Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Why Do Recruitment Processes In Nigeria Take So Long? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Recruitment Processes In Nigeria Take So Long? (961 Views)

Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? / Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? / Why Do People Stay Unemployed For So Long??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Recruitment Processes In Nigeria Take So Long? by AdoOloro(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
They request for applications from qualified candidates, stating needed requirements and closing date for submission of applications, but they will never state the exact time the recruitment process will be concluded. Imagine being called for an interview for a job, aptitude test of which you wrote 2 years ago. The process for most good jobs in Nigeria take a year.

Let me try and list some.

Lagos Teachers recruitment, FIRS, NNPC, Dangote Driver, Police ICT pros, SSS, Most Banks( 6 months) etc.

I don't know how long it takes, generally, in advanced economies but I feel this is not right.

Can someone give an explanation?
Re: Why Do Recruitment Processes In Nigeria Take So Long? by 1forall: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
It reflects employer unseriousness in my opinion because any employer that actually needs the services of new hires would move it's recruitment process along fast enough for successful candidates to start contributing quickly.

But with the state of unemployment in Naija where the impression is that employers are doing a favor to new recruits, they can do whatever they like and get away with it. Some employers would view new hires in terms of cost only, and may therefore believe they are cutting costs by taking their time.
Even if they really need the new hands, management would always get away with delays in hiring as long as existing employees continue to take on increasing responsibility even outside their remit just to keep their job as they themselves know what they went through before they got employed.

With government agencies, I expect the motives would be different.

Nevertheless I am sure there are other perspectives.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Recruitment Processes In Nigeria Take So Long? by olumaxi(m): 7:07am On Dec 31, 2012
But inec n npc havnt taken so long

(1) (Reply)

Uba Test. Did Any Other Person Get Their Text / Sonia Food Interview Updated / xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.