Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays (26584 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by nasty45(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
At op,u took d topic outta me brain#u be winch?lolz,,,funny enuf i wanted started a thread as this,d church i attended today(name witheld) even had men puttin on caps,hats on suit inside d church,it disgust me mehn...d churches of ds days have lost its salts
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by weaseloo: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
Glorified_Tunde:
SAYS WHO? The last time my Pastor picked up this issue, u need to see the faces of 'em girls; they were all adjusting on their respective seats. Sweating and couldn't stand up. One of them told me it was like the pastor was directly attacking her.

The thing is you cannot send them away from the Church, even Jesus wouldn't do that. He said He came for the sinners, not the saints.

I disagree with the bolded and think that is C.R.A.P. Same Jesus says if your eyes will cause you to sin, pluck it out. They should be driven away from the churches. What on earth is this idea of "being sexy" IN CHURCH. Who are you trying to impress? God who can already see deep into your soul, definitely not. It is just clear they are targeting the men in church. If they are truly there to worship God, "sexy" will not cross their minds.
What pains me the most is that some vulnerable young teenager will be looking at them, longing to do the same not knowing its not right.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by vanstanzy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Wsdm: But why is this prevalent in the church? Are Christians the only people Satan succeed in making indecent? Why has he not succeeded on other religion? The earlier you all claim responsibilities for your actions the better the world will be for all of us. Did your religion teaches you that your sins will be shared with Satan?

Our religion strongly tells us that the soul that sins shall be thrown into hell. And where's Satans' knigdom? "HELL!" So we'll share the consequences of our "unconfessed" sins by our sojourn in hell with the devil, whether we like it or not.

Indecency is rampant and not only restricted to Christianity. Look around u Christians, Muslims, Atheists (convinced that the Devil doesn't exist, another potent tool by the devil to brain-wash man.) etc. Note: Atheism is not a religion, at least i don't think so.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by mascot87(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Glorified_Tunde:
SAYS WHO? The last time my Pastor picked up this issue, u need to see the faces of 'em girls; they were all adjusting on their respective seats. Sweating and couldn't stand up. One of them told me it was like the pastor was directly attacking her.

The thing is you cannot send them away from the Church, even Jesus wouldn't do that. He said He came for the sinners, not the saints.
Check my edited version and comment. Thanks
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by jadajada: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
drmary: I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? Pls reasonable contribution
They're doin it 4 u. Just 2 get ur attention.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
*Kails*:
Is it not in the bible that one must "render [their] hearts and not their garments"?
so why does it matter how they dress? you could be in a tuxedo or wrapped in foil tongue
it's your heart that God judges..according the the bible. So who cares? Your mind should not
be on scantily dressed people, it should be on serving your creator.

#boom!

DON NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE PLEASE! Truly God looks at the heart, but every sin starts from the heart. Before a lady dresses indecently or "to kill" to Church, she made up in her heart to seduce someone with her dressing. There isn't any action we take in this world without thinking it through. SIN ACTUALLY STARTS FROM THE HEART!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar:

you must be a fool to have noticed what ladies wear in church is indecent. do you go to church to stalk women or to render your services to your creator. it's people like you who travel abroad to commit sëxual offences.

village goat!
Nne nwayo. It is not always easy for an average young man to focus in the face of indecent dressing.
@op. The problem is the system. If the church didn't permit it in the first place, they would'nt have come to see it as normal. I blame the management of the church.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by lain: 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
The question should have been why do some women dress indecently to some churches nowadays... Thank u

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by 2HASUM(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
The earlier you wake up from your deep sleep that most churches these days have the sole aim of making money for the ministry usually owned by the pastor/GO and the wife/children, how you dress to these churches is inconsequential; tithes, offering, first fruits, sowing of seeds and donating/making pledges for church building projects are the main issues here, then you can wait for eternity for your reward, because your sins have been paid for and you are forgiven even before you commit.
I am sure you may not be aware that 'runs girls' and brothel resident- 'money for back for ground babes' populate most of these your 'churches' so how do you expect them to dress?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Revolva(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
See ladies must sell market na - that's their selling point !!!!and for your information I see church gathering more than a social gathering
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpapi: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
Some monkeys will stil put d blame on gej

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by mascot87(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
holyvirgin:
so who gets to pay tithe when they leave the church? The truth is that churches nowadays are not interested in soul winning rather they are interestd in worldly possesion
Point of correct,fallacy of hasty generalization is unacceptable,not all churches but some churches. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by drmary: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
I think men of God don't talk about issues like this again,maybe its old fashioned !
All you hear is blessing,prosperity,breakthru n all sorts.They are good though,but once in a while core christian value should be discussed

Thanks @ all for d reasonable contribution

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hmm, Why do more women dress indecently these days?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by back2sender: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
I have stopped going to any 4 walls cslled church because na Sodom n Gomorrah in disguise.
This was not so when i was growing up in the 80s,who born u to wear trouser for house not talk of wearing it to church? or going to church without covering you hair.
this one wen una dey see na small one,time dey come dem go dey wear pant alone go church.

Tthere was a colleague burial we went for somewhere in Ibuzu in Delta state, d service took place in a catholic church and do you know one of my colleague was stopped from enterig the church by one of the elderly women in the church because she was badly dressed even though we came all the way from lagos. we hail the women no be small because the girl own too much.How many church can do that today? wen everything now na prosperity

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Emmy9898: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar:

you must be a fool to have noticed what ladies wear in church is indecent. do you go to church to stalk women or to render your services to your creator. it's people like you who travel abroad to commit sëxual offences.

village goat!

