Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

GRE And TOEFL Examinations - Educational Services (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / GRE And TOEFL Examinations (63581 Views)

Does Passing GRE And TOEFL Guarantee A Scholarship? / Toefl, Sat, Gre And Gmat Tutorials, Admissions/scholarship And Visa To Us. / Proffesional Examinations (toefl, Gmat, Sat Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by canterout: 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
Just coming from First New Generation Study Center now. From my findings, I think that's the best study center for preparing for the GRE, TOEFL, SAT and such exams, in Nigeria right now. I am yet to make up my mind though , I saw lots of students there, It's like an American setting, cars, Hmm good anyways, and its not expensive. I think I found the right place. I'll keep you posted on my findings.

Though I don't seem to like the area much, cos there seem not to be a fast food around, it's all big buildings.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by targetcfa: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2010
@ bongabiz and afrodoc

Please could you provide info on where and how to access good copies of the Barron and Kaplan study materials (+ CDs). Just tried purchasing from Amazon, but they won't ship to Nigeria. Kindly assist. All the best in your endeavours as well. Those scores are/were amazing. Any useful tips? I'm no stranger to rigorous exam prepartions though.

Can I get both your contact addresses too?
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by dazzy4real(m): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
pls guys i will like to write the toefl exam and i will like to prepare for it but i dont know which materials to use can somebody help me out here . thanks
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by afrodoc(m): 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2010
@targetcfa
u can go to GIEVA it is located inthe Kingsway building at Marina Lagos.i was directed to the place from the U.S consulate office at Broad street so they are very good.u can also register and pay for your exam there.however i bought my Kaplan book at a shop in Yaba and my Barron book at one of those roadside vendors at CMS.i did very well in the exam without all those expensive lectures so u dont have to spend too much cash if u can help it.wish u all the best
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Superbrain(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2010
@ Afrodoc, nice job.
@ Others. I took my GRE and TOEFL exams last month. While I was satisfied with my score on the Quantitative section, my Verbal score on the GRE was appalling because I did not prepare for the verbal section. Q-770 V-420 AW-4.0. For the GRE i'll suggest you start out at least three months before your scheduled exam date. If your major is in an engineering field, you shouldn't have any problem with the Quant. You'll need to work on your verbal so as to improve your cumulative score.
You can get Barron's material for the TOEFL and GRE at CMS-check the shops by the roadside near CMS bookshop. I don't think you need to go for any classes to ace the TOEFL. With one week of preparation, i was able to score 104 out of 120 on the iBT. All you need is focused preparation.

For the GRE please do not neglect the powerprep software and NOVA gre. I got a couple of pdf files. You need them, let me know.

1 Like

Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by mercurial: 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2010
get to midek concept and you be well trained for gre annnnd aany other american standardized tests.located at 9 awolowo way ikeja.adjacent lagon hospital
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by pritybevx: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2010
visit http://www.fngcenter.com. I've spoken about them somewhere on this site before. The owner is the ever popular Michelle Ukoh and according to her, her vision is to create a synergy between education in The United States and Education in Nigeria by empowering Nigerian youths to go study abroad and come back to Nigeria to develop the Country. She's an American. She therefore handles SAT, TOEFL GRE, GMAT etc along with processing admissions for Nigerians. So far, I heard it's a 100% track record at processing admissions for Nigerians. Meaning you have a fat chance of getting to your expected end.

As for Touche, I think they've been around a while, but everywhere you turn, it's one complaint or the other about their service. I think they really need to get their hearts together.

Anyways, check out Http://fngcenter.com and I guess you'll have no worries.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by adeniyi334: 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2010
Go to http://www.fngcenter.com/gre or www.fngcenter.com/register/toefl. I have talked about FNG Center in this forum a couple of times. Ciao.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by hinge: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2010
hello all i register toefl for n20,000 and gre for 25,000.you can reach me on the following number for inquiry 012184151,07041281415.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by adeniyi334: 10:53am On Mar 16, 2010
@ hinge. How would you like a call from the Nigerian Police? grin

1 Like

Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Divine009: 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ hinge: don't spoil this country for us because I know that TOEFL can never be N20k
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by biyiwilly(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2010
if you need comprehensive tutorials on GMAT GRE SAT IELT AND TOEFL you can connect with B2 CONSULTING , our office is located in Victoria island, TERRA KULTURE plot 1367 Tiamiyu Savage Street, off Ahmadu Bello way victoria Island lagos,

you can also visit our website on www.b2consultingng.com,

or you can call Adegbola on 08023343047, 08063114931.

we'll register u for any of the above listed exams within 24 hours, price very cheap,
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by afolabi172: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kindly come in for our training courses in our center.We offer the following training and you can also get yourself cerified at our center.

