Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car (30628 Views)

Kogi APC In A Joyful Mood As Gov. Wada Win PDP Primary / Femi Akinsanya Walked-out Of Wrecked Plane Before It Caught Fire / Gov Wada Rejects Treatment Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by mosunade(f): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2012
oyb: the picture of the lexus jeep cheesy is on vanguard , so maybe we can assume its true

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/gov-wada-rejects-treatment-abroad/

i have to wonder at what speed they were driving

hard to feel sympathy for any convoy driving idioat that gets in an accident - they turn themselves to kings of the road

Because it is on Vanguard now means it cant be fake?

LOL. SMH

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2012
All Jeeps are SUVs, but all SUVs are not jeep!

Jeep is a brand while SUV is a type of vehicle.

For instance, we have Sedan, SUV, truck, Van, Mini-vans, Caravans, etc. These are all classes of vehicles manufactured by different automobile makers from- Mercedes Benz, Toyota, NISSAN, HONDA, Chrysler, GM, Ford, Volkz Wagen, Renault, Audi, Peugeot, etc.

In conclusion, saying a Landcruiser jeep is literary wrong, it should be a Toyota SUV of Landcruiser brand or model, or Landcruiser since all Landcruisers are SUV. But in Nigerian context, Jeep is equal to SUV, but its wrong.

We make wrong use of so many words in Nigeria. Landcruiser seems to be the most popular and agile SUV in the world, classic axle, strong for bad roads, good for long journeys, good shock absorber system, nice ABS, excellent engine function and generally spacious to give passengers maximum comfort during journeys.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Ollymore(m): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2012
alstacs:

Nigerians don tire me oh. This is a country where all toothpastes are McCleans and all SUVs are JEEPS.
God go help Nigerian English. grin
alstacs:

Nigerians don tire me oh. This is a country where all toothpastes are McCleans and all SUVs are JEEPS.
alstacs:

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2012
mosun_ade:

Because it is on Vanguard now means it cant be fake?

LOL. SMH
I don't think an acclaimed newspaper like vanguard would put up such delicate info if its false. Again, it won't cost much effort to get to the accident scene to get a snap shot of the accidented vehicle, plus many eye-witness would have snapped it including photo-journalists. So let's not dispute the fact that it could be the pic if its truly on vanguard

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2012
@OP so, you want us to tell u that the driver used jazz abi?
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Ollymore(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2012
alstacs:

not only dat all nodles are indomie nd all seasonings are maggi. In nigeria a brand dat first come to onboard is wht dey will generalise nd use to be calling product.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by ozodimgba(m): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2012
Allahu akbar! where are those that say anambra state oil well belongs to them? People should be careful of thier action and inactios. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2012
JideTheBlogger: @OP so, you want us to tell u that the driver used jazz abi?

I don hear some beer-parlour gist say some drivers (and passengers) dey use jazz take disappear from car when accident happen.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by mosunade(f): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2012
DailyNews: I don't think an acclaimed newspaper like vanguard would put up such delicate info if its false. Again, it won't cost much effort to get to the accident scene to get a snap shot of the accidented vehicle, plus many eye-witness would have snapped it including photo-journalists. So let's not dispute the fact that it could be the pic if its truly on vanguard

So they took the picture while its being towed away. Or cant you see the towing vehicle? and that's the only single picture available everywhere? including all other newspaper houses.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by lafuria1(m): 10:33am On Dec 30, 2012
thread has moved to automobile sections, PLEASE MOD CHANGE THE TOPIC ON FRONT PAGE TO READ 'SUV OR JEEP'..........

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by mosunade(f): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2012
la furia: thread has moved to automobile sections, PLEASE MOD CHANGE THE TOPIC ON FRONT PAGE TO READ 'SUV OR JEEP'..........

Dont mind the over sabi housewives wey they call their husband uncle.

I too know people.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by 80million1: 10:36am On Dec 30, 2012
*speechless*

Despite all the bad news around, i have some good news for u sirs and mas.

AGBALUMO is finally out!

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Super1759: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2012
JideTheBlogger: @OP so, you want us to tell u that the driver used jazz abi?
some drivers deh use jazz naa. You think say to drive deh easy? grin
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Super1759: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2012
#80million:
*speechless*

Despite all the bad news around, i have some good news for u sirs and mas.

AGBALUMO is finally out!
udara you mean?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by bashydemy(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2012
LOLz, About the argument going on about SUV/JEEP, How many Nigerian know that Jeep and SUV are different? every SUV in Nigeria are called Jeep. Moreso there are ride like Honda Odyssey, Sienna, etc they are called Space Bus and they are all SUV. So many people dont know what they are called so we are adapt to that pattern.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by mu2sa2: 10:42am On Dec 30, 2012
Osiris.211:
From Yahoo.

Isn't SUV american and 4X4 or 4WD British?
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by smsmoney(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2012
Ollymore: not only dat all nodles are indomie nd all seasonings are maggi. In nigeria a brand dat first come to onboard is wht dey will generalise nd use to be calling product.
Just like all detergents are omo
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by sexyglow(f): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2012
ogasir2011:

Please what is the diffrence Jeep and SUV?
an SUV is any Sports Utility vehicle while Jeep is a brand name of Vehicle and it's also an SUV.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by azpekuliar: 10:47am On Dec 30, 2012
J12:

In nigeria, JEEP is a general word for SUV.
We wont change anytime soon.

