Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,747 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent (1167 Views)

Buhari’s Delay In Making Appointments Exposing Us To Ridicule-apc Chieftain / Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 30, 2012
I noticed that the most ridiculed posters on nl are Igbo2011 and cap28, and these are the most passionate black brothers on this forum... These brothers don't even care about their ethnic group nor engage in the ethnic chauvinism and bigotry that's the bane of this forum and Nigeria/African continent in general... All they care about is the upliftment of black people and the African continent - yet they still get ridiculed everyday by pseudo-intellectuals, coons, uncle Toms, aunt Tomasinas, spooks, political jobbers etc..

Why can't we cut them slack and listen to the message they have got for us??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 30, 2012
embarassed

cry
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Sweetgurl2(f): 4:53am On Dec 30, 2012
I know ey... breaks my heart sad. They point out the issues and then slam you for caring or wanting to fix it. Im totally confused. God help us.
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by MegaMan2020: 4:55am On Dec 30, 2012
Because Africans understand that talk is cheap. Yeah it's all well and good being "passionate about Africa" on the Internet but how about you get off your backside and make something happen? No one in the real world has time to listen to Internet preachers and story tellers. I have work in the morning. I will continue to live my life regardless!

1 Like

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
I know ey... breaks my heart sad. They point out the issues and then slam you for caring or wanting to fix it. Im totally confused. God help us.

Word... However, the most important thing is not to give up and that's why I admire the guts of these brothers... I gave up time ago and I'm very happy they have continued to stand firm despite getting ridiculed all the time...

Have you got plans for Africa??
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 30, 2012
MegaMan2020: Because Africans understand that talk is cheap. Yeah it's all well and good being "passionate about Africa" on the Internet but how about you get off your backside and make something happen? No one in the real world has time to listen to Internet preachers and story tellers. I have work in the morning. I will continue to live my life regardless!

How about "each one, teach one?" Awareness and consciousness is the most important thing and people have to be aware and educated before they can make a change... Do you expect these two powerless brothers to go make a change in a country of over 150 million mis-educated people They have to start from somewhere and NL provides a platform for that...

How about listening to their message and educating other people??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Sweetgurl2(f): 5:06am On Dec 30, 2012
shymexx:

Word... However, the most important thing is not to give up and that's why I admire the guts of these brothers... I gave up time ago and I'm very happy they have continued to stand firm despite getting ridiculed all the time...

Have you got plans for Africa??

Yes I do. But I can only contribute. I would love to know that in the years to come my children can decide to live happily in Nigeria or anywhere else in Africa peacefully with the all benefits o/s have to offer and more cause there are home. Back when I was in uni the international students from Zimbabwe and Ghana have an associate in Australia where they get together and work out different ways they can go back home and contribute to the development of their nation. But when you approach Nigerians with this idea you get slammed in a very brutal and harsh way. They many countries like Ghana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Botswana who are getting together and working together to develop their nation especially those who have studied o/s and return back home. Im very proud of them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Yes I do. But I can only contribute. I would love to know that in the years to come my children can decide to live happily in Nigeria or anywhere else in Africa peacefully with the all benefits o/s have to offer and more cause there are home. Back when I was in uni the international students from Zimbabwe and Ghana have an associate in Australia where they get together and work out different ways they can go back home and contribute to the development of their nation. But when you approach Nigerians with this idea you get slammed in a very brutal and harsh way. They many countries like Ghana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Botswana who are getting together and working together to develop their nation especially those who have studied o/s and return back home. Im very proud of them.

Not surprised at all - Nigerians are notorious for being obnoxious, mouthy, loud, ignorant, and arrogant... Yet they have nothing to show for it...If you have never seen what Nigeria looks like and you judge Nigeria based on Nigerians in diaspora, you would think the country was paradise on earth lol... However, we all know that's far from the truth...

Just make sure you contribute your quota to Nigeria and the continent - I have also got plans for mama Africa...
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Chanchit: 5:13am On Dec 30, 2012
shymexx: I noticed that the most ridiculed posters on nl are Igbo2011 and cap28, and these are the most passionate black brothers on this forum... These brothers don't even care about their ethnic group nor engage in the ethnic chauvinism and bigotry that's the bane of this forum and Nigeria/African continent in general... All they care about is the upliftment of black people and the African continent - yet they still get ridiculed everyday by pseudo-intellectuals, coons, uncle Toms, aunt Tomasinas, spooks, political jobbers etc..