Bros, don't come down heavily on him nah. He's only struggling to make a post nah, and e no easy. grin grin
OK. I'll vouch for him. He's clean. He's harmless. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
weaseloo:

I disagree with the bolded and think that is C.R.A.P. Same Jesus says if your eyes will cause you to sin, pluck it out. They should be driven away from the churches. What on earth is this idea of "being sexy" IN CHURCH. Who are you trying to impress? God who can already see deep into your soul, definitely not. It is just clear they are targeting the men in church. If they are truly there to worship God, "sexy" will not cross their minds.
What pains me the most is that some vulnerable young teenager will be looking at them, longing to do the same not knowing its not right.

OK. SO WHY DID JESUS SAY I HAVE COME FOR THE LOST. EVEN THE BIBLE MADE MENTION OF SOME IN THE CHURCH THOSE DAYS WHO WERE DOING WRONG THINGS. LEAVE THEIR JUDGEMENT TO GOD. IF YOU FALL BECAUSE OF THIS ONES, THEN YOU WERE NEVER GROUNDED IN FAITH. DO NOT LOOK THEM TWICE OR START MAKING IMAGINATIONS IN YOUR HEART. BESIDES THE BIBLE SAYS "YOUR EYES" NOT "THE GIRLS".

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpapi: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
E_monkey: Please I would like to know which part of the New Testament contains information on how women should dress in their everyday lives.
so u r among dos exposing dos big bboobbs in church
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
mascot87:
Check my edited version and comment. Thanks

NOTED
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by vanstanzy(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Wsdm: But why is this prevalent in the church? Are Christians the only people Satan succeed in making indecent? Why has he not succeeded on other religions? The earlier you all claim responsibilities for your actions the better the world will be for all of us. Did your religion teaches you that your sins will be shared with Satan? In the mosque, women are separated from men during worship to avoid "SIDE ATTRACTION". Learn this from the Muslims and correct the decay in the churches. But you people will prefer to copy the dressing of a Naked atheists in preference to "MODESTY" found in ISLAM.

I'll agree with u, Islam has an upper hand when it comes to modest dressing. But, they (Muslims) too are not spared by the rising indecency in the world.. Its a Virus in the worlds' system
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by informatix: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
drmary: I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? Pls. reasonable contribution
is NOT ONLY Church. Even Banks,schools,airports,weddings and national assembly. Women of Nowadays believe they have to Dress that way to get Men Attention.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by jaybim: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mehn... I taya 4 church today o... C diz chics with d hot gowns n skirts, n I am a guy who gts really turned on by hot sexy legs...dis particular chic sittin behind had me turnin every now n again to steal glances hard as I tried to fight it. It was a big distraction to say d least. I don mark dat chic sha n recon mode will kick in shortly... May God forgive moi grin
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpapi: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar:

village goat!
common keep quiet,is pple like u dat derive demonic joy in seeings girls wear top dat reveal their bbooobbs in church,asshhawo

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by ghettodreamz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
End times beckoning...

Luke 18:8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Iaz93: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
God looks at the ''inside''... _Men are carried away by the ''outside''.... Konji don finish you for church...you con come here dey lament! Rubbish!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by gunuvi(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
The correct question is supposed to be "why are our daddy GO's buying jets"
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by billionman: 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Glorified_Tunde:

OK. SO WHY DID JESUS SAY I HAVE COME FOR THE LOST. EVEN THE BIBLE MADE MENTION OF SOME IN THE CHURCH THOSE DAYS WHO WERE DOING WRONG THINGS. LEAVE THEIR JUDGEMENT TO GOD. IF YOU FALL BECAUSE OF THIS ONES, THEN YOU WERE NEVER GROUNDED IN FAITH. DO NOT LOOK THEM TWICE OR START MAKING IMAGINATIONS IN YOUR HEART. BESIDES THE BIBLE SAYS "YOUR EYES" NOT "THE GIRLS".

Ok. For how long will they be "lost"? Are the "lost" going to be lost forever? Did the "lost" not come to the house of God to be found? Or are they going to be lost forever while still in church for more than two years? Or are they just pretending to be "lost" while they carry along the innocent ones to their lost kingdom?

For your information, most of them know what they are doing. They are not ignorant of their deeds.

I blame the ministers in charge of such congregations cause once the head is faulty the, whole body will be faulty too. The moment a "pastor" sees nothing wrong with the way his congregation do things and decide to play along, then the members will throw caution to the wind and begin to do things by their will.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by achi4u(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
To be honest,most guys go to such party(oh! church) just to catch the glimse of escaping bre.ast from its trapgrin

i can't stand 'hotlegs' thoughgrin
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by evecares(f): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
As d name implies tongue
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
The purpose of going to church has been bastardized,churches is now seen as a place where people can outdo one another in dressing.
Even the church has not come out in strong terms to condemn the act,which shows directly,or in directly encouraging it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by pink4: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
well u cant even try that in UNN.-st peter's chaplaincy.i trust msgn, ononyima

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Wsdm: 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
vanstanzy:

Our religion strongly tells us that the soul that sins shall be thrown into hell. And where's Satans' knigdom? "HELL!" So we'll share the consequences of our "unconfessed" sins by our sojourn in hell with the devil, whether we like it or not.

Indecency is rampant and not only restricted to Christianity. Look around u Christians, Muslims, Atheists (convinced that the Devil doesn't exist, another potent tool by the devil to brain-wash man.) etc. Note: Atheism is not a religion, at least i don't think so.
But ATHEISM is way of life as do other religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

is The Wearing Of Necklaces And Ear Rings Scriptural In The Bible? / Prophet Genesis Refuses Offering From Church Members Because Of Naira Crisis / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.