

unity in Nigeria will help alot more than Spliting. Thats all I have said. And you are yet to show ant great nation among those fragmented "New Nations" One or two examples should convince us grin
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by deor03(m): 6:37am On Feb 24, 2008
rubbish, let remi oyeyemi take the lead. Instead of using our diversity to our advantage, one primitive guy is wrting that youruba should break out.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by davidif: 7:03am On Feb 24, 2008
want out of nigeria and do what? eat pounded yam grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 7:59am On Feb 24, 2008
If Odudua, Biafra, MEND, MOSSOP etc can get together, I don't think Hausa have a choice but to let them go. The fact is that there is not ONE successful country in the world with an even mix of Islami / Christian population. Nigeria can split into two if we wish. Or we can be like UAE and have small City-states. It doesn't really matter. The fact is that we are tired of living with Aboki.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by willy4: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2008
Ibime:

If Odudua, Biafra, MEND, MOSSOP etc can get together, I don't think Hausa have a choice but to let them go.
Oduduwa/Yoruba should go it alone.
Biafra, MIND,MOSSOP etc are tired of people who are Chameleons, They don't want at their back the OBAS with go for another THANK YOU VISIT to the EMIRS.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by naijaking1: 12:39am On Mar 05, 2008
@Poster, and Oyeyemi

You're foolish boys wey no get common sense.

Common sense to read and understand Nigeria 1950s and 60s history.

Did you bother to ask your papa b/4 opening ya big mouths?

Papa, I mean those selfish and short-sighted Yorubas like OBJ, Adedibu, Awo, etc. who know say a Yoruba republic is what they wanted, but somehow for some short-sighted personal gratifications have decided otherwise.

Go talk to them b/4 coming to waste our time.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by sukieboy(f): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2008
Well,
There is a need for this move. we can't continue like this anymore.
lets do something different. even if we split into 100, so what? what about the tiny, working and successful pieces in Europe?
The issue is not who rules? we will know what to do when the oil money is nomore there. There will be a new generation of dynamic leaders who will be selfless. The OODUA i tell you will be the most successful at the begining. though am from the Niger Delta, we will have a little issue with the oil money but will later handl the situation. The North will wake up and Agriculture and solid minerals will help them but the country will be backward cos of the effect of them not investing in Education in time.

The Igbo will be very industrious and will advance as well. The block will be the strongest in African. The will all be iniatially be dependent on the Delta in Energy and Power. the North will need less power and the will be a serious matching up with the rest problem there.

Cities will rise to surpass Abuja. Lagos will be great. The Niger Delta will be the strongest in international respect and power brokage. Technology will grow fast there. I will be the richest in Sub-Saharan Africa after SA.

These are no predictions or peophesies these are realities that will confront us in the nearest future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage / (video) Boko Haram Leader, Declares War On Jonathan And Nigerian / Presidency Disowns Australian Boko Haram Negotiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.