.... and it's high time that changed. I stopped using the term 'Jeep' in refering to SUV's, 7 years ago, you can too.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by mosunade(f): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2012
jeep
/jēp/
Noun
A small, sturdy motor vehicle with four-wheel drive, esp. one used by the military.

Trade name
The original trademark brand-name application was filed in February 1943 by Willys-Overland.[7]

It is also used as a generic term with a lowercase (jeep) for vehicles inspired by the Jeep that are suitable for use on rough terrain.[8]

As the only company that continually produced Jeep vehicles after the war, in June 1950 Willys-Overland was granted the privilege of owning the name "Jeep" as a registered trademark.[7]

http://books.google.com.ng/books?id=YXow9otLiI8C&pg=PA50&dq=Jeep+Generic+trademark&hl=en#v=onepage&q=Jeep%20Generic%20trademark&f=false
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2012
As Jeep be the first brand of SUV to hit the market...Lexus LX, Mercedes Benz ML, etc don turn Jeep

Likewise Gala be the first brand of Beef Sausage Roll to hit the market...Beefie, Bigi, Fill-Up, etc don automatically turn to Gala...

Meanwhile help me call dat boy wey dey hawk La Casera make I take push my Gala, sorry Beefie

Port Harcourt Boy typing from First Artillery traffic
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2012
alstacs:

All noodles are indomie
All pain killers are panadol
All tin tomatoes are Gino

I love Nigeria.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by bashydemy(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: As Jeep be the first brand of SUV to hit the market...Lexus LX, Mercedes Benz ML, etc don turn Jeep

Likewise Gala be the first brand of Beef Sausage Roll to hit the market...Beefie, Bigi, Fill-Up, etc don automatically turn to Gala...

Meanwhile help me call dat boy wey dey hawk La Casera make I take push my Gala, sorry Beefie

Port Harcourt Boy typing from First Artillery traffic
you right bro
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by bashydemy(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2012
All toothpaste are Maclean or close up.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 30, 2012
J12:

Jeep is a product brand, SUV is the general term for the product.
O BOY..... SEE MICHEAL WEST DICTIONARY EXPLANATION..... MORE CONFUSION FOR THE PERSON THAT ASKED THE QUESTION! grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by naptu2: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2012
grin after 4 years of waiting I finally get the chance to argue this on nairaland.

Ahem! Jeep is both a generic name and a brand name.

During World War 2 the US Department of Defence invited tenders for a General Purpose vehicle. It was won by a small company (I've forgotten the name). They produced the famous Willy's.

The company was too small to produce the required units of the general purpose vehicle, so the Ford Motor Company (FoMOCO) was also invited to produce general purpose vehicles for the military.

The soldiers shortened general purpose to GP, which later became jeep (in the same way Government Issued became GI).

This was also adopted by the british who produced the famous landrover. The landrover was called a jeep, ie general purpose vehicle. Nigeria was colonised by the british. (A jeep is a sturdy 4wheel drive vehicle, often used by the military).

The small company was eventually absorbed by Chrysler Corporation which has the Jeep Division that produces Jeep branded vehicles (Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, etc).

Definition of jeep from the Oxford dictionary
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/jeep

SUV is a recent term ('80s onwards).

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by mu2sa2: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2012
alstacs:

Old habits die hard. Up till late 1970s Macleans toothpaste dominated the nigerian toopthpaste market, so people simply used "Macleans" as if synonymous with toothpaste. And to this day to many people Macleans means toothpaste and toothpaste means macleans. As for using jeep for all SUVs, I think it is because Cherokee Jeeps were among the first SUVs in nigerian market so even when other brands of SUVs appeared naija people just called them jeep as well.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Emdee590(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2012
alstacs:

LWKMD
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by NegroNtns(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2012
the evolution and adaptation of eep from off road usage (including amphibious) to boulevard cruising is what brought the cosmetically sounding name SUV. Jeep had always been a Utility Vehicle, the word sport was added for yuppies with country homes who wanted to pack golf kitties and kayak and bicycle racks with camping gears along when they go hiking. The Jeep is a perfect match for all that.

there was jeep for the traveller, a jeep for the army, a jeep for the fire brigade, a jeep for the butcher.......i could swear even sunday gboku gboku had a jeep hearse.

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by NegroNtns(m): 11:02am On Dec 30, 2012
how is a jeep different from a suv, beside how much you pay to purchase one?

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by megasoul: 11:03am On Dec 30, 2012
Na 4 9ja I dey hear say scorpion bite person shocked whereas na sting other countries own dey sting. Jeep is a product brand jst like Toyota, Nissan, BMW etc & not any SUV(sport utility vehicle) or HRV(high rising vehicle). cheesy
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by talktimi(m): 11:12am On Dec 30, 2012
For security reasons peculiar to this country, convoy especially those conveying political appointees are meant to be on high speed but personally I don't think it makes sense driving at such crazy speeds especially with unstable vehicles like SUV's, sedans and sports cars are designed for such speeding purposes. I remember last year when I was invited to join a former governor's convoy to inspect some projects nobody told me before I pulled out of the convoy when my honda pilot started weaving. If we had good roads in this country, most people wldnt need SUV's which as I state again are highly unreliable at breakneck speeds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Railway Engineering Scholarships In China Hijacked By Buhari’s Ministers, Others / Femi Fani-Kayode Contracts T.B Joshua To Help Beg His Wife - Sahara Reporters / Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.