Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend (3888 Views)

5 Challenges Of Being Lanky / We Still Love Each Other After 9yrs Of Separation. / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by showstopa: 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2008
Hello Nairalanders,
I want to know if anyone here has been seperated from his or her boy/girlfriend fora while a little time into the relationship.
I want to know what you felt,I'm about to go through that and i dont see it as a great challenge though.
Can anybody share his or her experience.
Thank you
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by omega25red(m): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2008
i was once separated from my girlfriend and that was when i realised how big a part of my life she was and i missed her soooo much
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by iice(f): 5:32am On Feb 24, 2008
Felt normal undecided
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 24, 2008
Felt normal undecided

I don't know why this is funny. grin grin cheesy
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by OmoEko1(f): 6:44am On Feb 24, 2008
Wow this topic brought back memories cry cry

I was once separated from him during last year summer for like 2weeks, it was the hardest decisions have ever had to make in my life by letting the one you love go. I felt like my whole world was shattering right in front of me and I couldn't do anything to fix, it affected me physical, emotional and mentally, during this all process I was going to family crisis, then school stress and working to safe up for vacation.

I shut everyone completely out of my life including my family, I didn't even know who i was anymore, because I felt no one will understand me or feel the pain I was going through, there were times I wanted to call my mom and ask her for advice but my pride wouldn't let me.

And as for my guy, wow his story was different.
The whole separation affected him more than I thought, he wasn't longer himself.
Anyway the whole separation helped us to become stronger than what we were before. There is the statement that say "You don't know what you have until it's gone".

I guess it kind of helped us to know were we both stand in the relationship, and today his glad to call me his wife to be.

You know sometimes we just got to learn our lesson in a hard way because that is the only way you cherish what you have

Am glad the whole thing happened because it gave us both the chances to appreciated each other more than ever

My mom once said, nothing comes perfect in this world, but “you take what you have and make it perfect in your own way” kiss kiss
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by chychy(f): 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ omoeko,
ur post is so touching.

i agree with what ur mum said.

anyways, there's hope for us and there's God.
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by jkpretty(f): 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2008
It depends, whoever is more in love feels the pain more.

Whatever, it makes u both know the value of what u have.

Went thru a rough time with my boo & got separated early January, I told friends & family it was over & i was gladly enjoying being single altho it wasn't funny. I thot he was over it too, not knowing he was battling with his emotions/Ego. He called on Vals night & we made back together finally yesterday. Sweet confessions, lol. It just looks like we just started afresh. I'm actually glad we had that break. It was worth it cheesy

P.S if he/she loves u they'll always get back
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by chychy(f): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2008
@jkpretty,
great story. i'm learning to let go and leave it all in God's hands.
like u said if it's mine, he'll come back.
but by God, i need 2 let go n move on
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by Busta(f): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2008
Its really, really, really hard. especially if u care so much bout that person.

all that helps is time tho. . . with time u get over it, move on and meet some pple new.
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:19am On Feb 26, 2008
I had to keep reminding myself to unclench!!!  embarassed  embarassed  embarassed
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by almondjoy(f): 3:52am On Feb 26, 2008
Despite mixed feelings about the separation, it was a good relief.  Got to do "other things" for a change. Life has been 100% better after that and has been absolutely super till now.  No regrets at all.  Good therapy from "stress"! cool Infact I feel like separating again. cheesy
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by tRoOE(f): 4:08am On Feb 26, 2008
chychy:

@ omoeko,
your post is so touching.

i agree with what your mum said.

anyways, there's hope for us and there's God.

Yes oh, it's good to put in Gods hands, nothing is impossible with him.

But you got to remember, if things are not meant to be together then it won't and if don't force yourself on him/her especially if the person does not want you back wink

Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by kalmebad(f): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2008
I was emotionally wrecked
mentally drained
phyiscally worn out

My day eventually turned to darkness,but at d end of the dark tunnel,came a shinning light
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by Lolabbey: 11:40am On Feb 26, 2008
hmmmmm
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by jkpretty(f): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2008
chychy:

@jkpretty,
great story. i'm learning to let go and leave it all in God's hands.
like u said if it's mine, he'll come back.
but by God, i need 2 let go n move on

When things seems bad, In a relationship, do ur part & do it well. If its totally not worth it. let go. God has a way of placing us in the right hands.
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by ashaby(f): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ poster
Well, i actually know what u're going 2ru cos ive gone tru it before. take the bull by the horn and take a decision guided by God. One and half years ago i broke up with my guy. Although im still single, cos im giving myself time to recuperate so to say, im enjoying a beautiful relationship with God. Let Him have the reins of ur new relationship and His will be done.

Wish u all the best
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by squirrel20(f): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES EVER THAT'S IF YOU TRULY LOVE THE PERSON,
ALL I DID WAS CRY CRY CRY AND COULDN'T SLEEP AT ALL, WAS UNABLE TO CONCENTRATE IN SCHOOL AND COULDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING FOR MYSELF, IT WAS REALLY DIFFICULT BUT NOW AM HAPPY COS IT REALLY BROUGHT ME CLOSER TO GOD.
Re: Challenges Of Separation From Your Boyfriend by kemisuga(f): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2008
This topic brought back memories of loosing someone I ever loved in my life, to another babe.

I felt the pains so much, that it affected every part of my life. But I thank God am getting over it, to move on in life.

I wish he comes back one day sha, and if he never return then he does not belong to me.

(1) (Reply)

Hw Will You Describe An Idle Relationship / Found Out 2 Months To My White Wedding That A Lady Is Pregnate For My Husband / Women Are More Promiscuous Than Men!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.