We provide you with materials and dumbs that ensures your passing at one sitting.

Regards

Call 07045983415
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by tigerpaws(f): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
Scammers Associations grin tongue angry
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by qwertygeni: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2010
please can anyone tell me where to get the GRE and TOEFL materials in . Desperately looking out for response from Nairalanders.[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by biyiwilly(m): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2010
just call this number and u have the materials in ibadan in 3hours 01-8837758,
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by canterout: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
As i sad earlier, go to www.fngcenter.com. This scam people are just getting too much these days. May God help us oh.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by EmmaMsc(m): 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
Hello guys. I am currently studying for GRE. but i perform woefully in the verbal section - esp. reading comprehension, analogies and antonyms. Guys pls suggest books and strategies on how to study for the verbal section
I also need materials on TOEFL
Thanks
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by drmoney: 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2010
RACHIWISE

i sat for the GRE earlier this month and i scored 1520,760 in the quantitative and 760 in the verbal so its very possible to get above 1000.i spent just one month preparing for the exam BUT i made sure it was quality time (i was on leave for 6weeks b4 the exam so i had time to read).i used both kaplan and barron and i feel they both have pros and cons.barrons teaching techniques are better than kaplan;s however the kaplan CD is more analytical than the barron CD,helping to pick out weak points.i advice you pick a time u will be free to study cos qualitative reading is the key not number of hours,all the best.
@ afrodoc.
Pls can I get ur e-mail addy?
Kinda inspired with ur result.
Pls I'm writing next month.
Thanks.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by biyiwilly(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2010
if you need comprehensive tutorials on GMAT GRE SAT IELT AND TOEFL you can connect with B2 CONSULTING , our office is located in Victoria island, TERRA KULTURE plot 1367 Tiamiyu Savage Street, off Ahmadu Bello way victoria Island lagos,

you can also visit our website on www.b2consultingng.com,

or you can call Adegbola on 08023343047, 08063114931.

we'll register u for any of the above listed exams within 24 hours, price very cheap,
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by JeanDeroy(f): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2010
Can someone tell me if there are any preparation centres in Port Harcourt undecided
i need to start preparing ASAP n i cant seem to find any centres in PortHarcourt.

PS/ i dont mean test centres, preparation centres please.

Thanx in advance
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by biyiwilly(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2010
if you need comprehensive tutorials on GMAT GRE SAT IELT AND TOEFL you can connect with B2 CONSULTING , their office is located in Victoria island, TERRA KULTURE plot 1367 Tiamiyu Savage Street, off Ahmadu Bello way victoria Island lagos,

you can also visit their website on www.b2consultingng.com,

or you can call Adegbola on 08023343047, 08063114931

they can register u for any of the exams within 24 hours
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by EmmaMsc(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2010
Hello guys.  I intend writing Toefl  I want to know wether it is possible to register with my credit card online and write in nigeria
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by kobikwelu(m): 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2010
na waaa ooo
all this gloomy news abt taking dis exams sef cos of some wicked nigerian MOFOS

e no go better for una!!!

meanyl, im in abuja and hope to go 4 graduate studies by spring/fall 2011

any peeps looking at that time for studies, post, lets synergize
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by myk4koool: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
Please,does anyone know if they accept combined waec results(i mean two sitting)in U.k or U.S?
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by biyiwilly(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2011
HURRY! HURRY!! HURRY!!!

Register for your next TOEFL exam for 2011 and
Get a free practice CD for just 30k
@B2 Consulting
Venue: 3, Abiola Segun Ajayi Street, Off Muri Okunola Street, Victoria island, Lagos.

Registration date every Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 10am – 2pm.
Enquiries call: 08063114931, 08023343047,01-8837758

Visit: www.b2consultingng.com for more info.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by kiddosolomon: 10:54am On Jun 08, 2011
we have easily and quickly registered quite a number of students for the Toefl exam.And have also helped them passed through first class preparation materials such as Toefl official books,Kaplan Complete official interactive audio-visual material,Toefl Online Practice Test etc. Success is sure with your input. Call 08026829467 for more information
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Rappeateshose: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2011
Forensic Psychology Is One Of its Kind, This Site Here Will Prove What I mean guys

Check this out Forensic Psychology

Forensic Psychology
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by hinge: 8:39am On Sep 26, 2011
@adeniyi334 Please be my guest!i will be glad to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

STUDY IN REPUBLIC OF BENIN,COTONOU 2016/2017 ENROLLMENT / Secrets Of Smashing JAMB With High Scores / Free sponsorship for your Education Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.