Are all this people u jst mentioned NLders..? Cos I've never seen them talkless of ridicule them.
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 30, 2012
Chanchit:

Are all this people u jst mentioned NLders..? Cos I've never seen them talkless of ridicule them.

They're on Nl and they're both regular posters...
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 5:19am On Dec 30, 2012
shymexx:

Not surprised at all - Nigerians are notorious for being obnoxious, mouthy, loud, ignorant, and arrogant... Yet they have nothing to show for it...If you have never seen what Nigeria looks like and you judge Nigeria based on Nigerians in diaspora, you would think the country was paradise on earth lol... However, we all know that's far from the truth...

Just make sure you contribute your quota to Nigeria and the continent - I have also got plans for mama Africa...

if it's not too indiscreet,may i ask u what are your plans for mamie Afrique?
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Sweetgurl2(f): 5:21am On Dec 30, 2012
shymexx:

I'm glad im not the only person who thinks this of Nigerians and their country. The whole world is sick and tired of their arrogance with zero to show for it. In fact my dad who is full Nigerian is the one who is the most negative and anti helping Nigerian i know.
By the way we need to get ready to be slapped on NL for our perception of Nigerians. LOL... shame on them! Let them continue with their arrogance while all the countries they are insulting and looking down on are getting far ahead of them.
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

I'm glad im not the only person who thinks this of Nigeria. The whole world is sick and tired of their arrogance with zero to show for it. In fact my dad who is full Nigerian is the one who is the most negative and anti helping Nigerian i know.
By the way we need to get ready to be slapped on NL for our perception of Nigerians. LOL... shame on them! Let them continue with their arrogance while all the countries they are insulting and looking down on are getting far ahead of them.

It high time they started looking at the "man" in the mirror... My pops hates the country as well - and the same goes for everyone that I know... The only thing he talks about is old Lagos and how it use to be beautiful, that's about it loooool...

The other African countries are moving forward - let them continue in their pride and arrogance, and see how everyone is going to leave them behind...

1 Like

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Ikengawo: 6:11am On Dec 30, 2012
I completely agree.
Nigerians are going to miss the train if they don't start thinking and speaking based on reality.
They can either tell you Nigeria is Dubai or Somalia, but never anything realistic or factual
They also think going to NIgeria is a death sentence because "there's no light" So you can forget any hope of them helping to advance the country with what they're learned. They would rather earn PHDs and use them to drive taxis as they do in the west.
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by igbo2011(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
We have crabs in a barrel mentality. If we see someone wants to make a change we say he is too "afrocentric" and demonize him. I get demonized all the time for trying to uplift blacks. It is crazy it is from my own people too. SMH Us black people worldwide have self hate. Slavery, and colonialism destroyed our minds.

But I will work to make Africa better. I work hard for this reason.
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
igbo2011: We have crabs in a barrel mentality. If we see someone wants to make a change we say he is too "afrocentric" and demonize him. I get demonized all the time for trying to uplift blacks. It is crazy it is from my own people too. SMH Us black people worldwide have self hate. Slavery, and colonialism destroyed our minds.

But I will work to make Africa better. I work hard for this reason.

True.. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't let these mis-educated people make you lose focus..
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by huninaija(f): 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
Because the truth hurts g, people prefer to believe in their make believe fairy tale of a world than to wake up to the truth... Damned is the person that tries to wake them up damned is the person that doesn't... Ask Kwame Nkrumah, Gaddafi and Patrice Lumumba heck even Jesus... Its all smoke and mirrors!
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by vladimiros: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
why do black people still see everything as "our black brother or sister"

why can't we look ahead and see the future without bringing a racial slur to it?
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by birdman(m): 4:42am On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx: I noticed that the most ridiculed posters on nl are Igbo2011 and cap28, and these are the most passionate black brothers on this forum... These brothers don't even care about their ethnic group nor engage in the ethnic chauvinism and bigotry that's the bane of this forum and Nigeria/African continent in general... All they care about is the upliftment of black people and the African continent - yet they still get ridiculed everyday by pseudo-intellectuals, coons, uncle Toms, aunt Tomasinas, spooks, political jobbers etc..

