Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? (5756 Views)

Guys Only: Answer These Questions / Benefits Of Experiencing A Failed Relationship / After 4 Years, Is Divorce The Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Emusan(m): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
Marriage is the process by which two people who love each other make their relationship public, official, and permanent.

In comparison; a marriage that about to collapse and that of an abandoned building that is so fragile to collapse, to me there's no difference. And to a Builder/Building Technicians, a building that its collapse is imminent can be restore back to is original position which can still withstand winds, heavy rain, and spend the normal life-span. by replacing some old parts with a new part.

Do you think couples can still do something in other to prevent divorce, if a marriage seems fragile and the collapse seems imminent?
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
Emusan: Marriage is the process by which two people who love each other make their relationship public, official, and permanent.

In comparison; a marriage that about to collapse and that of an abandoned building that is so fragile to collapse, to me there's no difference. And to a Builder/Building Technicians, a building that its collapse is imminent can be restore back to is original position which can still withstand winds, heavy rain, and spend the normal life-span. by replacing some old parts with a new part.

Do you think couples can still do something in other to prevent divorce, if a marriage seems fragile and the collapse seems imminent?

Yes.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Emusan(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yes.

What ma?
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by larrymoore(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Divorce is bad. Only if it can be outrightly avoided, marriage could ve be d only true means of union.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by k2039: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]Divorce is not the only option, but death is also another [/color]

3 Likes

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Of course its not the only answer, but it is the most sensible. No juju please undecided
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by UjSizzle(f): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
It beats the alternative.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Businesstools(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
You do not need to be told.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by free2ryhme: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
Emusan: Marriage is the process by which two people who love each other make their relationship public, official, and permanent.

r u the guy with this issues
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Iaz93: 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Divorce is the only and best answer to a failed marriage. . . .
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by stonefaze: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
I would say YES 2 those who rush in2 it or for those who marry in d name of the title MR\MRS or perhaps Golddiggers.But NO 2 those who will pray 2 have the patience2 live with their spouse because they definitly come from different backgrounds and family
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
Iaz93: Divorce is the only and best answer to a failed marriage. . . .
shikena!

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by felifeli: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2012

You have really answered your own question. If a building has become structurally unsafe best solution is to pull it down before it falls down by itself and destroy lives. If a marriage has FAILED for the love of God kindly get a divorce before it claims lives.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by makinde3: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2012

The solution is not to divorce but prayers to almight God

3 Likes

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by jadajada: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
what else do u expect 4rm a failed marriage?
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by jadajada: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
makinde3:

and what if they atheist?

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Bacteriocin(m): 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
If things doesn't work the normal way again, at times, the more you try to fix it, the more trouble you encounter.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by bknight: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
Separation is an option. It proves effective in certain cases where both need some growing up to do
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by penfold(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2012
I believe it depends on d definition of a failed marriage, when can it be said that a marriage has broken down irredeemably? Couples at times do not define when they are just having 'issues' and when there is complete breakdown!!
90 per cent of divorces happen cuz of issues dt could have been resolved with a little patience on both sides.
Whenever a divorce that is merited occurs...both sides usually breathe a sigh of relief and there are no regrets, but if the reasons are not 'deep' enough....u bet both sides will continue to be miserable and bitter!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Emusan(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
felifeli:

You have really answered your own question. If a building has become structurally unsafe best solution is to pull it down before it falls down by itself and destroy lives. If a marriage has FAILED for the love of God kindly get a divorce before it claims lives.

If a building is not structurally sound any more, pulling down is not the best option for a competent builder.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Goldieluks: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sometimes divorce may be an only option. But it is mostly advisable for couples in a troubled relationship to seperate for a while, to see if anything good comes out of it. But if things remains the same or becomes worse, then the best option is divorce.

Life is too short for one to live a life full of pain, sorrow, regrets and unhappiness.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
felifeli:

You are wrong. You should remodel to reinforce the structure. Start from the bottom up.

Of course both parties must be willing to work and not make silly excuses.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by cold(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
Emusan:

If a building is not structurally sound any more, pulling down is not the best option for a competent builder.
Are you serious?Even to the detriment of the occupants?Or you haven't seen where occupants of a building have been instructed to leave their homes because it has been it has been damaged beyond repairs and has to be demolished.I see you're trying really hard to make an argument of saving a marriage but sometimes a union may have been damaged beyond repair,the only solution would be to pull the plug and go your separate ways before things degenerate any further
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by yeye4live(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Businesstools: You do not need to be told.
4get it,ow many pple 2day divorced n stil leav hapily

2 Likes

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by lat4real: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
IMO, Divorce is only an option if she try to kill me or i catch her with another man. Apart form those two things, we can rebuild it.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Emusan(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
yeye4live: 4get it,ow many pple 2day divorced n stil leav hapily

You're on point.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by shizzle11(m): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
Goldieluks: Sometimes divorce may be an only option. But it is mostly advisable for couples in a troubled relationship to seperate for a while, to see if anything good comes out of it. But if things remains the same or becomes worse, then the best option is divorce.

Life is too short for one to live a life full of pain, sorrow, regrets and unhappiness.

On point!
It is needless staying in a marriage where Ɣ☺ΰ're not happi and when every avenue to forestall harmony and peace has been exhausted to no avail. Divorce becomes unavoidable in order to prevent †ђξ inevitable end from occuring earlier.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by duni04(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
Depends. If its something like infedility, where regaining lost trust is almost impossible, or violent or abusive spouces, divorce might be the solution. But where people are getting divorced for such lousy reasons as "the connection isn't there again" or "we've just grown apart" and all d other stupid reasons my generation has come up with, then divorce is far from being the only answer.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by jmoore(m): 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Divorce is not the only option when both parties are ready to reconcile.
An example of two real life stories. First is former US president Bill Clinton who is still married to Hillary Clinton despite infidelity. Another story is about a woman who was involved in infidelity which resulted in a pregnancy yet her husband didnt choose the divorce option because both were ready to make the marriage work
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by k2039: 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
makinde3:

[color=soyouquotedme]That's one of the reason you have spouses killing each other, endurance has a breaking limit.

If the marriage is not working, the couples shouldn't hesitate to file for divorce.

[/color]
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by kaboninc(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
bknight: Separation is an option. It proves effective in certain cases where both need some growing up to do

I'll go with you on this one. With separation, both couples can really have a re-think and hopefully they could get back. I really do not want to experience a failed marriage. But if it happens...I believe there must be a way out but....it won't happen. That's my conviction

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by kaboninc(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
jmoore: Divorce is not the only option when both parties are ready to reconcile.
An example of two real life stories. First is former US president Bill Clinton who is still married to Hillary Clinton despite infidelity. Another story is about a woman who was involved in infidelity which resulted in a pregnancy yet her husband didnt choose the divorce option because both were ready to make the marriage work

In both cases, they were ready to work on it. What if one of the partner refuses?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament / I Am In Need Of A Man Who Will Compliment Me / My Boyfriend Is Misbehaving Since He Learnt i cant Live Without Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.