cap28 brings some of the ridicule on himself. Having a message is not enough, you also have to deliver it in the right spirit. Getting abusive and aggressive when people disagree with you out of ignorance does not help your message. If you really have pure intentions, then you should be more concerned about people gaining knowledge than trying to show you know more than others.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Gbawe: 7:03am On Dec 31, 2012
birdman:

cap28 brings some of the ridicule on himself. Having a message is not enough, you also have to deliver it in the right spirit. Getting abusive and aggressive when people disagree with you out of ignorance does not help your message. If you really have pure intentions, then you should be more concerned about people gaining knowledge than trying to show you know more than others.

Thank you Birdman !!! Cap28 is a revolting dolt and an empty barrel. Dude, until I put him in his place, used to follow me around hurling insult anywhere I spoke simply because I am moderate in view and not racist like he is. Everybody who does not hate the West or the white man is an "Uncle Tom" to him yet he is the biggest charlatan and hypocrite I know because he spews racist and anti-Western vitriol daily without having the balls to leave the UK he hates passionately to come back to Nigeria, or even anywhere in the "motherland" to lead by example.

He is nothing but an Abu Hamza who preaches hatred against the UK daily yet collects copious amount of State benefit while fighting against deportation to the place he deceitfully claims is paradise. I patently despise cowardly people like that because nothing is easier in life than to act against a situation, person or place you do not like instead of showing cowardice by complaining daily and doing nothing about what you claim ails you.

The irony is that pretentious folks like Cap28 are very ignorant and do not even appreciate who they are talking to. They have read a few books but have very little experience of how the world really works because they stay in one place making misinformed judgements about everywhere/everyone else to suit their paranoid delusions!!!! The day that fool can leave his UK comfort zone to go and begin operating businesses across Africa, employing Africans, or set up an NGO to better the life of African kids, is the day I will take his silly and empty rants seriously. I am not impressed with the likes of Cap28 and I certainly don't know why anybody would be.

Nothing is worse than the pan-African running on the fuel of idealism and nothing else. Come to West Africa and see , as I have with my two eyes, "evil whitey" running all the NGO's (Non-government organisations) in the most rural villages , providing essential services of education and health, while rich and well-educated local Africans obsess about taking delivery of their 12th SUV and planning their daughter's massive society wedding to note that folks like Cap28 are just deluded cavemen who do not do reality and are actually a waste of space as far as the notion of those who will be useful to the progress of Africa. Dude is a total hateful loser attacking others who are far more focused, more useful and better individuals than he is.

By the way, this message is for all the wannabe 'pan-Africans'. Get involved and don't just chat crap online while judging others via taking some pretentious moral high ground when your contribution to improving Africa is a big fat zero !!!!! You folks talk a lot but I don't see your contribution on the ground where it matters - and that really angers me because it illustrates the problem of Africa i.e hypocritical and pious talk yet zero exemplary action. If your talk translated into real effort then Africa would be better today but the fact is that you are all firmly ensconced in your diasporan bases , talking tediously, while 'whitey' you malign so much is probably doing more for your own rural community than you ever can/will.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Sweetgurl2(f): 7:11am On Dec 31, 2012
Gbawe:

By the way, this message is for all the wannabe 'pan-Africans'. Get involved and don't just chat crap online while judging others via taking some pretentious moral high ground when your contribution to improving Africa is a big fat zero !!!!! You folks talk a lot but I don't see your contribution on the ground where it matters. If your talk translated into real effort then Africa would be better today but the fact is that you are all firmly ensconced in your diasporan bases , talking tediously, while 'whitey' you malign so much is probably doing more for your own rural community than you ever can/will.

This is exactly what we are talking about. People like u who are so negative. You turn people off instead of encouraging them. What if we are currently just talking cant u encourage us? Sick and tired of people like you. Do u think by talking to us like this because we have ideas would encourage us to pack up our bags and go and contribute Some people talk because all they need is 1 or 2 people to get behind them and encourage them.
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Gbawe: 7:30am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

This is exactly what we are talking about. People like u who are so negative. You turn people off instead of encouraging them. What if we are currently just talking cant u encourage us? Sick and tired of people like you. Do u think by talking to us like this because we have ideas would encourage us to pack up our bags and go and contribute Some people talk because all they need is 1 or 2 people to get behind them and encourage them.

Look, my message is not against you so do not work yourself up for no reason. Indeed I encourage decent and open-minded folks any time, any day. Whether it is online or on the ground. My free and voluntary effort , to get Africans to 'look back', is even far more than anyone here can imagine.

I am talking to Cap28 and his type. If you are in his category, i.e racist and angry yet doing zero and failing woefully to lead by example while very comfortable attacking those doing so, then be my guest getting angry and rude. Otherwise look within yourself and try and see things from the view point of others.

Here, I do not address you yet you are getting rude and emotionally joining issues because of your own wrong comprehension of what others are saying. I am speaking to Cap28 and his ilk who I have a history with on NL because of their attitude of attacking others who simply don't share their extreme views. If you want encouragement, the first thing to possess is a mind open to what others propose. That is not the case with Cap28 et al. They know nothing about Africa yet seek to be the most racist and extreme voices of the continent while attacking those who are actually involved with the continent and have put their money where their mouth is to invest in Africa.
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by igbo2011(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

True.. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't let these mis-educated people make you lose focus..

Even in Africa they have a colonial education. They teach you thatvAfricans are the most inferior people in the world. While giving religious courses worshipping white people. We need to change this and put black images of dieties. These missionary schools are bad IMO. I know Africans who think their history started with the white man. They we need to change our mindset. I try posting positive history or documentaries here like Motherland 500 years later and hidden colors 1 and 2
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by birdman(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
igbo2011:

Even in Africa they have a colonial education. They teach you thatvAfricans are the most inferior people in the world. While giving religious courses worshipping white people. We need to change this and put black images of dieties. These missionary schools are bad IMO. I know Africans who think their history started with the white man. They we need to change our mindset. I try posting positive history or documentaries here like Motherland 500 years later and hidden colors 1 and 2

Good luck with the bolded. The mental headlock is so strong that I dont think many Nigerians can even imagine a black Jesus, even though they will quickly tell you Jesus' color does not matter.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by thoth: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
One enlightened individual cannot change anything, but when he enlightens many and they in turn enlighten others it forms a power base to which change can be effected.

If all the enlightened individuals keep making individual changes by themselves it will bring a bigger change, If the many of the enlightened comes together and presses for change the probability of such change materializing becomes higher.

The precedent for all these is the one person whom strives to enlighten others.

I hear this "go home and do something" a lot and i always asks go home and do what ?
Do what exactly ? Will you stand alone ? Fight alone ?

I always hear about starting NGOs, white people running NGOs, do you know the nature of those NGOs ? What has decades of numerous NGOs and Foreign Aids done in solving the African problem ?

Sometimes one has to wonder at stuffs supposedly sane people say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by ChimaAdeoye: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
shymexx:
I noticed that the most ridiculed posters on nl are Igbo2011 and cap28, and these are the most passionate black brothers on this forum... These brothers don't even care about their ethnic group nor engage in the ethnic chauvinism and bigotry that's the bane of this forum and Nigeria/African continent in general... All they care about is the upliftment of black people and the African continent - yet they still get ridiculed everyday by pseudo-intellectuals, coons, uncle Toms, aunt Tomasinas, spooks, political jobbers etc..

[size=18pt]To care for Africa or a black man is truly ridiculous![/size]
Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by Horus(m): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
shymexx:

I was also ridiculed everyday for the same reason, this is why I now post videos most of the time instead of getting into arguments with all the "incurable house negros"" on this forum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African/Black People Ridicule Those Who Care About Them And The Continent by igbo2011(m): 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

[size=18pt]To care for Africa or a black man is truly ridiculous![/size]

Why?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Right-wingers Bash President Obama For Having Food-taster / First Lady Denies Having Meeting With APGA Chairman In Her Bedroom / Why Is Apc Not Reacting To N255m Car Purchased By Ministry Of Aviation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.